Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-28, 18:27   Link #5681
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I dunno. it just i feel need to improve my skill but at same time i am to lazy to do it and i have better thing to do.
Set aside some time, but more importantly don't force yourself to play. You don't have to get a set number of games done in a day, and not everyone can accumulate the sheer number of games Kimi, Touma, or Ute can get in a day (a lot of times, I only do 15-20 myself, and that's it). Take it slow, be patient, and hey, do like I do, research weakspots on the tanks I expect to face in matches.

And if all else fails, get support. Playing with already good players does wonders to learning, as I've found with playing in a platoon with Kimi and his amazing friend list of 55+ percent win players.
Old 2013-04-28, 19:20   Link #5682
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Set aside some time, but more importantly don't force yourself to play. You don't have to get a set number of games done in a day, and not everyone can accumulate the sheer number of games Kimi, Touma, or Ute can get in a day (a lot of times, I only do 15-20 myself, and that's it). Take it slow, be patient, and hey, do like I do, research weakspots on the tanks I expect to face in matches.

And if all else fails, get support. Playing with already good players does wonders to learning, as I've found with playing in a platoon with Kimi and his amazing friend list of 55+ percent win players.
well the problem is that I fell failing behind to you guys. in both experiences and skill >_<

Also I kinda bad if I let you down when i platoon with you guys even if i keep asking for platoon T.T

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 19:49   Link #5683
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well the problem is that I fell failing behind to you guys. in both experiences and skill >_<

Also I kinda bad if I let you down when i platoon with you guys even if i keep asking for platoon T.T
Don't think of it as a competition either. For a lot of us (who aren't named Touma or Knackwurst), it's a gradual process (looks at win rate now compared to how it was three months ago). Getting in wins is fine, but learning after a loss is good as well. Don't let it get to you.

Hmm, you're using US tanks right? By this point you should know their strengths and weaknesses, so exploit them! There's a very good reason why my core tier 5 is the M4 Sherman, ahaha...
Old 2013-04-28, 20:12   Link #5684
Gravitas Free Zone

Even with me it was gradual... it took four thousand games to move my win rate up a little under three percentage points.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:18   Link #5685
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Meh it all a gamble in the end. To tell ya the truth I'm loosing interest. The only reason I'm still play would be the amount of money i spent on it. LOL i'm such a bad gamer.
Old 2013-04-28, 20:21   Link #5686
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Hmm, you're using US tanks right? By this point you should know their strengths and weaknesses, so exploit them! There's a very good reason why my core tier 5 is the M4 Sherman, ahaha...
I am playing US TD and French Light. planning to get TX on perspective line

I also planning to have Pz 4 just for derp party :P

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:44   Link #5687
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Gold-spamming, armor-trolling one's way to Mastery Badge:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Karelia Assault map, we are defenders -- good for my slow arse tank.

I fought in the north and, with the help of hulldown and my hilarious armor, spammed enough penetrating shots at the assortment of enemy heavies to win the fight, with me and the T32 surviving intact. In the meantime, our southern forces experienced defeat and the enemy advanced on the flag. Their GWPanther took down our central team defenders, with only the Ferdinand surviving near the cap. On my way back I was one of the victims of the GWPanther which took out much of my health. All seemed lost...

But I took cover in time. I was wounded, Ferdie was wounded. The T32 took up sniping position from the north. It was us against about 7 enemies, but I figured if me and the Ferdie held on long enough, the enemy would have no time to cap and all the T32 had to do was survive.

It turned out that we didn't even have to do that. Ferdie put up MVP performance, fighting hard and ammo-racking a dangerous Indien-Panzer, spamming out ridiculous damage. I supported him from another rock and took a whole load of ineffectual sniping shots against my amazing frontal armor. They came at us one by one so Ferdie, me, and T32 were able to deliver enough alpha damage to neutralize even the strongest attackers.

In the end, time ran out, the enemy Lowe died at the very last second, and we stood firm against the horde. Even if there was more time, we could have won by then, since the FCM was one shot from death and we were hungry for arty blood...

For the defensive performance, I got myself a bunch of medals including the elusive Big M. The best part? It's an x3 match.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:51   Link #5688
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Just trying to get my daily doubles has been extremely frustrating lately, with me netting 33% win rates for some days. Maybe I should focus on training a couple of dedicated tanks that I'm already decent at instead of trying to rack up free XP on my premiums every day.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 21:11   Link #5689
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I'll say this now, you won't have much fun on the E4, so if your expecting something good from a tier x td better prepare for long reload times and aim times and large expensive bills. I'm usually losing money on my tier xs.
Old 2013-04-28, 21:15   Link #5690
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Uhm, I think it's a given that you come out with a loss credit-wise after tier 8, unless you perform really REALLY good (like doing more than 4k damage and winning a match on top of it). It's the main reason why many people who own end-tier units go back to lower tiers, so that they can recoup costs.
Old 2013-04-28, 21:35   Link #5691
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

finally reached 54% win rate, yesterday turned out to be the most successful day ever, net 40 wins.

Old 2013-04-28, 22:19   Link #5692
Gravitas Free Zone

Just kind of an average game with the PzV/M10.

Mmm... money.
Old 2013-04-28, 23:18   Link #5693
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I like how it displays how many heavies/mediums/TDs/etc are in the game for each team. Tells me either or not to play offensively or defensively depending on what we have.
Old 2013-04-28, 23:42   Link #5694
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
So much red

The little counter on the top is kinda nice but I don't pay attention to it much. It doesn't tell me more than what pressing tab does for me >_<;;

I tend to spam tab and then sometimes I press alt to get detailed info and end up alt-tabbing XD:;;
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 00:08   Link #5695
Gravitas Free Zone

Wow, it took me 263 games in my T-15 to actually get a kill on another T-15.

So, the result of the weekend carnage is that my win rate is that I hit a peak on Saturday and today just kinda flopped around, ending up at the same percentage where it started. Efficiency did perk up a bit today, though.

This week's NA tech tree focus is on the Soviets. Expect to see the universe's most common Tier 6 heavy all over the place again, sigh...

Since the tech focus was not on arty, I went ahead and bought the S-51 anyway, so it is there.
Old 2013-04-29, 00:20   Link #5696
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Expect to see the universe's most common Tier 6 heavy all over the place again, sigh...
Country focuses only influence the credit price for buying though, and I don't think it's going to increase the chance of running into more KV-1Ss than we already do.

Speaking of KV-1Ss, I had a laugh when Kimi commented on how they were broken when it was he who was using a Cromwell in our 14-game run yesterday. This was during a game in Westfield I think, where I had to run back to the base to stop a cap from where I was on the east in the city, while in the middle of a brawl with other KV-1Ss.

Which I did, by blowing up the Type 34 and the Easy 8 trying to cap (with help from the a very damaged wolverine that had to make a run for it before I got to our flag). For some odd reason, neither the Type nor the Sherman seemed to be aiming for the very VERY obvious weak points in my front, but eh their loss for not doing so, as I knew exactly where to aim on THEIR tanks.
Old 2013-04-29, 00:23   Link #5697
LeoXiao
思想工作

I noticed that my alt account has an amx12t on it, which in turn can research the tier 6 French arty, so I think I'll be getting that sometime later this year for the sake of MUP's indirect forces.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 01:16   Link #5698
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
So much red

The little counter on the top is kinda nice but I don't pay attention to it much. It doesn't tell me more than what pressing tab does for me >_<;;

I tend to spam tab and then sometimes I press alt to get detailed info and end up alt-tabbing XD:;;
have fun platoon with you today Mow. \o/

hope to see you on tomorrow.
Old 2013-04-29, 01:32   Link #5699
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
This week's NA tech tree focus is on the Soviets. Expect to see the universe's most common Tier 6 heavy all over the place again, sigh...
I was planning to go up the IS tree eventually, and I do already have the KV-1S researched. Guess the plan for the day is finally spend that password event gold on a 24-hour premium, then grind as much credits as possible so I can comfortably get the tank.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 01:35   Link #5700
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I have a question people, on the Tier 5 prems, which is the one who can make most money with?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks