AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-05-11, 08:38   Link #201
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
The feathers were for artistic effect. What was completely ridiculous though was Wing Zero flapping its wings to fly forward. The suit would've moved anywhere but forward.
If they're complaining about this, they might as well complain about the following:
  • The V2 Gundam's Wings of Light in V Gundam
  • Turn A Gundam's Moonlight Butterfly
  • Destiny Gundam's Wings of Light equivalent
Old 2011-05-11, 09:06   Link #202
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
If they're complaining about this, they might as well complain about the following:
  • The V2 Gundam's Wings of Light in V Gundam
  • Turn A Gundam's Moonlight Butterfly
  • Destiny Gundam's Wings of Light equivalent
There is a difference between flappin' feathers and what appears to be obvious particle emission.

Again, having feathers to me is like having a giant teddy bear taking down QuanT in a fist fight, and expect me to take it seriously. I have a limited tolerance for inconsistent artistic expression.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-05-11 at 09:41.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 10:08   Link #203
kakakka

I thought the wings were neat, even today. If anything, I'm more bothered by Nataku's long arms.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 14:10   Link #204
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Again, having feathers to me is like having a giant teddy bear taking down QuanT in a fist fight, and expect me to take it seriously. I have a limited tolerance for inconsistent artistic expression.
Well, it was only one scene. It's not like he's having Sailor Moon moments all the time. Unless you mean Wing Zero's wings in general. Personally, I like the redesigns, especially Sandrock's. But to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Mariemaia was merely a figurehead and we've seen examples of those in real-world history. Even Romefeller attempted to use Relena as a figurehead but didn't anticipate her having such a major influence.
You're right. I know ages in GW generally don't mean a thing. I was still amused in Mariemaia's case though because when she told Relena she was responsible for her abduction, Relena was sort of like '...are you kidding me?'. Maybe the difference in height made it look that way to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
It was in response to the comments on it being "out of place" and "whatever reason". All in all, even if it doesn't serve any practical purpose, it still has symbolic value.

Natch.
Yup, just like it doesn't make much sense to have a beam scythe. It's all done for the symbolism and GW is chock-full of it. It still makes one wonder where Trowa got that mask...
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 01:31   Link #205
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

Quote:
I agree. The Grunt suits in WING were superb, and definitely ones I am very proud to collect. Fodders as they were, they were designed to look as if they serve some practical purpose, and not just there to make Gundams shine.

Those moments pretty much ruined the overall serious atmosphere of WING, but I suppose it could be worse, for example, having a giant teddy-bear taking out entire city blocks worth of...

Oh wait...

Tall Geese, for example, is an uncommon suit. Just as the SAZABI from UC is uncommon. They do not follow the standard Gundam outline.

That, and they don't have stupid accessories, like a cloak or mask.

- Tak
I actually think some Cannon Fodder Suits like The Tragos & Aires deserved at least a resin kit or something like that , but at least im grateful they had the Leo & Maguanac MSiAs, but also to one slight extent the designs go back to why some Helmets & Armor looked fearsome , the same could be said of Dragonars Gilgazamune (Armed to the teeth , Biosensor,Large size, Samurai based design, huge sword) to an extent
Old 2011-05-12, 11:07   Link #206
Araxiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I will agree that the Gundam pilots may appear flat if one has only seen the series. A huge chunk of characterization is indeed hidden in Episode Zero.
One could make the perfectly legitimate point that having the majority of the main characters' characterisation hidden away in an 'Episode Zero' that didn't seem to be on general release is an awful, awful way to avoid them seeming undeveloped.

That aside, I do like Wing because, as with most people, it was what got me into Gundam [actually, what got me into mecha and anime in general] when it was on TV back in the 90s. Tallgeese. Very much Tallgeese.

Also to weigh in on an earlier point; whenever I mention Gundam generally, the response is usually 'oh, Gundam Wing?' That's not to say the people I know prefer Wing to other Gundam shows; as far as they know, 'Gundam Wing' is just what the entire franchise is called. And I hang out with animation students and my university's anime club.
Old 2011-05-12, 15:04   Link #207
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Why I like Gundam Wing ?

Well because of Tallgeese, Tallgeese and Tallgeese
Old 2011-05-12, 16:27   Link #208
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

But awesome grunt model kits aside, every time I watch Wing (which is very rare), I wanted to beat the fu@%#^$ @#%! out of Heero. That kid frustrates me to no end. SHOW SOME LIFE mutha@#%*$&!!!!

Whenever Heero shows up on screen, it reminds me of a bad meal I had, that at the end, I wondered how the hell I managed to finish the whole thing?

I don't even want to get into Setsuna's case, but I think Allelujah Haptism sucked the life out of him and became half-insane as a result.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 16:34   Link #209
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's like Duo said, Heero should just stop trying to pretend he's human.
Old 2011-05-12, 18:15   Link #210
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
One could make the perfectly legitimate point that having the majority of the main characters' characterisation hidden away in an 'Episode Zero' that didn't seem to be on general release is an awful, awful way to avoid them seeming undeveloped.

That aside, I do like Wing because, as with most people, it was what got me into Gundam [actually, what got me into mecha and anime in general] when it was on TV back in the 90s. Tallgeese. Very much Tallgeese.

Also to weigh in on an earlier point; whenever I mention Gundam generally, the response is usually 'oh, Gundam Wing?' That's not to say the people I know prefer Wing to other Gundam shows; as far as they know, 'Gundam Wing' is just what the entire franchise is called. And I hang out with animation students and my university's anime club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Why I like Gundam Wing ?

Well because of Tallgeese, Tallgeese and Tallgeese
Whoo im not the only one who felt the same about this ,
Old 2011-05-13, 08:09   Link #211
Araxiel

You know what? Let's just all sit back and appreciate Tallgeese for a moment.
Old 2011-05-13, 14:38   Link #212
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
You know what? Let's just all sit back and appreciate Tallgeese for a moment.
Yes and the fact that we didn't get an legit Wing Vs Tallgeese battle or Epyon vs Tallgeese
Old 2011-05-13, 19:12   Link #213
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
But awesome grunt model kits aside, every time I watch Wing (which is very rare), I wanted to beat the fu@%#^$ @#%! out of Heero. That kid frustrates me to no end. SHOW SOME LIFE mutha@#%*$&!!!!

Whenever Heero shows up on screen, it reminds me of a bad meal I had, that at the end, I wondered how the hell I managed to finish the whole thing?

I don't even want to get into Setsuna's case, but I think Allelujah Haptism sucked the life out of him and became half-insane as a result.

- Tak

It wasn't often but Heero showed emotion a number of times in the series.
Old 2011-05-13, 21:43   Link #214
Washu-Chan