Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-01, 04:56   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Live-eviL translates Naruto!

Wow, finally Live-eviL has decided to join the Naruto fansubbing craze. I hope that everyone has decided to download their sub so that you can see how the show should be done!

Seriously, this is April Fools so you know something is wrong here. I know that many of you are thinking that there is something wrong with the sub, but in fact there is something wrong with Live-eviL. The joke is that Live-eviL is subbing Naruto and if you don't think that is funny it is probably because you don't know what kind of shows they sub.

Anway, Tofu-"Has Never Watched An Ep of Naruto"-Sensei did his best to sub this show, but it was very hard for him since he doesn't know any of the characters or backstory. Lacking all the knowlege of this show that you take for granted, he had to resort to the kind of thing that you do when you have a test and didn't study. Yup. He just made shiz up.

The guy tried to produce a real episode of Naruto 77, but you'll have to download it to see what happened.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-04-01 at 05:46.
Old 2004-04-01, 04:57   Link #2
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Warning: It may contain some vulgar language (but the japanese is just as vulgar in parts :P)

Naruto has a potty mouth, if he was my kid, I'd slap him.

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 05:01   Link #3
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Man I might have to download this to see what you did.

What the hell I'll download it. Although I imagine we are all going to get duped or something really good since NoSanninWa is now part of live-evil (well I think) and he probably set this whole thing up. I guess I'll have to take my chances.
Old 2004-04-01, 05:12   Link #4
cRoNoXz

This is quite surprising that Live-Evil want and did sub Naruto

What brought Live-Evil to sub this? I'm curious..

But, this is surely worth a try
Old 2004-04-01, 05:18   Link #5
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

One more warning. The OP and ED songs were translated with bablefish. ^O^

Only the songs were translated that way.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-04-01 at 05:41.
Old 2004-04-01, 05:19   Link #6
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

I am downloading it now i guess its april fool thing, soooo Naruto is being nasty eh?
hope you subbed it up real good
Old 2004-04-01, 05:21   Link #7
Umbrae
Generic Human

bablefish? I am so going to have to watch this when I get home. . . now that I think about it, just grabbing the raw, writing out a script, running it through bablefish, and encoding it would be a riot for an april fools joke =)
Old 2004-04-01, 05:28   Link #8
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
OMG... I am seriously LMAO.

I can't wait to see this... bittorrent can't run fast enough, haha!
Old 2004-04-01, 05:28   Link #9
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
bablefish? I am so going to have to watch this when I get home. . . now that I think about it, just grabbing the raw, writing out a script, running it through bablefish, and encoding it would be a riot for an april fools joke =)

Bad, bad april fool this.
Old 2004-04-01, 05:34   Link #10
SpikeS095
Fighting Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe
Bad, bad april fool this.
True. A very poor April Fools joke (a poor fake sub in any circumstance).
Downloaded and watched... apparently L-E tried to do a funny fake sub but it's really not funny at all (and Naruto fake subs have already been done by a number of groups, most recently ghetto-fansubs).

The op/ed were apparently translated with babelfish and lines in the episode were changed to try and make them 'funny'; basically, the plot line stayed intact (wasn't babelfished apparently) and words were changed in lines to make it funnier (i.e., friends became n***gas, naruto became "fish cake", with random curse words like 'wtf' and 'stfu' thrown in, along with other lame changes). There's some karaoke flying around to mimic poorly overdone effects, but all-in-all, this fake sub thing has been done before (and better) by other groups (and it wasn't even April Fools).

IMHO it's more or less a waste of time/effort; don't bother.
Old 2004-04-01, 05:41   Link #11
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeS095
True. A very poor April Fools joke (a poor fake sub in any circumstance).
Downloaded and watched... apparently L-E tried to do a funny fake sub but it's really not funny at all (and Naruto fake subs have already been done by a number of groups, most recently ghetto-fansubs).

The op/ed were apparently translated with babelfish and lines in the episode were changed to try and make them 'funny'; basically, the plot line stayed intact (wasn't babelfished apparently) and words were changed in lines to make it funnier (i.e., friends became n***gas, naruto became "fish cake", with random curse words like 'wtf' and 'stfu' thrown in, along with other lame changes). There's some karaoke flying around to mimic poorly overdone effects, but all-in-all, this fake sub thing has been done before (and better) by other groups (and it wasn't even April Fools).

IMHO it's more or less a waste of time/effort; don't bother.
Yeah, umm, it wasn't trying to be a fakesub at all...

Basically it's a parody of all the speedsubbing groups out there (naruto subbers in particular) who jump on the bandwagon of popular shows to get leechers in their channels...

I guess it went over your head...

BTW, which better fakesubs are you referring to?

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 05:43   Link #12
SpikeS095
Fighting Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
Yeah, umm, it wasn't trying to be a fakesub at all...

Basically it's a parody of all the speedsubbing groups out there (naruto subbers in particular) who jump on the bandwagon of popular shows to get leechers in their channels...

I guess it went over your head...

BTW, which better fakesubs are you referring to?

-Tofu
That's what I was getting at. It was already done by Ghetto-Fansubs on episode 75 (they did the entire poor t/l/editing/timing thing, the ed credits contained some flames of speedsubbing/low quality groups, and the karaoke in the op was insaely overdone). It didn't need to be done again.

I wanna see more of the shows you guys are working on , not this :P
Old 2004-04-01, 05:44   Link #13
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I just watched it myself. Personally I thought it was quite funny. If we didn't have those Sailor Moon Live Action "partial parody" subs I'd have to remove this. Fortunately this sub is real enough (since nothing was actually changed... just translated oddly) that we can leave it on the site as a April Fool special. Especially since it is well labeled and its description is linked to this thread.

I suppose that i'll find out tomorrow if I am going to get crucified for adding this sub to the site.

Old 2004-04-01, 05:48   Link #14
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeS095
That's what I was getting at. It was already done by Ghetto-Fansubs on episode 75 (they did the entire poor t/l/editing/timing thing, the ed credits contained some flames of speedsubbing/low quality groups, and the karaoke in the op was insaely overdone). It didn't need to be done again.

I wanna see more of the shows you guys are working on , not this :P
Well since I pay zero attention to Naruto fansubbing, I really had no idea they had done this.. (In which case one makes you wonder why they didn't wait for April 1st...)

Basically it was the idea of L-E subbing Naruto that we thought would be funny since it's about as far from the shows we subtitle usually as one can get. We just released 35 episodes or something in the month of March, so consider this our little way of switching it up for once and having fun

I just wanted to see how many people we can get on the bit torrent~

-Tofu

BTW, you didn't answer my question, hehe
Old 2004-04-01, 05:52   Link #15
sosanimeboy

Send a message via AIM to sosanimeboy Send a message via MSN to sosanimeboy Send a message via Yahoo to sosanimeboy
Talking And we enter yet another L-E staff member...

Hey if you didn't notice, we've just released Chacha 01. It's a really great series. So quit whining and leech! (/msg L-E|Merle xdcc send #3 on #live-evil@irc.enterthegame.com).
Old 2004-04-01, 05:57   Link #16
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosanimeboy
Hey if you didn't notice, we've just released Chacha 01. It's a really great series. So quit whining and leech! (/msg L-E|Merle xdcc send #3 on #live-evil@irc.enterthegame.com).
:P

Lemme clarify what I have been trying to say all along.

This is more of a conceptual april fools joke, as opposed to trying to make a funny parody episode or something... Real parodies go through countless hours of script revisions and brainstorming... I just real-time translated a random episode of some show I had never seen :P

It's a spoof on Naruto speedsubbers, and an ironic play on ourselves.

Smile, don't call it a waste of effort, please ^^

I'll be the one who decides what my effort is wasted on, thank you.

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 05:58   Link #17
bLuDrGn

well hmmm, wat can i say....

ok lets start by, i only started to download like 4 min of it from irc cuz bt was slow. i started to watch it on avi preview and it felt weird at i was lookin at. but i personally thought this was a bad choice on tofu's part cuz even though you were tryin to do a parady, many naruta fanatics would not see it that way and as you can see get pissed off.

even though im a big fan of naruto i kinda got use to all these gag episodes. i was interested in seein wat l-e attempt to do and it entertained me for a lil bit then i move on by deletin the file and sit waitin on bakasan. but nice try though.
Old 2004-04-01, 06:01   Link #18
SpikeS095
Fighting Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
Smile, don't call it a waste of effort, please ^^
Heh, I was referring to the effort of downloading it since it just wasn't very funny imo..., not the effort that you put into it.

And I did answer your question :P
Old 2004-04-01, 06:02   Link #19
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLuDrGn
well hmmm, wat can i say....

ok lets start by, i only started to download like 4 min of it from irc cuz bt was slow. i started to watch it on avi preview and it felt weird at i was lookin at. but i personally thought this was a bad choice on tofu's part cuz even though you were tryin to do a parady, many naruta fanatics would not see it that way and as you can see get pissed off.

even though im a big fan of naruto i kinda got use to all these gag episodes. i was interested in seein wat l-e attempt to do and it entertained me for a lil bit then i move on by deletin the file and sit waitin on bakasan. but nice try though.
Why would I care if I piss of Naruto fans who download the first group who releases? They probably never heard of ETG until tonight, haha God forbid they come to #live-evil and get introduced to some of our projects ^^;

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 06:03   Link #20
Shenlong

Well too freaking bad for the naruto fans, I'm not going to feel sorry for them if they can't bother reading or noticing the blatant warning. If they get all bent out of shape over an April Fools joke, then they really, really need help and besides you can hardly expect quality when you download the first naruto sub that is released, they should have learned that by now

In any case, I just started watching and I think its funny as hell
Closed Thread