Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-09-01, 08:22   Link #81
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-random View Post
Is college/university better? I mean if it is like the high school I go to then I'll just commit suicide. Or do you go out with friends and just party (party life FTW). I just like hanging with friends if its in the city or even at pizza hut.
College is whatever you want to make of it. You don't even have to go if you don't want to -- you may not pass your classes, but you're an adult and it's your decision.

You can talk to classmates...or not. You can make friends...or not.

You can study...or not. It's all up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
Other than the fact that I became known as "the d00d that had butt$eck$$$ with a guitar" in some circles during my senior years (how this happened was actually quite hilarious), my high school experience is probably the most enjoyable time I've had so far in life.

Heck, definitely beats college and work.
Yo must tell us this story now.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 08:28   Link #82
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Quote:
You know we should really have a poll on this thread. High School, college or work. What would you choose?
You know, I just realized, sure some of us prefer college (for those who didn't enjoy their earlier years), some of us prefer high school (for those who find college a bit boring) but in the end, its up to you.. It wasn't the place that made you like that..

It was the timeline of you growing up and not the surroundings, but how you reacted on it and how you grew up on it.. Right?
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 08:36   Link #83
Traece
:cool:

I think I would prefer Highschool if it wasn't for homework.. I'm lazy what can I say?
Highschool here is a bit stranger than most would think though... Everyone is a lot nicer than you'd expect even in contrast from normal HS. It creeped me out the first year. Oh and... >_> A big rawr to the person above me for being entirely correct.
Old 2007-09-01, 11:02   Link #84
Thingle
Banned

Another thing i hate about HS is that your parents are notified if you fail a subject. In college, if you fail, you fail. You must retake the course. And that's what I like.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 11:07   Link #85
Dkong1026

I don't like it. Currently I just started my Junior year and it's just a big mess for me.

Most of my friends go to different schools, which makes going around day to day at my current school a big drag.

This year and freshmen year were ok, but....Sophomore sucked ass.

While I did make new friends, it was just a rollercoaster from hell. Earlier in the year I hated my classes so much that I didn't do much HW, thus resulting in crap grades. I also went to bed at like 1am each night (for the hell of it, I didn't smoke pot or go to parties or anything), so eventually my mom grounded me from doing anything. So all in all I was stuck for 2-3 months as a guy with a few friends at my current school who can't do anything but stay inside and junk, thus I couldn't do much of anything with my friends from other schools...or go to any sport events period, so I missed out on all the football and volleyball games for that year, which sucked.
But then at the next semester, I dropped my chem class and picked up a study hall, and my grades went up a lot from there. I got my privileges back, for the most part.

And cliques run pretty heavy at my current HS. Theres a big group of the "popular" kids (most of the guys are jocks and most of the girls are drunks). Then you have a large group of stoners/skaters/rockers...some of them are cool to hang out with, but some are just so messed up with drugs, that it's worthless to hang out with them on a daily basis. Then you have the nerdy but not nerdy kids who have 4.5 gpas, involved in every club at school, yet make up a very large group of students, so it's not exactly the nerd herd. But then you have the people that don't fit into anything else, which would be me and my friends. I wouldn't call us the nerds, cause most of us like sports a lot, and only me and 2 other guys are techies. And then there's also a group of outcasts, who are just so weird and out there that they just seem to be a bunch of loners that drift with each other.

I just can't stomach it all, so I tend to make friends with people at other schools easier, since I don't have to get involved with their school's drama and cliques.
Dkong1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 19:37   Link #86
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Wow, Dkong1026 you experienced sounds exactly like one of those Hollywood movies. I can't relate to anything there because it Melbourne it is so much different (your from the USA yeah). But seriously you have these cliques. I haven't experienced anything like that here. All I have in my school and the druggies, the 'nerds' (questionable due to my school) and the people who don't fit in either group (aka me).

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 21:32   Link #87
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Well I hope you had a good laugh. I guess I see why it is funny when you read on the internet like this but seriously its no laughing matter. I mean it your classmates and peers who do this to you (unless like I said they are really good friends). One of my friends at the school ended up in rehab due to this and he's still there.
I only mentioned the laugh because I was ridiculed all the way too. Similarly, you can do the best you can and get kicked anyways. I was never part of the "clique" so if I did well, I got made fun of. If I did poorly, I got made fun of. Your thoughts brought back my memories of when it did happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Incest View Post
Another thing i hate about HS is that your parents are notified if you fail a subject. In college, if you fail, you fail. You must retake the course. And that's what I like.
That is true. I believe that even if you fail a subject in HS, you will still have to retake the course.
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 21:50   Link #88
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by matradley View Post
I only mentioned the laugh because I was ridiculed all the way too. Similarly, you can do the best you can and get kicked anyways. I was never part of the "clique" so if I did well, I got made fun of. If I did poorly, I got made fun of. Your thoughts brought back my memories of when it did happen.
Whoops sorry, I thought you were bagging me.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 22:07   Link #89
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

It was awesome. I had some of the most friendliest classmates and friends in my highschool time. I can also say the same about my teachers. All so caring and nice.
Old 2007-09-02, 12:07   Link #90
Dkong1026

Quote:
I believe that even if you fail a subject in HS, you will still have to retake the course.
My school makes you do summerschooling for the subject you failed if you fail a class.
Dkong1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 12:59   Link #91
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkong1026 View Post
My school makes you do summerschooling for the subject you failed if you fail a class.
I have been to four high schools. Only a couple offered summer school. I think in most cases, they just made people who failed re-take the course.
Old 2007-09-03, 15:29   Link #92
arcadeplayer987

In Hight School it was great, the best period of school for me, I had great mates and we feel very well. It was much better than now, in College
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 15:45   Link #93
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
You know we should really have a poll on this thread. High School, college or work. What would you choose?

College College College!!! For the win!

Highschool was a nightmare for me and my job right now is just a job . . . And when I pick College I don't mean that I don't go to classes or get lazy. I work like crazy to get good grades but for once in my life I get to learn what I LIKE and not what someone else tells me I have to learn. It is great being around people with the same insterests as me. Highschool is no place for a 3D modeling anime fan . . . . at least the schools I was at everyone hated me or thought I was wierd b/c of those interests. Now the tables have turned and it's my turn
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 15:56   Link #94
mrvetle

Quote:
Haven't been to college but it sounds like sh1t. High school all the way, it perfect atm.
mrvetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 17:44   Link #95
CandyVanMan
Part Time Hikikomori

Highschool was the greatest social nightmare I was ever involved in. I didn't fit in to any clique. I hung out with a maximum of 4 people I can remember:

A Cali native that fancied himself a cowboy,

a Latino-metalhead-skater,

a goth girl with the ambition to sacrifice me due to my "purity", ...I did find her cute though...

and a blonde that the cowboy strongly desired to bang so she hung out with me because I seemed "safe" and served as a good barrier to her potential rape...ATTRACTION TO SMALL BOOBS DOES NOT EQUATE TO GAY!!!

My grades sucked. My ambition was borderline suicidal. All I wanted was out. I flunked 6th, so I was late already. Once I flunked 10th I quit. I got my GED and got the hell outta there.

I've never been happier in the work world. I made a couple of attempts at a Junior College experience, but it was HS all over again. At this point, everything I use in life I learned from my hobbies. I hold a jr Engineer title as the Director of Manufacturing Test. I like the situation I'm in now. If I were to do it again, I would have cut class more.
CandyVanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 18:20   Link #96
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

high school was fine. I did wrestling so I was respected by the jocks, and I did architecture technical center training so the nerds liked me to so the social part was fine. I had lots of friend and it was a school of only 800 so it was not to big (it took kidds from all around in multiple county's)
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 18:56   Link #97
TypeR
Fate X Destiny

High School was ok as a whole, but it could've been much better, had I attended a difference school prior to high school. Some courses = automatic sleep for some reason....English is one especially when we study Shakespeare, you would see half of the class sleeping . Though, I really wished that school was as fun as it is shown in Animes
TypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 19:00   Link #98
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

I took a course in high school called "Civics." It was about the politics of Canada. I just remember having a hard time staying awake in that class. It was the last class of my day and was in the hottest part of the school. I recall my teacher talking about the gum laws of Nova Scotia.
Old 2007-09-04, 10:49   Link #99
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Incest View Post
But why on earth fail when your parents are paying for your tuition?
It's not something to be proud about, really
Bonjour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 15:44   Link #100
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour View Post
But why on earth fail when your parents are paying for your tuition?
It's not something to be proud about, really
yeah its not you fail just retake the coarse. it you fail give us a couple of hundred dollars to retake the coarse. you should never fail a coarse no matter what type of school your in its just not worth it in the end.
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote