AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-05, 13:24   Link #1
Redlite

Ugly karaokes...! Or Distasteful...? what's your opinion?

Someone sent me this link on msn.
http://www.trankten.com/fma.html
Im horrified, that the FMA karaokes seems to get worse and worse all the time.
So what is the opinion of the general public.

Thanks for your time.
Redlite
Old 2004-04-05, 13:29   Link #2
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

well, i have to admit i dont like the fading thing, but it doesnt take up as much space as other karaoke things, so i dont think it's that bad
Old 2004-04-05, 13:32   Link #3
Redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji
well, i have to admit i dont like the fading thing, but it doesnt take up as much space as other karaoke things, so i dont think it's that bad
Colors, fade and font choice.
Whats the point of a karaoke if your going to fade it away.
Isen't the point to be able to sing with the song ?

Thanks for your time.
Redlite
Old 2004-04-05, 13:41   Link #4
SpikeS095
Fighting Stupidity

I'm not surprised. That's a typical Trankten A-Keep karaoke. Complaining about it won't make it any more readable.

Just have to learn to live with it since all the complaints up till now haven't made him stop.
Old 2004-04-05, 13:44   Link #5
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

hmm, thought i'd ask this in here because i've been wondering, was the big grey "READY STEADY, etc.." thing on the original OP or was it added on by Akeep?
because that was the ugliest thing i have ever seen
Old 2004-04-05, 13:47   Link #6
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!

Looks repulsive -- after effects is the worst thing to happen to subtitled anime since overlays. Err I guess that's not applicable since people use AFX to do overlays now. :|
Old 2004-04-05, 13:59   Link #7
Redlite

Quote:
hmm, thought i'd ask this in here because i've been wondering, was the big grey "READY STEADY, etc.." thing on the original OP or was it added on by Akeep?

Well its not in the raws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meier
Looks repulsive -- after effects is the worst thing to happen to subtitled anime since overlays. Err I guess that's not applicable since people use AFX to do overlays now. :|
And this is not AFX.

Waves
Redlite
Old 2004-04-05, 14:09   Link #8
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!

Even if it isnt, the point remains the same.
Old 2004-04-05, 14:24   Link #9
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
hmm thoes sfx look nice to me. beh people whining about karaoke on free fansubs... kinda silly if most of you only knew how evil SSA is you wouldnt cry so much. BTW Tranky is ANBU
Old 2004-04-05, 14:37   Link #10
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCR512
hmm thoes sfx look nice to me. beh people whining about karaoke on free fansubs... kinda silly if most of you only knew how evil SSA is you wouldnt cry so much. BTW Tranky is ANBU

Well he prolly wanted people to complain if he put it up on his own page and give him comments atleast

Last edited by Sakaki-; 2004-04-05 at 14:38. Reason: Cause i suck at typing correct :O
Old 2004-04-05, 14:47   Link #11
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

True, but this thread sure isnt giving the "ideas" needed to fix. Like I said earlier the karaoke sfx look fine to me, you are still able to see each character/sound sfxed and besides... the English translation to the song (you know the Important part) doesnt have such sfx and remains static.. allowing the viewer to read it. So that being said... I could care less if there were kanji falling from the sky and turning into romanji, aslong as the viewer is able to see the english then I dont think there is much room to complain, unless someone here would like to suggest an appoporate effect.
Old 2004-04-05, 14:56   Link #12
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
if you don't like it, don't watch it. it's not that hard. ^_^
Old 2004-04-05, 14:58   Link #13
Chibi_Matt

STFU you ungreatful bastards.
thanksokbye.
Old 2004-04-05, 15:01   Link #14
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

hahahaahaha

Nuff said
Old 2004-04-05, 16:22   Link #15
Iron Monkey

What's the big freaking deal. I've yet to understand why people complain about the dumbest things. What, you want to sing along to the opening song, so you whine about how you can't do it now because of some kind of fading effect? Man, you'd think there'd be better things to get worked over than this.
Old 2004-04-05, 17:14   Link #16
DekaMaster
Banned

Anyone complaining in this thread makes me sick. If you are so upset by it it's simple DO NOT DOWNLOAD. And for the guy that started the thread trying getting some fresh air once in while maybe getting outside will help your problem.
Old 2004-04-05, 17:16   Link #17
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
You are complaining about effects looking ugly?
Old 2004-04-05, 17:32   Link #18
Ayanami9870
ANBU Editor/QC
*Fansubber

I'll just say that I'm getting AF-F's version (Now passed over to Sonchou) because the color, karaoke, and font usage is much better. Undoubtedly, I'm grateful that such a wonderful series in FMA sponsered by Square/Enix is being fansubbed and promoted to everybody outside of Japan. It's just that I don't like AKeep's new works anymore after they finished Scrapped Princess, so the most sensible action is to get the alternative one, and I like my decision very much.

If Akeep becomes good again, maybe I'll consider some of their new projects. If their new staff realigns its ambitions and starts improving, then I'll check back on them some other time.
Old 2004-04-05, 17:51   Link #19
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Ugly karaokes? . Like someone else said here in earlier posts if you don’t like it then don’t watch it, simple isn't it. There are lots of other FMA versions out there besides Akeeps version whats the problem? This thread was really pointless to begin with and in the wrong forum. Should be either in fansub groups or maybe general anime. Thread closed.