AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-29, 17:34   Link #481
DC20

I was kind of hoping the sequel would get away from the Valkyria thing, but if there's an Artificial Valkyrur Corps that doesn't seem to be happening... Oh well. I guess with Valkyria in the name there's not much of a choice, is there?
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 19:02   Link #482
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
I was kind of hoping the sequel would get away from the Valkyria thing, but if there's an Artificial Valkyrur Corps that doesn't seem to be happening... Oh well. I guess with Valkyria in the name there's not much of a choice, is there?
That's one of those little things that go without saying, isn't it?

---

Damn. Due to my own musings, I've equated Artificial Valkyrur Troopers with Tesla Troopers. AGH.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 03:41   Link #483
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Looking at the new voice actors, looks like the academy is the grassroots foundation of a war intervention group...now we got Anew coming back...too bad Setsuna and Lockon are out hunting a certain rogue prince in the desert to help CB fend off Gihren's super gundam generals.
Old 2009-12-03, 11:30   Link #484
Runty

Today's update is taking awhile to properly finish... The blog entry has been uploaded, though. Can anyone translate it?

EDIT: Update is finished. There are some new character videos, for Cosette (umm, her video is... weird), Zeri (sp?), and Juliana (whose still a bitch).

We also got a look at Shocktroopers and their new evolutions (the Gunner branch looks good for hitting lots of enemies at once). Also confirmed, it's not Edy in VC2. Her name is, humorously, Licorice Nelson. So she's definitely a relative of Edy's.

People, start peeling over the info.

Last edited by Runty; 2009-12-03 at 12:53.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 15:57   Link #485
Snowman24

Wow...so Cosette is afraid of blood and the smell of it and can't do her job as a medic...understandable, you can train forever in class, books and other things.

But nothing could prepare her for the reality of her job in a time of war I guess. Poor girl, too bad Fina, Mina and Gina weren't around to help her, they were pretty confident medics.
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 16:48   Link #486
DC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
and Juliana (whose still a bitch).
Clarification. Bitch in all of the best ways, or bitch in a horrible, more reminiscent of the "C" word way?

Come to think of it both of those sound pretty awesome... Wasn't really a Selvaria fan though, so unfortunately I'll still probably be pretty meh on her. Hopefully they'll come out with another equally bitchy woman to fill my needs.

Last edited by DC20; 2009-12-03 at 16:49. Reason: Grammar... I've forgotten the face of my father >.<
Old 2009-12-03, 17:14   Link #487
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Also confirmed, it's not Edy in VC2. Her name is, humorously, Licorice Nelson. So she's definitely a relative of Edy's.

Lycoris, NOT Licorice.
Old 2009-12-03, 19:55   Link #488
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Also confirmed, it's not Edy in VC2. Her name is, humorously, Licorice Nelson. So she's definitely a relative of Edy's.

Lycoris, NOT Licorice.
A video on the website spelled her name as "Licorice", I kid you not. I laughed at seeing that name. Here's a link:

http://valkyria2.jp/popup_movie2.html

They sound the same, so I guess you could be right too.
Old 2009-12-03, 20:53   Link #489
Snowman24

Wow...her name is Licorice...sweet deal
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 21:02   Link #490
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
Wow...her name is Licorice...sweet deal
Well, I've seen odder names. But if we see a guy named "Traktor", I called it.
Old 2009-12-03, 23:25   Link #491
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
A video on the website spelled her name as "Licorice", I kid you not. I laughed at seeing that name. Here's a link:

http://valkyria2.jp/popup_movie2.html

They sound the same, so I guess you could be right too.
That reminded me of a naming kerfuffle in a different series (SHUFFLE!). One of the characters had a twin named (officially) Lycoris, but due to the usual ambiguity that is romanization, she was rendered Licorice in some fansubs (According to TVTropes, anyway. The ones I saw had all the proper names).
Old 2009-12-04, 07:49   Link #492
Neovoid

I noticed they also refer to the class as "Shocktrooper and Gunner." It looks like the Shocktrooper class will finally get to wield REAL machine guns that fire actual rifle cartridges instead of those shitty 9mm pistol rounds. I guess that would entitle them as Support Gunner or Squad Automatic Weapon User. They seem to be also carrying a ammo backpack, kind of like wielding a deployable MG42, Browning M1919, or a M240 into battle. I also see that they carry a tank on their back when wielding a flamethrower.

I wonder when will they be able wield real Assault Rifles, not the ones that fires 9mm. I also wonder can their weapons be given other attachments other then flamethrowers like a shotgun attachment or a tactical scope similar to the one they put the StG 44.
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 08:13   Link #493
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovoid View Post
I noticed they also refer to the class as "Shocktrooper and Gunner." It looks like the Shocktrooper class will finally get to wield REAL machine guns that fire actual rifle cartridges instead of those shitty 9mm pistol rounds. I guess that would entitle them as Support Gunner or Squad Automatic Weapon User. They seem to be also carrying a ammo backpack, kind of like wielding a deployable MG42, Browning M1919, or a M240 into battle.
Bonus points if the backpack doubles as an extended magazine, 'Panzer Cop-style'. If, on the other hand, they're meant to be VC's analogue of RA3 Peacekeepers, they'll need a good shotgun...

Quote:
I also see that they carry a tank on their back when wielding a flamethrower.
I wonder if one would be able to exploit a certain weakness of such weapons if you encounter their Imperial mirrors...

Quote:
I wonder when will they be able wield real Assault Rifles, not the ones that fires 9mm. I also wonder can their weapons be given other attachments other then flamethrowers like a shotgun attachment or a tactical scope similar to the one they put the StG 44.
Given how much in terms of mechanics is inherited from the first game, the answers there would be a mix of rewards and upgrades.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 14:58   Link #494
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Why are most of the shocktroopers women?
Old 2009-12-04, 15:05   Link #495
DC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Why are most of the shocktroopers women?
Girls with guns fetish.
Old 2009-12-04, 16:27   Link #496
Neovoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Bonus points if the backpack doubles as an extended magazine, 'Panzer Cop-style'. If, on the other hand, they're meant to be VC's analogue of RA3 Peacekeepers, they'll need a good shotgun...
Or at least give us a shotgun attachment on our SMG/Machine Guns for clearing houses without setting it on fire. They got Flamethrower attachments with no backpack fuel tank so why not shotgun? Come to think of it, why the hell did we stop using flamethrowers in modern day conflicts anyway?
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 16:38   Link #497
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovoid View Post
Or at least give us a shotgun attachment on our SMG/Machine Guns for clearing houses without setting it on fire. They got Flamethrower attachments with no backpack fuel tank so why not shotgun? Come to think of it, why the hell did we stop using flamethrowers in modern day conflicts anyway?
Ethical reasons, and the fact that modern day conflicts take place at too long of a range to use a close range weapon like a flamethrower.
Old 2009-12-04, 17:02   Link #498
DC20

They've also been largely phased out in favor of thermobaric weapons.
Old 2009-12-04, 18:20   Link #499
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
They've also been largely phased out in favor of thermobaric weapons.
That too. Ethics played a considerable part, though.

Actually, of all countries, I think the US of A still has some Flamethrowers in service.

Back on topic, has there been any updates? Since this thread is basically my info feed on VC2 (beings that I can't read Japanese. I just had to take German in high school), what exactly do we know now, besides Edy's Cousin/Sister/something being named after Twizzlers?
Old 2009-12-04, 22:02   Link #500
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStormtrooper View Post
That too. Ethics played a considerable part, though.

Actually, of all countries, I think the US of A still has some Flamethrowers in service.

Back on topic, has there been any updates? Since this thread is basically my info feed on VC2 (beings that I can't read Japanese. I just had to take German in high school), what exactly do we know now, besides Edy's Cousin/Sister/something being named after Twizzlers?
Next update will be on the 10th (which, unfortunately, is the same day as my first exam). Seems to now be weekly until the release of the game. Hopefully we'll get something useful out of it.

Btw, nice Twizzlers reference.