AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-07-27, 03:43   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 834 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Early summary is out! Credit goes to YonkouProductions over at AP:

-Chapter title is "My dream". Splash features Boa Hancock.

-Sanji looks angrily at the cuffs he's forced to wear. Meanwhile, at the capital of Whole Cake Island, the people are discussing the local newspaper. According to the papers, after Jinbei declared his intention of leaving Big Mom, he went back on his words out of fear after learning of the "price" he had to pay. The people ridicule him, calling him a spineless wimp, but Brooke and Pedro, both of whom are in disguise, feel there's something fishy about the article. Soon enough, the two of them spot Pudding with Baron Tamago, who seem to be shopping for a wedding dress. As they eavesdrop on Tamago speaking to his subordinates, they find out that Big Mom is well-informed of Luffy's movements. Interestingly, it also turns out that Tamago intends to ask Big Mom to pardon Pekoms once he finds him....

-Northeast of Whole Cake Island, Pekoms is being chased by Capone's crew. Among them are Capone's wife (22nd daughter of BM, Charlotte Chiffon), and his infant son, Capone Gang Petz (or Pets). They have the mink cornered at a cliff. Capone once again tells Pekoms that human compassion is useless for pirates, but in turn Pekoms tells him not to underestimate Big Mom. Soon, a shot is fired, and the lion man falls down the cliff, where several sharks are waiting below....

-Back to Big Mom herself, she inquires Caesar as to his research. She wants him to create drugs that can give regular people giant-like bodies so she can spend more time with her family at eye-level, but Caesar had spent all the money she gave him on booze and women. The scientist says in his head that such research would be impossible to successfully complete, but lies to BM that he would have completed it were it not for the Straw-Hats. Unfortunately, Charlotte tells him that she already has a new lab much like the one from Punk Hazard prepared for him. He's quickly put to work under the supervision of Big Mom's eldest son, Perosupero. He's a "candy craftsman" who also has the powers of the Pero Pero no Mi ("pero" being the onomatopoeia for licking). He's also in possession of Caesar's heart! He tells the scientist that he has two weeks to complete the drug for them, or else he'll be turned into candy and eaten....

-Back at the Seducing Woods, Luffy is still in a pickle. He gathers together more "clones" of his friends....!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-07-28 at 15:31.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-28, 03:51   Link #2
marvelB

Okay, updated the summary a bit. So Capone's also married to one of BM's daughters (that chick who resembles Lola), and even has a son! Tamago is concerned about Pekoms after all! Caesar would rather party with chicks than make weapons for Big Mom! More confusing clone crap in the forest! All this and more, coming to a chapter near you!
Old 2016-07-28, 08:15   Link #3
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

for some reason i'm confused about big mom... she's a bad guy right?
Old 2016-07-28, 10:06   Link #4
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
for some reason i'm confused about big mom... she's a bad guy right?
Yes she would have to be or at least obsessed and insane, to make this far in the Pirate World. The only thing I'm interested in right now is the Vinsmoke part of this, everything else in the story is pretty dull. Hopefully this arc ends around 860-870.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-28, 10:14   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

So Gang Bege wants to overtake Big Mom's position as a Yonko but i don't think he will reach that because the crew that can foil that is either Big Mom's Lieutenants or surprisingly Straw Hats.

Look at Pedro and Brook's reaction towards Luffy's in peril but they have mission to be done anyway.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-28, 10:48   Link #6
itachi-san314

Good chapter. I doubt Pekoms bit it. Capone has no chance of getting what he wants in the end. And the mystery around Pedro thickens. I also liked the explanation for the huge kids at Punk Hazard.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-28, 12:41   Link #7
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I also liked the explanation for the huge kids at Punk Hazard.

I thought that was pretty obvious, considering the kids are being taken to Vegapunk for a cure. Only mystery left over from PH, is why was Law there in the first place.
Old 2016-07-28, 12:44   Link #8
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dezz View Post
I thought that was pretty obvious, considering the kids are being taken to Vegapunk for a cure. Only mystery left over from PH, is why was Law there in the first place.
What was the evidence to suggest that Caesar's experiment was being done to make people as large as Big Mom and that she ordered him to do it?
Old 2016-07-28, 12:56   Link #9
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
What was the evidence to suggest that Caesar's experiment was being done to make people as large as Big Mom and that she ordered him to do it?
He was clearly doing shady things, why make them addicts to make them WANT to stick around? And i do remember Law or someone else in that arc talking about the government in the past experimenting with turning people into Giants. The only thing that Caesar revealed was that it was Big Mom asking him to do it, not Doffy or the government.
Old 2016-07-28, 13:08   Link #10
itachi-san314

Quote:
He was clearly doing shady things, why make them addicts to make them WANT to stick around? And i do remember Law or someone else in that arc talking about the government in the past experimenting with turning people into Giants. The only thing that Caesar revealed was that it was Big Mom asking him to do it, not Doffy or the government.
The Big Mom connection is what I was talking about from the start what you said was 'pretty obvious' was something that was revealed for the first time this chapter.
Old 2016-07-28, 13:13   Link #11
P_Dezz

You said the "explanation of huge kids at Punk Hazard" dude.
Not the explanation of "who" was making him do it.
Old 2016-07-28, 15:49   Link #12
marvelB

My, I quite enjoyed this chapter! As already said, it's cool that we got an explanation for the giant kids at PH. Also, it's not much, but I actually liked that Tamago cares enough for Pekoms to attempt to get him pardoned. I wonder if he'll also become an ally? I mean, I highly doubt he'd be too happy to learn about Capone turning the lion into shark food, after all....

And yeah, more suspicious towards Pedro arise. It's still unclear as to whether or not he's friend or foe, but there's definitely something up with him. After all, the intel report specifically pointed out the whereabouts of Luffy's group, but not Pekoms or the Brooke/Pedro duo. And seeing as Pedro separated from Luffy at the coast near the forest..... well, that certainly matches up with the extent of knowledge that the jaguar man WOULD know at this point, so.... yeah. Still, if he is a traitor, then he's one darn good actor, since he looked genuinely shocked from that report....
Old 2016-07-28, 21:24   Link #13
watisit

Quote:
Caesar was also making SMILE. Law was there to screw that over.

Also, to very little surprise Charlotte was Bm's daughter. Only thing is, I wonder why she didn't have anyone strong enough to at least hold off Moria back at the time. Also, what was she doing in paradise?
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 00:17   Link #14
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
My, I quite enjoyed this chapter! As already said, it's cool that we got an explanation for the giant kids at PH. Also, it's not much, but I actually liked that Tamago cares enough for Pekoms to attempt to get him pardoned. I wonder if he'll also become an ally? I mean, I highly doubt he'd be too happy to learn about Capone turning the lion into shark food, after all....

And yeah, more suspicious towards Pedro arise. It's still unclear as to whether or not he's friend or foe, but there's definitely something up with him. After all, the intel report specifically pointed out the whereabouts of Luffy's group, but not Pekoms or the Brooke/Pedro duo. And seeing as Pedro separated from Luffy at the coast near the forest..... well, that certainly matches up with the extent of knowledge that the jaguar man WOULD know at this point, so.... yeah. Still, if he is a traitor, then he's one darn good actor, since he looked genuinely shocked from that report....
I think Pedro got unfinished business on Whole Cake Island though, something that makes even Big Mom Pirates can't just throw it aside the case.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 00:35   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
You said the "explanation of huge kids at Punk Hazard" dude.
Not the explanation of "who" was making him do it.
This is the thread for the current chapter we just read which has the Big Mom information in it. What else could I be talking about? The explanation for Caesar doing that particular experiment was Big Mom ordering him to do it to make people like her in size. It's not that difficult a concept to grasp.
Old 2016-07-29, 09:11   Link #16
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Caesar was also making SMILE. Law was there to screw that over.
If law was just there to screw that over why was he hanging out there for so long, and gave his heart to Ceasar? With his powers and haki, no one really could have opposed him in PH, and he could have easily destroyed the factory and bailed without Doffy finding out.
There's more to the reason as to why he was there in the first place...
Old 2016-07-29, 09:13   Link #17
Rainbowman

This chapter sure is full of shadiness to say the least.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 10:51   Link #18
Slayerx

Quote:
If law was just there to screw that over why was he hanging out there for so long, and gave his heart to Ceasar? With his powers and haki, no one really could have opposed him in PH, and he could have easily destroyed the factory and bailed without Doffy finding out.
There's more to the reason as to why he was there in the first place...
He was likely looking for a good opportunity/timing to enact his plan. Remember, Destroying SAD and kidnapping ceasar was only part of the plan, the other part was destroying the SMILE factory on dressrosa. Law had all he needed to take out SAD and capture Ceasar, but the same couldn't be said of going after the factor on dressrosa. That's why he ended up making his move when Luffy showed up; he realized he could use the strawhats to complete his plans.
Old 2016-07-29, 10:57   Link #19
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I don't think it's Pedro but those flowers and other objects with the humanoid faces that are listening in and revealing everything . In the panel where Brooke is wondering how it's possible they know so much you see one of those flowers on the foreground looking at Brooke. Earlier at Pudding's cafe, Pudding was accompanied by that slime and a flying carpet and in the forest you have all those trees looking at the strawhats.

It's like 1984, Big Brother Mother is watching you.
Old 2016-07-29, 11:10   Link #20
p-kun

What a coincidence that Big Mom's children that are married off that we have seen so far have happy marriages. Does she measure the groom/bride's personality and match him/her to the right child or what.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote