Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-20, 22:59   Link #601
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Master Matt View Post
The twins made a promise to translate and patch all the games. Yes, MangaGamer tried to make them stop, but they had to take that back, because the twins had a legal right to do so based on what is on the Higurashi site and Ryu's own words. They said they were doing to continue.-.-
Mangagamer tried to muscle out Sonozaki Futagotachi? After Ryukishi07 gave them explicit permission to translate too?

I'd really love to see the girls finish their work, especially since they promised. But after so long, with the games already being translated (albeit poorly) by Mangagamer, and Higurashi being a very low key series now, I won't blame them if they can't.
Old 2011-08-14, 09:12   Link #602
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Mangagamer's FAQ says that a game's activation code can be used only 5 times. Do the physical copies of Higurashi have strict limitations to how many times they can be installed? Because if they don't, I might actually buy the disc versions as the question arcs are soon available as well. I don't like the download-only versions with all that activation hassle (and not adding anything to the shelf), but maybe now...?

I'm patiently waiting for Sonozaki Futagotachi's awesome patches, and a possible 10th anniversary deal for the japanese games next year. I might be able to read Japanese by then too. But other people I know won't, and I'd like them to try out the English games. And maybe a bit of support from me too will help them release Rei.
Old 2011-08-14, 11:47   Link #603
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Mangagamer's FAQ says that a game's activation code can be used only 5 times. Do the physical copies of Higurashi have strict limitations to how many times they can be installed? Because if they don't, I might actually buy the disc versions as the question arcs are soon available as well. I don't like the download-only versions with all that activation hassle (and not adding anything to the shelf), but maybe now...?
None of MangaGamer's hard copies have any kind of DRM as far as I know. I've bought Higurashi, Higurashi Kai and Kira☆Kira and all of them were DRM-free.

And by the way, you're not really restricted to five activations when it comes to their digital copies. If you ever reach that number, all you have to do is send them an e-mail and they'll give you a new activation code (unless you've done something fishy like using all five of them in a short period of time, that is).
Old 2011-08-14, 12:48   Link #604
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
None of MangaGamer's hard copies have any kind of DRM as far as I know. I've bought Higurashi, Higurashi Kai and Kira☆Kira and all of them were DRM-free.

And by the way, you're not really restricted to five activations when it comes to their digital copies. If you ever reach that number, all you have to do is send them an e-mail and they'll give you a new activation code (unless you've done something fishy like using all five of them in a short period of time, that is).
Just what I wanted to hear, thanks! Good to hear about that e-mail thing too, I did suspect there might be something like that from the FAQ. So I could actually buy the game digitally and not just tickets to it. Well, not having DRM and being cheaper for some reason, I'll probably get the hard copies when they have the question arcs in stock.

About the unofficial fixes, does the original music patch for Matsuribayashi, which I think was released while Kai was only in parts, work with the Kai bundle version? And is there a way to replace font/hide UI in the Kai bundle? I don't really care about the graphics patches, because I like the experience to be closest to the original. Sorry if this isn't the proper place to ask this.
Old 2011-08-19, 01:24   Link #605
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Just what I wanted to hear, thanks! Good to hear about that e-mail thing too, I did suspect there might be something like that from the FAQ. So I could actually buy the game digitally and not just tickets to it. Well, not having DRM and being cheaper for some reason, I'll probably get the hard copies when they have the question arcs in stock.

About the unofficial fixes, does the original music patch for Matsuribayashi, which I think was released while Kai was only in parts, work with the Kai bundle version? And is there a way to replace font/hide UI in the Kai bundle? I don't really care about the graphics patches, because I like the experience to be closest to the original. Sorry if this isn't the proper place to ask this.
I recently bought the physical Manga Gamer releases, and am also wondering about this. All I really care about is the music patch, though apparently it's incomplete to begin with.

And for some reason, the question arcs won't start unless I take the file from the font patch out of the game's folder. I can deal with the font, but I found that odd.
Old 2011-09-03, 04:59   Link #606
Game Master Matt
Banned

Frankly, I think people need to stop playing nice with the twins. I know that we should be greatful that anyone has even bothered and that things come up, but they repeatedly do things like this. If something comes up, they can spare a few seconds to write up a blog post. We don't even need details. They did this the last few times, too. I'm sick of their behavior and them making promises they don't keep. A lot of us took their word at face-value and spent a lot of money importing the original games.
Old 2011-09-08, 01:49   Link #607
L in Hinamizawa
I guess Erika would be E?

Location: In Hinamizawa trying to solve the Curse of Oyashiro Sama
Does anyone know when SEAMS is going to release Higurashi Kai(in English) on iTunes?
I have the 4 question arcs on my iPhone(which are really great!) and I'd love to get Kai on there too!
If anyone has any info I'd greatly appreciate it!
(I'm sorry if this should be in another thread. I wasn't sure which one to ask it in)
Old 2011-09-08, 15:45   Link #608
PBsaffran

That's a good question. Episode 4 came out almost one year ago. That's a pretty long time without add-on.
I take it you've looked where you could already ?
Old 2011-09-09, 06:40   Link #609
battle22

guys do you know how to replace bgms ? i don't like mangagamers and originals soundtracks at
all. i want to replace it with anime soundtracks
Old 2011-09-09, 19:17   Link #610
L in Hinamizawa
I guess Erika would be E?

Location: In Hinamizawa trying to solve the Curse of Oyashiro Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBsaffran View Post
That's a good question. Episode 4 came out almost one year ago. That's a pretty long time without add-on.
I take it you've looked where you could already ?
I've Googled it to the best of my ability, but I haven't found much unfortunately.
There is a comment on iTunes from a guy who says that he emailed SEAMS and that they said they were working on Kai. However, that comment was posted a number of months ago.
I really hope that they release Kai soon! I REALLY want to play it!
Old 2011-09-17, 10:29   Link #611
jadendragon
Black Cat

May I ask is there any eng patch for rei? I heard there is one for saikoroshi is it true?
Old 2011-09-17, 12:06   Link #612
Boinciel
Mii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadendragon View Post
May I ask is there any eng patch for rei? I heard there is one for saikoroshi is it true?
Though it's a bit wooden, it does exist over here.
Old 2011-11-06, 16:13   Link #613
st_nick5

Could the twins give us an update on what's going on? Is the game still being translated? Is it going to be released any time soon? How much of the game has been translated etc? I mean, I know you're doing this for free in your spare time and that we aren't entitled to the translation patch, but you could at least let us know what's happening every now and then.
Old 2011-11-06, 16:23   Link #614
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
Could the twins give us an update on what's going on? Is the game still being translated? Is it going to be released any time soon? How much of the game has been translated etc? I mean, I know you're doing this for free in your spare time and that we aren't entitled to the translation patch, but you could at least let us know what's happening every now and then.
I know they are working with Witch-Hunt for the Umineko translation project. But would there be much point in re-translating the games when MG has already finished? Even if MG's translations have misspellings here and there, Editorashi fixes those. They stopped midway Watanagashi-hen, I think; it's probably best to assume they've stopped for good.
Old 2011-11-06, 23:09   Link #615
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
The Higurashi DS games have been hacked, if anybody wants to work on translating those.
Old 2011-11-07, 08:53   Link #616
Oblivion

And there's still one VN that neither the twins nor MG have done yet. It's Rei. I know that one of those stories on there has a translation but the other two don't yet. Would they consider translating the other two?
Old 2011-12-19, 21:23   Link #617
baratomaya

Hi there!

I bought MangaGamer's version and found it a little lacking so my friends and I are thinking about translating the Higurashi games. It's a huge task and I make no promises about whether we'll finish it, but we're going to give it a try. We're already working on Day 2 of Watanagashi!

It's really just a temporary thing until Sonozaki Futago-tachi release their translation. I loved reading Onikakushi-hen thanks to their patch and find MangaGamer's is a little too wooden for me to get into it.
Old 2011-12-20, 08:24   Link #618
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baratomaya View Post
Hi there!

I bought MangaGamer's version and found it a little lacking so my friends and I are thinking about translating the Higurashi games. It's a huge task and I make no promises about whether we'll finish it, but we're going to give it a try. We're already working on Day 2 of Watanagashi!

It's really just a temporary thing until Sonozaki Futago-tachi release their translation. I loved reading Onikakushi-hen thanks to their patch and find MangaGamer's is a little too wooden for me to get into it.
It'd be awesome if you manage to get the games translated. Have you thought of setting up a blog to keep us updated on your progress? And might as well ask, has anyone heard anything from Sonozaki Futagotachi about the progress of their translation patch, or whether it's still going?
Old 2011-12-20, 10:36   Link #619
baratomaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
It'd be awesome if you manage to get the games translated. Have you thought of setting up a blog to keep us updated on your progress? And might as well ask, has anyone heard anything from Sonozaki Futagotachi about the progress of their translation patch, or whether it's still going?
I'll try and set up a blog once I've got 'Day 2' completely translated. If I can get one Day done then I'll know my friends and I have it in us to continue with the rest! I'm hoping to get Day 2 done tonight.

The only flaw in our plan is that, while we can do the translating, I personally have no idea how to take the translation and make the actual patch for the game. If anyone knows how to do that or knows someone who can make the patch, that'd be great!

I did contact Sonozaku Futagotachi about whether they were continuing their translation but have had no response so far.
Old 2011-12-20, 19:37   Link #620
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Do you want to insert into the NScripter version or the Mangagamer version?
Closed Thread