AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-25, 16:42   Link #161
SpikeS095
Fighting Stupidity

a.f.k. for me as well... just watching episode 4 reminds me of why; the argument scene proved to me a.f.k.'s attention to detail (i can barely hear half of the stuff they're saying, yet a.f.k. took the time to make it out and sub it... crazy!)
SpikeS095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 17:21   Link #162
SimplyEd
Claytard

Lunar or a.f.k.?

Nyahaha looks like a good place for free of charge and generally biased advertising for my fav fansub group Lunar^^

I LOVE Lunars sub, i like EVERY single Lunar fansub.....i repeat: i LOVE Lunars fansubs...please memorize these lines and repeat them in your mind for let's say...a week or so^^

Really, they are all doing a great job on such a lovely show..and to make it a bit more clear....you WANT to watch the show for its contents, not because of a certain fansub.
I personally can't understand some peoples statements concerning the animation quality. It's really serving its purpose, i didn't feel disappointed although i'm fully aware of the fact that the art quality of Maki Yoko's manga is a thousand times better than the anime's. So as long as you keep those two mediums apart it's all fine.
Speaking of Maki Yokos mangas...it's official, she's my fav shoujo manga artist for this year...and maybe for some more years in the future^^ I'm completely in love with all of her works so far...i would even say it's...an obsession
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 19:37   Link #163
bluemist
i am the mist

I'd go for a.f.k. because I trust them in doing shoujo anime just like what they did in Full Moon wo Sagashite. Of course I'm not bashing other groups or anything. In fact it's nice to know that other high quality groups (Lunar, AonE) are doing subs for the anime, and I would gladly pick another group to follow in case a.f.k. would have some problems in releasing.

Speaking of Maki Yoko's mangas as well, I'm quite surprised to discover that this author of Aishiteruze Baby is also the author of a certain manga I already read... Atashi wa Bambi! I loved Atashi wa Bambi, it was such a cute little story, though it's only about 11 chapters long.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 19:40   Link #164
boggie

anybody knows if the evil short haired girl gets a swift kick to the rear next ep?

'nuff said
boggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 19:52   Link #165
misdirected
Haremless Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd
Lunar or a.f.k.?
I personally can't understand some peoples statements concerning the animation quality. It's really serving its purpose, i didn't feel disappointed although i'm fully aware of the fact that the art quality of Maki Yoko's manga is a thousand times better than the anime's. So as long as you keep those two mediums apart it's all fine.
I'd say that my problem with the animation is that there isn't very much of it. For example, watch the first scene between Kokoro and Yuzuyu. As Yuzuyu speaks, we get shots of Kokoro's face, but it doesn't change or express any real emotion. Even when it does change, it is so minimal, that while the scene is interesting, it could have been so much stronger with more animated frames. Unchanging frames is kinda dull.

It's a testament to the character design, the direction and the story that it's still very good even though the animation and voice actor budget was obviously miniscule compared to most recent shows. I like it probably the best of all the new shows. Yet, better animation would have made it even better, adding more impact to some of the scenes.
misdirected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 21:55   Link #166
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by misdirected
I'd say that my problem with the animation is that there isn't very much of it. For example, watch the first scene between Kokoro and Yuzuyu. As Yuzuyu speaks, we get shots of Kokoro's face, but it doesn't change or express any real emotion. Even when it does change, it is so minimal, that while the scene is interesting, it could have been so much stronger with more animated frames. Unchanging frames is kinda dull.
That was on purpose I think, it's a stand stil and close up shot. Drama use that alot. When you have the character expression stand stil, even the smallest change of expression will give more impact. Like you catch a smile or see eyebrow quirk. It's all in the emotion. Welcome to shojo world. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 00:42   Link #167
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeS095
a.f.k. for me as well... just watching episode 4 reminds me of why; the argument scene proved to me a.f.k.'s attention to detail (i can barely hear half of the stuff they're saying, yet a.f.k. took the time to make it out and sub it... crazy!)
The scripts used in the anime are almost identical to the manga. It's not too difficult to figure out the conversation if you read the manga.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 01:17   Link #168
misdirected
Haremless Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
That was on purpose I think, it's a stand stil and close up shot. Drama use that alot. When you have the character expression stand stil, even the smallest change of expression will give more impact. Like you catch a smile or see eyebrow quirk. It's all in the emotion. Welcome to shojo world. ^^
I get that, (I watch Japanese live dramas, as well), but if you watch Yuzuyu in that same scene, she's just a talking head. Her eyes or focus don't change. Her face doesn't change to even slightly reflect what she's saying. A show with a better budget might have her look down or away or something as she says her mother left, and then come back when she talks about Kippei. I get that the point of the scene is Kokoro's reaction I just... I just see what a director with a bigger animation budget might've done.

Maybe it's not a bad thing though. As it is, this way the words themselves are the focus, and not so much of the character is "created" through the animation. i.e. yuzuyu isn't always "squirming" or extremely "animated" (always moving) to get through the idea that she is an exuberant kid. So she feels more like a real kid than an anime kid.

I won't say anything more about it. In the end, it's the show I look forward to getting the most each week now.
misdirected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 03:39   Link #169
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
This show is great although i must agree with some that the animation is a little bit off compared to the higher budgeted ones but i think considering that they are working on a tight budget, the anime's impact on emotions and feelings weren't as affected....

oh well... i don't think there's such thing as perfect anime anyway... but this is definitely on my to download list.... nothing much to add since i haven't gotten past the first ep yet
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 07:51   Link #170
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I showed the first episode of this series to my mother and I think she likes it. Not totally sure yet because she was kind of mixed on it, but I think she liked it overall. This would be cool if I could get her hooked on at least one series. I don't usually find too many series she actually likes, but I do find a few that she really enjoys. I hope this is one of them.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 09:34   Link #171
Secca
nya`
*Artist

It's a beautiful series. I hope your mom like this one too. ^^

I unciously start humming "sarasara ..." whenever I see the word "Ashiteruzu Baby". >_<
Old 2004-04-26, 19:07   Link #172
bluemist
i am the mist

Anyone have lyrics to the OP (Sunny Side Up) and ED (Nennensaisai) of this anime?

Sunny Side Up has quite the R&B/jpop touch and smooth flowing melody.
Nennensaisai sounds very... classical Chinese with a certain upbeat tune.

The singer Yo Hitoto seems quite popular, coz I see the name sometimes in various music charts in Japan lately...
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 19:49   Link #173
Kiro
chocolate overdose

i'm a little disapointed of the eps 3 & 4. too slow for my tastes, nothing really happened. i'll still watch the show though.

what really aggrevated me was the scene were kippei and his sister had an argument and yuzuyu went out of the house. when the brother informed kippei about yuzuyu leaving, what did kippei do? instead of actually chasing yuzuru right away he just stood there and asked "where did she go?" and shaked his brother as if he would would know and than doesn't even hurry to get after her.

i have two sisters and both have children. if i were told that they just went out of the house without supervision (they are about te same age as yuzuyu) i would rush outside and be calling/searching for them in an instant instead of just standing in the living room and debating, where they might go to.

yes, it was only a minor occurence but it really got me thinking "wtf are you doing? run out there now!"
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 20:23   Link #174
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
Anyone have lyrics to the OP (Sunny Side Up) and ED (Nennensaisai) of this anime?

Sunny Side Up has quite the R&B/jpop touch and smooth flowing melody.
Nennensaisai sounds very... classical Chinese with a certain upbeat tune.

The singer Yo Hitoto seems quite popular, coz I see the name sometimes in various music charts in Japan lately...
Both songs have on screen lyrics in the original broadcast. I'm pretty sure also that most CD singles include lyrics for the full versions.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 23:44   Link #175
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro
what really aggrevated me was the scene were kippei and his sister had an argument and yuzuyu went out of the house. when the brother informed kippei about yuzuyu leaving, what did kippei do? instead of actually chasing yuzuru right away he just stood there and asked "where did she go?" and shaked his brother as if he would would know and than doesn't even hurry to get after her.
Well, keep in mind he's new at this and doesn't know just how slippery a five year old can be Really, what worries me more is his tendency to leave her alone in public. He's done it twice, and bad things happened both times (of course, I wonder if this isn't a bit of manipulation by the author - after all, if Kippei had been there, certain plot complications never could have happened and Kokoro couldn't save the day).

Of course, it's possible Japan is just a safer place - at one time in the U.S. it was common to see prams full of babies lined up in front of a store as the parents shopped inside - unimaginable today, but nobody considered it dangerous then.

As for the abandonment issue, I got the impression Yuzuyu's mom just left her in the care of the family before taking off. Otherwise I wonder why no one in the family seemed to suspect an accident or foul-play - that would be a more normal reaction to someone in your family vanishing suddenly without a word.

Also legally, it's not abandonment if the child is left in someone's care - although that makes it a no less crummy thing to do. Though I do wonder why Kippei's family pushes Yuzuyu's care entirely off on him - that seems irresponsible as well.
PocariSweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 00:48   Link #176
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocariSweat
Though I do wonder why Kippei's family pushes Yuzuyu's care entirely off on him - that seems irresponsible as well.
It's a common practice in asian family. Where all family members has to support one another. In this case since Kippei is the one old enough and have alot of free time on his hand thus goes the responsibility to take care Yuzuyu-chan. Almost the same concept big brother's duty to take care of their younger siblings.

Also from the parents perspective is 2 problems solved, Kippei will be too busy from dating girls and making troubles, and they put Yuzuyu in a reliable hand. Except for the Oneesan, she's suspecting Kippei will do something to Yuzuyu. ^^
Old 2004-04-27, 03:07   Link #177
chamelean75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocariSweat
Well, keep in mind he's new at this and doesn't know just how slippery a five year old can be Really, what worries me more is his tendency to leave her alone in public. He's done it twice, and bad things happened both times (of course, I wonder if this isn't a bit of manipulation by the author - after all, if Kippei had been there, certain plot complications never could have happened and Kokoro couldn't save the day).

Of course, it's possible Japan is just a safer place - at one time in the U.S. it was common to see prams full of babies lined up in front of a store as the parents shopped inside - unimaginable today, but nobody considered it dangerous then.

As for the abandonment issue, I got the impression Yuzuyu's mom just left her in the care of the family before taking off. Otherwise I wonder why no one in the family seemed to suspect an accident or foul-play - that would be a more normal reaction to someone in your family vanishing suddenly without a word.

Also legally, it's not abandonment if the child is left in someone's care - although that makes it a no less crummy thing to do. Though I do wonder why Kippei's family pushes Yuzuyu's care entirely off on him - that seems irresponsible as well.
Yea, I was wondering the same thing. Can anyone comment about the safety issues in Japan dealing with just leaving children all on their own? I also have to say that getting a child to stay in one place without wandering off could be a bit difficult and seems almost quite fictional in the anime but then again, every child is different.
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 05:26   Link #178
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd
Lunar or a.f.k.?

Nyahaha looks like a good place for free of charge and generally biased advertising for my fav fansub group Lunar^^

I LOVE Lunars sub, i like EVERY single Lunar fansub.....i repeat: i LOVE Lunars fansubs...please memorize these lines and repeat them in your mind for let's say...a week or so^^
Lunar uses MS Comic Sans...

No one should use MS Comic Sans, it is evil
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 08:34   Link #179
Kiro
chocolate overdose

i live in germany and germany is not a bad place either. it's not entirely because i fear some adult kidnapping her but that in fact he/she will get into trouble otherwise. (as when she was almost run over by a car when she ran after her hat. by the way, who the the hell drove that car?!? he/she was driving way too fast, didn't brake (instead of using the horn, the driver could have hit the brakes) and didn't even stop to look if the girl's ok.) i don't think the world is that evil, that a child can't go out without being kidnapped instantly but it's jsut a reflex of protecting the children of your family. leaving them alone is a nono.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 10:59   Link #180
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamelean75
Yea, I was wondering the same thing. Can anyone comment about the safety issues in Japan dealing with just leaving children all on their own? I also have to say that getting a child to stay in one place without wandering off could be a bit difficult and seems almost quite fictional in the anime but then again, every child is different.
Lol tell me about it, I was babysitting my little cousins once they were around 5-7 years old, we were on a supermarket and they were behind me. I was just distracted looking at notes what to buy for few seconds, I turned around and they just disapeared. >_<

Tags
drama, romance