AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-08, 04:12   Link #21
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
None of them deserve her. She's too good for any of them.

I support her moving to Ano Hana's cast. Well... the heron should follow.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-06-08, 07:40   Link #22
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Out of the Inn, into the Asylum? Well, I guess a couple of characters deserve a plucking and a beating in AnoHana

I kid I kid

But seriously, the show would I think improve considerably. Less melodrama, and become more positive.
Old 2011-06-08, 13:12   Link #23
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

On a serious note, I think she will succeed her grandma, and devote herself completely to the inn.

She surely has that kind of potential.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-06-30, 22:59   Link #24
Lessing-love

Wow, like, no one comments here for a while.

Poor, poor, poor Ohana. First your love life, now this.
Old 2011-07-03, 19:00   Link #25
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Seriously, it's just like this show's predecessor, where a certain character is hated by the plot because other people are assholes.

But it's ok, Ohana, you're the reason why this show is worth anything. Go pierce the heavens with your broom or something.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-07, 09:08   Link #26
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I can't wait until "Fest it up" catches on and becomes a common term pimps use.
Old 2011-07-11, 06:55   Link #27
ReddyRedWolf

Looking at Yuina's arc and comparing her to teenage Satsuki I have to say Grandma Sui is much more stricter with Ohana so she wont end up like her mother.

Satsuki and Yuina saw their inns as their big house. Satsuki went wild because she never worked for the inn. Even though Sui wanted her to inherit the inn she let her do what she wanted unless it interfered with the inn's business.

Sui saw Ohana as clay to be molded as her heir thus the harsh training.
Old 2011-07-25, 00:19   Link #28
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

My speculation is that at the very end, Ohana realizes everyone sucks, and it's actually their problem, not hers.

Thus the series will end with her having enough and flipping out, telling the cast (save for Nako and Minko) to fuck off, and ragequitting the inn to be on her own. Cliffhanger for next season!

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-07-25 at 05:06.
Old 2011-07-26, 16:02   Link #29
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I ain't even mad. :0

Add Yuina And Tomoe and everything's all good. :P

edit: Seeing Ohana get lit up like that was great.
Old 2011-08-08, 14:54   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's been said several times Ohana's not the type to have friends, but why?

She's not shy, she's very nice, and she's funny. So why wouldn't she have a lot of friends?
Old 2011-08-08, 15:14   Link #31
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

She's not shy, she's very nice, and she's funny. So why wouldn't she have a lot of friends?
She's not nice. Nako is nice. Ohana is very blunt and overenthusiastic about everything. The level of energy that Ohana has can alienate a lot of people. It would take a lot of effort to tag along wherever Ohana goes.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2011-08-09 at 07:43.
Old 2011-08-08, 15:26   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Minko's bitchy. And while Ohana's overenthusiastic, her first impulse is always to help.
Old 2011-08-08, 15:45   Link #33
Shadow5YA

That doesn't mean it always works out. Look how she started out on the wrong foot with Minko and Nako.

Like I said, having too much energy can be off-putting. It's fun to watch her, but if I was actually there when she said some nonsense like kidnapping her mother, I would groan and want to go home.
Old 2011-08-08, 16:01   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That doesn't mean it always works out. Look how she started out on the wrong foot with Minko and Nako.
Which looks more like a problem with Nako (who's shy) and Minko (who's just antipathic) to me. They're the ones I'd peg as having few friends.

Quote:
Like I said, having too much energy can be off-putting. It's fun to watch her, but if I was actually there when she said some nonsense like kidnapping her mother, I would groan and want to go home.
I wouldn't follow her off a cliff either. But just to hang out? What's the problem? (Yeah, it's superficial rather than the "I'd fight a monster for her" you often see in anime. it's also how most friendships are IRL.)
Old 2011-08-08, 20:35   Link #35
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

Agreed. This is probably why the Nako-focused episode didn't impress me as much as it did some viewers. I felt that Nako's Freudian slip insults of Ohana were uncalled for. Since they were Freudian slips, I won't hold them too much against Nako, but I still find it a bit disconcerting that this is what Nako really feels about Ohana.

Quote:
She's not nice.
How is Ohana not nice? She's very friendly. She sometimes fails to read deeper into a situation, and hence takes counterproductive actions, but she almost always means well. To me, that's nice.

Quote:
Minko is nice.
If you said "Nako is nice", I wouldn't have much issue with this. But Minko is hardly nice to her classmates, as we've seen time and time again.

Anh_Minh is right, if anybody should be wanting for friends it would be the overly shy Nako, and the borderline anti-social Minko.

Quote:
Ohana is very blunt and overenthusiastic about everything.
Minko is no less blunt, but is substantially less enthusiastic. So she can come across as a bit of a wet blanket (we see this a lot in Episode 19).

Ohana might be slightly overenthusiastic about things, but I'd take that over the opposite extreme.

Quote:
The level of energy that Ohana has can alienate a lot of people. It would take a lot of effort to tag along wherever Ohana goes.
True. But on the flip-side, the level of energy Ohana has will naturally attract similarly energetic people (like, say, Yuina).

Basically, Ohana's level of energy is a sword that cuts both ways. Yes, it'll alienate some, but it'll also attract others.

And I do think that your average person would rather hang out with somebody generally upbeat and fun-loving than someone a bit too shy or a bit too apathetic.

Quote:
It's fun to watch her, but if I was actually there when she said some nonsense like kidnapping her mother, I would groan and want to go home.
Sure, but that's Ohana at her absolute silliest. She's usually not that bad. Within a friendship, these are the moments you'd look back on and enjoy laughing over.

"Oh Ohana, do you remember the time you wanted to kidnap your own mother? Ha ha ha ha!"

This is the sort of personality flaw that's amusing in a friend, as long as it doesn't pop up too much.
Old 2011-08-08, 21:28   Link #36
DawnKPop
DawnKPop

I don't know why anyone would hate Ohana. Well... maybe It's because I'm a tad bit like her, I can understand her...... I think her character does things for the best. She's denfinetly likeable. Now, any opinions on her, Tohru, and Ko? Well, here's the thing. I LOVE the Ohana/Tohru couple, but she's most likely goning to end up with Ko or no one at all; the series writer might kind of leave her romance story in a fog, just to make us think. So, even though she might end up with Ko (I only say this because if you think of the whole story as a huge portrait, It's hard to imagine her with Tohru.) we fan girls (and guys, if there are any) can dream on!!! Wootwoot! XD
Old 2011-08-08, 21:36   Link #37
DawnKPop
DawnKPop

Quote:

Haha. I don't really think It's that off-putting, just an opinion. I just prefer a bit of spunk in my everyday life. Honestly, I would LOVE to be Ohana's friend and work at Kissuiso!!! And kidnapping her mom would be a total YES!!! Sorry, but to me, it would seem so fun to live that life..... XD

Hahahahahah, also, I can totally see your opinion in this, I guess after a while, even I would get annoyed at her over-entheusiasm... XD
Old 2011-08-08, 21:40   Link #38
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I don't think I could be able to handle such energetic magnitude that's manifested in Ohana if she was a realistic person.

too much pimpin for me to comprehend.
Old 2011-08-09, 02:46   Link #39
Dr. Casey

Quote:

Yeah, I agree. I'm sure that some people would find Ohana overbearing and annoying and might want to keep their distance, but 'unable to make new friends' should be the farthest thing in the world from describing her. Ohana's the type that could pick up new friends about as easily as she picks twigs off the ground, especially during more casual, ordinary times where she's not charging towards some bullheaded cause. I think that Ohana would be a very popular and well-liked person, even if her friends would find her exasperating on occasion.

Of course, there's always the chance that Ohana doesn't want that many friends, which would explain why she doesn't seem to have anyone at the beginning of the series except Kou. Maybe she's the type that wants a smaller social circle. But would she have a hard time making friends if she wanted them? Not at all. Think that's pretty much just an Informed Flaw.
Old 2011-08-09, 02:53   Link #40
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
She's not nice. Minko is nice. Ohana is very blunt and overenthusiastic about everything. The level of energy that Ohana has can alienate a lot of people. It would take a lot of effort to tag along wherever Ohana goes.
Minko is what??

That's kind of the last word I'd describe her as, as she seems frequently belligerent to everyone around her. In fact, I can't really recall too many occasions of her being nice except maybe in episode 15 or w/e where she was telling ohana to shut the fuck up; that being said Minko was a bit less annoying in her behavior lately, and Ohana has gotten somewhat more. Eh...

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread

Tags
characters