AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-05, 00:53   Link #1101
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
its an AT field! lol JK
Pin Point Barrier....??

C'mon, i'm just joking..
Old 2008-08-07, 06:36   Link #1102
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I just realised... the Tristan in the second OP... it's two swords look like miniature Excaliburs and it's head shares some similarities with the Galahad's head. The X-wings are probably Britannian made too, since the tips still have a green glow and Black Knights knightmare wings have a purple glow on their tips.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 06:44   Link #1103
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I just realised... the Tristan in the second OP... it's two swords look like miniature Excaliburs and it's head shares some similarities with the Galahad's head. The X-wings are probably Britannian made too, since the tips still have a green glow and Black Knights knightmare wings have a purple glow on their tips.
Oh good, more reason to wonder who the pilot will be...

Spoiler for Reference to Newtype::

Only thing though, is why is two swords? Gino uses scythes/halbers.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 01:52   Link #1104
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Oh good, more reason to wonder who the pilot will be...

Spoiler for Reference to Newtype::

Only thing though, is why is two swords? Gino uses scythes/halbers.
Don't you guys know that Gino is actually Duke Freed? It really explains the horns and the double harken on the Tristan! The beam it shoots is actually anti-gravity storm

I can kinda see Gino challenging Suzaku in an attempt to slap some sense back into him but the Tristan gets damaged in the process, but not likely though since Bismark would surely stop such thing from happening. As for the weapon, I'm sure the knight of 3 can handle swords just as well.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 07:32   Link #1105
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
As for the weapon, I'm sure the knight of 3 can handle swords just as well.
It's not really a question of can or not, its just why? If the Tristan can be altered, new head, new FP, then it sure as hell can also be given back its weapons. It can't be that hard to make a pair of scythes. So why make a pair of swords for it instead?
Old 2008-08-08, 07:37   Link #1106
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Why remove the Slash Harkens, too? If you look carefully, it has no Slash Harkens in the opening.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 07:39   Link #1107
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
It's not really a question of can or not, its just why? If the Tristan can be altered, new head, new FP, then it sure as hell can also be given back its weapons. It can't be that hard to make a pair of scythes. So why make a pair of swords for it instead?
They might still be scythes. If you look towards the end of them during the OP they bulge a little near the end so it could just be the viewing angle thats obscuring their shape.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 07:40   Link #1108
Var
Banned

Quote:
Why remove the Slash Harkens, too? If you look carefully, it has no Slash Harkens in the opening.
Good call, how did I miss those massive things not being there either. The Tristan has been pretty heavily altered in the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
They might still be scythes. If you look towards the end of them during the OP they bulge a little near the end so it could just be the viewing angle thats obscuring their shape.
They are swords, I'll upload an image shortly where you can see that the tip doesn't actually go anywhere, it just has a weird blade end. It still ends like a sword, though.

Spoiler for size:
Old 2008-08-08, 07:46   Link #1109
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
You could ask the same thing about the Lancelot Albion then as well then.

Since its forearms look a little similar to the LA and GG maybe they simply decided that having some type of arm mounted shield was a better use of the space than some SH's since they suck versus shields anyway, well judging from Zangetsu versus Lancelot Conquista anyway..

Anyway things like that get shot off like that can be borked pretty quickly anyway, remember the Blitzs drill and raiders spiked ball from MSGS?

Quote:
Good call, how did I miss those massive things not being there either. The Tristan has been pretty heavily altered in the OP.

They are swords, I'll upload an image shortly where you can see that the tip doesn't actually go anywhere, it just has a weird blade end. It still ends like a sword, though.

Spoiler for size:
They look like they get fatter towards the end to me. If there not scythes it doesn't change the fact that they protude a little to the side at the end. I suppose it could just be a small hook though.
Old 2008-08-08, 07:50   Link #1110
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
is still say that they removed the SH from the albion becouse they needed more energy for the new wings float system
since without it the albion couldnt use it to the same extent as the guren
Old 2008-08-08, 07:52   Link #1111
Var
Banned

Quote:
You could ask the same thing about the Lancelot Albion then as well then.

Since its forearms look a little similar to the LA and GG maybe they simply decided that having some type of arm mounted shield was a better use of the space than some SH's since they such versus shields anyway, well judging from Zangetsu versus Lancelot Conquista anyway..
The Albion has upgraded shields all around it, it has no use for a specific arm shield. And that is still nothing like the Tristan which has had its weapons completely changed, not just shifted like Albion from a smaller shield to a bigger shield. It also doesn't have the energy to support further shielding.

Quote:
They look like they get fatter towards the end to me. If there not scythes it doesn't change the fact that they protude a little to the side at the end. I suppose it could just be a small hook though.
They are swords, the form is that of a sword. Even if it ends in a hook, which would have to be rather small given how much we can see from either sword at different angles, it is still a sword. If I add a hook to the end of a gun it doesn't make the gun a hook. It's still a gun.

It's not like you went from a scythe to a halberd, which is a modest and understandable change. You went from a scythe to two much shorter swords.
Old 2008-08-08, 07:54   Link #1112
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
is still say that they removed the SH from the albion becouse they needed more energy for the new wings float system
since without it the albion couldnt use it to the same extent as the guren
Slash harkens don't really use a lot of energy when used(the Lancelots may be a different story since they can alter direction in mid-air)and shouldn't actually drain any when not in use.

Now if they removed them to cut back on weight to increase speed/agility or allow for stronger shielding on the arms i could buy that.
Old 2008-08-08, 07:56   Link #1113
Var
Banned

Quote:
Nope, on its arms and its hips.
Right, I was thinking of Kallen's original mech.
Old 2008-08-08, 07:59   Link #1114
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Slash harkens don't really use a lot of energy when used(the Lancelots may be a different story since they can alter direction in mid-air)and shouldn't actually drain any when not in use.

Now if they removed them to cut back on weight to increase speed/agility or allow for stronger shielding on the arms i could buy that.
the harken boosters take more energy
so much that suzaku had to use a password to activate them for the first time in ep 17

also the shields might be removed

i posted a theory about the guren and lancelot power output a few pages ago
i will post it again

Spoiler for theory:
Old 2008-08-08, 08:13   Link #1115
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
The Albion has upgraded shields all around it, it has no use for a specific arm shield. And that is still nothing like the Tristan which has had its weapons completely changed, not just shifted like Albion from a smaller shield to a bigger shield. It also doesn't have the energy to support further shielding.

They are swords, the form is that of a sword. Even if it ends in a hook, which would have to be rather small given how much we can see from either sword at different angles, it is still a sword. If I add a hook to the end of a gun it doesn't make the gun a hook. It's still a gun.

It's not like you went from a scythe to a halberd, which is a modest and understandable change. You went from a scythe to two much shorter swords.
Maybe those swords can open into scythe? That's why the tip of sword is bigger - it opens into scythe.
BTW, scythe is pretty stupid weapon IMO.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 08:15   Link #1116
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Maybe those swords can open into scythe? That's why the tip of sword is bigger - it opens into scythe.
BTW, scythe is pretty stupid weapon IMO.
Not really look at Gino versus Asahina in EP 6. Their shape makes them ideal for disarming an opponent, espically in the hands of someone skilled in there use.
Old 2008-08-08, 08:17   Link #1117
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

keep one thing in mind
the guren had its old float unit and shield system removed
the new tristan has those same things in the op
which means it must have been damaged and needed new systems to replace its damaged systems
the scyte must have also been destroyed
Old 2008-08-08, 08:18   Link #1118
Var
Banned

Quote:
Not really look at Gino versus Asahina in EP 6. Their shape makes them ideal for disarming an opponent, espically in the hands of someone skilled in there use.
Which is really the question, Gino is skilled in his weapon set, so why switch to a completely different weapon and fighting style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
keep one thing in mind
the guren had its old float unit and shield system removed
the new tristan has those same things in the op
which means it must have been damaged and needed new systems to replace its damaged systems
the scyte must have also been destroyed
The Tristan has no parts from the Guren, the Guren has a one set of wings, not X-wings for its flight pack.
Old 2008-08-08, 08:20   Link #1119
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
I'd say that sword ( not counting firearms)is better, but it's just my opinion.
Why bother with trying to disarm opponent, when you can kill them. Besides, with the same skills, Swordsman will beat Scytheman, because the moment you pass the blade of scythe, you win.

Not to you: And I don't like that there are no slash harkens. They where the best part of CG mech . No more harken tricks from Suzaku .

Edit: Scythe is to bully the weak. And Gino said that he doesn't like to bully the weak. Maybe that's why he decided to change weapon?
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 08:22   Link #1120
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Which is really the question, Gino is skilled in his weapon set, so why switch to a completely different weapon and fighting style.

The Tristan has no parts from the Guren, the Guren has a one set of wings, not X-wings for its flight pack.
rewatch ep 6
S-foil model
also the new anttena (which is part of the shield system

Tags
mecha