AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-08-13, 12:25   Link #5081
Avvesione

^
Yup, that's the only time when she actually said anything. I wouldn't be surprised to see her say something sometime in the future. Hopefully we get some Kuchinashi backstory like how she met Setsuna and Mio and formed their Girl Squad. Maybe it'd be when Blade goes to St. Rose Academy lol...
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 12:26   Link #5082
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Kuchinashi? Wrong reasons? There are no wrong reasons when it comes to Kuchinashi. =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
And yes, there's absolutely something wrong with you when Kuchinashi clings to you and you try to push her away.... But hey, come on we're talking about a guy who's constantly wearing girls clothes and passionately cries out "Father" when seeing Blade whenever he gets the chance
Keep in mind, she's hugging him practically because she's saying he looks good as a girl... and I can't think of any guy in their right mind who would want to be told they look good as a girl

Yamada may be convenient for him, but Cruz still wants to start looking like a guy again... not that this will probably happen anytime soon, of course

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 12:31   Link #5083
Avvesione

If looking like a girl would score me some points with Kuchinashi, I wouldn't mind. =P

I'm kinda wondering if Yamada has more than one set of Killer Girl clothes and Setsuna's panties. Hopefully he's not just wearing the same pair of clothes everyday... but then so is everyone else.

Ah, speaking out pairs of clothes, I wonder if Setsuna, Mio, and Kuchinashi will ever wear their Iron Mountain outfits again.
Old 2010-08-13, 12:51   Link #5084
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMi-ZeRo View Post
umm, well, Kuchinashi actually speaked once, when she used her ultimate attack, "Lilith Temptation" in the Third Shelter
I already wanted to ask you which chapter because I just couldn't find or remember it, but then I realised I hadn't checked the raws! Guess that answers my question whether she couldn't or wouldn't talk. So does anyone know why she doesn't? Is it indeed just a gimmick or does it have some sort of reason? Or do we simply don't know?

Would be nice to have a short story about how Mio, Kuchinashi and Setsuna met. I'm sure it could be very funny.

Quote:
I'm kinda wondering if Yamada has more than one set of Killer Girl clothes and Setsuna's panties. Hopefully he's not just wearing the same pair of clothes everyday... but then so is everyone else.
Well, he brought what seems to be a bag(the flowerprinted one) filled with pantsu with him in chap 63, so the most important parts are covered (they're Mio's but I'm sure she'lll lend some to her junior killergirl )

Last edited by Ynot; 2010-08-13 at 13:07.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 13:29   Link #5085
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
So does anyone know why she doesn't? Is it indeed just a gimmick or does it have some sort of reason? Or do we simply don't know?
There isn't anything really on why she doesn't use her voice but it's more of a running gag, I think. Her name (Kuchinashi) means gardenia (the flower) in Japanese. Kuchinashi can also mean "No Mouth". The gardenia is a flower known for its powerful yet pleasant scent. In Japan, the flower was used to create a yellow dye for clothes and stuff (explains the blonde hair). I'm not sure if the flower also explains the lace panties, though.
Old 2010-08-13, 13:42   Link #5086
Ynot

^ Interesting. Now that you've told me, I recognise it(kuchi-nashi). I didn't recognise Setsuna or Mio's name so I looked them up and Setsuna has "moment; instant" as a meaning which seems logical to me when taking her speed(she moves in an instant) in consideration. Can't find anything on Mio though. Do you know anything more about that, or is she simply the only one with a name without extra meaning?
Old 2010-08-13, 16:03   Link #5087
Sekirei07

Maybe it has to deal with her fragment, when we breath out of our mouths we produce smells in our breath and her fragment deals with chemicals she releases from her body. So maybe to not mess up her fragrances she does not speak.

Or she holds back in order to surprise her enemies like she did with Blade and gang to force them to breath in the fragrance

Mio is like Moe in that it has 3 letters an M and a O? >.>
Old 2010-08-13, 16:44   Link #5088
Avvesione

^
Actually, I think Mio means "beautiful cherry" which explains her red theme (mainly hair). Not sure what explains her fragment or her rabbit/bear theme or when she becomes a cat (that bow of hers sure looks a lot like nekomimi) but maybe she just loves animals.

I kinda think it's funny how Kuchinashi's most powerful attack is "Lilith Temptation". We haven't had many biblical discussions lately but I thought we might wanna look back at the Bible to see if there are any clues we can find. Lilith is believed (according to Jewish folklore) to be the first wife of Adam (who was created alongside Adam) but refused to be subservient to him (she wanted to be treated as an equal). She left the Garden of Eden and became evil.

Anyway, I always thought there'd be a Lilith somewhere in Needless. The story of Adam, Lilith, and Eve would be interesting, I think. Furthermore, Lilith plays on the theme in Needless that women are bad/evil. Not sure why Kuchinashi has her most powerful attack as Lilith Temptation though.
Old 2010-08-13, 17:04   Link #5089
Homura7

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks Riru is that Lilith, the evil wife. Afterall, Arclight calls her "his Eve".

As for why Kuchinashi's most powerful ability is named like that, I have the answer. Lilith also makes reference to the snake that tempted Eve to eat the Apple of Eden.

There's no way another Lilith exists, only Neuchwanstein was the only successful Eve. Remember Imai adapts each biblical reference the way he had planned, not as it's described in the Bible.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:10   Link #5090
Avvesione

^
Yeah, I knew that. What I was wondering is what is Kuchinashi's connection to Lilith. She isn't one of the story-heavy characters in the series and is one of the funniest (if not the most) characters, so it's strange to see her with a connection to the Bible which has been shown to be very important to the overall Needless storyline.
Old 2010-08-13, 17:23   Link #5091
Homura7

^Because she's so awesome

Oh, btw, I have a message for everyone. Tomorrow I'm going on a vacation and won't be home till saturday 21th. Don't worry, once I'm home I'll deliver the raw as soon as I can.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:27   Link #5092
Avvesione

Isn't there someone else who can get the raws off LW? I thought Kefit mentioned he had it, although he's been busy lately as well. Anyway, if no one gets it before then, it'll be out by the 21st for sure.
Old 2010-08-14, 10:33   Link #5093
Leidolfr

I just see Chapters 80 and 81 thanks to the web link YNOT has put us and I did not expect to see Eve, well ... what's left of Eve's body except his brain, because I was shocked, now just need to see more pass on, and it appears that Cruz knows who is this strange scientist who seems to know Gido time ago since he had a vision when he was in an operating room with Aruka (which she reneged on Cruz as a sister for not having fragment) and the strange scientist who had the open palm with a strange arrow turning 360 degrees.
Leidolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 10:40   Link #5094
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
They also did that in the third episode of Needless+. Lemme take a quick screencap.
Spoiler:

After seeing this twice... anyone think Cruz is gay? Who wouldn't want to have Kuchinashi hugging you like that? =P
I wanted to post the more manga similar scene.

Cruz is not gay. He's gar for Blade.
Old 2010-08-16, 09:47   Link #5095
Sekirei07

I am worried about Kefit, I sent in the finished scan 4 days ago and he has not posted or responded back to me...
Old 2010-08-16, 11:21   Link #5096
Ynot

^Can't you reach him through an instant messenger program, or write another mail simply asking what's up? He could always be having a hardware/provider problem. Anyway let's hope he's just busy and lost track of time.
Old 2010-08-16, 17:34   Link #5097
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Hey Sekirei07 you got any reason to be worried bro? I mean did he say he was ill, or that he would be on for sure in the last few days? Perhaps check with the other people of the group and find out wassup.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 21:39   Link #5098
Avvesione

Seems Kefit is alright. He posted chapter 79 just now!

http://pyupyu.wordpress.com/2010/08/...s-79-released/
Old 2010-08-16, 22:20   Link #5099
Sekirei07

I am interested in what Strom was talking about, this whole "Miracle" thing.
Old 2010-08-17, 00:06   Link #5100
Avvesione

I find it interesting that Blade not only memorizes fragments but everything about people. That was shown on the 3rd page (in the thought bubble), plus the stuff about Kafka liking horror movies (as we saw in Needless Zero II). I guess that's why Blade knows everything about Strom and maybe Voras and Mengroze. I couldn't help but try to imagine what Eve's memory world would be like...

As for the miracle Strom is talking about, I think it maybe something like the Second? Seems like Overlord would be against having the Second around.

Last edited by Avvesione; 2010-08-17 at 01:55.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen