AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-06-13, 16:48   Link #1861
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
What's wrong with Negi ending up with Nodoka? Those two are so cute together.
An unconventional ending would just be more interesting, that's all...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 16:51   Link #1862
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Spoiler for Ch 216:

Rooting for:
Negi x Nodoka or Negi x Anya (I like Ayaka x Negi too, but it's too unrealistic). But,
A
Sister
Is
Fine
Too.
('Cause Chao x Negi, is not going to happen ;_; )
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 17:06   Link #1863
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

A Harem (ending) is fine too.
I could see well Negi having kids with all of the girls.
and thus breeding his own little army of Magician.
And that'd almost explain Chao's past .
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 21:32   Link #1864
Eastern_Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
An unconventional ending would just be more interesting, that's all...
Since Negima is a fantasy-action genre, an unconventional pairing won't matter much. I'm rooting for NegiXAsuna so much, but who cares if he went up with another gurl? How about when badass Fate boss is actually someone related to few of Ala Rubra's member/s? Now, that's when the story becomes exciting!
Eastern_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 22:11   Link #1865
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I don't know about you guys, but personally I feel a little uncomfortable with where Negima's heading.

I dropped the series during the school festival (when Chao did her stuff). I'm still interested in the characters and the overall concept, but as compared to LH (which I still adore), somehow, I feel that Akamatsu is making a fool (as well as a lot of money) out of us. (I still have the first 10+ volumes with me.)
Old 2008-06-13, 22:23   Link #1866
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I don't know about you guys, but personally I feel a little uncomfortable with where Negima's heading.

I dropped the series during the school festival (when Chao did her stuff). I'm still interested in the characters and the overall concept, but as compared to LH (which I still adore), somehow, I feel that Akamatsu is making a fool (as well as a lot of money) out of us. (I still have the first 10+ volumes with me.)
How so? He has us devouring this series chapter by chapter, translated or not. I think he's doing his job.
Old 2008-06-13, 22:32   Link #1867
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
How so? He has us devouring this series chapter by chapter, translated or not. I think he's doing his job.
That certainly doesn't apply to me. Heck, I can't even bring myself to read my buddy's copies of the English translation.

Maybe, it's because I didn't expect the series to become so "Shounen Jump" like.
Old 2008-06-13, 22:32   Link #1868
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
I feel that Akamatsu is making a fool (as well as a lot of money) out of us. (I still have the first 10+ volumes with me.)
In what way? I'm really enjoying my read of Negima. Its probably my favorite manga. I like every character and mostly every element of the story so far. It seems perfectly crafted to me.

It all pertains to taste and you just may not like this series, however many many others do. So I don't quite understand what you mean by "making fools out of us".
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 22:36   Link #1869
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Like I mentioned before, I enjoyed the beginning of the series. But now, at where we are, with the expanded world view and all, I don't know.

Also, as I visited ailove.net, I was struck by the LH images at the main page. Surely, it wouldn't be that difficult to change the display pics to Negma ones?

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-06-13 at 22:46.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 01:09   Link #1870
The Real Nemo

Quote:
That certainly doesn't apply to me. Heck, I can't even bring myself to read my buddy's copies of the English translation.

Maybe, it's because I didn't expect the series to become so "Shounen Jump" like.
So you're saying you dislike the increased action aspects of the story?
The Real Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 01:27   Link #1871
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:

Ah, somebody actually shares the same feelings I do. I too have reservations aboot how this is going down. I felt it sorta stagnated right around the end of the Namek festival, and it seems with the new turn of events...
Spoiler:

But, I am the sort that dislikes things unfinished, so I'll stick around - ya never know, might get interesting (the Asuna thing). I'm still anticipating the return of Chao, perhaps sporting a similar futuristic look like the Doc from Back to the Future 2 (them giant shades). Oh, and Zazie.

The backpedaling and grindan aside, the jRPG style adventuran is not so bad. We also have Negi reinventing himself (lol, Rydia) - an aspect important for one's journey, I am aware.

Off to the image thread I go.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 07:01   Link #1872
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Nemo View Post
So you're saying you dislike the increased action aspects of the story?
I guess for now, manga "action" means that someone must die or lose a limb or two. I blame Claymore for this.
Old 2008-06-14, 09:13   Link #1873
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Negi did kinda lose a limb for a while.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 11:36   Link #1874
Eastern_Mage

The story may appear a bit too long, but once the reader grasps the story, he'll understand every arc of the story. A little understanding will do the trick. It's a novel, anyways.

But no manga will beat Love Hina, though. Love it more!
Old 2008-06-14, 18:21   Link #1875
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Love Hina, in far less time than Negima has run, managed to become much, much, MUCH more repetitive and stale than Negima ever has been (oh look! Keitaro is brutalized... YET AGAIN! Har har har! Ain't funny... Uhhh, no, pass).

Really, other than Mutsumi, whom I really adore, and Motoko at some times... I never warmed up to Love Hina as much as I have with Negima.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 18:38   Link #1876
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Love Hina, in far less time than Negima has run, managed to become much, much, MUCH more repetitive and stale than Negima ever has been (oh look! Keitaro is brutalized... YET AGAIN! Har har har! Ain't funny... Uhhh, no, pass).

Really, other than Mutsumi, whom I really adore, and Motoko at some times... I never warmed up to Love Hina as much as I have with Negima.
If you read Love Hina for that, I think you're barking up the wrong tree. It's like reading Negima for Negi blowing up girls' skirts with his sneeze.

Looking back, I can't really put a finger as to why I liked the series so much. Maybe, it's how the various personalities of the ladies warm up to you.

1) How Naru (and Motoko) went from rivals to admiring him (in different ways. Motoko and her mind theatres )

2) Su and Shinobu: the irrelevant bundle of energy + shy caring girl. Odd mix, but it works.

3) Kitsune's non-chalance and Kanako's change were something as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern_Mage View Post
The story may appear a bit too long, but once the reader grasps the story, he'll understand every arc of the story. A little understanding will do the trick. It's a novel, anyways.

But no manga will beat Love Hina, though. Love it more!
Oh, I understand the plot alright. It's just that I don't really agree with where it's going. Maybe, it's my lack of love for RPGs...

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-06-26 at 19:32.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 22:21   Link #1877
Eastern_Mage

^ What part, specifically?
Old 2008-06-14, 22:47   Link #1878
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I thought that the school festival was a tad long. The mystery behind Asuna was quite ok, but Fate being revealed as more than the "monster of the day" was a bit jarring.
Old 2008-06-15, 16:23   Link #1879
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Fate is to cool to be a "villian of the week" such as Count Willhem was ... i'd like some more tips thrown around about who he really is, (though i'm fully aware that that might ruin some fun of his character)

In my opinion fate is the most interesting of the 'true' villians (eva aren't a villian even though she might say otherwise)
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 19:10   Link #1880
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

On that note, I hope Ishida Akira returns to do his voice again. It's perfect for an andro-looking thing like Fate.

Tags
action, fantasy