Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-14, 23:30   Link #1
Lost World
Banned

Naruto a hard-working genius? [Merged: 1]

Just a thought...

So far we know that there are genius types and hardworking types in the world of Naruto. Genius-types like Sasuke and Neji have natural talent and ability, so they have to work less than other ninjas.

Then there are hard-working types like Lee. These people have a distinct disadvatage of having no real natural talents. So people like Lee have to work hard to get ahead.

...And then there's Naruto. After some thought, I believe that he would be a special-case...a hard-working genius type.

Now, as we all know, Naruto had the Kyuubi sealed inside of him when he was young. It's been commented on multiple times during the course of the series that the Kyuubi chakra, even though it gives him almost limitless stamina and energy, messes up his normal chakra control and makes it especially hard for him to mold and control Chakra.

Why then, has he excelled as a Ninja?

Well, Lee saw Naruto as a hard-worker, but that's not the whole story. Naruto was able to learn Kage-Bunshin no Jutsu, a jounin level technique, in ONE night. This is more than hard-work. Naruto has also proven time and time again that he is a clever fighter when he puts his mind to it, and has the ability to surprise natural geniuses like Sasuke and Neji, who had never really been challenged by anyone. Hell, even Sasuke almost got Kakashi's bells.

Lee's story has proven that hard-work alone gets you nowhere in the world of Naruto, while Sasuke and Neji (the prodigy of their respective clans and natural geniuses) are currently behind him in power. This proves that genius alone gets you only so far, as well.

Naruto has the best of both worlds, which enables him to excel. He is a hard-working genius.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 23:33   Link #2
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

More genius type questions?
Technovia_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 23:35   Link #3
Kaoru27Umi
Jounin

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru27Umi
wow you analyzed that one pretty good i'd say! that's true he does have the best of both worlds, he's just a little lazy, but that's okay, everyone is lazy... adn he's addicted to ramen, which isn't so good for the body

yeah really good point there, that's why the series is called Naruto, you watch him work, and excel in both worlds!

~~~>Kaoru
Kaoru27Umi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 23:36   Link #4
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technovia_EX
More genius type questions?
Read the thread before you post, or don't post at all. This isn't a question. It's a hypothesis.

At least try to add something productive once in awhile.
Old 2004-04-14, 23:40   Link #5
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
Read the thread before you post, or don't post at all. This isn't a question. It's a hypothesis.

At least try to add something productive once in awhile.
Why did you think I didn't read it? I did, but there are so many of these type of threads with their own hypotheses. Don't judge me based on my reply. It was productive in showing how you could've searched for this.
Old 2004-04-14, 23:44   Link #6
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technovia_EX
Why did you think I didn't read it? I did, but there are so many of these type of threads with their own hypotheses. Don't judge me based on my reply. It was productive in showing how you could've searched for this.
Nevermind, just don't reply anymore and don't try to play fake mod. There are NO threads about this specific question.

So yeah, Ignoring now.

Now, what do others think?
Old 2004-04-14, 23:45   Link #7
DuckBlue

Send a message via AIM to DuckBlue
Good thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
Just a thought...

So far we know that there are genius types and hardworking types in the world of Naruto. Genius-types like Sasuke and Neji have natural talent and ability, so they have to work less than other ninjas.
I disagree with this segment here. I think being a "genius" or having a genius ability means that you would have to work hard. If not to refine it, but attempt to make it impenetrable. For example...even though Neji was winning momentarily against Naruto he was still defeated. People can rely on one style or method too much.

I also feel that Genius-types train as hard as anyone for that matter in Sasuke's case. After he learned his ability, even though he was able to copy Lee's Shadow Dance(?), still needed training from Kakashi to refine the speed that Lee used.

I do agree with your overall idea, although i also think that alot of Naruto's wins should be credited to his intellect or ability in diverse thinking.

The term "Sly as a Fox" comes to mind...

Intriguing idea though!!!

Duck
DuckBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 23:47   Link #8
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
naruto's a hardworking idiot.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 23:52   Link #9
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
Haha, that got a good chuckle out of me...

And BTW, I never want to be a MOD, so why would I fake it? I'm just sick of repeating topics (genius type questions).

And in my opinion, anyone can be a genius. Depends what your definition of a genius is and how far it can be applied.
Old 2004-04-15, 01:05   Link #10
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
I read your post- I still find it very simular to the " What type was the fourth" thread, in that thread- there was a disccusion about hard working genious and other types of genious
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 01:25   Link #11
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

The Topic has been used before. I don't mind though it differs a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI

Maybe but right now that idiot could kick that Sisy-gay's ass anytime. ^___________^
Old 2004-04-15, 01:33   Link #12
magicalspin

I remember Kakashi mentioning that Rock Lee was a genius when he started to open the gates. So is Rock Lee a genius or not?
magicalspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 01:41   Link #13
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
The Topic has been used before. I don't mind though it differs a bit.

Maybe but right now that idiot could kick that Sisy-gay's ass anytime. ^___________^
naruto can beat whoever he wants with his best friend kyuubi.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 01:59   Link #14
MasafumiGotoh

Genius has many different definitions. I am sure every culture, backround , country has that too. It depends on how one defines genius. Its also how one interprets a genius. Most people would think they are smart and stuff and they are truly the genius for "knowledge." But thats not the case

Like my sister shes smart. Gets better grades than me. Just got no common sense. Screws her life up. Me on the otherhand, I am not dumb nor am a genius. I also have common sense. Its just i am too lazy to do something that doesnt interest me.

Quote:
I agree with this statement. Stupid but he tries. If hes in a tight situation he actually uses his brains. But somehow one way or another he gets out of a situation. Lucky basterd.

If I meet one of these people I'd tell em to buy me a lottery ticket.
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 02:08   Link #15
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckBlue
I also feel that Genius-types train as hard as anyone for that matter in Sasuke's case. After he learned his ability, even though he was able to copy Lee's Shadow Dance(?), still needed training from Kakashi to refine the speed that Lee used.
You're clearly wrong. Sasuke got Rock Lee's speed in a MONTH. Rock Lee worked his entire life to gain that speed, Sasuke got it in a single month AND learned the Chidori. Geniuses don't work harder than the hard-workers because they have natural talent. It's a fact.
Old 2004-04-15, 02:24   Link #16
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sasuke
You're clearly wrong. Sasuke got Rock Lee's speed in a MONTH. Rock Lee worked his entire life to gain that speed, Sasuke got it in a single month AND learned the Chidori. Geniuses don't work harder than the hard-workers because they have natural talent. It's a fact.
Huh? Sasuke learned Rock's speed not because he was a genius, but because of the Sharingan, and second even Kakashi said that it was a lot of work to try and perfect it.

What about Neji, the guy is constantly training, from what weve seen. So much so that he was able to learn the kaiten on his own.

And what of Sasuke during the tree-climbing excercise; he was shown working just as hard as Naruto to accomplish it.

I think the only person who's considered a genius yet doesnt work hard is Shikamaru...
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 02:33   Link #17
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

Quote:
Huh? Sasuke learned Rock's speed not because he was a genius, but because of the Sharingan, and second even Kakashi said that it was a lot of work to try and perfect it.
learning speed with a sharingan

you are forgetting that lee can't use chakra nor jutsu's. sasuke can
and opening gates, as far as i know that HAS to be hard, and it has connections with chakra right?

but stil, sasuke was quite fast from himself, so that has added even more to his speed, and sasuke is lucky cuz he can speed up the rate of training for himself, but DONT forget naruto with his skills!!!

and maybe he is a idiot, but say that when you fight him
UchihaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 02:44   Link #18
Zodiac
Anger against the PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalspin
I remember Kakashi mentioning that Rock Lee was a genius when he started to open the gates. So is Rock Lee a genius or not?
Well, Kakashi said that it takes more than hard work alone to open the gates. He might have a touch of genius then...
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 02:47   Link #19
kakashilion
has big feet

The only true genius who hasn't just inherited special powers and dosnt need to really train them all the time is Shikamuru with his thinking. I know its not exactly a jutsu but its what makes him extremely clever in that area. As far as we know Shikamuru didnt inherit these skills from his father.
kakashilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 02:51   Link #20
kakashilion
has big feet

i think every one is a genius and hard worker except maybe chouji, ino and sakura who either dont do anything special, eat when they should be training and use
Spoiler:

I think lee is easily the hardest worker then naruto and then im not sure. The best genius is blatantly shikamuru without a doubt. None of all this inherited crap (i think...)
kakashilion is offline   Reply With Quote