AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-10, 15:16   Link #61
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Guess going to an all boys school can make any guy a little crazier than usual....

Hmm ... all boys schools have been around for centuries and centuries in many different countries - its nothing out of the ordinary or some new thing under the sun, you know.

Some might argue that it is when the element of ladies is injected into the mix that young men really start behaving a little crazier than usual.

Well anyway, to me it seems the "craziness" portrayed by the characters in this show would be a welcome addition to more folks lives (men or women for that matter). I think it is kinda "normal" - more crazy behavior ftw afaiac!

/devil's advocate

(Please note that I am not necessarily arguing for one or the other as "right", but am merely questioning whether an the absence of the opposite sex in an all-boys school - or all girls for that matter - necessarily is a sure fire recipe for being a little crazier.)
Old 2012-01-10, 18:05   Link #62
SukyAnime2

Oh man this show is great. By the way...
Spoiler for :

Last edited by SukyAnime2; 2012-01-10 at 18:24.
SukyAnime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 18:06   Link #63
Akarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Guess going to an all boys school can make any guy a little crazier than usual.
I completely agree with you. but compared to the cromartie high school guys, the boys from danshi kokosei look so normal, just like three regular boys.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 23:10   Link #64
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Very nice now this is what Kimi to Boku should be
Old 2012-01-11, 01:01   Link #65
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

oh god, i havent laughed this much since setohana and schrumble, from 1st apisodes this is the best this season.
Old 2012-01-11, 04:18   Link #66
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Ever since his fate zero review I sometimes check out what Carlo Santos has to say on anime,not because I value his opinion, but because sometimes they make me laugh just as much as this episode

Take his review of this show

Quote:
Rating: 1.5 (of 5)

The only thing worse than a lame, unoriginal plot is a total lack of one. That's the problem with The Daily Lives of High School Boys

What makes it funnier is that he gave another show with no plot (nichijou) 4.5/5
Old 2012-01-11, 07:24   Link #67
Dop
Mmmm....

I think the previews spoiled me for this episode as I'd already seen most of the best parts.
It'll be interesting to see how it develops, if it develops.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 07:34   Link #68
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

well after watching that i now have a new favourite anime ^^

10/10 i hope they keep it up
Old 2012-01-11, 08:31   Link #69
Silverwyrm

unexpectedly a great hit for me! My only issue was the the segments felt too separate.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 09:33   Link #70
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Okay, definitely surprise of the season for me as well, I laughed long and hard watching this, it's definitely not what I originally expected. 2012 has barely started, but this is definitely anime comedy of the year so far. Looking forward for more.
Old 2012-01-11, 10:38   Link #71
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Take his review of this show

What makes it funnier is that he gave another show with no plot (nichijou) 4.5/5
I was baffled when i read that. What kind of reviewer bashes a gag show of short sketches for "not having a plot"?!

Anyway, pretty surprised by the first episode here. My favorite was the skirt bit and how they made a fool of the main character (i'm not supposed to memorize their names).
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 12:39   Link #72
Blaat

Gintama redux is the best way to describe the show, I loved it.
Old 2012-01-11, 14:42   Link #73
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

My oh my, I thought this show would be like the great Kimi To Boku (Which I love) but instead I start watching the anime and get 3 guys getting attacked by giant Mech suits XD

Of course, it wasn't real, but it wasn't what I expected straight away

I liked the "It's game over, man" line by Tadakuni A quote from Aliens? I wish, it's probably just a coincidence Oh, and the acting thing they did when Yoshitake acted as a girl and Tadakuni acted as...well, himself...I would say thats pretty accurate to what we usually see in highschool romance animes. These guys have done their homework XD

Just how much of a toll does an all boys school do on a man?

*Thinks about it for a moment*

Oh...ohhh....ok, yeah, no woman, thats just torture, I too would start to act like them...well...except for the skirts scene, thats just overboard When his sister walked in on them I literally paused the video, facepalmed and laughed

But back to the anime overall. very likable characters. Great humour, and I did rather like the ending with the appearance of the girl, who was adorable the whole way through. I hope to see more of her

This is almost as good as Kimi To Boku I'll be looking forward to the next episode. Oh, and, I liked the ending song and clips.
Old 2012-01-11, 14:47   Link #74
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Well, this show just beat Kill Me Baby for best first episode. Non-stop laughter for the entire duration of the episode, with not-so-subtle stabs at Square-Enix and Sunrise joining forces. This should turn out to become the most entertaining show of the season (or at least, the most hilarious), if this episode is anything to go by.
Old 2012-01-11, 15:12   Link #75
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Very nice now this is what Kimi to Boku should be
I have to disagree. The guys in this show are acting more like middle or even elementary school students than high schoolers. Kimi to Boku went too far in the other direction, but it's a lot closer to reality than this -- at least those guys are able to hold conversations with girls they like without freaking completely out.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 15:37   Link #76
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I watched to see how gay this show can get. I was rewarded justly:

Sugita Tomokazu is as usual, flawless, when it comes to monologue. I laughed so much at the thought that was going through Hidenori's head in the river bank. I didn't expect much going into this show, but I'm fairly impressed at how tidy the first episode was, especially from the half-way point. I'll be coming back for the second episode.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 17:56   Link #77
Elestia

The first episode was entertaining enough. The bit that stole the show for me was the last skit at the riverbank. Tomokazu was at his best with his character's monologue and the literature girl was adorable. Her reactions were just hilarious to watch.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:00   Link #78
kitten320

I looked through the first episode and... I must be stupid... not a single scene made me laugh. I barely even got a smile!

Can someone please point out the scenes they loved the most so I could check them again, maybe I had missed actual good parts 0_0

I guess show has same flat humor as Gintama... not funny.
Old 2012-01-11, 20:17   Link #79
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Can someone please point out the scenes they loved the most so I could check them again,
You might as well go ahead and ask me to commit seppuku now. Alright, I'll still do it for the sake of another fellow Bleach-forumite. The scene I laughed at would be the riverbank one where the girl sits behind Hidenori. After the timid torrent of thoughts that passes Hidenor, the first spoken words as follows (courtesy of Sage translation):
Hidenori says: "The wind is troubled today."

*The immediate thoughts that passes Hidenori*
<Oh man, now I wanna die. What the hell was that? It wasn't even embarrassing. I just.... wanna die. Am I in for it? No, she looks happy! I felt my mind break down a little bit, but I said it anyways. Now, let's hear your comeback.>
*mystery-girl-who-likes-to-sit-behind-a-guy-she-never-met-before stands up to deliver her comeback*

mystery-girl-who-likes-to-sit-behind-a-guy-she-never-met-before says: "But this wind is weeping just a little."

*When she finished speaking, the first thing we heard was a giggling Hidenori*
The hilarity about this two spoken lines are the randomness of it all. They didn't make any sense what so ever to each other, and yet how awkward and troubled each were by a situation they both created. Hidenori's straight face cracked me up even more when he is furiously debating inside of his head what to say, and after a lengthy deliberation the best thing he could come up with was "the wind is troubled today."

Oh come on Kitten, that was funny. No? Nothing? Kitten-san, please be gentle! *whimpers*
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:20   Link #80
Xaturas

If its half as good as school rumble then its worth the try at least 1 ep.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, satire