Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-02, 02:34   Link #3961
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Well it's hard to know which notes from what side are going to hit next when they are too close to each other. I can barely get a good score on normal and well I rarely play the games right now.

So Pro is not the hardest mode?
Master is the hardest mode. However, on some songs Master is easier than Pro on another. All depends on the complexity of each song and its BPM and star rating. Helps a lot if you know the exact beats for songs too.
Old 2012-11-02, 03:36   Link #3962
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I havent pass "A" score on Regular mode...

Jitensha special MV !!!!
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 12:23   Link #3963
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I was able to get an A score in one of Makoto's songs on my first try, I forgot about that.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 22:41   Link #3964
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Have you guys been utilizing the items? They make things a lot easier. You'd have to raise your rank to get the good ones and they're a bit pricey but totally worth it. I think that it was when you reach rank B that you have access to the items "Target Supporter Z" (second on the list in the "Item" category of the shop) and "Icon Supporter Z" (fourth on the list). The "Z" versions aren't consumable like they're cheaper counterparts, buy them once and you can reuse them for each song.

The target supporter gives you more leniency on the button press timings and the icon supporter makes it so that you don't have to hold down the button for the long icons, all you have to do is hit the button over the target and it does the rest. Both items cost 12,000 but they're worth it, ESPECIALLY the icon supporter. It really helps to have it for the Pro and MASTER difficulties.

The "Simple Line" (fifteenth on the list) item is useful for the harder difficulties as well since the melody line is changed to the straight line like in the Debut difficulty. Buying the colored lines from the "Line" category makes things slightly easier too.

It also helps to buy the charms as they increase the number of memories that each character can hold.

...and another thing that could help is turning on the "Auto handclap" in the play support category (the third tab in the "Backstage"). It makes it so that you'll hear the clapping sound when the icon is over the target for the PERFECT timing.

While you're messing with the options you may as well change the SPEED and turn the MIRROR option on to get the corresponding titles. SPEED is self explanatory, it speeds up the icons. MIRROR just changes the sides the icon appears on the screen. Initially I thought this meant it'd revert the buttons, push the right buttons for the left icons and the left for the right icons but, no, it just changes where the icons appear...which makes me question the function of the option to begin with.
Old 2012-11-03, 06:43   Link #3965
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I was able to get an A score in one of Makoto's songs on my first try, I forgot about that.
Same for me. It surprised me quite a big

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
Have you guys been utilizing the items? They make things a lot easier. You'd have to raise your rank to get the good ones and they're a bit pricey but totally worth it. I think that it was when you reach rank B that you have access to the items "Target Supporter Z" (second on the list in the "Item" category of the shop) and "Icon Supporter Z" (fourth on the list). The "Z" versions aren't consumable like they're cheaper counterparts, buy them once and you can reuse them for each song.

The target supporter gives you more leniency on the button press timings and the icon supporter makes it so that you don't have to hold down the button for the long icons, all you have to do is hit the button over the target and it does the rest. Both items cost 12,000 but they're worth it, ESPECIALLY the icon supporter. It really helps to have it for the Pro and MASTER difficulties.

The "Simple Line" (fifteenth on the list) item is useful for the harder difficulties as well since the melody line is changed to the straight line like in the Debut difficulty. Buying the colored lines from the "Line" category makes things slightly easier too.

It also helps to buy the charms as they increase the number of memories that each character can hold.

...and another thing that could help is turning on the "Auto handclap" in the play support category (the third tab in the "Backstage"). It makes it so that you'll hear the clapping sound when the icon is over the target for the PERFECT timing.

While you're messing with the options you may as well change the SPEED and turn the MIRROR option on to get the corresponding titles. SPEED is self explanatory, it speeds up the icons. MIRROR just changes the sides the icon appears on the screen. Initially I thought this meant it'd revert the buttons, push the right buttons for the left icons and the left for the right icons but, no, it just changes where the icons appear...which makes me question the function of the option to begin with.
Thanks for that, I've been a bit lost on the interface myself (aside from yes and no my japanese reading skills are virtually non-existent ).

I was wondering of someone 'round this here parts could provide a translation of the menus or something. Especially the shop since that's what's bugging me most.
Old 2012-11-03, 07:05   Link #3966
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

translation for the items I found on another forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfighter9
I couldn't find a proper list of shop items anywhere and the wiki page is woefully lacking, so i decided i might as well train my Japanese reading skills and make a rough translation.
These are the items that you use with a song, in the shop window its the top left button (アイテム). 2 items are still locked for me because i'm only rank A right now, i'll update when i rank up to S.
Edit: I've ranked up, added the items. They're just 'super' versions of the Z versions anyway.
My japanese is not very good (im still learning) so feel free to point out if i made any mistakes.
I also included my own opinion on each item.

All the .Z items are permanent infinite-use versions of the normal items, I didn't include a separate entry since it's all the same except for the 「消費されません」 at the end of description which means its not used up after a song. Thus you should always just buy the Z versions since you can endlessly use them, it's definitely more worth it in the long run. Only one item per song use though, and you have to go backstage to change which item is set to be used.

ターゲットサポーター
Target Supporter
ターゲット判定かちょっと大きくなります。
Target determination is a little bigger. (Increases the 'hitbox' of the target, you have more leeway for mistakes)
めざせ, フル コンボ!
Aim, full combo!

Imo this item is cheap as hell, i used it once and instant 100% SSS. It seems to upgrade all 'Good' to 'Perfect', at least that's my impression after using it.

アイコンサポーター
Icon Supporter
ロングアイコンな離しても大丈夫。
It's ok if you let go in the middle of a hold icon.
うっかりしてもこれで安心!
Don't worry about accidents!

This isn't as useful imo unless you have severe hit-and-lift-finger issues. It's still kind of cheap though, considering how it lets you autoignore all hold notes.

キラメキプラス
Kirameki Plus
キラメキメーターが上がりやすくなります。
Kirameki metre goes up faster.
これですぐにキラメキMAX!
With this, quickly max Kirameki!

Didn't even bother to buy this, not much use imo. If you want to see more of the Special PV, Theatre is there for you. Use itemslot for better stuff.

キラメキガード
Kirameki Guard
キラメキメーターが下がりにくくなります。
Kirameki metre decreases more slowly.
コンボが切れてもこれで安心
Peace of mind even if your combo breaks. (What a stupid description, as if our primary concern is maxing Kirameki.)

Even more useless than above, because you only seem to lose Kirameki on Bad.

ファンプラス
Fan Plus
ファンが増えやすくなります。
Easier to gain fans.
いつも以上にキラキラしてる!?
I'm shining more than usual!?

Exactly what it says on the tin. One of the more useful items imo, but comes at a hefty 35000 price for the Z version (normal is 3000).

ちょーファンプラス.Z
Super Fan Plus Z
Same as above, but bigger increase.

思い出プラス
Memories Plus
思い出か増えやすくなります。
Easier to gain memories.
みんあとの距離も縮まるかも?
See the distance (between you and the idols) decrease?

This increases memories gained by 50%, and imo is a must for memory farming for use in SOF. I have this on pretty much all the time.

ちょー思い出プラス.Z
Super Memories Plus Z
Same as above, bigger increase.

シンプルライン
Simple Line
メロディーラインがまっすぐになります。
Melody line becomes straight.
まずはこれで歌な覚えましょう!
Learn a song with this first!

Instead of the fancy-pantsy curly-whirly/ziggy-zaggy lines, you get ... a straight line. Useful for practice as the description says, however its only really useful for practicing when you have no idea of the relation between notes and song rhythm. When playing songs i already know i noticed no improvement at all. Also makes it kind of boring, and if i want to practice i'd rather put memories/fan plus to farm more of those.

Last edited by Kimidori; 2012-11-03 at 10:36.
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 07:41   Link #3967
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
translation for the items I found in another forum
Coolness! Now I can tackle the game a bit smarter

Btw am I the only one who wants to miss the special stars on some songs just to keep watching the anime scenes?
Old 2012-11-03, 10:36   Link #3968
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Wow, after using ターゲットサポーター Z, it seems that regular mode is easy...
But still it is expensive as hell...
Need to collect 37500 for all three games. Lucky the money is being shared by 3 games..
Old 2012-11-03, 10:46   Link #3969
Dextro
He Without a Title

btw I would like to point out that Takane singing Kimi Wa Merodi produces levels of Moe that reach lethal levels
Old 2012-11-03, 10:54   Link #3970
shinku no kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Same for me. It surprised me quite a big

Thanks for that, I've been a bit lost on the interface myself (aside from yes and no my japanese reading skills are virtually non-existent ).

I was wondering of someone 'round this here parts could provide a translation of the menus or something. Especially the shop since that's what's bugging me most.
Here's what I can give you for the shop at rank A. I'm not going to bother with the Line, Icon Set, Handclap, and Target categories as they're self explanatory. Just buy them and change them to the ones you want to use in the Backstage mode.

:SHOP:
[Item] [Line]
[Icon Set] [Handclap]
[Target] [Charm]

Items (at rank A):
-Target Supporter
-Target Supporter Z
-Icon Supporter
-Icon Supporter Z
-Kirameki Plus
-Kirameki Plus Z
-Kirameki Guard
-Kirameki Guard Z
-Fan Plus
-Fan Plus Z
-Cho~ Fan Plus Z = Increases number of fans gained greatly
-Omoide Plus
-Omoide Plus Z
-Cho~Omoide Plus Z = Greatly increases memory gained
-Simple Line
-Simple Line Z

Charms (at rank A):
-Omakase SOF no Omamori = You can choose to have the idols play songs 1 and/or 2 in SOF mode, you still have to play song 3 yourself. Reach rank A and clear SOF mode to unlock...I think.
-MC no Omamori = You can set the songs to play only either the normal or special movie clip. *to play Special you need to unlock it for the Theater mode
-Puchi Omoide Up = Hold up to 10 memories per character
-Omoide Up = Hold up to 30 memories per character
-Cho~Omoide UP = Hold up to 50 memories per character
-*unlock at rank SS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Coolness! Now I can tackle the game a bit smarter

Btw am I the only one who wants to miss the special stars on some songs just to keep watching the anime scenes?
You can watch the songs without having to play in the "THEATER" mode. You can select between the normal music clip and the special music clip by toggling between the two tabs with the L&R buttons. By selecting the special version you can view it in the special mode from the beginning of the song.

If you haven't checked out this mode yet then I should also tell you that just by watching the clips you'll receive a small increase in fans and memories for your idols.

...I need to go and get some sleep now. I stayed up all night conquering the Debut and Regular difficulty. All SSS and 100% on the Debut difficulty and All S on Regular. Current playtime at 7hrs45mins with 89000fans.

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2012-11-03 at 15:11. Reason: updated list
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 11:01   Link #3971
Azuma Denton
~AD~

^
Oh shinku...
You are the inspiration...

I am satisfied only at obtaining S rank on debut and regular...
Old 2012-11-03, 11:07   Link #3972
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
アイコンサポーター
Icon Supporter
This frickin thing really helps me to get better score at jibun restart. Seriously all those long notes were really killng me back then.

Quote:
I stayed up all night conquering the Debut and Regular difficulty. All SSS and 100% on the Debut difficulty and All S on Regular. Current playtime at 7hrs45mins with 89000fans.
lol..and here I was still struggling to get perfect score in debut & regular

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 11:10   Link #3973
shinku no kage

Well I'm only putting in all that time and effort because for one I just really enjoy the game. Another reason being is that I have a personal rule of not buying any new games (with exceptions of Limited Edition releases) until I finish the games I've got on hand to a certain extent. If this were a PS3 game then I won't be buying any new games until I've cleared this in all modes and collected a certain amount of trophies. (the number of trophies would differ from game to game as some of them may be extremely time consuming, like Disgaea 3. 25% was good enough for me on that)

As far as Shiny Festa goes I'm not planning to put it down any time soon until I get about 80%+ of the titles and most of the name cards.

Not to mention that there's probably going to be DLC content coming up for the game. A few days after release and there's still a "???" icon on the homepage. They already have "The World is All One" from the pre-order bonus so it's fairly likely that there are more DLC on the way.

...and I am just praying that they'll have "MUSIC" and the new costume as an upcoming DLC for iM@S2. Oh please, PLEASE make it happen.
Old 2012-11-03, 11:13   Link #3974
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I'm trying to get perfect combo on every song in regular and pro difficulty without any help item. (not sure if I can pull it on master difficulty though )
Old 2012-11-03, 11:18   Link #3975
shinku no kage

Attempting that on Regular is one thing but it's quite challenging to do that on the Pro and ESPECIALLY on the Master difficulty. I had retry "Jibun Rest@rt" about five times to get a full combo on that.

I wonder if there is someone out there that can play songs on the Master difficulty with the speed option set at 2x without using any items...
Old 2012-11-03, 11:38   Link #3976
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Attempting that on Regular is one thing but it's quite challenging to do that on the Pro and ESPECIALLY on the Master difficulty. I had retry "Jibun Rest@rt" about five times to get a full combo on that.

I wonder if there is someone out there that can play songs on the Master difficulty with the speed option set at 2x without using any items...
There will be. If somone can do Through the Fire and the Flames in Guitar Hero someone will be able to tackle Jibun Rest@rt as well.

Speaking of which that song is absolute hell! I can't for the life of me go above B on Regular even with items

EDIT:
Warning: incoming cuteness overload!
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube

YouTube

more videos

Last edited by Dextro; 2012-11-03 at 14:47.
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 12:42   Link #3977
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I'm sure we are going to get the new songs and costumes for iM@S 2 at some point. The one I really want is edeN and I want to hear them through my 5.1 setup.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 15:12   Link #3978
shinku no kage

Updated the shop list with rank S items.
Old 2012-11-03, 15:18   Link #3979
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Updated the shop list with rank S items.
Uhhh that's a nice rank s unlock: allowing you to pick which video to use exclusively!

Btw I just saw the special video with Yori and Yayoi singing Kyun! Vampire Girl: EPIC!

YouTube
Old 2012-11-03, 17:52   Link #3980
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So the Funky Note OVA just got subbed. Judging from how Funky Note presented its story and from how they worded it, it looks like each of the three OVA's are alternate takes on the same premise: Going to Vacation Island for an International Music Festival. The difference is which team gets to go, which means that the stories are on their own different continuities.

That said, I haven't actually finished watching it so...

*goes back to the Funky Note OVA*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s