Notices

Old 2011-09-07, 13:53   Link #361
Solafighter
Hige

Mushishi-----
Old 2011-09-08, 04:07   Link #362
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Lezarion, seen it on TV when I was still in grade school and haven't seen it again since then.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 22:08   Link #363
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yume Tsukai

I hear it only broadcasted on ONE channel.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 18:22   Link #364
Emerald_osiris

SUIKODEN DEMON CENTURY
i found this anime at a rental store once a while back and it's very hard to find if you don't remember the name of it luckily i did manage to find it again
Emerald_osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 18:54   Link #365
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
X TV series based on CLAMP's X manga. I don't know what happened but I found only a small number of people that know about this awesome work. Maybe it's the name, because when people hear just the phrase ''X'', it doesn't sound appealing. It had great characters and SUPERB OST that I listen even today.
X (TV) is a wonderful anime. I'm thinking we don't see it discussed much because it's older, and because people who pick up the movie first won't be tempted to pick up the TV-series afterwards (it's as terrible as the series is good).

Similarly, not many talk about Silent Möbius, the TV-series. Maybe I'm just nostalgic, though. It's probably nothing special, but it's the first subbed anime I've seen, and I was awed by what a diffference that makes.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 05:48   Link #366
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The most rare anime I've seen was Sengoku Paradise -Kiwami-. I've only watched the first three episodes, but it sound pretty decent. However, no one have watched this "generic" Sengoku reverse harem setting.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 08:31   Link #367
METHOD_REPLEKIA/.
Mio no Miko

The Ar Tonelico OVA. It was basically just a game promotion, but everyone I talk to about it hasn't seen it. O.o
Maybe I'm just too much of a Tonelitard
METHOD_REPLEKIA/. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 21:10   Link #368
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

mushishi is NOT rare. it's on hulu for god's sakes.
Old 2012-01-21, 21:16   Link #369
Kirarakim

Anne no Nikki

http://myanimelist.net/anime/3829/Anne_no_Nikki

I was really surprised to find there was an anime on The Diary of Anne Frank (in face there turns out to be two). I was even more surprised to find out what an accurate depiction of what Anne wrote it was.

It showed Anne as a real teenage girl just like her words in her diary did. Great stuff and I highly recommend it.
Old 2012-01-22, 22:24   Link #370
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
X (TV) is a wonderful anime. I'm thinking we don't see it discussed much because it's older, and because people who pick up the movie first won't be tempted to pick up the TV-series afterwards (it's as terrible as the series is good).

Similarly, not many talk about Silent Möbius, the TV-series. Maybe I'm just nostalgic, though. It's probably nothing special, but it's the first subbed anime I've seen, and I was awed by what a diffference that makes.
I would imagine that most of the older series will be considered "rare" as time goes on. Looking back at the first few posts in this thread, made nearly a decade ago, the series that they referenced were generally older. Some were series that never caught on to popularity, but the fansubbing scene was pretty different back then...
Old 2012-01-22, 23:49   Link #371
GreatTeacherKen

Azusa, Otetsudai Shimasu!- 2004 One shot OVA that's not licensed though I think it's been subbed. I don't know how many people have heard of it, but it's basically a sports story with a robot girl as the protagonist. It's not very notable except that Noto Mamiko is the female lead.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 19:30   Link #372
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Ganbarist! Shun
actually I just saw a few minutes of it on YT but it looks so good. It's funny and I have a good feeling about it and there's mad good reviews of it on accessup.org but it seems like it's only subbed up to ep 5 in shitty video/aud/sub quality and there's raws to be found even in the korean internet circles....

wait a minutes I found chinese-subbed for all the eps... but still I want higher quality!

I love my anime from the 90s.

opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bacqrAIdNzM
Old 2012-01-23, 21:54   Link #373
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunkalla View Post
rare anime ive seen that hasnt been listed is shadow skill. Anybody heard of it?

I've watched it. The opening was stunning when I first watched it. The action was pretty good during the time it aired. That was a long time ago though. The characters were unique and memorable on their own right. If I remember correctly, the show ended prematurely. It's a good series nonetheless.

Anyway, the anime that I've watched that I consider "rare" is Shin Hakkenden. The story was pretty good and I'm surprised it's not known to most anime fans.

Spoiler for OP:
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 22:19   Link #374
LunarMoon

Ace wo Nerae. I couldn't even watch the remainder of it, because I couldn't find a source. The same is true for Ashita no Joe. In Japan it's regarded as a classic, but outside of Japan, it was extremely difficult to find any sort of video for it. The original translator that I was following quit the project within the first 10 episodes, and I eventually had to dig up some low quality subs that I found...God knows where. I can't even remember. Anime made before the 80s, in general, tends to have low visibility, while being extremely difficult to find.
To await an anime for the VN Muv-Luv,
Lunar.Moon.
Downloading from Hulu at the speed of light,
To remain within the bounds of copyrights!
http://myanimelist.net/profile/LunarMoon
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 18:48   Link #375
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
I've watched it. The opening was stunning when I first watched it. The action was pretty good during the time it aired. That was a long time ago though. The characters were unique and memorable on their own right. If I remember correctly, the show ended prematurely. It's a good series nonetheless.

Anyway, the anime that I've watched that I consider "rare" is Shin Hakkenden. The story was pretty good and I'm surprised it's not known to most anime fans.

Spoiler for OP:
looks interesting and all the reviews on accessup are positive. oh there's only like low quality with hardsubs available.

Last edited by xxanimefan4_ever; 2012-01-24 at 19:00.
xxanimefan4_ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 23:34   Link #376
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Yup, it is rare and not every anime fans know about it internationally speaking. The funny thing is, a certain local station in my country keeps airing it again and again and again till I'm sick of it just like Future Boy Conan (another anime I consider as 'rare'). The story itself is decent enough.
Old 2012-01-25, 00:18   Link #377
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Not sure if rare, but Yukikaze has been sitting on my HD for ages, and I've still not watched it...
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 07:56   Link #378
Rinnel

This very sad & disturbing anime :
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku (Now and Then, Here and There)

Quote:

Synopsis (from Myanimelist)

Shu is a typical Japanese boy, but has an unbeatable, optimistic and determined attitude. However, when he sees a mysterious girl with strange eyes named Lala-Ru up on a smokestack, he is soon pulled into a strange desert world. Shu soon discovers the true terrors of war, which includes genocide, brutal torture, hunger, thirst, and child exploitation. Now Shu is trying to save Lala-Ru, as well as his hard earned, and often relunctant, new friends from the insane dictator, Hamdo. Whether Shu can possibly accomplish saving those he cares about while still holding up to his values remains to be seen.

Old 2012-01-25, 09:27   Link #379
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

From the number of members at myanimelist, it would be Trider G7.

Still its pretty surprising whats well known and whats not. Taiyo no Kiba Dougram for example isn't well known even though a lot of the models was used by the Battletech/Mechwarrior game (along with Macross). Same with Crusher Joe (Animage award winner) and Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (also known as G-Force).
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 09:59   Link #380
gsilver

The Squash Seller

One of Masaaki Yuasa's first films. Never fansubbed, and I never even knew about it until stumbling across it on an obscure blog.