Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-21, 11:42   Link #721
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
1b. On side note, K-On fan voting against Ritsu just so there's no split b/t her and Azu-nyan against Akarin?
This is exactly what I meant when I say that strategy was going to play a big role in B08. For the K-On fans, I can see why they wouldn't vote for Ritsu, as it could take away votes for Azunyan. On the other hand, Akarin fans could be aware of this and may have voted for Ritsu in an attempt for this to happen (only for the plan to fail).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Hidamari is doomed this year, aren't they?
Blame this on both the fact that it got into a tournament due to a two-episode OAV and the fact that they had awful choices in terms of first round matches (i.e. Yuno against Azunyan, Sae taking away votes that Nori could have used to beat Chris). Of course, it's also possible that the show is being a "scapegoat" by some voters as backlash to the Madoka Magica overkill of last year (similar to how K-On failing to make it past the first round last year could possibly be due in part to Azunyan winning the 2010 tournament).

Of course, the real answer to this will probably not be seen until next year, when Hidamari Sketch will be eligible again thanks to the show's upcoming fourth season.
Old 2012-08-21, 12:10   Link #722
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Huhuhuhu Ami has fallen behind badly.
;_;

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be rewatching the toradora christmas episode with tears streaming down my cheeks.
Old 2012-08-21, 12:33   Link #723
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be rewatching the toradora christmas episode with tears streaming down my cheeks.
[OT]But we all know that Ami shown nothing in that episode, but Taiga, well...[/OT]

Quote:
This is exactly what I meant when I say that strategy was going to play a big role in B08. For the K-On fans, I can see why they wouldn't vote for Ritsu, as it could take away votes for Azunyan. On the other hand, Akarin fans could be aware of this and may have voted for Ritsu in an attempt for this to happen (only for the plan to fail).
Another thing is the general drop in K-On fans voting anyway. On a side note, though, Run is probably the only A-Channel girl that'll go through to 2nd round (A-Channel draw is only better than Tamayura's, with Tooru stuck in a group with Shirakiin, Yuuko against Ika-chan, and Nagi against Mio...).

While on a related note, at least Hidamari will have Miyako advancing (Her group is a joke...)
Old 2012-08-21, 13:31   Link #724
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
[OT]But we all know that Ami shown nothing in that episode, but Taiga, well...[/OT]
Well, it's more the sad nature of those episodes I guess.
Old 2012-08-21, 13:34   Link #725
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:

Another thing is the general drop in K-On fans voting anyway. On a side note, though, Run is probably the only A-Channel girl that'll go through to 2nd round (A-Channel draw is only better than Tamayura's, with Tooru stuck in a group with Shirakiin, Yuuko against Ika-chan, and Nagi against Mio...).

While on a related note, at least Hidamari will have Miyako advancing (Her group is a joke...)
I highly doubt Miyako's group is a joke knowing that Takane was only 1 vote behind her which is close enough that Takane might troll her.
Old 2012-08-21, 13:53   Link #726
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I highly doubt Miyako's group is a joke knowing that Takane was only 1 vote behind her which is close enough that Takane might troll her.
Not to mention, Idolmaster seems to be the group not to be underestimated.
Old 2012-08-21, 17:16   Link #727
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 2-1 (14-10)
Predictions: 2-1 (19-5)

Not quite running away with it, but that'll do the job. Low vote totals all around.

Picks: Shizuno, Kanon, Ringo
Predictions: Kyouko, Kanon, Ringo

Saki vs Yuruyuri. Ready? FIGHT! (after break)
Also: Tamayura has the chance to have 75% of its representatives knocked out in one day.
Old 2012-08-21, 19:21   Link #728
Team Rocket Elite

Take Sae out of the match and 88% of the votes would have to go to Nori for Nori to win. Chris didn't quite get a majority but it doesn't seem like she needed the split to win. Ritsu did better than expected but my pick Run managed to win in the end. Mako totally drops the ball in the third match. While lower tier Saki character may fill the bracket, they can't advance unless they are actually strong.
Old 2012-08-21, 20:11   Link #729
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
While lower tier Saki character may fill the bracket, they can't advance unless they are actually strong.
Mako barely qualified for the main battle anyway (14th place in 2nd prelim...). Knowing that prelim = fairly easy for Saki girls to get undeserved high rank due to straight ticket = that's how weak Mako is (Okay, in general meganekko perform quite badly, just look at Ichika compare to Remon and Kanna...)
Old 2012-08-21, 21:03   Link #730
Team Rocket Elite

I forgot she did that badly in second preliminaries. I was looking at her first preliminary performance where she got 13th in group 2 but I guess that may have been due to sharing a preliminary with Matsumi Yuu.
Old 2012-08-22, 04:49   Link #731
Wanderer
Goat

Did not expect Ami to lose that badly, and I didn't think A-Channel would remain popular enough after a year. Anyway, I know it's break today, but I'll put up my predictions for tomorrow early.

Picks 14-9, Predictions 19-5

C01
Shizuno Takakamo @ Saki
Rise Matsumoto @ Yuru Yuri
Kyouko Toshinou @ Yuru Yuri

I think Yuru Yuri will stay organized and Kyouko will eek out a win. Well, I hope so at least. I like Kyouko a lot.

C05
Fuu Sawatari @ Tamayura
Kanon Nakagawa @ The World God Only Knows
Norie Okazaki @ Tamayura

Tricky. It's not too clear who is stronger between Fuu and Kanon, and Tamayura both combos and splits at the same time!

C09
Kaoru Hanawa @ Tamayura
Ringo Oginome @ Mawaru Penguindrum
Professor Shinonome @ Nichijou

I'm banking on the combo to put Kaoru on top over Ringo.
Old 2012-08-22, 07:55   Link #732
ion475
にこにこにー

I'll post a little bit earlier today due to the break...

C01: <<歳納京子@ゆるゆり>>
C05: <<沢渡楓(ぽって)@たまゆら -hitotose->>
C09: <<はかせ@日常>>

Predicting Kyouko, Kanon, Hakase. Shizu is just not popular enough even from a Saki standpoint...

In C05, Tamayura split vote = makes things a lot less interesting...

Last edited by ion475; 2012-08-22 at 08:33.
Old 2012-08-22, 09:17   Link #733
Team Rocket Elite

Block C kicks up was a head on collision between the main characters of Saki Side A and Yuru Yuri. In better positions either character could have made a Block Final but one of them is going out today. Ako narrowly beat Kyouko in the preliminaries and I think she's stronger than Shizuno. Also if Akari looks as strong as Toki, I think Kyouko can beat Shizuno. Rise will cause a minor split vote but I doubt it'll matter unless the match is very close. I'm going with Kyouko winning. There are several midcarders in the second match and I'm going with Sawatari Fuu winning. Several not so strong character in the third match so I'm siding with Oginome Ringo.

Votes:
Toshinou Kyouko
Nakagawa Kanon
Hakase

Predictions:
Toshinou Kyouko
Sawatari Fuu
Oginome Ringo
Old 2012-08-22, 10:24   Link #734
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Picks- Kyouko, Kanon, Hakase

Prediction- Kyouko, Kanon, Hakase
Old 2012-08-22, 11:01   Link #735
hinakatbklyn

To summarize my favorites luck so far that advanced:

Group A: Kobato Hasegawa, Koromo, Yuuki Kataoka, Remon and,
Group B: Azusa, Shinobu, Akari (Toki & Kanade Alittle) advance

Supporting Today : Toshino Kyouko & Nakagawa Kanon
Old 2012-08-22, 11:34   Link #736
seemmeriast

Shizu - 38
Kyouko - 38
Rise - 4

The minor split vote probably makes this the toughest match for Kyouko. If she survives the first round, she'll have a pretty high chance to win this group. I don't think Lotte, Erica, Ui, Hisa, or Shizu herself (without split vote) can beat her fair and square.
Old 2012-08-22, 11:46   Link #737
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Mai-GuESSes:

Kyouko, Fuu, Kaoru

Though really, today are all 1 v 1 matches. Rise, Norie, and Hakase will (or at least should) get quickly forgotten.
Old 2012-08-22, 12:17   Link #738
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Hopefully Kyouko doesn't suffer from split votes in the end like the others who already did since I feel like she's weaker than I thought if that happened.
Old 2012-08-22, 12:26   Link #739
hinakatbklyn

Regardless of how weak or strong Shizuno is, don't fall behind by too much at any point in the match when Saki is involved. A 28 vote lead right now for Shizuno (even against Kyouko)could give Saki a reason to pull away early and make split voting a non-factor.
Old 2012-08-22, 15:32   Link #740
seemmeriast

Shizu is taking a significant lead...

I take back my words. Seems like Saki faction is just invincible, even with a not-so-strong character. (According to the prelims, Shizu should be the 17th strongest Saki girl.)
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament