AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-05-17, 08:48   Link #201
voldy18

The character data featured in vol. 18 says:

"He is the eldest son from the low-class aristocrat Ukitake Family. His siblings consists of five brothers and two sisters. Including his own siblings, he basically supports most of his family members by himself."
voldy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 18:30   Link #202
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Question Translate Onegai

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...pbleach7xp.jpg

Can someone translate this please , I am guessing here its something to do with Bleach Seiyu(guessing from the Image Title) is'nt it ?

Last edited by xris; 2006-06-07 at 04:33.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 03:59   Link #203
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia_posy
I think that the problem is that there are different translations and therefore interpretations of Aizen's Explanation
I am not really sure, but I think that Urahara put the Hougyuko into Rukia when he gave her the gigai.
Aizen came to know about that, killed the Central 46 and put out a warrant for her arrest in their name.

Urahara was missing from Soul society, long before Rukia arrived in soul society! The first time they met, was in the human world
This is incorrect Urahara went missing 100 yeas ago. Rukia came to SS as a baby about 160 years ago. she lived in the slums till about 60 years ago and then spent 10 years in school training. the fact that Azein found out where it was hidden from the notes that Urahara left behind means that he had to have hidden it before he left. The gigai was just a way to get rid of it permently
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 10:06   Link #204
gibits
Endless

When Aizen said becoming a hollow removes the power cap, can we assume that all vizards and/or aacanars have already reached their genkai? In otherwords, is it safe to say that once your bankai is acheived you've already hit the glass-ceiling?
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 23:51   Link #205
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

No, that's not safe to say. It is quite possible that they did not reach their limit before becoming a shinigami/hollow hybrid. That was not established as a fact.

It also hasn't been established if simply becoming a hybrid gives them an automatic power boost regardless of their earlier limit, though it has been implied.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 16:41   Link #206
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldy18
The character data featured in vol. 18 says:

"He is the eldest son from the low-class aristocrat Ukitake Family. His siblings consists of five brothers and two sisters. Including his own siblings, he basically supports most of his family members by himself."
However, aristocrat and noble are not neccesarily the same thing. Aristocrat may refer to anyone with a sufficient level of power (political and financial (or SS equivelant)) the 4 (or 5) noble families are probably more like, say, the tribes of Israel the average person doesn't have their last name as the tribe that they are from.

just a theory
fizzmaister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 11:42   Link #207
voldy18

Well, both "aristocrat" and "noble" mean "a member of the nobility". :P

Actually, I think what really devides the four Great Families from the rest is basically that they are older than the rest. This way they were able to gain more power, more money and more respect than the others over time. I mean, Byakuya is the 28th head of the Kuchiki Family. This means the family is at the very least 3000 years old. Given that Shinigami can live many hundreds of years the family is probably far, far older.
Old 2006-07-05, 02:25   Link #208
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Actually I hate to mention this, but aristocrat does not mean "member of the nobility." The word aristocrat is a broad category that has meant different things at different points in history. It certainly includes members of the nobility, but there have been times and places when it referred to gentry or other entitled members of society who were not nobility.

Of course, the manga does not say aristocrat. It has a Japanese word that someone decided to translate as aristocrat. I don't know how exactly he chose that word. He might have agreed with voldy18 about the meaning, or else he might have intended the meaning which fizzmaister mentioned.

If the translator for this is voldy18, then of course he is correct. Otherwise, could someone who understands Japanese please look at volume 18 and tell us the actual word that was used and try to translate it for us?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-07-05, 04:04   Link #209
emessen

aristocrat = member of the aristocracy and an aristocracy is a social system where
the upper crust of society hold the political power

this includes wealthy land owners and nobles... people of influence

nobility = people with inherited titles... Royalty, Duchies, Family Leaders in the
case of Bleach people like Byakuya who inherited the Title of Head of the Kuchiki
Clan or Yoruichi inheriting the Title Tenshi Heisouban

All Nobles would be considered Aristocrats, but not all aristocrats are nobles

it's like in geometry... All squares are polygons, but not all polygons are squares

there's been no indication that Ukitake has inherited any title and the inclusion of the
phrase "low-class aristocrat" should automatically tell you he isn't nobility
Old 2006-07-05, 06:56   Link #210
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aristocrat

Dictionary.com is your friend
Old 2006-07-05, 15:12   Link #211
emessen

dictionary.com is your friend

copied and pasted verbatim
Quote:
a·ris·to·crat Audio pronunciation of "aristocrat"
n.

1. A member of a ruling class or of the nobility.
2. A person having the tastes, manners, or other characteristics of the aristocracy: a natural aristocrat who insists on the best accommodations.
3. A person who advocates government by an aristocracy.
4. One considered the best of its kind: the aristocrat of cars.
look at definition #1, notice the use of the word "or" it doesn't say "and is of"

big difference
Old 2006-07-05, 18:37   Link #212
nuron

Could I ask a question about a song title? At the end of episode 12, the strong guy who had the parakeet falls down with his newly-gained armor and there's an acoustic guitar song playing. I was wondering if anyone could give me the title of it? Thanks all.
nuron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 19:56   Link #213
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuron
Could I ask a question about a song title? At the end of episode 12, the strong guy who had the parakeet falls down with his newly-gained armor and there's an acoustic guitar song playing. I was wondering if anyone could give me the title of it? Thanks all.
I think the name of the song ur looking for is called " Will of the Heart "
Old 2006-07-06, 09:33   Link #214
voldy18

Lol. I actually checked an online dictionary before I said "Well, both 'aristocrat' and 'noble' mean 'a member of the nobility'." Maybe I should have added a "can".

The thing is, NoSanninWa is right. We don't know what the original text said. And no, I'm not the translator. I got the information from here.

I don't know if Ukitake is considered as a member of the nobility in SS because Kubo isn't very clear about the whole thing. :/ Really, we only know for sure that Soi Fong comes from a lower noble family, who serves the Shihouin family.
Then there are Kira and Ōmaeda who are from rich families. However it's never clearly said whether they are considered as nobility or not.

Still, Soi Fong at least proves that the nobility of SS doesn't only consist of the Great Four.
Old 2006-07-10, 06:51   Link #215
Brutus

Ishida uryuu as a child voice actor?

ok i have a strange question, in episode 44 ishida have some flasbacks and we see him as a kid and i realy liked the voice acting from whoever had that part. anyone know the name of her? i cant find any info on this
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 12:33   Link #216
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Well Soi is nobility but not Ukitake Byakuya Kaien Shinouin nobility .Well it has all to do with Shogun style of functioning in Mideval Japan

So it would be better to stop comparing Soi's nobility to the Europaen nobility and claiming she is a noble

Samurais who were directly serving under Daemo or Shogun and who were in charge of his protection .Sometimes were considered as low class nobles.that was their official rank or status in the court .

Well according to the code of bushido not everyone could become a samurai let alone hold a katana .And the Japanese Society was a class based society.So that makes Soi a low class noble .

And yes Ukitake is a from a noble family .^^
Old 2006-07-10, 19:34   Link #217
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
as far as I know noble in eurpe were divided too
being a noble might have been only a title, and such nobles were suppose to serve higher nobles just to live in their house
Old 2006-07-11, 00:30   Link #218
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus
ok i have a strange question, in episode 44 ishida have some flasbacks and we see him as a kid and i realy liked the voice acting from whoever had that part. anyone know the name of her? i cant find any info on this
I don't see any evidence that he has a different voice actor in episode 44. Since the voice actor for his grandfather in episode 44 is listed on ANN, this is probably not an oversight. I believe that in episode 44, as in the rest of the show, his voice actor is Noriaki Sugiyama, who has already proven her ability to play young boys in the part of Sasuke, from Naruto and several other parts.

Old 2006-07-11, 00:34   Link #219
emessen

Noriaki Sugiyama is a male
Old 2006-07-11, 01:11   Link #220
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen
Noriaki Sugiyama is a male
Are you certain? I'm just judging it by the picture, but that doesn't look much like a man to me.

Tags
q&a