AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 20:19   Link #561
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Seems like this show flopped pretty hard. I mean like not even 700 discs. This is Natsu and Bund bad. Which is really too bad seeing as it had such a good cast of seiyus backing it.
HOLY !#@&^(, there goes the odds of this getting a second cour. Only hope would it to have always been planned to be a split cour, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 20:26   Link #562
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 06:50   Link #563
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

"Myth is truthful, but figuratively so. It is not historical truth mixed with lies; it is a high philosophical teaching that is entirely true, on the condition that, instead of taking it literally, one sees in it an allegory."
Old 2013-04-03, 12:39   Link #564
Grey

So Kamiomi did nothing even at the end? Oh well, I'm not disappointed. The final episode continued its usual entertaining style. It didn't feel like a climax but I never felt any buildup either. It's just an end to a chapter in the story, and a fine one.

I sort of want to see the underworld though. What on earth is Susanoo doing, looking like that.

Also: That's a terrible, terrible quote. And Veyne was a terrible person for ever writing it.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 13:09   Link #565
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Seems like this show flopped pretty hard. I mean like not even 700 discs. This is Natsu and Bund bad. Which is really too bad seeing as it had such a good cast of seiyus backing it.
That is a hasty remark, sasami@ganmbaranai went on sale on 2012/03/27 and the data you saw as for the Mar 25th - 31st period, that is why it is listed as ***, we will have to wait for this week numbers to make any assumption about the posibiltity of a second season. The original post at myanimelist clearly states (not ranked; need full week data later this week)
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 16:00   Link #566
chaos_animagic

Well, personally I wouldn't be surprised if the rank was low.

Since this show was a bit random and not that interesting, especially since it resolves around INCEST and lots of unexplained plots. (+ a bit too emo at times)

In fact, I think the only character I liked in this show was the Mom... even tho she went psycho for a while, but her true nature is quite awesome.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 17:12   Link #567
Grey

I liked the music. Some of the BGMs set the mood really nicely.

And watching some parts again...sometimes the way Edogawa speaks reminds me of Juju. It's neat. Like she had a Juju of her own who lectured her, and now Edogawa's repeating her words.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 17:17   Link #568
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
I wonder, why is Tsurugi calling Kamiomi "oni-chan"?
I assume that's because he is her borther: Tsukuyomi (and he hides his face since Amaterasu (the sun) doesn't ever want to see his (the moon's) face again, for some trangression I can't recall [and that's fairly often attributed to Susanoo anyway - myths come in many versions, just like history ]).
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 23:01   Link #569
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

It's ooooooover! ;_;

I sure am gonna miss those crazy Yagami sisters.
Old 2013-04-03, 23:57   Link #570
Midonin
Last Engage

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Final - Midonin Learns Trivia Several Years Too Late

I know I heard the name "Kagutsuchi" before, but I associate it with spinning rings and a death game. Mai-HiME drew on a lot of mythology, sure, but I wasn't fully aware of the context until now. For some reason. From the comments, I was expecting the finale to be a lot less action packed than it was, but it was a fitting and enjoyable end to an enjoyable series. With a pedigree in nearly everything (voice actresses, animation studio, novel author) I was looking forward to this, and while it wasn't as zany as Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, it was a very nice mix of comedy, otaku culture and mythology (and some yuri. I don't even need my goggles here.) Plus, it features a sympathetic and prominent futanari character. (The reason for why she has it revealed here.) That's a rare sight.

Sasami's plan of hiding not just her soul, but her entire house in Tama's body... I didn't see that one coming. But she has god-level power, so it's acceptable. That scene of Jou and Sasami lying on the beach was really sweet. She has a lot of impact for someone who was only around in three or four episodes. I know Shaft has their Madokas and their Monogatarises (and their Hidamaris), but I'm all for them doing a series like this, too.

The variable ED thing was also fun - hearing a clean version for the finale, it's a sweet little song. Looking forward to the full release whenever. Final verdict? I enjoyed it. A bit of an under the radar series, but under the radar is a good place to be, sometimes.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 12:08   Link #571
MartianMage

I kinda hope this sells well... I'm really enjoying the series so would be nice if there's possibility for season 2.

It had a wonky start but it got really interesting after that...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 12:13   Link #572
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Final - Midonin Learns Trivia Several Years Too Late
The variable ED thing was also fun - hearing a clean version for the finale, it's a sweet little song. Looking forward to the full release whenever. Final verdict? I enjoyed it. A bit of an under the radar series, but under the radar is a good place to be, sometimes.
The ED's already been released on a bonus disc bundled with the first DVD/BD. The clean TV version can be found on the OST. :3
Old 2013-04-04, 12:14   Link #573
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
The ED's already been released on a bonus disc bundled with the first DVD/BD.
That's exactly what I was referring to.
Old 2013-04-04, 12:18   Link #574
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That's exactly what I was referring to.
Oh, you said "looking forward to the full release whenever" so I thought you might not have known that it was already released. :3
Old 2013-04-04, 12:26   Link #575
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Oh, you said "looking forward to the full release whenever" so I thought you might not have known that it was already released. :3
Released in the sense of it can be purchased, at least. I still haven't found the full version yet. But one of these days. Though I'm looking forward to the character songs for Sasami, the sisters and Jou just as much, if not more.
Old 2013-04-04, 15:06   Link #576
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Released in the sense of it can be purchased, at least. I still haven't found the full version yet. But one of these days. Though I'm looking forward to the character songs for Sasami, the sisters and Jou just as much, if not more.
Because of the way Shaft does things, you can only purchase the full ed song by buying the bluray/dvd. There really won't be an official separate release sadly
Old 2013-04-05, 21:17   Link #577
Kitsu Breaker

Sasami x Kagami was my favorite OTP of the season
Damn, I watche every single anime who was yuri related even a litte and this two where my favorite.
Thaks shaft.

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 21:35   Link #578
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Most parts seemed to have been going so fast this episode. Although I enjoyed most of it, I was a little saddened that the gigantic battle with the headed serpent ends with one slash.
Old 2013-04-05, 21:42   Link #579
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
Sasami x Kagami was my favorite OTP of the season
Damn, I watche every single anime who was yuri related even a litte and this two where my favorite.
Thaks shaft.
haaaa you too...?
Old 2013-04-07, 06:28   Link #580
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

finally..... Sasami sing the ending song well....

watching the final episode makes me think that second season is a must.... at least I want to see more about Kamiomi (the most mysterious onii-chan)

slow and confusing start really kills this anime
but in the end, we can grow some affections toward all of the characters (Yagami sisters, Sasami, Kamiomi, Juju, and even Edogawa)

good show for a boring season.... thanks, SHAFT!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romantic comedy, shounen