AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-29, 11:30   Link #281
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't know... even from what we've seen as anime viewers, I don't think there's anything to suggest either of these girls would deliberately lie about something like that. I suppose it's possible, but I doubt it. Even though he has a problem with his memory, they don't know if his memory might come back, or if there's anyone who could contradict their stories if they just made it up. And besides, just because he believes them (at least for now) doesn't mean he's going to go along with their advances.
Kind of odd though, that so far at least he hasn't followed up on their claims. He has at least the name of someone his dad supposedly used to hang out with that he could collaborate with the secret service, and the name of someone who supposedly was in the hospital at the same time he was.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 13:29   Link #282
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Kind of odd though, that so far at least he hasn't followed up on their claims. He has at least the name of someone his dad supposedly used to hang out with that he could collaborate with the secret service, and the name of someone who supposedly was in the hospital at the same time he was.
Well, keep in mind that, for all I know at least, the next episode could start with Ikusu saying "I checked out the stories for those two girls and they seem to be telling the truth". There hasn't actually been a big opportunity in the story for that research to occur yet.

That said, while it would be suspicious if their stories didn't check out, I still don't think there's a good reason for them to lie about something others could verify. And, assuming their stories do prove true, it doesn't really eliminate the possibility of them being lost siblings either, whether the girls know it or not. So, based on that, I'm not sure it's all that urgent to validate their claims at this point, particularly given that there are lots of other unexplored possibilities right now.
Old 2012-07-29, 14:54   Link #283
vampko

Quote:
Well, keep in mind that, for all I know at least, the next episode could start with Ikusu saying "I checked out the stories for those two girls and they seem to be telling the truth". There hasn't actually been a big opportunity in the story for that research to occur yet.

That said, while it would be suspicious if their stories didn't check out, I still don't think there's a good reason for them to lie about something others could verify. And, assuming their stories do prove true, it doesn't really eliminate the possibility of them being lost siblings either, whether the girls know it or not. So, based on that, I'm not sure it's all that urgent to validate their claims at this point, particularly given that there are lots of other unexplored possibilities right now.
Keep in mind, the sibling knows she's related. The funeral scene says as much.
vampko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 15:02   Link #284
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampko View Post
Keep in mind, the sibling knows she's related. The funeral scene says as much.
Well, that's what we're being led to believe, anyway. But even that aside, there's no reason they can't be telling the truth about the way they interacted with him in the past, but still withholding the fact that they're related if they know it. So just testing these particular alibis doesn't really prove or disprove the sibling question.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:21   Link #285
ReddyRedWolf

I know this is a remote possibility.

What if Shougo's dad had a daughter by donating his sperm? Hence he did not commit infidelity.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 17:10   Link #286
Snuffle
likes cute things

Random thought:

Is the "imouto" at the funeral even related to him by blood? Since Japanese tend to call people they feel close with different names, couldn't she just be calling him onii-chan because she only thinks of him that way? She might not even be his real sister. Thus the real imouto is somewhere else?

I'm probably just having really wild and random thoughts atm.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 17:59   Link #287
vampko

Quote:
Well, that's what we're being led to believe, anyway. But even that aside, there's no reason they can't be telling the truth about the way they interacted with him in the past, but still withholding the fact that they're related if they know it. So just testing these particular alibis doesn't really prove or disprove the sibling question.
But then you look at the emotions and such of the girls when they said what they said. And then that they haven't lied to him at all. They've been truthful with him the entire time. Why would they start lying now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Random thought:

Is the "imouto" at the funeral even related to him by blood? Since Japanese tend to call people they feel close with different names, couldn't she just be calling him onii-chan because she only thinks of him that way? She might not even be his real sister. Thus the real imouto is somewhere else?

I'm probably just having really wild and random thoughts atm.
I think she specifically said she was blood-related, but it's been a long time since I saw the first episode so I can't be certain.

Either way, we know that he has a half-sister out there somewhere. That much is for certain.
Old 2012-07-29, 18:10   Link #288
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
But then you look at the emotions and such of the girls when they said what they said. And then that they haven't lied to him at all. They've been truthful with him the entire time. Why would they start lying now?
Well, if you look back further to the context, that was actually my underlying point -- that I don't think he has reason to believe they're lying. The follow-up was "I'm surprised he didn't check", to which I said the above: "even if they're telling the truth about this, it doesn't answer the sibling question". So yeah... in general terms, I agree with you that I don't think he has particular reason to mistrust them at this time.
Old 2012-07-29, 19:32   Link #289
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Nyantype NSFW:
Old 2012-07-29, 19:43   Link #290
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
I'm hungry for cream puffs
Old 2012-07-30, 00:05   Link #291
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
I still think the real sister is Ikusu. She's probably researching so furiously on the voice changer and so on because she wants to know who the heck is taking her identity. And we don't even know her real name yet.
That or his late Father totally trolled his son about having a sister.

Dammit enough with Konoe(I know she is hawt), but more of Rinka and Mana-chan(my claimed girl).

But supposedly the sister is younger than the guy, so can't be same grade(or else grade-skipper)?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 00:13   Link #292
shakeofinfinity
Learning the Guitar

i still think either miyabi or konoe is the sister, they are just trolling us for now and drop the bomb on the last episode.
Old 2012-07-30, 00:33   Link #293
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
That or his late Father totally trolled his son about having a sister.

Dammit enough with Konoe(I know she is hawt), but more of Rinka and Mana-chan(my claimed girl).

But supposedly the sister is younger than the guy, so can't be same grade(or else grade-skipper)?
even younger by a month would still be considered younger. They don't have the same mother so she can still be in the same grade easily. Their mothers were probably pregnant at the same time.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:57   Link #294
Anime Online

I can see many possible scenarios that'll pave the way for Shougo to marry his half-sister:

(a) Shougo was actually adopted, so he's not related by blood to his half-sister.

(b) The mother of the half-sister lied. "Of course your father is Kumagurou. He can't acknowledge you because it'll be such a scandal". Meanwhile, the real woman who had the affair with Kumagorou moved to France with her daughter.

(c) The real imouto died of a childhood accident/illness and her sister (born from the woman who had an affair with Kumagorou and another man) decided to take her place and fulfil her dying wish. I'm favoring this scenario: marrying your sibling/cousin is something a child would come up with, and discarded when the child grows up.

I doubt Ikusu is the imouto though. Sure, it'll be a gotcha! moment no one saw coming, but I don't think this is what the anime is aiming for. The anime is like a "Who did it" murder mystery. It leaves misleading clues around that throws the audience's guess off. Just when you thought it is none other than person A, the show leads you to doubt your original choice by showing more incriminating evidence against person B. Then you think person A is innocent.. or is she?
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 09:00   Link #295
vampko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I can see many possible scenarios that'll pave the way for Shougo to marry his half-sister:

(a) Shougo was actually adopted, so he's not related by blood to his half-sister.

(b) The mother of the half-sister lied. "Of course your father is Kumagurou. He can't acknowledge you because it'll be such a scandal". Meanwhile, the real woman who had the affair with Kumagorou moved to France with her daughter.

(c) The real imouto died of a childhood accident/illness and her sister (born from the woman who had an affair with Kumagorou and another man) decided to take her place and fulfil her dying wish. I'm favoring this scenario: marrying your sibling/cousin is something a child would come up with, and discarded when the child grows up.

I doubt Ikusu is the imouto though. Sure, it'll be a gotcha! moment no one saw coming, but I don't think this is what the anime is aiming for. The anime is like a "Who did it" murder mystery. It leaves misleading clues around that throws the audience's guess off. Just when you thought it is none other than person A, the show leads you to doubt your original choice by showing more incriminating evidence against person B. Then you think person A is innocent.. or is she?
But there have been a fair amount of clues leading to her. We don't know her age, her name, or why she suddenly is the one to help him out. Why didn't she bother stopping the girls from taking advantage of him when she was clearly nearby?

Why is she so mysterious? There's no guarantee that the sister even wants to marry him, as I think you said in this post.

And, I don't think you're pushing this issue, but it would be more of an 'LOL we got ya' if it were Miyabi or Konoe.

Last edited by vampko; 2012-07-30 at 09:01. Reason: typo
Old 2012-07-30, 12:39   Link #296
cyberdemon

Quote:
But there have been a fair amount of clues leading to her. We don't know her age, her name, or why she suddenly is the one to help him out. Why didn't she bother stopping the girls from taking advantage of him when she was clearly nearby?

Why is she so mysterious? There's no guarantee that the sister even wants to marry him, as I think you said in this post.

And, I don't think you're pushing this issue, but it would be more of an 'LOL we got ya' if it were Miyabi or Konoe.
The sister does want to marry him. The very first scene of the anime which was the funeral has her specifically say she wants to marry Shougo. Konoe's claim is very easy to verify. The school would likely have records on it. Miyabi's is a bit more iffy.
Old 2012-07-30, 22:59   Link #297
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
As for Kanoe's "Naked under a shirt" comment, I would respond with "Irrelevant! We're all naked under our clothes. Why don't you show me how much better that shirt would look on the floor."
Quoted for truth
That's just what I would say, too.
And while we're at it, let Miyabi leave her apron on the floor, too

Quote:
I think it's Mizutani. She is hiding her real name, and seems like the sort of person to mess with people for the fun of it. That's just what I think anyway. And it's what I've thought for a while now.
Ikusu hiding her true name makes her very suspicious indeed. Now why would she do that?

Quote:

True, she could tell him that she validated their stories. then again, she could tell him that they're not valid, even if they are, just to create more confusion
However, that doesn't seem likely to me, or she wouldn't have helped him to find out that it was Konoe who was calling him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I know this is a remote possibility.

What if Shougo's dad had a daughter by donating his sperm? Hence he did not commit infidelity.
Highly unlikely. Now why would the head of a company donate his sperm? Much too risky. If the receiver found out, she could invent a story about how he made her a child (perhaps even raped her) and then demand payment, just to get at his money.

Quote:
Here, let me take those cream puffs from you. I'll give you some of my cream into your puffs instead

Finally, let's not forget about the last to candidates, Rinka and Mana, of which we've seen only very little so far.They've both been very passive so far, regarding Shougo, but I'm sure that will change pretty soon (especially if they see that Konoe and Miyagi are already competing for him).
Old 2012-07-31, 21:00   Link #298
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Surprised nobody mentioned anything about another certain image from the site that picture is from. The one with Rinka (blonde girl) and Mana (ditsy one).
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 14:04   Link #299
cyberdemon

Any news on the new episode or was it also delayed due to the Olympics?

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2012-08-02 at 14:34.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 14:27   Link #300
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Any news on the new episode or was it also cancelled due to the Olympics?
Not really, it was delayed for two weeks.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen