AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-13, 18:04   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Pumpkin Scissors Episode 15 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Pumpkin Scissors, Episode 14!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2007-01-16, 08:04   Link #2
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Screenshots of episode 15 courtesy of Random Curiosity. LOOK AT IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-01-16, 09:26   Link #3
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Comments:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-16, 12:15   Link #4
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
sooo...cold!! >.<
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-17, 11:10   Link #5
kingofthemoleppl

Well, so here it is:

Overall adequately done episode. Nothing really going on but an apt prelude to the action to come.
The confrontation with the flamethrower guy was a bit of a letdown, though.
There are also some other flaws which prompted me to take a few points off my rating:
1. Ratface's henchmen are too gullible. I mean, come on. Your boss sends you to a place and seals the entrance with a grate(how did they get out after all?) and you still trust him? Even after the guy that you assumed was there to help you turns your buddies into human torches/shish kebap?
2. Section III's continued chase after drug dealers in the sewers. It's ok to show it twice, thrice but in my opinion they just overdid it. The stills even looked sort of stupid.
3. When Machs and Oreld behave like total dicks to pressurize Marielle's father to stop being a lost case basehead; why did they really push it and prostrate themselves to the mercy of a violent mob? Was that necessary?
Who in their right minds would do that?
Sec III seems to be full of lil' goodie two shoes, truly altruistic.

I demand more character depth!

Last edited by kingofthemoleppl; 2007-01-17 at 11:12. Reason: me fail English? that's unpossible
Old 2007-01-17, 11:41   Link #6
Mentar
Banned

And now that this is out of the way...

let the games begin ^_^
Old 2007-01-17, 14:56   Link #7
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Watched ep. 15
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-01-17, 15:53   Link #8
kingofthemoleppl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Spoiler:
When I saw his happy and content face as he was getting beat up, an epiphany came before my eyes.
Oreld became Ghandi-Jesus that instant!
They should have just played it safe and taken advantage of their authority / superior status; it should of gotten them the same results instead of having their asses handed to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Spoiler:
Could mean anything. My guess is as good as yours. *shrugs*
Someone suggested "high temperature trooper". Sounds odd, but that's just me.
Can't think of any German that would make sense.

ps: do we still need spoiler tags? ep's been out for a couple of hours.
Old 2007-01-17, 20:00   Link #9
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Astray Decisions

As to be thought, Hans himself confirmed that he and Oland belong to the same kin, the "Invisible 9". Too bad there was no violent confrontation among them, or else the visual impact of that battle would have been exhilarating.

Still, that Oland stands to Hans triggered on the former the shocking experiences and fear when he was known as the 901-ATT, killing enemies on orders. Oland's just the same as Kenshi; both men who slaughtered on wars, renounced the murder path, they're struggling to reborn themselves anew into a peaceful live, and yet either the past chases after them or unepectedly meet up with it.

What's surprising to me is that Muse pays visits to Oland as if were like daily checkup norms, yet I do not think that anyone else at Section III (Hunks included as well) know of that connection.
Both are acquainted to each other just like in the old days.

And I have grown distaste for Kaupland, since when tells the tale of the cremator the look at her eyes and her excited reaction gave away as if she's sadistically enjoying telling about that man's murders; it's mostly that she holds a sick fascination for the power that person was capable of and not about the actions he committed per se.

The theme for this episode is that weaklings once get subdued, tamed, and bullied around by the strong, they see themselves pathetic. Instead to stand up and rise to find a solution to their predicament, they just simply let themselves flow with the torrent of abuses and lies that the strong ones inflict upon them.

As time progresses and wait to witness that there's no solution to their hell but instead going for worse, they quickly believe on that foul mouthing and start to see themselves hopeless and lose any trace to stand for themselves and fight back; even worst those people deprecate their self-worth and dignity and ought to buy themselves to the will of the ones with power, who explotaite their weaknesses to have them under control.

This is what Oreld prove to the bums living in the sewers, though I must admit that Oreld's acting was too much realistic that I bought it as well and have made me- "WTF? It's wrong with Oreld. He truly wants to do that girl. He's messed up or what?!" Particularly, that the girl's screams were just as realistic.

This is also what Alice made Metz to understand for himself, once he discovered that his boss was nothing more than a rat and have him and the rest of his buddies used as expendable dolls.

The conclusion was a nice cliffhanger.
Spoiler:

Anyways, why do everyone keep talking about being all that excited that Darth Alice is going to appear next week?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-17, 22:43   Link #10
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthemoleppl View Post
Could mean anything. My guess is as good as yours. *shrugs*
Someone suggested "high temperature trooper". Sounds odd, but that's just me.
Can't think of any German that would make sense.
Maybe the 'H' stands for Heat or Hono (Flame), who knows.

Anyway, this episode was ok, although it was a bit tiresome to see the whole arrest/bail cycle come up again. Fortunately it didn't last long this time. Still, it makes me wonder, how the hell can you release someone on bail multiple times? Wouldn't bail get denied on subsequent arrests?
Old 2007-01-17, 22:50   Link #11
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
1. Ratface's henchmen are too gullible. I mean, come on. Your boss sends you to a place and seals the entrance with a grate(how did they get out after all?) and you still trust him? Even after the guy that you assumed was there to help you turns your buddies into human torches/shish kebap?
the girl seiyu in this eps did a good jobs with the helpless screaming, now i'm aroused ...errr wait a minute, that was too much info

I think the henchmen don't know that it is the ratface guy that seals the entrance, the ratface guy told them that it is section III that seals the entrance.

and uh oh, that is a big stick (?) bag that Alice got there, no wonder she needs to reduce the weight load by asking Olred to stay back
Old 2007-01-17, 23:34   Link #12
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
and uh oh, that is a big stick (?) bag that Alice got there, no wonder she needs to reduce the weight load by asking Olred to stay back
That's not a stick, that's Mahne >_<. It's probably the reason why her men have to stop the girl from going on solo rampages.
Old 2007-01-18, 00:54   Link #13
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
~ Anyways, why do everyone keep talking about being all that excited that Darth Alice is going to appear next week?

Spoiler:
To be more specific, think of Darth Maul.
~~~~ ~~~~

Random Thoughts on Ep15
  • Hunks gains GAR-points by being able to lip-read and exploiting his men's connections( Oreld's relation with Section I's secretary( the one that got seduced by Oreld in a previous episode)).
  • Machs' attempt to act as a bad guy gained a lot of laughter points from me, and earned this episode a bonus point.
  • I was undecided at first, on whether Marialle knew of the acting, but after they pan to Oreld's smile and her smile, I was glad to know that she was part of the acting.
  • I have been waiting for a long time for Darth Alice. It better not disappoint.
  • To those questioning Oreld's methods, and asking why they didn't just use their authority, this leads back to the age old mantra.

Cure the problem, not the symptoms.

Reflect upon it.
Cheers.
Old 2007-01-18, 01:41   Link #14
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
3. When Machs and Oreld behave like total dicks to pressurize Marielle's father to stop being a lost case basehead; why did they really push it and prostrate themselves to the mercy of a violent mob? Was that necessary?
Who in their right minds would do that?
Sec III seems to be full of lil' goodie two shoes, truly altruistic.
well it wasnt just for marielle's father benifit but in fact everyone down there still taking the drugs...i though it was quite manly of them to sacrafice themselves for the greater good...and without that hugh push/uproar caused then the other guys wouldnt have done anything so it was either to break them or not...

but being lil goody two shoes is alice's job

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-18, 02:25   Link #15
Kensuke

I smiled when Alice got the big box, oh yeah, now I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

Spoiler for episode 15:
Old 2007-01-18, 10:00   Link #16
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
interesting box you have there!

i'll laugh if its a pair of Yari or naginata, which she will use like scissors.

Pumpkin scissors indeed!

but thinking about it, its probably a shoulder mounted Anti-Tank recoilless rifle.

Old 2007-01-18, 13:27   Link #17
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
sooo...cold!! >.<
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-19, 09:11   Link #18
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
the girl seiyu in this eps did a good jobs with the helpless screaming, now i'm aroused ...errr wait a minute, that was too much info

I think the henchmen don't know that it is the ratface guy that seals the entrance, the ratface guy told them that it is section III that seals the entrance.

LoL my fantasies ran wild hearing those screams. The seiyu has a good future in the hentai business.

Somehow I doubt the girl knew the act. Damn that Oreld must have been grabbing them really good to be even smiling when he got beaten up.

Seems that the invisible 9 are mostly self-destructive troops. Wonder how many more will we see? At least 6 more?

HTT - Human Torch Trooper?
Old 2007-01-19, 18:45   Link #19
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Intresting,the story behind the HTT is really sick.And Kaupland's sadistic smile was even worse.I feel sorry for Hans now,and I undertsand why he loves heat so much.He thinks the non-existant cooling system is cold, it's ironic and really sick.
Old 2007-01-20, 11:27   Link #20
Zelda1

Kaupland is EEEEvilll!!! (With the capital EEE's required) It's great to see such a hiss-worthy villain show up. Muse is almost as bad, seeing she was responsible for the creation of people like Hans.
Closed Thread