AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-02-21, 09:13   Link #401
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Just so you know, Marina Inoue is the voice of Laura Bodewig. Some people would prefer that OCs don't repeat a CC voice.

How about Maaya Sakamoto?
Nope. Her voice is too smooth and has no energy. And that is a male character. Female VAs who can do the job of young adult males are rare.

Quote:
You proposed the idea, and I thot it was great, so I took it.
I planned for them to be flaws of each other.

Quote:
Argh. I assigned her Kotobuki Minako! And I think I prefer that to Nana, considering my plans.
I wanted someone who can sing with force in her voice. Not some little piano girl with a marshmallow expression.

Rie Tanaka is an okay choice but she can't sing with force, whereas Mamiko Noto is a little too fluffy...but Nana Mizuki can do this :

and this:

as well as :

All songs are radically different in terms of tonality and melody, and she is one of those few VAs who can sing and drag her voice, and re-pitch anywhere in-between. I also designed Kari's hair to be old-fashioned, late-1970s to early-1980s to suit her musical style as an enka-trained singer.

Quote:
EDIT:

It has come to my atttention that some parts of the old fanon existed in Karon's biodata still, so I went back and scrubbed those out. So no weird buying out of Australia (though right now the ASX is owned by a Singapore GLC) and no flood.

However, Rachel Hirashima (my adaptation of Saintess' OC, though did I spell the name correct?) continues to enjoy her status of spacenoid. A crack world has to have some mindbending parts after all.
The government probably screwed itself up last Saturday with the 2011 Budget so I don't know if they are going do well for the rest of the time though.

I don't mind paying the damn TV tax. Nobody wants Mediacorp to be privatised, because paying for TV is UBS.

Quote:
It allows for the Metropolis to be home to "political exiles" as well, and that would again fit her, given that her father's name was involved with the Halycons and the One Year War.
Politically, this place doesn't tolerate political exiles (unless they come their for medical treatment like Imelda Marcos). And Major Hirashima is a decorated veteran who had to resign on his own accord, but the government compensated him for his resignation.

There are plenty of loose ends I don't want to tie up yet because I haven't started writing the fic yet. I'll just leave as that for now.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 09:25   Link #402
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
EDIT: P.s Meister... How often does Karon switch form between imouto and her true-self?
Seen Higurashi? About that number of times.

But she does keep the Imouto face up when most people are around. It comes off a lot more readily while flying the Fairlion Imouto (or rather, she's just pretending to be Imouto when flying the IS so there's a subtle difference already).

Also, I've finally decided on Maximillan's name. Yes, his parents are rather Captain Marve-- I mean ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Nope. Her voice is too smooth and has no energy. And that is a male character. Female VAs who can do the job of young adult males are rare.
Hey she voiced the Black Butler's "Bou-chan" you know...

Quote:
I wanted someone who can sing with force in her voice. Not some little piano girl with a marshmallow expression.
You. Kotobuki Minako singles on Youtube. And Koi no Toriyanse. Now.

Quote:
Rie Tanaka is an okay choice but she can't sing with force, whereas Mamiko Noto is a little too fluffy...but Nana Mizuki can do this :

and this:

as well as :

All songs are radically different in terms of tonality and melody, and she is one of those few VAs who can sing and drag her voice, and re-pitch anywhere in-between. I also designed Kari's hair to be old-fashioned, late-1970s to early-1980s to suit her musical style as an enka-trained singer.
Ah well guess it'll be like SRW... multiple voice roles.

But I'm sticking with Kotobuki in my take, like I said, I have my plans too. However, I did plan her to have a surprisingly powerful voice which I know and have heard Minako manage at times. Give her enough practice, she's still young unlike Nana.

Quote:
The government probably screwed itself up last Saturday with the 2011 Budget so I don't know if they are going do well for the rest of the time though.

I don't mind paying the damn TV tax. Nobody wants Mediacorp to be privatised, because paying for TV is UBS.
I... don't really care what's going on back home.

Quote:
Politically, this place doesn't tolerate political exiles (unless they come their for medical treatment like Imelda Marcos). And Major Hirashima is a decorated veteran who had to resign on his own accord, but the government compensated him for his resignation.

There are plenty of loose ends I don't want to tie up yet because I haven't started writing the fic yet. I'll just leave as that for now.
Ah... My guess came close I guess.

That's your fic, but as I said I can't really use all the fanon in its entirety, so I'd have to modify for mine. Nevertheless, now that I have a clear idea what you intend, I can make a close proximate. At least this will be the last time you here about political exiles on the moon.
Old 2011-02-21, 09:26   Link #403
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Quote:
Seen Higurashi? About that number of times.

But she does keep the Imouto face up when most people are around. It comes off a lot more readily while flying the Fairlion Imouto (or rather, she's just pretending to be Imouto when flying the IS so there's a subtle difference already).

Also, I've finally decided on Maximillan's name. Yes, his parents are rather Captain Marve-- I mean ridiculous!
Well, so her not ridiculously swinging mood when Imouto was overdoing it with Alex seemed reasonable then.

As for Maximillian....
Marvelous that is... To when the arrival of captain commando or better... falcon?
Old 2011-02-21, 09:29   Link #404
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Well, so her not ridiculously swinging mood when Imouto was overdoing it with Alex seemed reasonable then.
Yes definitely.

Quote:
As for Maximillian....
Marvelous that is... To when the arrival of captain commando or better... falcon?
My fic has plenty of tokusatsu shoutouts.
Old 2011-02-21, 09:43   Link #405
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Actually, I fail at stuff like that Wild Goose. Sure, the prince would make a funny appearance... I'm already smelling tea time ahead... XD Or cecilia being HUMBLED.

All hail britania. Too bad I can't bring De Gaulle as a ninja zombie robot pirate.
*chuckles* I guess it's because I read a lot of stuff. The most recent book I read was Apache by Warrant Officer 1 (Ret.) Ed Macy, who was Weapons Officer for 656 Squadron, during their 2nd tour in Helmand in 2007. Throughout the book, he mentions several callsigns and details that Apache pilots needed to memorise, such as which callsign belongs to who: Bone is a B-1B Lancer, Ramit is a Dutch F-16, Widow is the British FAC based at Garmsir DC, Sunray is the CO of British forces in Helmand, etc etc.

Not for nothing is flying the Apache known as riding the dragon. Slip up and the dragon bites your head off.

Anyhow, I'd intended to use a different FAC callsign, as a sort of nod to the lads at Helmand, but used Widow Six Seven for reasons I couldn't remember. Then I reread the relevant portions, and decided to see how long I could string my little joke along.

Will read your chapter and comment later.

Quote:
If we bothered to check up on EVERY TIME someone made an OC with [NAME REDACTED] that's an awful lot of work considering the number of times REDACTED has appeared in this thread. :/

Plus of course, why would we bother with the prince of a country "whose only strength is its ancient culture"? At least if she were a princess we'd have a bit more concern. And that's just a little bit.
Laura can talk smack all she want - I suppose she's forgotten how the RAF won the Battle of Britain, then? Or how the Desert Rats kicked Rommel's arse at El Alamein? Or how the Rats of Tobruk held on? Or the fact that the Commandos were the first special forces in the world. Or that the SAS is the model on which every special forces unit has aspired to become.

Or, more recently, that the British took an excellent American helicopter, the Apache, and added better engines and a good dose of Crazy Prepared, ending up with a machine that the Americans are jealous of and want to buy. Best attack helicopter in the world.

Or the Jugroom Fort Rescue, which used said attack chopper in an unconventional and yet badass manner.

Quote:
Besides, I'm already featuring Princess Tatsumiya Aiko of the Crysanthenum Throne as a side character pilot in Shooting Star anyway. She's a moeblob, she can fly an IS, and she sure as hell beats the guy whose name sounds like a useless wizard any day with the voice of Iwao Junko (if Maaya is taken).
Bakha. Harry is one of the most common names in English. There's a reason it's every Tom, Dick and Harry, y'know. Your spurious argument means nought! 'tis but sound and fury, signifying nothing! [/Shakespeare]

That said, I can do it just as well without using Harry. I'm only half-amused, half-aghast that nobody figured it out my little joke.

Spoiler for A meeting of the classes:

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 10:05   Link #406
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Hey she voiced the Black Butler's "Bou-chan" you know...
Nope. Still too smooth.

Quote:
You. Kotobuki Minako singles on Youtube. And Koi no Toriyanse. Now.

Ah well guess it'll be like SRW... multiple voice roles.
Still not hard enough.

Quote:
But I'm sticking with Kotobuki in my take, like I said, I have my plans too. However, I did plan her to have a surprisingly powerful voice which I know and have heard Minako manage at times. Give her enough practice, she's still young unlike Nana.
Minako is more towards soft-ish music like Rie Tanaka so I am not putting her in.

Well, I could start pigeonholing Kana Asumi as Rachel and Rina Satou as Kari, but that is enough of relationship voice actors!

I think I'll just put Kana Ueda as Rachel, Ayako Kawasumi as Kari and if Keroko permits, Mamiko Noto as Helena (which I think bloody fits).

Rachel : Enough with seiyuu jokes already! Dummy.

Quote:
I... don't really care what's going on back home.
I wish I don't have to care.

Quote:
Ah... My guess came close I guess.

That's your fic, but as I said I can't really use all the fanon in its entirety, so I'd have to modify for mine. Nevertheless, now that I have a clear idea what you intend, I can make a close proximate. At least this will be the last time you here about political exiles on the moon. [
Matching fanon with minimal fridge brilliance makes for good takes. Besides, that is how Toaru Kagaku no Railgun arose....apparently Birbiri is so popular that the author had serious trouble drawing her in.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-21, 10:59   Link #407
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
That's... a bit too much... for me...

Anyways, to sum up my VAs incase we might get that double dub problem sprouting out everywhere....

Hikari Alex: Hikaru Midorikawa (Jerk with a heart of Gold. I'LL KILL YOU)

Kanzaki Lyn: Minayami Kuribayashi (Soft spoken kawainess)

Hikari Haruka: Ayako Kawasumi (almighty Tsun that's very possessive)

Sarah Delavalliere: Kaori Fukuhara (2nd Soft Spoken cutesy)

Sophia Rainer: Nana Mizuki (Moe, Yandere, Femme Fatale, many variables)

Enrique Espada: Takehito Koyasu (Fits, just perfectly. The not evil evil guy)

Can anyone remember a role where Mayaa Sakamoto was on the brink of becoming insane? I can only recall Kuroshitsuji, but that's about it.
Old 2011-02-21, 11:01   Link #408
John117xCortana

Ed is voiced by Romi Park.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 11:35   Link #409
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well I suppose if I needed a Japanese VA for Widow Six Seven, I might go with Ryoutaro Okiya, aka Raidiese Bernstein.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-02-21, 11:35   Link #410
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Another battle theme?

This is another exclusive song from Ultimate Diamond. You can't find it anywhere else.

Old 2011-02-21, 12:18   Link #411
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, if we're accepting nominations....

Big Damn Heroes from the Marines:

and the ingame battle music version:

Six Marine pilots and their wanzers go up against over 60 enemy wanzers.... and WIN. The team leader later not only scores with his hot victorious childhood friend CO, he later gets scouted by the Wanzer equivalent of Delta Force.

But the cake is taken by this theme:

And an air combat theme for a desert sortie

Edit: on further thoughts, THIS is the epic air duel showdown music:

"Demon Lord of the Round Table, I pray for your sucess."

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-02-21, 12:55   Link #412
Terminator98
*Author

A.C.E 3!!
I think that A.C.E 1's theme was better though.

I nominate this as epic final battle music:

Well, that's if we have a major battle with lasers/missiles/bullets flying all around and all our pilots doing manly/womanly stuff while Ichika goes for the big bad (unless we steal the spotlight..)
Old 2011-02-21, 13:58   Link #413
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Okay....

Upgraded Profile:

Ayara Hawa

Kamijou Yuu

Just in Case you are curious:
Work in Progress: (The last character before I start the actual Fanfic)
Telia
Old 2011-02-21, 14:17   Link #414
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Actually, I fail at stuff like that Wild Goose. Sure, the prince would make a funny appearance... I'm already smelling tea time ahead... XD Or cecilia being HUMBLED.

All hail britania. Too bad I can't bring De Gaulle as a ninja zombie robot pirate.

-----------------------------

And now, chapter 2's up.

Infinite Stratos : Omega Gaiden - Table Of Contents (Updated)

Serious stuff should be starting soon enough...
Enjoying it so far.
Old 2011-02-21, 14:29   Link #415
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
And now, chapter 2's up.

Infinite Stratos : Omega Gaiden - Table Of Contents (Updated)

Serious stuff should be starting soon enough...

Fixed some stuff, and lumped the toilet scene to later, after some discussion and editing help with JE.

And thanks Asuras.
Old 2011-02-21, 15:01   Link #416
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Spoiler for Gomorahh IS "Salt Pillar":

Not much to it. I'll get a picture soon enough, hopefully.
Not that it'll be good anywho.
Old 2011-02-21, 17:42   Link #417
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Minako is more towards soft-ish music like Rie Tanaka so I am not putting her in.

Well, I could start pigeonholing Kana Asumi as Rachel and Rina Satou as Kari, but that is enough of relationship voice actors!

I think I'll just put Kana Ueda as Rachel, Ayako Kawasumi as Kari and if Keroko permits, Mamiko Noto as Helena (which I think bloody fits).
Rachel : Enough with seiyuu jokes already! Dummy.[/quote]Most of my choices are seiyuu references though.

Quote:
Matching fanon with minimal fridge brilliance makes for good takes. Besides, that is how Toaru Kagaku no Railgun arose....apparently Birbiri is so popular that the author had serious trouble drawing her in.

For those who already noticed it, this song being both Karon's henshin and battle music (as in, Imouto actually broadcasts it to the entire arena!!) should be no surprise:

Yong-chun-style unarmed combat:

Firing up the gold nitro booster to match speed with a evasion-type IS:

Against Laura, after overdriving the inertial compensators and flooding the suit with a silver glow like a rising sun:

It's a pinch! TRANS-AM!

More as the themes are released.

Replies and reviews when I get home from hospital.
Old 2011-02-21, 18:15   Link #418
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Spoiler for Gomorahh IS "Salt Pillar":

Not much to it. I'll get a picture soon enough, hopefully.
Not that it'll be good anywho.
What a cheesy boss.

I can't wait to tear it apart with hot blood, teamwork, and some proper planning.

Too bad the main party doesn't have access to graviton-based weapons; this thing is practically asking to EAT IT, big time.
Old 2011-02-21, 18:16   Link #419
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Go ahead.
Old 2011-02-22, 00:03   Link #420
Terminator98
*Author

Time to go EEEEVVVILLLLL final boss....
Here's a preview from the last boss of on my side.

OD-EXIS-00 "Lucifer"

Here's the theme when that thing pops up... there's a sad-heroic part for the heroes, because... *REDACTED*'s in there. No, it's not one of the canon characters.

Fear evil. Of course, he'll be evil exclusive...
Pair this with Pillar of Salt and we'll be having an epic final fight.

Then there was this matter... Sophia Rainer's unit, crimson tears, has been downgraded from the "God Class" for some reason you will perhaps understand.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest