AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-06-08, 17:57   Link #2221
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
^If it wasn't for JR bringing it back to his knicks days with those 2 idiotic fouls and the ref's dropping the ball big time by not calling a couple extremely obvious fouls to help the warriors close that 11 point deficit, it wouldn't have even gone into overtime in the first place. Hate to say it, but the Cavs deserved to win this one. Although this game could've very easily been given to the warriors had Curry just had an average performance. (Granted, he was double teamed a lot, but he also missed enough open shots as well). Poor guy couldn't buy a bucket tonight.

Should be interesting to see if the Warriors will bounce back in hostile territory now.
Same here. The Cavaliers deserve this victory (especially after those blown calls by the referees). I'm expecting a better performance from the "MVP" in game 3.
Old 2015-06-08, 20:21   Link #2222
sayde

^^You and me both. My prediction--if the warriors lose the next game, they're done. Not sure why I feel that way though. It's just a strong hunch. God, I hope I'm wrong though.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 02:00   Link #2223
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
^^You and me both. My prediction--if the warriors lose the next game, they're done. Not sure why I feel that way though. It's just a strong hunch. God, I hope I'm wrong though.
Well, you were right (sort of). The Warriors lost game 3.

So, now after game 4 the series is tied once again. Stephen Curry played a bit better than he has in the last 2 games.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2015-06-12 at 03:26.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 09:06   Link #2224
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well, you were right (sort of). The Warriors lost game 3.

So, now after game 4 the series is tied once again. Stephen Curry played a bit better than he has in the last 2 games.
Yeah. His performance improved from the last game. However, I think the Cavs were really tired this round. Steve Kerr sort of called it at the beginning of the game when he said, they're only playing 7 people. So they're gonna get tired. And it showed. I felt like Golden State came out really aggressive in game 4. They tried to push the pace and tire the Cavs out. I mean there were a few dunks off fast breaks and transitions that wouldn't have happened in the first couple games just because the Cavs couldn't get back on defense fast enough. They were looking sluggish tonight. And while that injury Lebron got doesn't seem to be a big deal, it might've thrown him off his game a little, whether he'll admit it or not. The Cavs had no one step up tonight to give Lebron some breathing room. He basically admitted as much during his press conference. The guy couldn't sit down for all but 2 minutes in the 4th before he had to get back in because golden state was increasing their lead too quickly.

Regardless though, I want to give Golden State credit. Andre Iguodala really stepped up big time. Draymond Green also had another solid performance. And David Lee had an underrated performance as well IMO. Looking forward to game 5.

Last edited by sayde; 2015-06-14 at 23:04.
Old 2015-06-14, 22:15   Link #2225
sky black swordman

And the Warriors take game 5 in the series. They lead the series 3-2.

I didn't get to see the game (only the last 3 to 4 minutes) but, I heard Curry played well. Their words not mine. Just one more win!
Old 2015-06-14, 22:39   Link #2226
sayde

^^Curry shot lights out in the 4th. He definitely proved why he's the league's best shooter this game. I mean those contested step back 3-point jump shots he made off the dribble to help the warriors pull away with the lead were so difficult. But he made them look easy.

Even Blatt is going on record during the press conference for saying he doesn't have an answer for how to effectively handle moments like this from Curry. And give James credit. He had a great evening. 40 points and triple double is downright amazing. But it just goes to show, even that isn't gonna win a game alone. He needed more people to step up tonight. But after JR cooled off in the 2nd half, there was really no one else on the Cavs who had a profound performance. Cavs tried to play small ball tonight. And though it was a pretty tightly played game all throughout, fact is, Golden State is more used to and better used to playing that way. So it'll be interesting to see if Blatt goes back to using Mozgov more in game 6.
Old 2015-06-16, 22:59   Link #2227
sky black swordman

And it's over! The Golden State Warriors are bring the championship back to West Coast.
Old 2015-06-16, 23:01   Link #2228
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It is done. GS wins.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 23:11   Link #2229
sayde

Thank you Warriors. Because of you all, I can now joke with all my friends that I've a won a championship too. (I share the first and last name with one of the Warriors players). Not about to mention which one, but he did play a little tonight.

On a serious note though, I couldn't be happier for them. They earned it. They played exceptionally well for most of the finals against a Cavs team that just couldn't match the same intensity in the end. Congratulations Curry, Kerr, Green, Thompson, Igoudala, and the rest of the Golden State team.
Old 2015-06-16, 23:13   Link #2230
sky black swordman

Wow! Andre Iguodala gets MVP award!
Old 2015-06-16, 23:16   Link #2231
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Anyone here agrees with Iguodala as MVP over Curry? If there was a driving force among Golden State it was Curry...

Last edited by SuitUp; 2015-06-17 at 01:58.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 23:20   Link #2232
BPD Renegade

^ It came as a complete surprise. I was fully expecting Curry to get the MVP. A definite WTF? moment.

Curry made some beautiful threes these last couple games. Otherwise, it wasn't exactly a memorable or thrilling final. Refereeing wasn't too great, but since it went both ways, wasn't like one team had an advantage over the other. I was glad that the Cavs hung in there until the end though.

--Edit--
I should also disclaim that I didn't follow any previous GS games, so I'm assuming Igoudala must have put in some kind of game-changing performance earlier in the series, since they were also mentioning him a lot in Game 5...

And since we're on an anime site, I guess this is an appropriate moment to say NTR!

Last edited by BPD Renegade; 2015-06-16 at 23:44.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 23:27   Link #2233
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I thought Lebron was gonna be the finals mvp for sure. Iggy comes close to 2nd for me. Either way, both of em played phenomenally in this series

Congrats to the dubs. They played as a team, they win as a team.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 23:52   Link #2234
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Iggy was the only player who was able to effectively shut down Lebron which is a feat in itself (provided he doesn't shut himself down), so I can see his mvp being justifiable.

Although I just feel like they didn't want to give it to someone on the losing team.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 01:02   Link #2235
The 48th Ronin

LeBron may be the best player in the world, but it's the best team that win championships.

Congrats, GSW.

PS: LeBron haters (and salty bandwagoners) are gonna have a field day. Stay away from sports sites for at least a week.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 01:17   Link #2236
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

4 votes for Lebron, 7 for Iguodala... No one voted for Curry... I don't even... Not a single vote for Curry, it's laughable

Last edited by SuitUp; 2015-06-17 at 01:57.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 06:41   Link #2237
sayde

Iguodala won MVP over Curry because of three main reasons:
1.) He did a good job (or as good a job as one can do) of defending Lebron and just playing solid defense in general.
2.) He was able to step up on offense to hit the shots that needed to be made when the Cavs challenged him to be the open man.
3.) His performance was the most reliable and consistent throughout these 6 games.

Curry probably didn't get MVP because of his consistency. He had some unbelievable moments during a few games. And while there's no doubt that they wouldn't have won without his shooting, he had a couple performances where he just wasn't the same Curry. His defense couldn't compare to Igoudala's as well.

So while this caught me by surprise, I'm not really all that upset by it.

Now as for why Igoudala got MVP over Lebron? I think it only comes down to Lebron being on the losing team. Because if you take that away, then it's no contest. Lebron vastly out performed Igoudala no doubt.
Old 2015-06-18, 16:25   Link #2238
Awrya
U mad?

Thought for sure Lebron would win MVP, if Lebron got injured instead of Irving in game 1, Cleveland would probably have been swept. One reason I can think of why Lebron didn't win MVP is his shooting percentage.
Old 2015-06-18, 19:09   Link #2239
sayde

There's no good reason. Honestly. And this is coming from an anti-lebron fan. He had all the numbers to earn it. And if it was just about the numbers, he would've. No contest. Besides, he really was the only reason they got two wins and kept the other ones close all throughout (after game 1). But there are so many people out there that just feel like being on the losing team makes you automatically disqualified from being a viable candidate for the MVP title. So I think that's why he didn't win MVP this year.
Old 2015-07-07, 05:48   Link #2240
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
That was a great game with two great teams playing great basketball.

The Spurs have a lot to do this offseason and will most likely have to revamp their team.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

Based on the salaries, only the following players are locked in for next season:
Parker, Splitter, Diaw, Mills, and Anderson, taking up a total of $33.8m in salary out of a projected $66m cap for next season, and around $80m luxury tax threshold.

That leaves $32.2m for them to spend. Green will want around $7-8m, which is equivalent to Diaw's contract, leaving around $24m for them to re-sign Leonard and another 6 players to make up their bench (assuming Duncan and Ginobili take further paycuts such that the Spurs will be above the cap but below luxury tax, since the team holds their Bird rights). If they re-sign Leonard for max (around $16m, they will not have enough salary to offer the max to any free agents.

The Spurs have been linked with Aldridge, but the salaries don't seem to match up. For them to offer LMA a max contract (~$23m), they will have to choose between Green and Leonard, but not both.

I personally don't consider Leonard to be worth the max, but I think Buford will probably still offer him a max contract since the cap is expected to balloon for the 2016-2017 season, which would make $16-17m a good deal for him. The Spurs would have to tolerate one season of being out of contention though.
I have no idea how, but the Spurs front office somehow pulled it off! If the former Lakers team once had a big 4 (Payton, Bryant, Malone, O'Neal), check out what the current Spurs have!

They started with a Big 1: Robinson
To the twin towers Big 2: Duncan & Robinson (two championships)
To the Big 3: Parker, Ginobili, Duncan (two championships)
To the Big 4: Parker, Ginobili, Leonard, Duncan (one championship)
And now Big 5: Parker, Ginobili, Leonard, Aldridge, Duncan

All they need now to round off the roster is a backup SF (possibly a backup Centre too), and they're all set.

Edit: Looks like it'll be a Big 6 now with West joining them for vet minimum.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote