AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-27, 03:24   Link #13281
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Syria violence: US warns citizens to leave

This is an interesting line i read from a Deraa resident.
"Let Obama come and take Syria, let Israel come and take Syria, let the Jews come - anything is better than Bashar Assad."
So now they want Israel to conquer them ?
Old 2011-04-27, 03:27   Link #13282
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Israel won't do a thing, it wouldn't be wise from them.

Are the syrian's arm depots better garded than the ( pre-rebelion ) libyan one ?
Old 2011-04-27, 03:34   Link #13283
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Israel won't do a thing, it wouldn't be wise from them.

Are the syrian's arm depots better garded than the ( pre-rebelion ) libyan one ?
better guarded.
Syria's army is a loyal dog to its master, unfortunately.

Still, i'm just dumbstruck by that comment.
when did hell freeze over.

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2011-04-27 at 04:04.
Old 2011-04-27, 09:38   Link #13284
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Obama releases long-form birth certificate

Now that this issue will be put to rest, the next issues will be his academic records and religion!
Old 2011-04-27, 09:40   Link #13285
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Speaking of hell freezing over.....

The White House releases "Long Form" Birth Certificate for President Obama.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42779923...ouse?GT1=43001

Will this end that debate? And I wonder how hard it was to legally get that form out of the hand of the State of Hawaii, since their law states that they will not release copies of state forms (hense the "short form" which anyone from that state will get if they ask for a birth certificate)?
Old 2011-04-27, 10:36   Link #13286
GundamFan0083

Am I the only person who views the whole "birther" thing as a circus sideshow?

I'm more concerned about police brutalizing woman.
Like this off duty cop did to a woman in an IHOP.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/atto...ve-926236.html

Or how the violence in the Middle East is getting out of hand, such as with an Egyptian gas pipline to Israel being blown up by an armed gang in northern Sinai.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13204754

I realize that asshat Donald Trump is making a big stink about Obama's "birth certificate", now "The Donald" wants Obama's college records, but really, is this what the 2012 election is going to look like.

Republicans like Trump demanding Obama's college records like an idiot.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...e_records.html

And nimrods over at PBS saying that this election will be "the most racist in history."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...tion_ever.html

I hope the rest of the world is ready to take care of themselves because the US has officially gone insane.
Old 2011-04-27, 11:05   Link #13287
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Speaking of hell freezing over.....

The White House releases "Long Form" Birth Certificate for President Obama.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42779923...ouse?GT1=43001

Will this end that debate? And I wonder how hard it was to legally get that form out of the hand of the State of Hawaii, since their law states that they will not release copies of state forms (hense the "short form" which anyone from that state will get if they ask for a birth certificate)?
I found this at the end of the article hilarious.

Quote:
The president's personal counsel, Judith Corley, traveled to Hawaii to pick up the documents and carried them back to Washington on a plane. The documents arrived at the White House around 5 p.m. Tuesday.
I don't see why some Hawaiian official can't just scan the document and post it on their webpage.
Old 2011-04-27, 11:15   Link #13288
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post

I'm more concerned about police brutalizing woman.
Like this off duty cop did to a woman in an IHOP.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/atto...ve-926236.html
Funny, I thought the woman got what she deserved.
Old 2011-04-27, 11:16   Link #13289
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

State laws are state laws and are protected under the Tenth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Old 2011-04-27, 11:41   Link #13290
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Funny, I thought the woman got what she deserved.

Uh...okay, but I certainly disagree.
Old 2011-04-27, 11:48   Link #13291
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:

Uh...okay, but I certainly disagree.
She needs to learn that when something is going on that involves an officer, you keep your hands OFF of him during that situation. The second she grabbed his uniform, all bets were off.
Old 2011-04-27, 11:50   Link #13292
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Obama releases long-form birth certificate

Now that this issue will be put to rest, the next issues will be his academic records and religion!

that's old news

trump is now calling for him to release his college records
Old 2011-04-27, 12:02   Link #13293
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Singapore to see most contested election in 43 years
Quote:
Singapore (April 27, Wed): The battle lines were drawn today on Nomination Day and most Singaporeans will get to vote on Polling Day next Saturday (May 7).

Candidates from six opposition parties will take on the ruling People's Action Party (PAP) for 82 of 87 seats in 26 of 27 districts, the Singapore Elections Department said. This means 2,211,102 out of 2,350,873 eligible voters will get to cast their votes at the polls.

The number of seats contested in this election is a record high. Dr Alan Chong, associate professor at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, called it a "historic day", adding that "this is the first time that more than three quarters of the seats have been contested on Nomination Day since 1968".

Only a slate of five PAP candidates led by former prime minister Lee Kuan Yew in the Tanjong Pagar district will run unopposed. Mr Lee's son, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, faces his second election since becoming leader in 2004.

The PAP has dominated Singapore politics for more than five decades, but opposition leaders hope to exploit voter discontent over soaring housing prices, a surge in foreign workers and rising income inequality.

The PAP first came to power in 1959 under limited self-rule as a British colony. Singapore joined a federation with Malaysia in 1963 before breaking away for full independence in 1965. Opposition candidates contested 47 of 84 seats in the previous election in 2006 and the PAP won 82 of them.

In some earlier elections, the PAP won a majority before the vote even took place because the opposition didn't contest most of the seats.

With all but one constituency being contested this year, political analyst Derek da Cunha said: "We will now finally know the real level of support the PAP Government enjoys, that is, in terms of the popular vote.

"It is the only opinion poll that matters, and it will have an impact on the direction of government policy, irrespective of how many seats the opposition parties win."

AP, MY PAPER
Old 2011-04-27, 12:49   Link #13294
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Boeing profit tops expectations and reaffirms outlook
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...73Q33820110427
Old 2011-04-27, 13:48   Link #13295
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
No.... but its "bread and circuses" diversion for the rather large 'tin foil hat' population we have in the US. Some of my family in Texas were "birthers" at first... I shut them up by suggesting they try to get their "official" marriage certificate from the state of Texas. Guess what... nothing exists except for one line in a public database text file. Then I accused them all of faking their marriage because they couldn't produce a certificate.
I'm not sure some of them are clear on the notion that Hawaii is a state with one of the 50 stars on the flag (statehood in 1959).

Quote:
I hope the rest of the world is ready to take care of themselves because the US has officially gone insane.
I don't set a particular date for the insanity but its been building in a chaotic flurry to a tipping point, like watching non-linear equation system outputs go ballistic out of a steady equilibrium.

Heinlein's Future History series (written in the mid-20th century) predicted this to some extent calling this era the "Crazy Years"... of course, in his future history, the US fell into a fundamentalist religious dictatorship for a century after it. Can't utterly deny that possible scenario ...

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-04-27 at 14:56.
Old 2011-04-27, 14:50   Link #13296
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Of course it bring up an interesting question: What would happen if the President was found to not be a native born citizen at this point in time. What could or would be done and how would it effect the nation? Either nothing, or total chaos with a weird media circus and a total stop of the Execitive Office (well maybe not total, but it would be a question on if the President would be forced to step down and the Vice President takes over). Would it be classidied as lying, or would the lie by on the part of his parents, because my parents could tell me I was born someplace and I would have no reason to not believe them, nor could I remember my own birth (I cannot remember anything clearly from before I was three years old).

I doubt there is even a procedure for that to happen as there is no precident to my knowledge.
Old 2011-04-27, 15:39   Link #13297
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

UN Security Council Fails to Agree on Syria Condemnation
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/new...27-to_12950723

good to know that after hundreds of civilian deaths, the UNSC isn't even able to agree on a condemnation.

Um-Shmum.
Old 2011-04-27, 16:04   Link #13298
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
UN Security Council Fails to Agree on Syria Condemnation
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/new...27-to_12950723

good to know that after hundreds of civilian deaths, the UNSC isn't even able to agree on a condemnation.

Um-Shmum.
The usuals resolution blockers again...
Old 2011-04-27, 16:11   Link #13299
flying ^

the post-birther movement....

"NOW RELEASE YOUR COLLEGE RECORDS"

Quote:
"I'd like to know how does he get into Harvard, how does he get into Colombia if he isn't a very good student,"
Quote:
"If he wants to release it that's fine, if he doesn't want to release it that's fine too. But the word is he wasn't a very good student,"
Old 2011-04-27, 16:16   Link #13300
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
This birther thing is an issue of retards and very likely - racists. Always has been.

I remember watching McCain's speech when he conceded the 2008 election. The audience there have been very very vicious about McCain losing. From the get-go, it was an outright harsh rejection of Obama as President. So, they have been begrudging ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro
Of course it bring up an interesting question: What would happen if the President was found to not be a native born citizen at this point in time. What could or would be done and how would it effect the nation?
He would be either removed or end up resigning as President. Then, he may be viewed as the Democratic comparison to Richard Nixon (only in terms of resignation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I'm not sure some of them are clear on the notion that Hawaii is a state with one of the 50 stars on the flag (statehood in 1959).
Well, many many Americans are known to be geographically challenged and could possibly forget about Hawaii.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international