AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 31 31.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 15.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 12.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 7.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-25, 08:54   Link #21
Ramong
Danish geek

Send a message via MSN to Ramong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post

Say, how's Simon's russian?
Yeah, I was kinda wondering that too... Is his russian as horrible as most english are in any anime ?
Old 2010-06-25, 12:35   Link #22
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Decent final epi obviously depending on what happens in 25. I say parts were wrapped up nicely while leaving things open for potenial s2 or OVA.

Simon you rock so hard.

I laughed so hard during the Shizzy part, that made this epi for me Well that and seeing Shinra without a SHIRT ON!!!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-06-25, 13:32   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Well that and seeing Shinra without a SHIRT ON!!!!
That for you, and Celty service for us. We're all pleased at the end of the day.
Old 2010-06-25, 13:39   Link #24
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramong View Post
Yeah, I was kinda wondering that too... Is his russian as horrible as most english are in any anime ?
He could be a half.

Their russian is good actually(I wonder who was writting russian dialogs), but pronunciation...
Old 2010-06-25, 14:56   Link #25
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Yeeessss, I was so worried they would cut the Russian speech out, that alone would've made my day. Although, I wish they had been able to have Saika's line about not loving Izaya (I was pretty surprised at how well he was doing against Anri and then he says "how do you think I can go one-to-one with Shizuo and?" and it made sense).
Thought it was rather cute how Saki and Kida's conversation in the hospital mirrored the one they had when they first meant (and it was Izaya's orders that kept Saki in the hospital, glad to see that cleared up). But I do wonder why Kadota and the Dollars didn't intervene earlier, perhaps with only 30 people they needed a distraction but still, didn't look like they were doing so bad in the fight.
I'll probably have more thoughts later, thought it was a pretty good wrap-up episode even though the Saki and Yellow Scarves arcs weren't as strong. And they are certainly leaving it open for another season, heck they even threw in a few lines which seemed to suggest it, but I guess that the 25th episode will really tell.
Old 2010-06-25, 15:17   Link #26
Kallen4life

I LOVED it

obviously it couldn't have been a tremendoues nerve-wrecking grand finale, because the novels are on-going .. but THIS, what we've seen, got wrapped up nicely

Kadota is awesome .. he's right up there with the top Ikebukuro dogs in fights

Horoda chase - EPIC .. Celty + Shizuo + Kinnosuke = WIN WIN WIN

Izaya = hax dodging skills Oo .. Anri didn't do anything with that sword again ((

Simon = WIN .. oh yeah .. was he referring to Izaya having a complex with Shizuo ? obsess much ? :O

CELTY SERVICE OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG *DIES*

the recap during the credits was nice

10/10
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-06-25, 16:19   Link #27
Eater of All
NOM

A simple resolution indeed; one that doesn't fit too well as the finale of a series, IMO. If anything, it reminded me of the end of the Dollars arc where everything was simply wrapped up without any spice to it, except that one was bearable because the story was naturally expected to continue after that. This one though felt as lacking as taking a leak and then being forced to stop midway. That's the thing about Durarara: the story is supposed to flow continuously; it just won't feel right if it's shut down prematurely.

I'll take that all back though, if we get a second season.
Old 2010-06-25, 16:22   Link #28
Eak
One angry cloud.

-Fanservice Celty win.
-Agreed that it was a bit anti-climatic but I believe the ending fits the story line
Old 2010-06-25, 16:25   Link #29
Kallen4life

I love that it was anti-climactic

that suits DRRR better IMHO

for CLIMAX see Geass xD
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-06-25, 17:00   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

OMG, this episode was simply PERFECT.

There is absolutely no other way to describe it. Every single little thing in every single scene was just brilliant. I loved every minute of it. What a fantastic way to wrap things up.
Old 2010-06-25, 19:03   Link #31
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
There is only one word to describe this episode : Meh.

That's how I felt after watching it. It didn't feel anywhere near as awesome as other episodes did.. It was lacking alot, though I'm not sure exactly what and where.

Oh well, I do hope we get a season 2.

Ps. Why are people talking about Ep25 while also mentioning that Ep24 was the last ep, which it was
Old 2010-06-25, 19:23   Link #32
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

This episode made me wondering: is it so hard for the japanese anime industry to find VA who can actually speak the foreign language?
Not only for durarara (even though I love russian. To the point that I watched the whole First Squad movie... XD), but also for Giant Killing, whose fun is completely ruined by that ridiculous portoguese/brazilian/whateverlanguagepepespeaks...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2010-06-25, 19:31   Link #33
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Ps. Why are people talking about Ep25 while also mentioning that Ep24 was the last ep, which it was
25 is going to be a DVD only episode on the last DVD (so February 2011) and we're wondering what it's going to be about since it should be original material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
This episode made me wondering: is it so hard for the japanese anime industry to find VA who can actually speak the foreign language?
Not only for durarara (even though I love russian. To the point that I watched the whole First Squad movie... XD), but also for Giant Killing,
And Darker than Black II and all those languages on Senko no Night Raid.... honestly it makes me wonder if people in US films are speaking with atrocious foreign accents as well or if native-Japanese speakers have a harder time speaking more Western languages.
Old 2010-06-25, 20:30   Link #34
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And Darker than Black II and all those languages on Senko no Night Raid.... honestly it makes me wonder if people in US films are speaking with atrocious foreign accents as well or if native-Japanese speakers have a harder time speaking more Western languages.
You'd probably have to look to American TV for comparisons, if there are any examples there. A voice actor should be able to copy the sounds to a decent level, if they are coached by a speech pathologist/dialect coach that's native/(native-like) in the language, but I'm guessing that TV show producers don't or can't set aside part of their a budget for that.

But it's also hard for a non-native speaker to get native speaker like pronunciation. I've had friends coach students for speech contests for months, but their pronunciation is still clearly off.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-06-25 at 21:21.
Old 2010-06-25, 20:31   Link #35
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

The last episode was a good resolve with Kida x Saki! =>
Spoiler:

I was so all at the same time. Even though Saki knew it was stupid of him his wounds looked pretty = to Saki's broken legs so I was pretty much in regards to that but best was Izaya getting such a nasty hit from Simon! Scream out: OH YEAH! TAKE THAT IZAYA!=>
Spoiler:
Pretty wild gang surrounding part here=>
Spoiler:
Oh shit! Trans Am! American muscles! 6.6 liter V8....had one=>
Spoiler:
Oh that was so funny with how Horada freaked out here=>
Spoiler:
Rofl! Ladies VS Butler Flameheart reference=>
Spoiler:
Celty fan service! I never though but Shinra was excited!=>
Spoiler:
Whole series was 10/10. Easy and so much good action/comedy. OST was good too.....especially parts with Saika.
Old 2010-06-25, 21:16   Link #36
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
I liked how Simon punches Izaya to a sign that says "Love".
Old 2010-06-25, 21:43   Link #37
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Haha I am sorry to say I couldn't help but to laugh alittle when Simon punched Izaya to the sign that says "love" poor poor Izaya.. I did expect him to dodge (since he does it most of the time with shizou) and it funny that he says to Anri don't underestimate me and then he ends up getting punched.

KidaXSaki is cute.. but I like MikadoXAnri better,
Spoiler for Going offtopic..:

and I was insanily happy what happen to Horada when he was freaking out

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine

Last edited by CMSensei; 2010-06-25 at 22:06.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:42   Link #38
ranimosity

Ah I was kinda disappointed, I wanted to be more.. -motions- I'm not sure what though .__.
Maybe I'm an epic climax person ><

I'm glad the ending didn't seem rushed though..

Though I was kinda surprised about how Kida and Saki just went -snaps- and got out of there .__. What bout the whole Kida and Anri thing?

and aww poor Izaya v__v T
Spoiler for durarara:
Old 2010-06-26, 00:29   Link #39
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranimosity View Post
What bout the whole Kida and Anri thing?
Kida was just joking around.
Old 2010-06-26, 01:13   Link #40
zeth006

A few loose ends:

1. On more than one occasion, there was mention of an upcoming "war" that gets diverted. Izaya hints it's one of the conditions needed for the head to open its eyes...

2. The fortune cookies from the beginning

a. Shinra's: "Your love will never come true."
b. Celty's: "You will find what you seek."

It seemed clear to me Celty would eventually be reunited with her head. Her unexplained dreams and past memories would become clarified, like it or not.

Any chance a season 2 will clear this all up, or did the directors just decide to abruptly end this anime? Confused!!!!
Closed Thread