AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2013-04-03, 23:23   Link #41
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

This gloating is annoying. I want my rep back so I could negrep your arses and watch you rage.

Especially annoying is the people who think that high reppers were some sort of overwhelming uniform cliques that silenced all opposition and now you're all free citizens of an egalitarian republic revelling against the evil ancien régime. What, were you so much of a bunch of wimps that little internet dots scared you into silence against speaking out your strongly held beliefs that your OTP is God's own OTP and that other bitch really needs to die?

Humour mode 90%, disclaimer because internets, text & tone, sarcasm radar malfunction, etc.

The 10% part involves genuine confusion at how many people actually believe they were oppressed. Huhwhuh? Like TheFluff couldn't troll when there was rep!

Anyway, I still want that no-rep, comments-only system we've talked about which seems to have some support, ala Vexx-san. But low priorities, frankly. Get that forum move stuff done first (if ever :P).
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 23:25   Link #42
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Posters of the world unite.
You have nothing to lose but your negs

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 23:56   Link #43
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
This gloating is annoying. I want my rep back so I could negrep your arses and watch you rage.

Especially annoying is the people who think that high reppers were some sort of overwhelming uniform cliques that silenced all opposition and now you're all free citizens of an egalitarian republic revelling against the evil ancien régime. What, were you so much of a bunch of wimps that little internet dots scared you into silence against speaking out your strongly held beliefs that your OTP is God's own OTP and that other bitch really needs to die?

Humour mode 90%, disclaimer because internets, text & tone, sarcasm radar malfunction, etc.

The 10% part involves genuine confusion at how many people actually believe they were oppressed. Huhwhuh? Like TheFluff couldn't troll when there was rep!

Anyway, I still want that no-rep, comments-only system we've talked about which seems to have some support, ala Vexx-san. But low priorities, frankly. Get that forum move stuff done first (if ever :P).
Rawr!!! (yeah, survive the server move first).
Old 2013-04-04, 02:03   Link #44
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

We really should get Yuusha to just teleport the servers so that moving it would be so easy.
Oh wait, I take that back. There's a chance that the servers would clip the ceiling or something.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 00:41   Link #45
Suomi
Kaiba

Yeah, I like the comments only idea. Along the lines of what Relentlessflame said, maybe like a "brieflycomment directly to (user)--x characters/words max" The maximum characters or words because if it gets too long, better to make it a VM or PM.
Old 2013-04-05, 09:52   Link #46
Blackbeard D. Kuma

You guys made the right choice. I was never a fan of the rep system. Not to mention that it was proven to be misleading at times with certain members being disrespectful and arrogant while having high reps. And of course, people negging you for having an opposing opinion. That being said, I commend your decision AS staff .
Old 2013-04-05, 10:03   Link #47
sa547
*Author

You ask me, the removal of the rep system now levels the playing field, thus eliminating the negrep sniping, and I'm glad for that.
Old 2013-04-12, 10:28   Link #48
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

/just passing by
I honestly did not even noticed the rep system going away until a minute ago.

If reddit has taught me anything, it is that going against the popular opinion, even when points are presented in a clean and logic fashion, goes directly to the downvote hell.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 00:38   Link #49
Vajra
So Like A Rose

I've noticed a lot of V-Bulletin style forums have a "thanks" system to use if you found this post helpful. Though I suppose that has already been brought up in the other discussion...
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 00:14   Link #50
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm fine with the way things are running now. I definitely think this is better than the old rep system; so if anything, I wouldn't want to see it back the same way.
Old 2013-04-29, 15:03   Link #51
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phirk View Post
I've noticed a lot of V-Bulletin style forums have a "thanks" system to use if you found this post helpful. Though I suppose that has already been brought up in the other discussion...
I've seen quite a lot of forums contain either a Like or Thanks option myself as well.
It is basically a way to appreciate someone's post without the need of posting or having any kind of Reputation System.
Pure simple, the helper gets the message that the response was appreciated and that's that.
I don't know if this was already brought up before, but it sure sounds like a nice and complex adding.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 17:54   Link #52
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Lets's copy what Yahoo has... Thumbs up or Thumbs down for the said post...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 18:11   Link #53
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I have to disagree. This will squash meaningful discussion so fast it'll make your head spin.

Thumbs up/Thumbs down tends to create an echo chamber, as those with the "right" opinions eventually drive away everybody else as everybody else gets tired of getting 'Thumbs downed' simply for voicing a relatively unpopular opinion.
Old 2013-04-29, 18:45   Link #54
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I have to disagree. This will squash meaningful discussion so fast it'll make your head spin.

Thumbs up/Thumbs down tends to create an echo chamber, as those with the "right" opinions eventually drive away everybody else as everybody else gets tired of getting 'Thumbs downed' simply for voicing a relatively unpopular opinion.
Well, but the good thing is it shows which posts are interesting for the readers... Not all people are the same and appreciates lengthy, informative post that takes a minute to read. Some prefers two sentences that is brief and direct to the point and not some that a two, three paragraphs long.... running around the bush... throwing complicated words that many with need a dictionary just to understand....

I don't say that those are boring.. but the sad thing is that....only few reads them.... but I might be wrong here....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 20:12   Link #55
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
We need to encourage more reading, not less though.

Then again it's okay if people don't read. It's the #1 reason why one makes a fool of themselves when they go against Archon. They tripped before even getting in, so to speak.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 22:49   Link #56
Eragon
Still Alive

I think the mods were pretty clear about not wanting thumbs up/down, likes/dislikes since it brings us back to square one.

The forum is running fine, for now, without feedback system. Better to keep it that way.
Old 2013-04-29, 23:24   Link #57
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Well, but the good thing is it shows which posts are interesting for the readers...
Reading the first 1-2 sentences should probably cover that most of the time. And, just because I may thumb something down, doesn't mean its not worth you reading it.

Quote:
Not all people are the same and appreciates lengthy, informative post that takes a minute to read.
You seem to be Exaggerating. I've come across some very lengthy posts here, but they are very few and far in-between, and I seriously doubt they are numerous enough to complain about(though I admit, I frequent only a few forums here). Besides, if you only want to read brief 1-2 line comments, a forum is probably not the best place for that.

Quote:
Some prefers two sentences that is brief and direct to the point and not some that a two, three paragraphs long.... running around the bush... throwing complicated words that many with need a dictionary just to understand....
If you don't like to read posts full of actual content, you can skip them : /

Quote:
I don't say that those are boring.. but the sad thing is that....only few reads them.... but I might be wrong here....
You probably are wrong, but how did you quantify that?

This is a discussion forum, not a comment section. Generally, the posts in a forum are actually meant to have relatively more content, as the whole purpose is to encourage more discussion, not to be full of quips and funny one-line comments –there are quite a few other outlets for that type of interaction. This is precisely what makes forums unique and why they've survived amidst all the other hype; they provide a place for a more involved type of discussion, and total immersion in some topic. I think its best to let it be what it is.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 01:15   Link #58
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I think the mods were pretty clear about not wanting thumbs up/down, likes/dislikes since it brings us back to square one.

The forum is running fine, for now, without feedback system. Better to keep it that way.
I'll quote your post, Eragon, but this goes to everyone.

I personally did not mean to have any kind of Feedback system, just a Thank-you option and maybe an ability to write a small explanation about it that would only be seen by the one that has received it. It would more or less be a quick-link PM to say thanks to someone, since in the end, it would be more or less a PM, unless all the appreciations would be counted. Keep in mind that if they would be counted, only the overall number would be shown, but every single appreciation would be kept hidden to everyone else to avoid any side-feelings.

On the other hand, the idea of Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down. I cannot say I'm a really big fan of the idea to have a Thumbs Up, but I clearly have no intention of having a Thumbs Down option. If someone disagrees with someone, that should be explained in a post, not by Thumbing someone down and giving new members that come to read the discussion a negative feeling (Same goes for Trolls on YouTube).
I hope you see what I mean.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 04:47   Link #59
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Personal experience with this say it would go exactly the same as old rep, except it's public on a post level instead of cumulative, since it's anonymous and fuels fires for flame wars.

So strongly against it.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 11:47   Link #60
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
However, if people think the removal of the reputation system has allowed other people's voices to be heard any louder, then I think they are dead wrong. I have noticed no difference in who actively voices their opinion and who are actually making the more thoughtful, constructive posts. In fact, it's the same old, same old as far as I am concerned.
One thing has changed for sure though, nobody is bitching about being negrepped anymore.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote