AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-29, 17:40   Link #21
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My survey of two females watching this say they like Ryuuji and wish there were more guys like him. They haven't seen enough of Kitamura but think he seems a bit distant. Heh, not quite a sufficient sample size though...
Yeah. And Takasu seems like the guy that you can trust and he's obviously a true friend. :33 ♥
Old 2008-10-30, 15:46   Link #22
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

yea def a friend you want to make, he's got a hot mum!

Bonta The Godly One bringing suave and sophistication to the conversation since 2007
Old 2008-11-04, 21:39   Link #23
BlueDo

I love Ryuuji's personality.

He cleans, he cooks.
Moreover, he actually enjoys doing those things.

Not to mention, he's really nice.
Old 2008-11-15, 03:39   Link #24
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Is it me, or does he say "So that's how it is?" quite a bit? I forgot how he says it(something like 'sundun mo desca' or something like that). Make him sound kinda cool .
Old 2008-11-15, 12:17   Link #25
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Is it me, or does he say "So that's how it is?" quite a bit? I forgot how he says it(something like 'sundun mo desca' or something like that). Make him sound kinda cool .
Is it Naruhodo?

Nice avatar XD
Old 2008-11-15, 13:35   Link #26
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"naruhodo" variously translated as "so that's how it is" "that's the way it is..." "I see..." "ahhhh..."
Old 2008-11-16, 00:37   Link #27
Isekaijin

People runs away from him out of pure misunderstanding. But he is a good guy. Not a "nice guy" because I'm all for nice boat situations for those punks. Crucify them...

Now, seriously. This guy reminds me a lot of Kyon. I don't know why. Maybe is his relation with Taiga. And him having someone else to like besides the female tsundere of the day is also refreshing. And his mania for cleaning is hilarious too.
Old 2008-11-17, 04:54   Link #28
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I have to salute his generosity and kindness. I would not take too kindly to a girl who tried to murder me with a wood sword, personally.
Old 2008-11-17, 08:27   Link #29
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Not a "nice guy" because I'm all for nice boat situations for those punks. Crucify them...
How about saying that Ryuuji is a caring person?
Old 2008-11-23, 09:08   Link #30
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
How about saying that Ryuuji is a caring person?
Yes he certainly is. One might think Ryuuji is a pushover, but I think he's just gotten used to taking care of his mother. He cooks, cleans, puts her into bed; it really shows how much he cares about her. I think he knows Yasuko doesn't take care of herself in certain regards, and Taiga doesn't either[in those same regards], so he helps her out almost as if it has been embedded into his personality. Honestly, I think he'd probably do it for anyone if he felt that way about them[that said persons failed at doing the things he excels at), including Ami and Minorin. Of course, they bring their own lunches, and don't give an img of being lazy(not used to cleaning, w/e) like Taiga, but if something did happen in their lives and Ryuuji knew about it, regardless of how they might reject or push him away, I think he'll try to help. What a great man you are Ryuuji .

Still, I wonder that if the fact that his mother likes the 'scary' look of his father and how other people viewed him encouraged him to be a kind of total opposite. Well, i guess it's not 'total opposite', but i mean excel at things a normal 'scary' guy would never expect to excel at. It could also explain why he can be docile at times, to avoid that image he dislikes.

Ahhh, any fanart or pics of Ryuuji as a child? I wanna see that, I'm so curious.
Old 2008-11-24, 20:29   Link #31
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Is it Naruhodo?

Nice avatar XD
Yeah, I think it's kinda his catchphrase.
Old 2008-11-25, 18:21   Link #32
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
The only thing I don't get about him is this: How can he be both sensitive and ignorant of other people's feelings at the same time? It boggles the mind and its the one thing that annoys me about him. Other than that, he has many qualities that I wish I had. I am very grateful that he is not the ridiculously indecisive type like so many other male leads.
Old 2008-11-25, 18:34   Link #33
typhonsentra

I'm thinking it's that he lacks self-esteem and doesn't think girls would find him attractive due to his eyes.... and nipples.

Besides that? It wouldn't be much of a show if he confronted Taiga right away. It'd go from 24+ episodes to... 2 or 3?
Old 2008-11-26, 12:17   Link #34
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Wtf? nipples? where did that come from? Of course he has esteem issues. I was not being specific to the odd relationship he has with Taiga. He's ignorant of pretty much everyone's feelings most of the time, just acting out of a desire to help.
Old 2008-11-26, 13:48   Link #35
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
Wtf? nipples? where did that come from?
The novels, man. The novels...

Old 2008-11-26, 14:10   Link #36
Baka Ronin

Never read them. Is there a translated version you can buy in the US?
Old 2008-11-26, 14:17   Link #37
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Don't think so. But if you read this thread, you might feel inclined to check out the fan translation that Baka-Tsuki is doing, right now. They are really good reads, IMHO.

Old 2008-11-26, 15:08   Link #38
Baka Ronin

TY, I will do so, but not now as I am at work.

Anyways. I think Taiga will go a long way to curing some of his self esteem issues. But that relies on her discovering and understanding her true feelings regarding her "dog". Ami confuses him and frustrates him with her 2-faces behavior but he's too much of a nice guy to tell her to STFU. All of the people around him contribute to his personality development. We are all products of our environment. His mother is probably the biggest influence on him for being such a nice guy though.
Old 2008-11-28, 07:24   Link #39
Voitan

Quote:
The only thing I don't get about him is this: How can he be both sensitive and ignorant of other people's feelings at the same time? It boggles the mind and its the one thing that annoys me about him. Other than that, he has many qualities that I wish I had. I am very grateful that he is not the ridiculously indecisive type like so many other male leads.
He's ignorant of other people's feelings because he's used to not expect much from other people's opinions on himself.

Not liking to be judged so callously, he treats other people the way he wishes others would treat him.

Still, he has no high hopes of people thinking highly of him.

Quote:
Anyways. I think Taiga will go a long way to curing some of his self esteem issues. But that relies on her discovering and understanding her true feelings regarding her "dog".
O_o

She beats him as she were some redneck thug with a wifebeater shirt and talks down to him constantly.

If Ryuuji is going to be growing his self-esteem, then he'd cut her off from his charity and demand no more abuse.

The person he rebukes constantly is Ami.
Old 2008-11-28, 10:47   Link #40
Caster13
=^_^=

I don't think Ryuuji is afraid of telling Taiga what to do however. Well, other then when he notices a pattern of specific physical abuse (e.g. eye poking). The last few episodes revolving around swimming comes to mind, considering how he's constantly pushing her in her "training" and there's also that one specific scene where she tells her to "fix her attitude".

I think he's learned to deal with difficult girls because of Taiga (other then the physical violence, that is) and that has helped him in dealing with Ami as well.

Last edited by Caster13; 2008-11-28 at 11:53.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters