AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-11, 12:17   Link #2121
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Touma is starting to look like a monster despite being a level 0.
Please explain.
Old 2010-03-11, 12:34   Link #2122
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
Spoiler for Some Illustrations... and other thoughts:
I call h4x!
How did it end up like this?
I wish my life were as misfortunate. LOL

And I totally agree with Toma being a monster, but maybe in different meanings.
Old 2010-03-11, 12:35   Link #2123
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Please explain.
well because of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for pics:
Old 2010-03-11, 12:36   Link #2124
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Please explain.
Just like Biri Biri Vision can skew Mikoto's senses of Touma to be GAR, Accelerator Vision in despair mode would be unrealiable.

Though Touma would say he deserves an Oscar for his acting ability.
Old 2010-03-11, 12:54   Link #2125
zero_nmc

Touma is transformed into a demon ajajajja XD

but, I have a question

Haramuza reason why he has traveled to Russia
Old 2010-03-11, 13:18   Link #2126
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Redemption? or Good is Dumb?

When LO first appeared according to the data she recieved and based on her interpretation he is not a total psychotic bastard to the Sisters as everyone perceives.

Mikoto and Touma would like to disagree on that.
Touma can trust and forgive him(it won't be the first time he does that), in the other hand, is Mikoto the only one who would disagree.
Old 2010-03-11, 14:20   Link #2127
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_nmc View Post
Touma is transformed into a demon ajajajja XD

but, I have a question

Haramuza reason why he has traveled to Russia
Spoiler for hama:

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2010-03-11 at 14:38.
Old 2010-03-11, 14:31   Link #2128
tsunade666

I also don't like hama. He should just die. Just add rikuo to the other 2 as harem. Though I don't know much about this guy beside that his one of the touma punch and got himself a girl thingy.
Old 2010-03-11, 14:39   Link #2129
AlaAlba

yeah *nods*. after vol 15 or so suddenly he have his role bigger and bigger. I can only think the editor asks the author to give hamazura more role after vol 15, only to make to aru longer and thicker(as a book).

Spoiler for vol 20, Touma's eyes:

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2010-03-11 at 14:54.
Old 2010-03-11, 14:57   Link #2130
tsunade666

where do you guys get those info? I was surfing the net since vol 20 is out but still no luck. Tried 4chan but too little info. Its alright if its japanase. Though I can't read it I'll ask someone to do it

Hama isn't cool his kinda lame from skill out underling to skill out leader like for a day or two or is it even a week? To underling of ITEM too a main guy suddenly..... with lots of appearance on SS. I totally doesn't see any cool on this guy. He looks week and lame unlike Accel and Touma.
Old 2010-03-11, 18:49   Link #2131
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, for the first time, I've been seeing 3 main male protagonists being the hero on their own separate ways: Touma for pretty much anything, Accelerator for his (beloved) brat, and Hamazura for Rikou. I can say I'm looking forward to how this works out.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-03-11, 18:51   Link #2132
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
When LO first appeared according to the data she recieved and based on her interpretation he is not a total psychotic bastard to the Sisters as everyone perceives.

Mikoto and Touma would like to disagree on that. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Touma can trust and forgive him(it won't be the first time he does that), in the other hand, is Mikoto the only one who would disagree.
I don't know about that. Off the top of my head, I can't remember Mikoto ever giving Accelerator a second thought after the end of the Sisters arc. To be sure, when she witnessed him killing 9982 in Railgun, she tried to kill him. But past that point, her attention turned elsewhere, and the role he occupied was simply that of an insurmountable obstacle in the way of her objective of saving her sisters. And even when Touma brought the notion of "defeating" him back onto the table, neither of them even considered killing him. And after it was over her thoughts were about her Sisters' continued well being and her gratitude towards Touma for his role in saving them.

And anyway, she didn't place the blame for the massacres on the scientists, who created the experiment, nor on the administrators who approved it all and covered it up, and no, not even on Accelerator who carried them out. Mikoto placed the blame squarely on her own shoulders and bore the burden of thousands of deaths as if she herself had killed them. The issue is that Mikoto is one of those characters who is "too good". She should have hated the scientists, she should have hated the administrators, and she should have hated Accelerator, but ultimately, she only hated herself.

Despite her mask of cynicism, Mikoto is ultimately as much a starry eyed idealist as Touma. And just like him, she desperately wants to see the best in others. Having said that, could she ever trust Accelerator? Presumably we mean could she trust him to protect Last Order and the other Sisters? It would be a hard sell, to be sure unless she actually saw him risking his life for Last Order or the others. But if the explanation were to come out of Last Order's mouth rather than his, it's not all that unlikely honestly. I don't think he could, or honestly would even try, to communicate his feelings and intentions properly.

Ultimately though, this is probably all academic. The amount of time the two of them have interacted in their lifetimes is measured in minutes. And I don't really see any indication that this is going to change much. Within the scope of the series, Mikoto is a character in Touma's story, and she really isn't part of Accelerator's story.
Old 2010-03-11, 18:54   Link #2133
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler:
wait a minute there
Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-11, 19:09   Link #2134
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
where do you guys get those info? I was surfing the net since vol 20 is out but still no luck. Tried 4chan but too little info. Its alright if its japanase. Though I can't read it I'll ask someone to do it

Hama isn't cool his kinda lame from skill out underling to skill out leader like for a day or two or is it even a week? To underling of ITEM too a main guy suddenly..... with lots of appearance on SS. I totally doesn't see any cool on this guy. He looks week and lame unlike Accel and Touma.
Nahh,No h4x, no overpowered, just happens he is too normal for you :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, for the first time, I've been seeing 3 main male protagonists being the hero on their own separate ways: Touma for pretty much anything, Accelerator for his (beloved) brat, and Hamazura for Rikou. I can say I'm looking forward to how this works out.
I can't hate one of them, each one doing theri thing using different ways, bonus points for Hamazura because at least she has someone to love .

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
And anyway, she didn't place the blame for the massacres on the scientists, who created the experiment, nor on the administrators who approved it all and covered it up, and no, not even on Accelerator who carried them out. Mikoto placed the blame squarely on her own shoulders and bore the burden of thousands of deaths as if she herself had killed them. The issue is that Mikoto is one of those characters who is "too good". She should have hated the scientists, she should have hated the administrators, and she should have hated Accelerator, but ultimately, she only hated herself.

Despite her mask of cynicism, Mikoto is ultimately as much a starry eyed idealist as Touma. And just like him, she desperately wants to see the best in others. Having said that, could she ever trust Accelerator? Presumably we mean could she trust him to protect Last Order and the other Sisters? It would be a hard sell, to be sure unless she actually saw him risking his life for Last Order or the others. But if the explanation were to come out of Last Order's mouth rather than his, it's not all that unlikely honestly. I don't think he could, or honestly would even try, to communicate his feelings and intentions properly.
Didn't she said that the experiment and the people behind it weres fucked to the core??

Quote:
Ultimately though, this is probably all academic. The amount of time the two of them have interacted in their lifetimes is measured in minutes. And I don't really see any indication that this is going to change much. Within the scope of the series, Mikoto is a character in Touma's story, and she really isn't part of Accelerator's story.
I don't know very well, but Mikoto is going to Russia , again on her own(and sure we know how ends the things were she tries to do that way), because wants to protect the people she cares from a possilble threament of missiles from Russia, the connection between Mikoto and Accelerator is the sisters which both of them cares a lot, even risking their lives. But she doesn't know that Accelerator, the guy who killed 10000+ of them, has "changed" after the end of the experiment and changed his view of the things. Is not a coincidence she is going to the same place where Accelerator who is just with one of the sisters.
How do you think is going to react to the situation? "Oh!, Accelerator-kun good job for taking good care of my clones! Thank you very much!" .... I don't think so .

Meanwhile in the pther hand, putting aside her feelings, the connection between Touma and Mikoto is because of the promise he made to Etzali, protect the world around her, but for Touma with promise or without it, he always will protect the people around Mikoto and the people around the people he did'm meet yet. Thats Touma, the guy with a hero syndrome, its not like he has an interest beyond that.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-03-11 at 19:26.
Old 2010-03-11, 19:09   Link #2135
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Spoiler for yipes!:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-03-11, 19:27   Link #2136
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for yipes!:
Spoiler for lol:
Old 2010-03-11, 19:27   Link #2137
stillmissing

Quote:
Didn't she said that the experiment and the people behind it weres fucked to the core??
She said they were rotten to have carried out such a thing, yes.

Quote:
the connection between Mikoto and Accelerator is the sisters which both of them cares a lot, even risking their lives.
It's true, and they could interact more on this basis, but so far there's been no indication of it. With recent events, I had thought it might come up, if she were dragged into it due to what was happening to Last Order,
Spoiler for recent events:

As for Mikoto, even with Kamachi's promise of her playing an important role in the coming events, not to mention the memory subplot he has been setting up for several volumes, her role in the story continues to be defined by her interactions with and her relationship with Touma, rather than with the events occurring in the plot. That's simply the kind of heroine she is in the context of this story, and that's the role Kamachi has given her. While the Railgun manga ultimately exists to show the other aspects of Mikoto.

Spoiler for vol 20:

Last edited by stillmissing; 2010-03-11 at 19:29. Reason: forgot to spoiler mask
Old 2010-03-11, 19:45   Link #2138
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Spoiler for lol:
Spoiler for :P:

Old 2010-03-11, 19:50   Link #2139
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for hentai kamen returns:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
Spoiler for vol 20:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for :P:
I changed somethings but this one really needs a doujin or something like that

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-03-11 at 20:02.
Old 2010-03-11, 20:02   Link #2140
stillmissing

Quote:
Spoiler:
The "two ships in the night" scenario? Well, that's less likely. Kamachi was always teasing with Touma and Accelerator meeting up again, but that's meaningless for Mikoto and Touma. They meet all the time so there's no suspense to that.

And while Mikoto was assigned the role of the main heroine of the science side, whenever the story focuses on Accelerator, she might as well not exist. That's why some fans occasionally joke about her being supplanted by Last Order. Though they throw similar mean spirited jokes about Itsuwa usurping Index's role though for different reasons.

Spoiler for vol 20:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen