AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-13, 20:20   Link #321
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

In my case when needing names for something I can just borrow a book of baby names from my mom. We used to be dairy farmers, and all the cows had a name of their own, so there are several of them laying around. An alternative is to look for a website with names online, you should be able to find one fairly easily.

I suppose since were on the subject, I should make my feelings on Gary Stu's and origianal charecters clear now. Like a male claymore using Youki they go out of control very quickly. It isn't abnormal for them to see other charecters reduced to incompetence, or made to act compleatly out of charecter, just so the new charecter can show off how awsome they are. When that happens, the fic really ceases to be about the seires it's supposed to be about, and becomes little more than a vessel to show off how uber the new charecter is. Well heck, look at Wikipedia's article on the Mary sue, it's all in there. This doesn't always have to be the case, but it happened enough that I have compleatly stopped reading anything featuring origianal charecters done by a writer I have no prior experince with, and thus trust. It doesn't have to be this way, for example, one could do a fanfiction featuring, say the tenth ranked Claymore, and their struggles with the former tenth ranked Claymore, now an awakened. For something like that you don't even need the main cast to show up, and yet still fit perfectly in the world of Claymore. On the other hand if the new charecter overshadows the actual castmembers, then it's going to be rancid. Well that's just my opinion anyways, and by no means is true 100% of the time.

Anyways if you want to read those fics of mine, and pleast feedback.

Last edited by Negativedark; 2007-09-13 at 20:27. Reason: accedently hit the button before done
Old 2007-09-15, 15:46   Link #322
Zatoichi8820XX

Category: Bleach
Title: Bleach X Claymore: Yoma Siege: Act 1: Trust
Chapter: 2
Chapter Title: Two Worlds
Genre: Adventure/General
Rating: Fiction Rated: T
Summary: As the two powers come together to form a rift between our
world and
the other it's up to Ichigo and Clare to fight them off.

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3775880/2/
Old 2007-09-16, 14:09   Link #323
Shizuru-chan

Send a message via ICQ to Shizuru-chan Send a message via MSN to Shizuru-chan
Just hopped by to thank all those who gave ideas what Claymore to use in a fic my friend is writing. Its gonna be a Galatea/Helen, first chapter is ready and soon it will be posted.

Old 2007-09-16, 14:25   Link #324
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuru-chan View Post
Just hopped by to thank all those who gave ideas what Claymore to use in a fic my friend is writing. Its gonna be a Galatea/Helen, first chapter is ready and soon it will be posted.

Galatea/Helen ... ho-ho ... if it's gonna be well-written, this is gonna turn out good. I'm gonna check it out as soon as the first chapter is posted.
Old 2007-09-16, 18:36   Link #325
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Definatly has potential.

I've started reviewing fics on FF.net. I haven't reviewed all the Claymore fics I've read, but I'm going to get to them all eventually. My name over there is Nega-darkwing.

Now for a preview of the next chapter of my fic wich I am about to begin writing. Warning, Pg-13 level content.
Spoiler for Spoilers for chapter 2 of my ongoing Claymore fic. I need a title don't I?:

The preciding will in no way shape or form be in the actual fic.
Old 2007-09-16, 19:48   Link #326
Zatoichi8820XX

let me guess Raki?...oh you are so bad
Old 2007-09-19, 23:20   Link #327
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Strictly brainstorming ahead...

Hmm...an AU...mixing ideas from various ideas running through my head and things that I've seen. Our 7 Ghosts, living out on a barge. If you've seen Jackie Chan's 'Myth', you know why I chose a barge. Much room to be had.

Actually, the idea came while watching re-watching Bakuretsu Tenshi just a while ago...but instead of just one 'Jo', we have multiples. Also mixing in some ideas from FMP, Highlander and the like...sorry, no mechs.

Miria = Sei (leader)
Deneve, Clare = Jo-ish
Helen = Meg
Tabatha = Ami (hacker)
Cynthia = (sometimes cook, sometimes inventor)
Uma = newbie
Raki = the one wuss BakuTen hired as the real cook.

Ophelia's in this one - you can GUESS as to who she's gonna be.
Old 2007-09-20, 01:08   Link #328
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

I have been working on a new fanfiction piece myself. this piece will include my favorite clamoye miria(YAY MIRIA), But it will also be using a human perspective in the form of one of the orgs new "men in black". It will then follow their path as the travel together(this way I can turn it into a romance at my convienence).

I'll post the draft for the first chapter on fanfiction.net soon but I'll put it up here first to get some good suggestions for my grammar style. I already have the stoyline set up until the slashers arc but first I would like to see how you all like it.

Spoiler for New Story Idea:

I hope you all enjoyed the story, this is my first attempt and i wanted to try something fresh.
Old 2007-09-20, 07:21   Link #329
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, that's new - having a romance with the MIB...*shudder* I guess that's because we all think they're deformed old men with nothing better to do than chase down hawt looking Claymores and give them inferiority complexes.
Old 2007-09-20, 09:31   Link #330
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well, that's new - having a romance with the MIB...*shudder* I guess that's because we all think they're deformed old men with nothing better to do than chase down hawt looking Claymores and give them inferiority complexes.

LOL, dont be silly tempest, everyone knows the orgs men are all pedophiles. Why do you think that they always have young claymores in their basments for "training"

PS- the man in back in my story is only about in his early twenties, as will be stated in the next chapter.
Old 2007-09-20, 14:17   Link #331
Zatoichi8820XX

I noticed something about four main Claymores

Helen: Strechy arms master the drill sword style. (Almost like a spear)
Miria: Ninjitsu
Clare: Flash Sword (Iaito style fighting)
Deneve: Auto Heal.
and also this I don't mean to stray away from the disucssion but this should give someone some Ideas

notice that the Seven Claymore's that survived the Northren War is similar to Samurai Seven:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_samurai

Kambei Shimada: Miria
Kyuzo: Deneve (See the manga and Samurai Seven)
Kikuchiyo: Helen (their personality are similar)
Heihachi Hayashida: Cynthia
Gorōbei Katayama: Tabitha
Shichirōji: Uma
Katsushirō Okamoto: Clare

ok what do you think I hope i inspired some with some ideas for a fanfic
I think that they should of been called: Shichinin no Claymore
Old 2007-09-20, 14:20   Link #332
jtrog

humorous extension for EP25 claymore

Spoiler for like 10 more minutes:
Old 2007-09-20, 17:35   Link #333
Brunhilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi8820XX View Post
notice that the Seven Claymore's that survived the Northren War is similar to Samurai Seven:

Kambei Shimada: Miria
Kyuzo: Deneve (See the manga and Samurai Seven)
Kikuchiyo: Helen (their personality are similar)
Heihachi Hayashida: Cynthia
Shichirōji: Uma
Katsushirō Okamoto: Clare

ok what do you think I hope i inspired some with some ideas for a fanfic
I think that they should of been called: Shichinin no Claymore
Kambei is a samurai and possess no phantasmic speed. Its a coincidence that they possess some level of leadership.

Kyuzo is a merciless killer who only lives to hone his skill as a Samurai and is crazy about battles the requires him to fight to the death. His personality is about as cold as a rock and shows little emotion whereas we see plenty of this shown with Deneve who even cries when she couldn't land a single hit on Rigald who killed her new found friend Undine.

Kikuchiyo and Helen, are both jokers and ice breakers in the group. This I believe are similar character designs

Heihachi and Cynthia? How?? I haven't seen Cynthia inventing anything to be honest...Nor does Cynthia feel the guilt of abandoning/betraying her friends like Heihachi did.

Didn't Gorobei feel enlightened and gain pleasure from near death experience? Somehow I must not have seen enough fo Tabitha to know she gets thrills at almost being killed.

Shichiroji and Yuma? Kambei's "right hand man." = Miria's right hand woman? Somehow I don't see Yuma in any position to be labeled as a right hand woman until she shows that shes much capable than what the mangaka give credit for. I'd like to know how you come up with the connection here and same for Clare = Katsushiro even though that seems much easier task than comparing others.

I get the feeling the connections were made because both anime features 7 warriors which is purely a coincidence unworthy to note as an inspiration for a fanfic.

Ah and lastly the link you gave linked to Seven Samurai not the anime which was named Samurai Seven as you mentioned.
Here's the link to the Characater Bios for Samurai 7
Old 2007-09-20, 18:11   Link #334
Zatoichi8820XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunhilde View Post
Kambei is a samurai and possess no phantasmic speed. Its a coincidence that they possess some level of leadership.

Kyuzo is a merciless killer who only lives to hone his skill as a Samurai and is crazy about battles the requires him to fight to the death. His personality is about as cold as a rock and shows little emotion whereas we see plenty of this shown with Deneve who even cries when she couldn't land a single hit on Rigald who killed her new found friend Undine.

Kikuchiyo and Helen, are both jokers and ice breakers in the group. This I believe are similar character designs

Heihachi and Cynthia? How?? I haven't seen Cynthia inventing anything to be honest...Nor does Cynthia feel the guilt of abandoning/betraying her friends like Heihachi did.

Didn't Gorobei feel enlightened and gain pleasure from near death experience? Somehow I must not have seen enough fo Tabitha to know she gets thrills at almost being killed.

Shichiroji and Yuma? Kambei's "right hand man." = Miria's right hand woman? Somehow I don't see Yuma in any position to be labeled as a right hand woman until she shows that shes much capable than what the mangaka give credit for. I'd like to know how you come up with the connection here and same for Clare = Katsushiro even though that seems much easier task than comparing others.

I get the feeling the connections were made because both anime features 7 warriors which is purely a coincidence unworthy to note as an inspiration for a fanfic.

Ah and lastly the link you gave linked to Seven Samurai not the anime which was named Samurai Seven as you mentioned.
Here's the link to the Characater Bios for Samurai 7
Oh sorry that was a typo I ment Seven Samurai (the aniem was good but the i saw the original movie and it was better)
But I do like the nicknames for the Miria and her group Shichinin no Claymore. It sounds better.

But what after reading what you said:

Tabitha or Clare: Shichiroji
Cynthia: Katsushirō
Old 2007-09-21, 21:25   Link #335
Zatoichi8820XX

Category: Claymore
Title: Bleach X Claymore: Yoma Siege
Chapter: 3
Chapter Title: A weird place
Genre: Adventure/General
Rating: Fiction Rated: T
Summary: As the two powers come together to form a rift between our
world and
the other it's up to Ichigo and Clare to fight them off.

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3775880/3/
Old 2007-09-22, 01:02   Link #336
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

I've just posted my the final version of the first two chapters fanfic on fanfiction.net. Please rate and review after you read, it will help me get feedback on how to improve the quality of the storyline. So to all you miria fans Enjoy
Old 2007-09-22, 06:55   Link #337
Zatoichi8820XX

about my fanfic..can someone read it and tell me what they think about
Old 2007-09-26, 07:02   Link #338
Zatoichi8820XX

Spoiler for chapter 4:

ok I feel that clare and the others needed more dialoug..can someone help me
Old 2007-09-26, 12:38   Link #339
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

I've just finished 2 new chapters to my fanfic and posted them on ff.net, I hope my readers enjoy them. Also please R&R after reading, I would appreciate it and if you review mine I would consider reviewing one of yours if you are also a writer.

LINK:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3796867/1/Guardian
Old 2007-09-26, 13:58   Link #340
Zatoichi8820XX

cool story I like it
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction