AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-08-31, 09:32   Link #5561
Candle Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumin View Post
I don't understand why someone refers Saki as an antagonist even if she is the main protagonist and has dream and aim like other players. Everyone wants to win for their dreams and aims, so they have to crush other players for themselves normally. I sympathize with Saki and understand her for reconciling with Teru. A family is very important for everyone, especially Saki while some players want to win because of their friends ,popularities , unreasonable need or umm...only wannabe. Their dreams and aims are not as important as Saki's dream. She doesn't want to win because of the champion position but she only wants to return her family.
I think it's because she can dominate so much in a match, that it makes the other players look as if they're the underdogs. Kyouko would be a good example of that, as she is the underdog versus all the big monsters. That doesn't make Saki the bad guy, just the 'boss' to beat so to speak.

Speaking of which, I thought it was interesting that Kokoro won with Akado's advice. There is always that monster versus normal player thing going on. Akado also says she won't lose next time, which reminded me of why Saki may be scared of Kyouko: playing the "analyzing" type of player a second time seems to be a scary thing. I think I recall someone saying the same thing about Yumi.
Candle Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 19:13   Link #5562
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candle Light View Post

Speaking of which, I thought it was interesting that Kokoro won with Akado's advice. There is always that monster versus normal player thing going on. Akado also says she won't lose next time, which reminded me of why Saki may be scared of Kyouko: playing the "analyzing" type of player a second time seems to be a scary thing. I think I recall someone saying the same thing about Yumi.
Exactly, and that's part of what make Teru (and potentially Saki herself if a certain theory is true) so scary. She has a power that make her an anaylizer.
Old 2015-08-31, 21:56   Link #5563
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
Exactly, and that's part of what make Teru (and potentially Saki herself if a certain theory is true) so scary. She has a power that make her an anaylizer.
I was thinking the very same thing. I would say, though, that even without her power she is also smart as a whip. Power makes it all the more scary.
Old 2015-08-31, 22:14   Link #5564
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I was thinking the very same thing. I would say, though, that even without her power she is also smart as a whip. Power makes it all the more scary.
Now I want a Biyori chapter showing Teru is super good at tests, specially chemistry due to reading the back of so many so many food boxes.

@Marina2
Has it really been so long since the start of Shino's journey? Man, at this point we'll see her grow up in real time. There's a constant flow of content for shinohayu, so its alright.

That reminds me of Hanayamata, and that's a good thing. And just now it dawns on me this is also a five girl team Shino would make a very cute prince
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 08:36   Link #5565
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candle Light

This might be good reason for Ritz to let Himematsu go to final. Think about it, we need someone who can act as narrator to 'explain' the situation on the table in the captain round of the Final. Kyouko can act as both Anti-Saki and Shizuno-Counter (as Kyouko doesn't depend on special power). Kyouko can also gain adventage from Shizuno's power. (The normal mahjong game with no OP ability!! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x
Has it really been so long since the start of Shino's journey? Man, at this point we'll see her grow up in real time. There's a constant flow of content for shinohayu, so its alright.

That reminds me of Hanayamata, and that's a good thing. And just now it dawns on me this is also a five girl team Shino would make a very cute prince
In fact, it has been 2 years since the first chapter for both our time and the time in the story. The time sure flies fast.

About the team.......according to what Kokaji-pro said here

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

She said she was vanguard. and look here

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Since Akado was there, the match in this image probably the vanguard round that happened in Shino 3rd year of high school. This means:

1. There is a chance that Shino will get to play with Kokaji-pro in team tournament in her 1st year and 2nd year of high school if Kokaji-pro is on the same year as Shino or one year under. If, not in team tournament, maybe they can meet in the invidual tournament.

2. It is possible that Shino will play in the captain position in the team tournament and get to play with 'boss / second boss' players of other teams. Who knows, Kokoro might be there.

Last edited by Marina2; 2015-09-01 at 09:04.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 20:02   Link #5566
Candle Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
This might be good reason for Ritz to let Himematsu go to final. Think about it, we need someone who can act as narrator to 'explain' the situation on the table in the captain round of the Final. Kyouko can act as both Anti-Saki and Shizuno-Counter (as Kyouko doesn't depend on special power). Kyouko can also gain adventage from Shizuno's power. (The normal mahjong game with no OP ability!! )
That sounds plausible to me when also considering that Rinkai is a team consisting of 'world' players. Since a world tournament has been hinted to come, we'll be sure to see Rinkai players on their specific national teams. In that sense, Rinkai doesn't "have" to be in the final round of this current tournament from a long-term story perspective, since we will probably see them again later.
Old 2015-09-04, 03:31   Link #5567
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

^^^^
Sorry for that.
I Wasn't asking for the translation/scan. I was asking about the chapter itself and if it had been delayed by Ritz as I had no news in the usual places as if it had been published.

I found them now so, no need to answer either.
Spoiler for Damn:
Old 2015-09-04, 03:36   Link #5568
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ahhh ... ok ... my bad then. Thanks for clearing it up. ^^
Old 2015-09-04, 18:20   Link #5569
Candle Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
^^^^
Sorry for that.
I Wasn't asking for the translation/scan. I was asking about the chapter itself and if it had been delayed by Ritz as I had no news in the usual places as if it had been published.

I found them now so, no need to answer either.
Spoiler for Damn:
Spoiler for Kyouko:
Old 2015-09-05, 00:24   Link #5570
Chitanda Eru

Spoiler for chap 147:
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-05, 09:28   Link #5571
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
Spoiler for chap 147:
Well it's because she's the only one who doesn't have powers.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 07:42   Link #5572
Chitanda Eru

New chapter is out. So in general, most of normal girls skills are using speed.
Old 2015-09-08, 08:29   Link #5573
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Which makes sense when you consider that most monster players with very few exceptions (Yuuki) need to build momentum before doing anything.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 10:17   Link #5574
King-Slayer

If I was a fan of Himematsu I suppose I would've liked the chapter better than I did.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 11:05   Link #5575
Proto

Can confirm. I'm a fan of Himematsu and I enjoyed the chapter quite a bit.
Old 2015-09-08, 11:47   Link #5576
Chitanda Eru

Hmm.. I expect a speed play of normal girls in the individual which including Nodoka. I want to know how fast Nodoka is in compare with the other fast girls ^^.

For now, I wonder who will be shined up in the next round. I think it can be Kyouko since she is using "super fast win" style from Zenno while Saki and Nelly is still blocked due to Sawaya's Kamui. I don't have much hope of Saki though she is the dealer in the next round cause the spoil in the anime @___@.

And I feel very sick of Himematsu girls @___@. Hope that they will be in the final place when captain's match ends X__X

p/s: Teru's appearance in the new chapter is the moment I love the most .
Old 2015-09-16, 10:52   Link #5577
Chitanda Eru

Spoiler for chap 148:
Old 2015-09-16, 11:01   Link #5578
Narumin

At least, Saki can win on one hand in the first hanchan. I will wait for Saki to come back and shine up. I hope she will show her full potentiality and Sankantsu in the second hanchan.
Narumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-16, 11:17   Link #5579
Chitanda Eru

Nelly seems didn't do so much in the first half except a mangan. Her power hasn't been revealed clearly.
Sawaya has one more cloud and we still don't know that did she use all of her kamui or she still has some left? Besides, the cloud and kamui that she used in the quarter could comeback.
Seems that Kyouko has shown all of what she had: speed, observe Saki's reaction. I wonder what can she do when the other monsters still haven't used all of their power. However, I think Ritz may let Himematsu in the 3rd place (the 1st is Rinkai and 2nd is Kiyosumi) cause possibly She want to do something for normal girls.
And for Saki. I'm disappointed that she nearly couldn't do anything. The plot of Nodoka's love to cheer up Saki is boring for me now.
Old 2015-09-16, 13:35   Link #5580
Proto

Well they haven't used it since the Nagano finals (when was that? 5 years ago?) so I'd argue you get bored quickly.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri