AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-20, 08:45   Link #341
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Obviously, some question the wisdom of introducing such lifeforms into their Gundam world when other alternatives (human) aren't exhausted in their opinion.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 17:01   Link #342
Lightningtiger13
Gang

Send a message via Yahoo to Lightningtiger13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Obviously, some question the wisdom of introducing such lifeforms into their Gundam world when other alternatives (human) aren't exhausted in their opinion.
Yeah I would much rather see an advanced human race than to see aliens in a gundam series any day.
Lightningtiger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 17:03   Link #343
kakakka

Advanced human race is an illusion in Gundam though...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 20:35   Link #344
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

God, are we back on this "aliens in Gundam" topic?
Old 2010-12-20, 20:54   Link #345
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So it'd seem...
Old 2010-12-21, 05:16   Link #346
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I gotta say, again. Going by the linearts of G-Savior alone, I would seriously love that film to be animated. I say if they do decide to go UC again, that's is the way to go.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 18:00   Link #347
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
What makes Gundam a "Gundam show" is the Gundam itself, of course. But you can still have a political/war drama with or without aliens. The ideologies shown in Gundam wouldn't really change whether you're fighting against humans or aliens. The aliens just act like another faction in this case. And you don't have to limit it to just humans vs aliens conflicts. You can have humans vs humans conflicts as well while still having the presence of aliens, whether it be as one or more of the subplots, or as the main plot altogether.

How exactly can you have a political drama with the unknown? I just don't see it. I don't see how a Gundam series with aliens can still be about war. It will simply be another giant mecha vs aliens series.. (Which we have enough of, btw)

But I'll like to keep an open mind on this subject. Just because I don't see how this works doesn't mean no one can actually make this work. So like I said, I'll try to keep an open mind.

Quote:
I agree, aliens being the focus of the 00 movie isn't exactly...spoilerish. It's fairly old and well known news.
Well obviously there are still people who don't know this. I know this forum has no rules about spoilers, but you might consider using spoiler tags when talking about plot points from the movie outside of the 00 movie thread.. Just out of respect for those who don't wanna get spoiled.. at least until the movie is released on DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Advanced human race is an illusion in Gundam though...
ehmm... Coordinators..? Newtypes?
Old 2010-12-21, 19:56   Link #348
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
How exactly can you have a political drama with the unknown? I just don't see it. I don't see how a Gundam series with aliens can still be about war.
We're not necessarily talking about "Predator"- or "Alien"-type aliens here, these could be aliens we could communicate with. And once you have some sort of communication, you can go from there.

And like I said, it doesn't have to be just about aliens vs humans. There could be differing human factions that fight against each other on how to deal with the aliens.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 20:18   Link #349
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Amazing how such threads devolve into pointlessness when there's no substantial information to discuss...
Old 2010-12-21, 20:24   Link #350
saurers123

I was kinda hoping for a re-animated version of the first Gundam with todays technology. Though I did heard that UC elitists don't like it.
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 20:26   Link #351
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurers123 View Post
I was kinda hoping for a re-animated version of the first Gundam with todays technology. Though I did heard that UC elitists don't like it.
I've been wanting that for years. I don't get why hardcore fans wouldn't want that. It's the same show, but with nicer animation, what's not to like?

The success of the Rebuild Evangelion movies proves this.
Old 2010-12-21, 20:26   Link #352
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurers123 View Post
Although my first thought was to say, "screw those elitists", I'll keep my thoughts until the first news of the new project comes out.

But are we sure it's not that UC Gundam, the one about the 0079-0080s something? I believe that was old news, or was that disregarded?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 20:27   Link #353
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Although my first thought was to say, "screw those elitists", I'll keep my thoughts until the first news of the new project comes out.

But are we sure it's not that UC Gundam, the one about the 0079-0080s something? I believe that was old news, or was that disregarded?
Kunio Okawara just said "Perhaps UC?". That's really the most news we got.
Old 2010-12-21, 22:07   Link #354
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Amazing how such threads devolve into pointlessness when there's no substantial information to discuss...
On the contrary, it would only be pointless if there was any substantial information to discuss. But since there isn't any at the moment, we're left with expectations and speculations.
Old 2010-12-21, 22:11   Link #355
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I wouldn't call bitching about aliens an expectation or a speculation.
Old 2010-12-21, 22:22   Link #356
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I wouldn't call bitching about aliens an expectation or a speculation.
Why not? I see it as some people (like kaito-kid) expressing their expectation of what a Gundam show should be and speculating on how they see the presence of aliens would affect that expectation. And other people (like me) are sharing their own speculation that differ from the former speculation.
Old 2010-12-22, 01:38   Link #357
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I doubt there will be aliens in another Gundam show for a while. 00's universe was pretty much custom-tailed for it, and the next Gundam show to have aliens would probably be accused of ripping-off 00.
Old 2010-12-22, 05:19   Link #358
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You don't have to worry, even 00 got called "ripping off" Seed and UC before. There is no original anymore. Whatever they do, it'll be called rip-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I've been wanting that for years. I don't get why hardcore fans wouldn't want that. It's the same show, but with nicer animation, what's not to like?

The success of the Rebuild Evangelion movies proves this.
To tell the truth, I kinda don't want it because I think they better use that budget to start a branch new series instead of rebuild the old one. Maybe because the amount of media I saw about the first Gundam show is too large already that I don't really want to watch it once again. Heck, the only Gundam games that didn't touch Amuro and his beloved RX-78 that I can remember are all Gundam Seed games (like, 3 games?).

I'm just, well, kind of getting sick of it, you know.

I'd prefer them to take the side material and turn it into OVA. If it's TV series, then make something new, even if it's about UC. Up until now, the only UC one that no matter how much I tried, I can't like it is Victory Gundam, and don't ask me why. I don't know either.
Old 2010-12-22, 15:08   Link #359
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Maybe they could animate the novels.
Old 2010-12-22, 15:48   Link #360
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
Maybe they could animate the novels.
That would probably be like a compilation movie (1 film for each novel).