Notices

Old 2011-12-08, 16:23   Link #641
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingmajiao View Post
Here's for Kiyosumi first..
And btw, Takei Hisa is officially > Haramura Nodoka

Spoiler for Saki power:
There was no doubt Hisa was better than Nodoka, at least to me .
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post

Hisa
We'll actually I won't contest this. (not because I'm biased or anything ) Hisa actually deserves to be a 5/5 player. She has a good eye for strategy and her superpower is not bad either getting the tile she needed from bad waits is a mental weapon against her opponents and it makes her unpredictable somewhat since you don't know if she took t a bad wait or not.

Mihoko
If Hisa is on 5/5, it also meant that Mihoko gets a 5/5 since in their last match their more or less even with Mihoko winning by a small margin. Besides this she also has a nice ability which is like the all seeing eye which allows her to plan very well. She seemed to have a good grasp of tactics. And well she did win the individuals.

Yumi
Actually, I have no problem with Yumi being a 5/5 player. For one her last match is with Koromo and Saki. Even Mihoko and Hisa will have a hard time fighting those two and from the non-canon or canon individuals Hisa does have a hard time fighting Saki even with the specific strategy that she developed and in a sense all of the other player ganging up on Saki. (And if Saki remembers that she can win with tiles other than Rinshan and not try to be predictable then it would be almost impossible. )
Besides, in the individuals Hisa and Yumi have almost the same score. And it is implied in the manga in the score sheets that when Ms. Katsudon and Hisa fought Yumi, Yumi won.

Touka
Now, the player that I really want to contest is Touka. 'Cold Touka' is easily 5/5 or even 6/5 depending on how serious Saki and Koromo played- I don't care that Koromo and Saki is not in their full power without the moon or not motivated enough. Just beating those two even when they are playing around once will qualify someone for a 5/5 and 'Cold Touka' beat them along with Ms. Katsudon several times.
Last time Mihoko was against Hisa it was in episode 23 along with Yumi and Touka and Hisa ended up the winner. But so far when those two face each other its 1-1-1. Touka not only beat Fujita, Saki, and Koromo, she destroyed them every game. I agree with all your break downs though.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 23:48   Link #642
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

all thoses just seem off to me, saki and koromo are in a league of their own but according to that theres alot more plp whos on par with them which is total bullcrap in my books
Old 2011-12-09, 14:16   Link #643
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
More weirdos...
Spoiler for Achiga-hen:
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 08:54   Link #644
night_sentinel

@ king-slayer
Kinda checked the episodes again, your right their last match in the individual resulted in Hisa winning but considering how close it is- they are probably on the same tier.

Cold Touka does really need to be bumped up as a 5/5 player at least. But, maybe the stats are released during the prefecture tournament arc.

@ Om Nerabdator
I agree with you that some stats does not make any sense. But, for the sake of discussion and since its technically canon we'll have to make do.

But, I'm pretty forgiving of the fact that Saki and Koromo has the same overall score as Hisa, Yumi and others. Mostly, because 5/5 is the highest score possible and its not possible to go higher than that.

Perhaps 5/5 denotes someone has 'pro' skills. This means that Hisa, Yumi and Mihoko has reached the level of pro. The fact that Saki and Koromo has the same score doesn't need to mean that they are at the same level, for me, it just meant that the scale can't measure their ability. If this is Dragon balls, then they would be over 9,000 on the counter.

To give an example: If Koromo's actual ability is a 6 and if Teru is measured, her actual ability is probably a 7. But, since in the scale the highest point is a 5 for someone who has pro-like skill. Then, that meant Koromo and Teru would probably get a 5 since that is the highest point awarded.

@pakkany

Yey, more Saki.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 09:38   Link #645
dingmajiao

Quote:
@ Om Nerabdator
But, I'm pretty forgiving of the fact that Saki and Koromo has the same overall score as Hisa, Yumi and others. Mostly, because 5/5 is the highest score possible and its not possible to go higher than that.

Perhaps 5/5 denotes someone has 'pro' skills. This means that Hisa, Yumi and Mihoko has reached the level of pro. The fact that Saki and Koromo has the same score doesn't need to mean that they are at the same level, for me, it just meant that the scale can't measure their ability. If this is Dragon balls, then they would be over 9,000 on the counter.

To give an example: If Koromo's actual ability is a 6 and if Teru is measured, her actual ability is probably a 7. But, since in the scale the highest point is a 5 for someone who has pro-like skill. Then, that meant Koromo and Teru would probably get a 5 since that is the highest point awarded.
In that case, Nodoka and Touka should be bumped to 5/5 too.. They can easily become pro players with improvement..
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 09:45   Link #646
Undertaker

I think instead of looking at overall rating the attribute rating is a much better indicator and are actually more telling. Especially they don't really tell you how much weight each attribute weights. It seems that the ability to disrupt, will power, luck, and latency are weighted heavier then other

My guess for the 4/5 overall rating in case for Nodoka and Touka is that both Nodoka and Touka's playing styles are to use their knowledge as basis for their decision and plays a more defensive game than offensive. Forget about Nodoka as I think she is already at playing at a level that is close to her limit and her style is too defensive to her to improve much. As for Touka, while she has the Cold Touka personality, it is random and unpredictable enough that it won't become much of her real strength not to mention she seem to loos her consciousness when Cold Touka took over. And we all know how "berserker states" are usually treated in manga....
Old 2011-12-11, 09:48   Link #647
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i hope the raws come out soon!

I cant wait to read the new ch
Old 2011-12-11, 14:10   Link #648
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
i hope the raws come out soon!

I cant wait to read the new ch
I want it nao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T_T
Old 2011-12-11, 15:19   Link #649
Undertaker

Isn't the series skipping an issue and won't be out till 16th?

BTW, I love reading Chinese version of this series. They even put in notes on how the scores is calculated, it helps a lot since I'm beginner in Majong and my parents never taught me how to score.
Old 2011-12-12, 05:40   Link #650
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Isn't the series skipping an issue and won't be out till 16th?

BTW, I love reading Chinese version of this series. They even put in notes on how the scores is calculated, it helps a lot since I'm beginner in Majong and my parents never taught me how to score.
Side-A manga will come out normally.

EDIT: Wait, it's already came out.

Some images here
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/katsu666/e/643...4e5370008d79f6

Spoiler for side-a ch.5:

EDIT2: Oh, I haven't read you guys posts carefully. It seems most of you guys already know it.

Last edited by Marina2; 2011-12-12 at 06:12.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 09:58   Link #651
dingmajiao

WOAHHHH.

raw or sub please!!! =D
Old 2011-12-12, 10:08   Link #652
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

im hoping for some more saki appearances, that one in ch3 was awesome
Old 2011-12-13, 12:42   Link #653
Marina2

Ok, Side-A ch. 5 Raw is out!!

Only 52 pages this time, but it's full of Mahjong. (Is this mean new ch. of original Saki will have 15+ pages???)

http://i.imgur.com/lvPWC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kvVdf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WMMbv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HAjtZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aAOT1.jpg

Spoiler for side-a ch.5:

I don't think you need a translation to understand this ch....
Old 2011-12-13, 14:53   Link #654
night_sentinel

Hopefully, the subs would be out soon and of course more pages for the main storyline is always welcome.

Btw, I just remembered something that might count as spoiler for achiga from the main storyline.

Spoiler for possible spoiler:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 16:04   Link #655
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:

Spoiler for possible spoiler:
no matter what they wont be able to beat terus school or the whole reason for Saki playing mahjong will be gone.
The manga should of just put achiga into the same block as kiyosumi then we would of got a proper ending for achiga since their main reason they started uup the club was to play against nodoka
Old 2011-12-13, 16:09   Link #656
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
no matter what they wont be able to beat terus school or the whole reason for Saki playing mahjong will be gone.
The manga should of just put achiga into the same block as kiyosumi then we would of got a proper ending for achiga since their main reason they started uup the club was to play against nodoka
Admittedly I am kinda of the same opinion as this, but maybe the mangaka will surprise us with a great plot twist or something?
Old 2011-12-13, 20:38   Link #657
dingmajiao

The only team they can beat is Senriyama.. Not Shiratodai though...
Old 2011-12-14, 10:30   Link #658
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

The new chapter of achiga is out ^^

Kuro really needs to stop with the Doras, she got handled easily because of it this ch.

i added a little summary on my blog
Old 2011-12-15, 13:35   Link #659
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Quote:
No need to beat Shiraitodai. From this point on, two schools advance to the next round. But they should beat Senriyama in the next round to get the second place behind Shiraitodai...
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 13:41   Link #660
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
The new chapter of achiga is out ^^

Kuro really needs to stop with the Doras, she got handled easily because of it this ch.

i added a little summary on my blog
She can't, that's the point of this chapter. It was explained if she discards a dora, she will lose the ability to draw any dora at all for quite some games. Also she learned from her mother (before she passed away) to treasure doras, so it makes no sense to disregard everything she has done and learnt so far.

edit:
It's pretty much the same as saying to Saki to stop using Rinshan Kaihou to win if people tried to disrupt her playing style, except that getting a Rinshan Kaihou will win you games and getting dora tiles won't. But you know what i mean.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri