AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-27, 00:44   Link #201
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Yeah I know that and Clare is 47 . My question let me rephrase it ( I have read only till Vol 7 )

Would it not be demeaning for the number one Claymore to go hunting around Yoma . ? Seeing the level of skill Teressa posses even a dozen yoma are canon foodder for her .
you are forgetting the order attitude toward claymores. A claymore is nothing more then a tool. A higher level claymore is just a sharper tool no different from a sharper saw.
Old 2007-04-27, 08:53   Link #202
Astral100

Besides, it's not like there are awakened beings available for slaying all the time. Awakened beings are pretty rare happenings, so most of the claymore's duty consists of slaying normal yomas found around their region. Besides even if organization knows about an awakened being it doesn't do anything about it unless it receives a specific order from some village to kill it. And as we know it, most of the awakened beings are either smart enough to avoid being reported or strong enough to kill any potential reporters/witnesses or both. So taking all of that into account it seems pretty normal that most of the time Teresa was hunting normal yomas and not awakened beings.
Old 2007-04-27, 19:37   Link #203
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltrain View Post
what ever happened to kid that became the main character cook?
1) He's not the main character
2) He's living with another character at the moment
Old 2007-04-27, 22:59   Link #204
liujeffqi

Send a message via AIM to liujeffqi Send a message via MSN to liujeffqi
Quote:
what ever happened to kid that became the main character cook?
so far we don't know much about him in the new arc since he haven't show up yet. however he is not main character so we could careless about him until he show up. all we know by now is He was last seen living with the girl Clare want to kill most.
Old 2007-04-28, 19:20   Link #205
Mandrake

I wonder if Raki will become a new generation Galk after these 7 years :O

Last edited by Mandrake; 2007-04-28 at 20:26. Reason: *found it*
Old 2007-04-29, 20:14   Link #206
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
What ever happened to kid that became the main character's cook?
Fixed because it seems alot of people misunderstood the sentance.
Old 2007-04-29, 22:24   Link #207
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

ok i know i sound supid but where can i find Claymore chapters online in eng. i have been looking forever help me plez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-04-29, 22:29   Link #208
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

i have read vols. 1 through 7 just so u people know
Old 2007-04-29, 23:12   Link #209
herbert

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=744

This is a post from anime thread by Guido. I wanted to reply there but feared doing spoiler so I post my response here.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-29, 23:29   Link #210
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=744

This is a post from anime thread by Guido. I wanted to reply there but feared doing spoiler so I post my response here.
Spoiler:
Seconded.

Spoiler:

And to reply to Enara, since volume 7 is how far the english scanslation has gone, you will have to wait for more.
Old 2007-04-30, 18:25   Link #211
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enara View Post
ok i know i sound supid but where can i find Claymore chapters online in eng. i have been looking forever help me plez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only vol 1-7 has been release.

If you read chinese there are couple of chinese sites. But no English site. I don't believed Clyamore was ever pickup by any scanlation group before it was license and i don't see any group picking it up now that it has been license.
Old 2007-05-01, 06:44   Link #212
alanmh

Send a message via AIM to alanmh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Only vol 1-7 has been release.

If you read chinese there are couple of chinese sites. But no English site. I don't believed Clyamore was ever pickup by any scanlation group before it was license and i don't see any group picking it up now that it has been license.
Actually Inane had begun scanlating Claymore to English, but dropped it once it was licensed by Viz Media. Unless a scanlation group starts scanlating the as-of-yet unpublished volumes 9-12, we'll have to wait until Viz releases volume 8 in June, volume 9 in August, etc.
Old 2007-05-03, 00:31   Link #213
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Good grief, 40 over pages already in this thread. I'm late to the game as usual. I've long noticed the Claymore manga at local stores, but never took it up. The cover art appealed to me, but I reigned in the temptation to buy on impulse (I make that mistake all the time, especially when it comes to "glossy" magazines ).

So far? I actually find myself liking this series, just from watching the five episodes so far. The character designs, strangely enough, remind me of Twelve Kingdoms (especially the prominent upper lip that some have pointed out. I seem to recall seeing similar designs in Twelve Kingdoms as well; whatever the case, I happen to find it attractive ). And is it just me, or do the Youmas remind anyone of the chiroptera from Blood+? As for the music, meh, I don't like as much, but that's just my opinion.

Regarding criticisms about this being your stereotypical story of an ultra-tough but good-looking, sword wielding heroine with a dark past....well yes, they are valid criticisms, lol. However, I for one don't mind cliched premises as long as the characters and story are presented well, and hopefully from an original angle.

After all, if you think about it, what else is there out there that hasn't already been done before? Everything is cliche. Even Shakespeare was guilty of re-interpreting popular material for his plays, but in doing so, he made the material his own. From what I've seen so far, I think this series has potential. I'll be watching it closely.
Old 2007-05-03, 01:03   Link #214
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm sure that this will be troublesome for a few people, but it should be helpful for many more folks. I'm going to end this thread and replace it with two new ones.

Unfortunately there are two separate discussions going on in this one thread and sometimes they overlap in spoilerific ways. One discussion is about the English translation of the manga which is up to volume 7. The other discussion is about the original Japanese manga which is up to volume 12. The new threads can be found here:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread