AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-02-03, 18:31   Link #21
Catafriggm

So many Madlax songs you could call my "favorites". Hitomi no Kakera, Fall on You, Lost Command (this was actually the one that first made me take notice of the Madlax music), Hearts, Bank on Me, Madlax, Inside Your Heart, etc.

Thanks for the advice, all. I'll have to check those out.

Heh, looking at Radiosity's signature, I might add that another one of my favorites is Yui Horie's Yakusoku, from Love Hina (which I also like the symphonic music on the second OST CD very much).
Catafriggm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 18:52   Link #22
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
That should do for now - although Madlax's OST is that good?
I'd wholeheartedly suggest picking it up, there are a lot of really nice pieces on it. Oh, another that just sprang to mind is The Story Begins, quality tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catafriggm
Heh, looking at Radiosity's signature, I might add that another one of my favorites is Yui Horie's Yakusoku, from Love Hina (which I also like the symphonic music on the second OST CD very much).
Nice tune again. Yui is just too cool

I'd also agree on Valdra's thoughts on Tsubasa Chronicle, there are some nice pieces but mostly it doesn't live up to Yuki's usual level of production. Song of Storm and Fire, Through the Gate, Ship of Fools, Break the Sword of Justice, and Storm and Fire (a mellow version of Song of storm and fire) are all worthy of a mention.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 06:24   Link #23
GokuJunior

Send a message via MSN to GokuJunior
Yuki Kajiura is my favourite composer!!! The first time I heard her music I've finally realized what real music is like, it's just GREAT.
Of course now I've heard a lot of musics from her and seen numerous animes from Bee Train with her songs, great combo
Noir OSTs, Madlax OSTs, Tsubasa Chronicle, Hack, Mai HiME, Mai Otome, Loveless, Chrno Crusade ED, Le Portrait de Petit Cossette... All great anime with great music, she's simply the best of all
Hear first, comment later

Last edited by GokuJunior; 2006-02-19 at 07:08.
GokuJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 10:21   Link #24
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Her latest, the Mai Otome 2nd OST is some of Kajiura's most inventive work since the Madlax OSTs. I find this ironic as the first Mai Otome OST was not up to her usual standard at all. I was beginning to fear she'd slipped into self parody with 'Materialize' which was awful.

I wonder if she'll be doing the .Hack/Roots OST? I know she's doing the OP, which is encouraging...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 19:25   Link #25
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Her Madlax work is pretty good, but honestly, ever since then it just sounds like she has been mailing it in. my Hime was absolutely bland.

I think she peaked with Noir and Madlax and has now jumped the shark.
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 09:56   Link #26
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

The Hime OSTs were pretty forgettable, as was Otome Vol1. Thankfully Vol 2 is a welcome return to form and sounds closer to .Hack than her other recent efforts. If she is doing .Hack/Roots we should be rejoicing as Koichi Mashimo (director of Noir and Madlax) is onboard for Roots, and he seems to get the best out of Kajiura...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 21:02   Link #27
KONIcchi

Yuki Kajiura is my FAVOURITE composer. I reallly like all her works though... In fact i like her more than Yoko Kanno. I've watched Cowboy Bebop and I'm not into the music at all..... Maybe CB is not my kind of musicl.. hehe.

Anyway, i do love her music such as Mai-Hime (all OST-really love Mezame), Mai-Otome (I like Materialize! Sei Otome...etc., I prefer the 2nd one. ), Petit Cossette (love it!), Tsubasa Chronicles (all 4 soundtracks), .hack//Sign(the one that introduced me to the composer world... Actually, b4 knew her I never really care who composed the song/music I like...except for Nobuo Uematsu who did for FF7 game), .hack//Liminality(<3), Noir (got all 3 soundtracks), Madlax, Erementar Gerad, Xenosaga Ep.II/III (maybe soe people said it's not a good music, but I think it suit the game really well...) err, the conclusion is I LOVE all her music. My all time favourite composer.
KONIcchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 12:22   Link #28
allexiel

I say everywhere she is the best
I have all of her tracks...

For suggesting you, it's easy, nearly everyhting has been said

Tough I would like to mention I listened yesterday to her last OP chez did...
check out on my blog http://www.fictionjunction.be

May I add this albums too to the list?:

The velveteen rabbit,
FictionJunction Yuuka - Destination
Boogiepop and others
Hack Liminality

And you should definitaly... listen two the 2 Noir albums... I'm sure you won't find it that bad
allexiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 12:23   Link #29
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i love Kaijura's music, she's one of my favorites, even when i dont follow the series she composses for i still check it out,
but did anyone notice that some songs on the Tsubasa Chronicle OST 4 sound almost the same as some used in the Mai Otome series?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 17:18   Link #30
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

To my mind, Kajiura's level is diving after she worked on Petite Cossette which was her last excellent OST.... Eremental Gerad is to me the worst OST she made, My HiME wasn't that great and Otome-Tsukabsa were just.... flat.

She is working on the new Hokuto no Ken Saga (not Soten no Ken but Shin Kyûseishu Densetsu). The first movie Raoh densetsu movi aired last spring and will be released on dvd the 27th of October, and the first OVA Yuria densetsu is said to air next spring.... but no words on OSTs.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 22:00   Link #31
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONIcchi View Post
Xenosaga Ep.II/III (maybe soe people said it's not a good music, but I think it suit the game really well...)
I'll second that. Not all the songs are brilliant, but there's a good number of them that are. Some may require the context of the game for their full impact, but there are others that stand very well on their own.

I'm listing some of my favourites here. Given that she's really the queen of using the voice as an instrument (i.e. not using real lyrics), I'll mark such vocal pieces with an asterisk (*).

Xenosaga II:
- "Image Theme of Xenosaga"* (mix of "In the Beginning, There was ..."* and "Fatal Fight"*)
- "Xenosaga Opening Theme" (along with the variations as Sakura's theme, and the vocal (real lyrics) ending theme "Sweet Song")
- "Jr"* (and a slower version "Jr#2"*, as well as instrumentals "Jr#3" and "Jr#4")
- "Here She Comes(KOS-MOS)"

Xenosaga III:
- "We've Got to Believe in Something"*
- "Promised Pain"*
- "Testament"*
- "Hepatica (KOS-MOS)"* (although I'm a bit fonder of the purely instrumental "Hepatica#2")
- "Godsibb"*
- "To the Last Place"

"We've Got to Believe in Something" and "Promised Pain" probably rank up there with "Mezame" as three of my favourite Yuki Kajiura vocal songs.
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 22:42   Link #32
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Kajiura Yuki is among the best music composers out there (on par with Yoko Kanno & Nobue Uematsu). I must admit, her music style is weird at first (I had listened to one of the songs in .hack//SIGN OST and I was like, "why it sounds so different?") and I had troubles adapting to it at first. But after times, I grew attached to her music. Now I have collections of her songs from Noir, .hack//LIMINALITY, Chrno Crusade (I really love its ED- Chiba Saeko FTW) Madlax, Xenosaga II & Mai HiME; I'm going to add in more music masterpieces in my must-have list.

I knew that Kajiura Yuki had worked with NAMCO (now NAMDAI) as the composer of Xenosaga II. Now, I'd really like it if she could contribute her music in the next Ace Combat instalment; I find some of the songs really suit the game environment.

(pss... Zero, anyone?)

Last edited by USB500; 2006-10-17 at 22:44. Reason: add some stuffs
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 23:29   Link #33
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Although this season Kajiura didn't compose OST for any shows, she did compose some OPs. I recommend you to check out the OP for Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto. That one is pretty good.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 03:37   Link #34
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

"Xenosaga II Jenseits von Gut und Böse MOVIE SCENE SOUNDTRACK" is excellent. It starts with with a celtic opening called "in the beginning, there was...". Followed by some bittersweet symphony with many electronic elements. It's hard to find any words for what yuki kajiura did on this soundtrack, but that's her.
"Xenosaga III Also sprach Zarathustra ORIGINAL SOUND BEST TRACKS" is the second Xenosaga soundtrack done by her. It's still very good, but the movie scene soundtrack is by far better, in my opinion.
Well, in the end it depends on the listeners taste. Both soundtracks are a good choice.

Aesir
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 09:02   Link #35
allexiel

Xenosaga II and III were indeed made by Yuki Kajiura.
What's really interesting in the II one, is the voice!

Yuki used a english singer, Deb Lyons (deborah). It's so unusual for her to use singers outside japan. Well she did use Deb on her Fiction Album, for the re-recording of "Canta per me", but now they both did an amazing job.

It's nice to see Deb also worked with Emily Bindiger I'm sure it's Emily who introduced Deb to Yuki!

I personnaly prefer the II too . Even if some vocal songs on the III are amazing: Gidsibb (by Eri Itoh!!!!) and maybe tomorrow!
Old 2006-10-24, 03:36   Link #36
KalZion
Animaniac

Her song "You are my love" in tsubasa chronicles totally rocks!
KalZion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 03:21   Link #37
allexiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalZion View Post
Her song "You are my love" in tsubasa chronicles totally rocks!
You have 2 versions of that songs
One sung by Eri Itoh, the other by the Sakura-seiyu
Old 2006-11-05, 09:14   Link #38
Axis
Yuusha-Oh

Send a message via MSN to Axis Send a message via Yahoo to Axis
She's really bloody great.

I loved all her works in Tsubasa Chronicles, especially "You Are My Love." Sakura's seiyuu sung like an angel...
Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 00:01   Link #39
vrdabomb5717

Her songs are awesome. No other comment needed.

Akatsuki no Kuruma (Gundam Seed,) Honoo no Tobira (Gundam Seed Destiny, ) and her newest song, Kouya Ruten, from Bakamatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto, are three of my most favorite Jpop songs of all time.
vrdabomb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 17:48   Link #40
Infinite Freedom
Bonjour

I am crazy for Akatsuki No Kuruma and Honoo no Tobira...

In fact... the only songs that i listen to while doing things on computer are gundam seed and destiny songs... and akatsuki no kuruma is my all time favorite...
Infinite Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote