Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Latest trailer.

This is looking incredible.
Old 2011-05-19, 15:57   Link #22
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

So Atlus sent an e-mail to the faithful suscribers from June 23rd 1999. It says that no good games on Japan came out that week.

That's really subtle Atlus, really subtle.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 01:50   Link #23
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Persona 2

*fanfares*
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 02:06   Link #24
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
While my Persona fangirl self dies in happiness, at the same time I was wishing that Atlus would improve that headdesk worthy load time/useless interval that present in every battle for the English version or add something that can fast forward things :/ That really just terrible, especially considering the contact system AND srsly high encounter rate (7 steps and oh hai enemies!). (-_-)

/Still will order the Eng version anyway

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 03:35   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'll be importing the US copy. Nothing shall stand in my way of doing so!
Old 2011-05-24, 04:21   Link #26
Nikkan

Anyone know if it's going to be like P3P where you just get a map and click on things (except for battle) or if it's like the regular games where you get to control the character?
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 04:53   Link #27
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
Anyone know if it's going to be like P3P where you just get a map and click on things (except for battle) or if it's like the regular games where you get to control the character?
Just like the original PS version, it is of controlling the characters (aka, like p3/p4). And personally this one just can't be a 'click and choose' ala p3p, thanks to the variations it has

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 23:12   Link #28
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Hmmm, I'm strongly considering getting this, but there's one thing giving me doubts...the battle system doesn't look nearly as fun as P3 and P4's battle systems. Everything else looks really awesome though so might end up getting it regardless.

Btw, before I play this, should I play the first Persona too? I'm kind of reluctant about doing so. We have a copy of the PSP remake in our local EB Games but my pal (who loves both P3 and P4 to death) played it and told me he didn't like the game much at all. Not to mention it's ratings are the lowest of all 4 games. =/
Old 2011-07-31, 23:43   Link #29
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You play P2 mainly for the story, as it does have rather shocking twists and the 'no they just did not make HIM the main antagonist' kinda feeling. Battle system for it is kinda meh IMO, as half the time you'd be 'talking' to the demons, which really is my least liked aspect of the megaten series.

I'm a black sheep because I like P1 better, but that's mainly because I LOVE the dungeon design. (for example, you know something went TERRIBLY wrong when the hospital you're in has dead ends where there were none before, and familiar hallways aren't quite hallways anymore... ) Not to mention grinding for tarot cards in P2 is way more tedious than just getting specific cards in P1 then fusing them up.

Both are certainly very much 'old school' JRPGs though. Expect long dungeon runs, numerous random encounters, more confusing than average level design, harder than normal difficulty, etc. If that's not your cup of tea, I suggest another game lol, as it's not 'amusing/entertaining' kinda fun, but more the 'game... I'm not going to let YOU beat ME' kinda fun.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 02:57   Link #30
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well being the Persona fan I am I went and picked this up the other day. In the middle of playing it right now and I'm very pleased the game is simple enough to play, though a large part of that probably has to do with the difficulty selection.

For those who have only played P3 and P4, you should be aware that this game is quite different from it's sequels. It lacks the social link system, dating-simulation qualities and Personas are obtained in a much different way by demon contact. I went in knowing this and I managed to get a grasp of it just fine thankfully, but I don't use it too often

Despite that though I'd recommend anyone who likes the Persona series to give this game a shot. It's plot is certainly very interesting and anyone who played the first Persona will probably love all the cameos the characters make.

There's also the Climax Theater which has bonus side-stories, but I have yet to try that mode. Want to finish the main story first.~

Now I'm just wondering if Atlus is going to remake Eternal Punishment as well.~
Old 2011-09-28, 07:45   Link #31
Sciel
Etoilé

I'm playing it now. Not really sure how much more of the game i have left (someone tell me please!) but personally, the story leaves much to be desired (isn't really to my tastes tbh).

Spoiler for spoilers up till you get last party member:
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 12:28   Link #32
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2011-09-29, 15:32   Link #33
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Yeah, the game is pretty dated by today's standards. I still thinks it holds up compared to a lot of other crappy JRPGs, but it's not quite as awesome as it used to be.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psp