AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-09-21, 20:59   Link #41
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Seriously? o_o I don't see anything wrong with it. Besides, doesn't Shana even count? It's not even over yet....they're still making more anime.
I think he's talking about the 2nd season...
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 21:02   Link #42
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Shana season 2 was teribad.
Old 2011-09-22, 02:04   Link #43
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Seriously? o_o I don't see anything wrong with it. Besides, doesn't Shana even count? It's not even over yet....they're still making more anime.
The second season broke it so bad, I vote for completely rebooting the series.

Watch the movie for an example of them doing it right.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 02:18   Link #44
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, J.C. Staff has enough reason to change the plot in the Second Season because it does not involve Shana, Yuji or Misaki City whatsoever. The settings, plot and main characters are changed for a majority of the Second Season's counterpart in the light novels; I can even say that the part after the First Season and before the Third in the light novels are Shakugan no Shana Gaiden, a collection of sidestories that happen while Yuji's story unfolds in Misaki City.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 03:03   Link #45
Chandalen

I just want someone to FINISH Full Metal Panic ;_;
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 11:11   Link #46
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandalen View Post
I wonder why the interest in making another series seems to have subsided. They really should have released one sooner, because now mech anime seems to be less popular than it was a few years ago. From reading some of the light novels back in the day, I know they have plenty of source material to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
The second season broke it so bad, I vote for completely rebooting the series.

Watch the movie for an example of them doing it right.
As I've gotten older I've become a bit grumpier about these anime-only endings/adaptations.

I know sometimes it's unavoidable given budget/time constraints (or lack of source material), but really... Don't adapt a light novel/manga then change its storyline when it suits you financially. You're better off just not adapting it at all (well, they are better off adapting it since they make money... but for everyone else).
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 17:41   Link #47
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Rurouni Kenshin, dammit.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Zero no Tsukaima
So if I'm guessing correctly here the source material is actually... good? And the anime totally went on a tangent? Since let's face it aside from some of the character designs and personalities, everything about it was kind of terribad. Bad humor, no substance, no story, boring world, boring setting, stereotypical never-changing relationships, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandalen View Post
Off-topic, but yeah. I can only imagine some licensing disaster stopped it.
Old 2011-09-25, 01:18   Link #48
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

So if I'm guessing correctly here the source material is actually... good? And the anime totally went on a tangent? Since let's face it aside from some of the character designs and personalities, everything about it was kind of terribad. Bad humor, no substance, no story, boring world, boring setting, stereotypical never-changing relationships, etc.
Yes, the source material is very good and the anime butchered pretty much the entire series. All 3 seasons turning it into mostly fan-service and boob humor.

Also, Rozen Maiden should be restarted.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 05:01   Link #49
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Yes, the source material is very good and the anime butchered pretty much the entire series. All 3 seasons turning it into mostly fan-service and boob humor.
Eh, I felt pretty much the same regarding the light novel series going by the B-T translations. Being in text it naturally had less gratuitous and disgusting oppai fanservice, but it wasn't that interesting of a series in the first place.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 06:32   Link #50
mechdra

Rozen Maiden
Code Geass
Itsuka Tenma Kuro Usagi
Slam Dunk
Soul Eater
Gundam SEED
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 07:08   Link #51
brocko

^ Slam Dunk is fine. No need to reboot that, it just needs to pick up where it left off. Same goes for REC like what someone else mentioned earlier. Code Geass was also an original story too so there's nothing to really follow or "faithfully stick to" even if there was a reboot.

Shows I feel that were mis-handled, poorly adapted and would benefit from a FMA:BH type remake off the top of my head would include Tsukihime and Negima.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 07:35   Link #52
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@brocko

Maybe he's thinking along the lines of "remastered", ie. don't change nothing, just make it look better/modern; like they do now with some games.
Old 2011-09-25, 07:51   Link #53
brocko

As long as things don't look too out of place like GiTS 2.0 or they don't use it as an excuse to re-sell/re-hash the same old thing again like DragonBall Kai where they only bothered to re-do the OP, i can get down with that idea

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2011-09-25, 07:55   Link #54
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
As long as things don't look too out of place like GiTS 2.0 or they don't use it as an excuse to re-sell/re-hash the same old thing again like DragonBall Kai where they only bothered to re-do the OP, i can get down with that idea
Yeah, now that you mention it, does the animation industry even have a good record of doing things like this? Negima sort of got remastered when it was picked up again but technically the series were different.

Hm. Evangelion? [edit] nah
Old 2011-09-25, 09:01   Link #55
mechdra

For Evangelion, isn't the movie good enough? Shinji is a lot better than before (Thanks to Simon)

I believe Negima would not be that easy to reboot or a remake because it is an evolving storyline.

Tsukihime is basically dead, we are now talking about Melty Blood. I believe chances for it being animated is very high with Carnival Phantasm being around.

Gundam V would be a good one since Tomino said that the series is his worst work.

Shuffle needss a remake since it is still popular.
Old 2011-09-25, 09:03   Link #56
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Shuffle needs a remake since it is still popular.
Is it really?

Oh and as I recall Touho got a remake; if we can even consider the original blasphemy even a series. Then again it died after one episode...
Old 2011-09-25, 09:22   Link #57
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
...they don't use it as an excuse to re-sell/re-hash the same old thing again like DragonBall Kai where they only bothered to re-do the OP, i can get down with that idea
Actually, beside redid the OP & ED, thay also remastered/clean the picture and upscaled it into HD material. Also, they added some newly-animated scenes specifically made for Kai. Of course they don't totally remake it coz some people considered the original anime as classic (not me, btw). I always consider Kai to be a better-paced DBZ, but nothing beats the manga. Still, it IS a re-sell/re-hash just like you said.
Old 2011-09-25, 09:48   Link #58
brocko

^ Yea even though they did touch it up, it was still pretty much 90% of the same old stuff which was slightly disappointing to see... =/ Imagine if they had gone back and gave the entirety of Kai the same treatment as the new OP and ED. Godlike.

But now that Shuffle! has been brought up though, I've been recently wondering for quite a while now what made Shuffle! so big at the time when it was still airing?

I don't think it was because it was the first big visual novel turned anime or anything like that since there was already DaCapo and Canvas before it. Harem shows existed way before it too, so it's not like it manage to put Harem shows on the map either. It couldn't have been the guess who factor since DaCapo and Canvas again beat it to the punch. Maybe it was the first adaption to actually try and go through the different routes as best they can? (or one of the first alongside Air during the same seaon) I mean there must've been something behind it's popularity right?

Was it all just a simple case of the original game being insanely popular or is there something more to it that I'm missing???

Old 2011-09-25, 09:58   Link #59
mechdra

Episode 2 for Touhou is coming with Youmu and Tutuko in it. Preview is out as well.

Shuffle is popular because we have one of the earliest yandere in anime and the guy is a pure fag.
Old 2011-09-25, 10:39   Link #60
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
^ Yea even though they did touch it up, it was still pretty much 90% of the same old stuff which was slightly disappointing to see... =/ Imagine if they had gone back and gave the entirety of Kai the same treatment as the new OP and ED. Godlike.
If Dragon Ball is gonna be remade, I certainly don't want TOEI to do it. In my opinion, that studio has been producing animes with LOW-level animation and some of the worse seiyuus. I still can't stand the voice of the adult Goku till this very second and some voices in One Piece are bad too . I want a proper studio to do it. Imagine if DB has decent seiyuus and animation like Utawarerumono or To Aru Majutsu Index for example.

Hmm... is Shuffle!'s main hero kinda frigid or what?