AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-27, 21:51   Link #5761
pikachuwei

eh it seems the BT forums are down...

how am i supposed to apply to be translator @_@
Old 2010-10-27, 21:59   Link #5762
Miraluka
Banned

The anouncement is from Index's editor (a.k.a. Miki-san) about Kiyotaka Haimura's promise for December which can be about Index or Railgun, this has nothing to do with J. C. Staff.
Old 2010-10-27, 22:40   Link #5763
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
eh it seems the BT forums are down...

how am i supposed to apply to be translator @_@
Is a application necessary lol? I didn't apply and just went and made a account, then started uploading my translations. I think all you need to do is follow the rules on the Index section, plus register whatever part you'll be working on.

And on a different note, would people here want me to load up all of the Vol22 Epilogue at once, or post sections as I do them? There's around 7 'parts' to the epilogue (though it's not divided in parts like other chapters) and 2 parts are already done by some other kind a/non a while back.
Old 2010-10-27, 22:45   Link #5764
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

lol yeah please upload the whole thing at once. Don't leave us salivating if you don't have to.
Old 2010-10-28, 00:40   Link #5765
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Is a application necessary lol? I didn't apply and just went and made a account, then started uploading my translations. I think all you need to do is follow the rules on the Index section, plus register whatever part you'll be working on.

And on a different note, would people here want me to load up all of the Vol22 Epilogue at once, or post sections as I do them? There's around 7 'parts' to the epilogue (though it's not divided in parts like other chapters) and 2 parts are already done by some other kind a/non a while back.
i need to learn to upload translations

well i thought if i wanted my name up there in the translator list it would be more formal to apply first... just going in and editing seems a bit... rash.

Edit: sigh my computer noobness is showing through... dunno how to edit... mebbe its coz i havent done the register thingy :x

and also... what part is the fallen angel incident in vol 16 epilogue... T_T

Thanks to the magic of google I semi-mastered the art of editing

Ero Fallen Angel Incident, I shall put up the part number when I find out what it is >.>

Last edited by pikachuwei; 2010-10-28 at 01:10.
Old 2010-10-28, 03:11   Link #5766
Flere821
Lurker

Exclamation Vol22 Ch11 Pt 2 out on BakaTsuki

Finished Vol22 Ch11 Pt2, due to some of this bit being necessary for people to understand the part about ITEM in the epilogue.

If anyone ever doubts Hamazura Shiage is not fit to be a 3rd main character, this should convince you otherwise. He is badass, even if not on the same level as Touma or Accelerator.

Link here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...pter_11#Part_2
Old 2010-10-28, 06:27   Link #5767
gaboratamer

thanks for the traslation, Shiage is awesome, even if he is a normal guy
Old 2010-10-28, 10:17   Link #5768
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
i need to learn to upload translations

well i thought if i wanted my name up there in the translator list it would be more formal to apply first... just going in and editing seems a bit... rash.

Edit: sigh my computer noobness is showing through... dunno how to edit... mebbe its coz i havent done the register thingy :x

and also... what part is the fallen angel incident in vol 16 epilogue... T_T

Thanks to the magic of google I semi-mastered the art of editing

Ero Fallen Angel Incident, I shall put up the part number when I find out what it is >.>
Ah, well, here it is. Just in case anyone else needs it.

Spoiler for Read if you want to.:

Will be finishing up part 8. That will be 85%.

EDIT: Ah forget about it. I'm too lazy.

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-10-28 at 11:00.
Old 2010-10-28, 10:53   Link #5769
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Finished Vol22 Ch11 Pt2, due to some of this bit being necessary for people to understand the part about ITEM in the epilogue.

If anyone ever doubts Hamazura Shiage is not fit to be a 3rd main character, this should convince you otherwise. He is badass, even if not on the same level as Touma or Accelerator.

Link here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...pter_11#Part_2
Thank you. Shiage surely deserve to be 3rd main character. I think what he needs is more scene time ,so people will easily see how good he is .

There is one thing I confused. When you say "Rikou has a chance to become 8th Lv5 " This "8th" means she can become a "8th rank" Lv 5 esper or By she becomes Lv5, it will make the total number of Level 5 become "8" ,but she can be ranked above 8th.

Sorry, but it's quite ambiguous for me.

Last edited by Marina2; 2010-10-28 at 11:05.
Old 2010-10-28, 11:38   Link #5770
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Thank you. Shiage surely deserve to be 3rd main character. I think what he needs is more scene time ,so people will easily see how good he is .

There is one thing I confused. When you say "Rikou has a chance to become 8th Lv5 " This "8th" means she can become a "8th rank" Lv 5 esper or By she becomes Lv5, it will make the total number of Level 5 become "8" ,but she can be ranked above 8th.

Sorry, but it's quite ambiguous for me.
Is the second.
Old 2010-10-28, 13:23   Link #5771
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Is the second.
even higher than kakine?

Id have thought she would be below the angelic duo and above mikoto/mugino
Old 2010-10-28, 13:32   Link #5772
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

ppl say that the ranking depends on how useful the lvl5 is to aleisteir plan, and since he was planning to kill her woulndt that mean he sont have really any use dor her therefore she would be in the last ranks, doesnt she?
Old 2010-10-28, 13:35   Link #5773
Seihai
スマイリウム

Rikou according to Aleister wouldn't get lv 5 but if she did, she would probably remain number 8 as in ranking.
But technically speaking, AIM Stalking is pretty amazing so... it depends on how good she can use the power she stalks / copies.
Old 2010-10-28, 13:45   Link #5774
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Aleister is an idiot. He should just personally kill Hamazura if he really wants to get rid of him. There's noway anyone in the world will survive once Aleister gets serious. WHF is with that omni-present!?
ANd seriously, Touma is the only protagonist who never kills his opponent, but even saves them. Accelerator, Hamazura and Aqua all kill their opponents. He's actually the most awesome (or idiotic) character in the whole series that no one could match. :P
Old 2010-10-28, 14:04   Link #5775
outerelf

Well, Accelerator has stopped killing his opponents, so it's a start. Everyone else- well, let Touma's Falcon Punch work on their souls for a little longer and they'll stop killing.
Old 2010-10-28, 14:05   Link #5776
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well there is the possibility that all that happened so far was "as just as planned" for alesteir except for finama being alive ,tha would be why he came personally.

or theres even the crazy possibility that tsuchimikado end as the double/triple-crosser lackey that ended up beign the mastermind behind everything.
Old 2010-10-28, 14:09   Link #5777
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well there is the possibility that all that happened so far was "as just as planned" for alesteir except for finama being alive ,tha would be why he came personally.

or theres even the crazy possibility that tsuchimikado end as the double/triple-crosser lackey that ended up beign the mastermind behind everything.
He is not Xelloss >>.

Well so far alister has 2 things going out of control Shikage, and in part that Fiamma is still alive.
Old 2010-10-28, 15:37   Link #5778
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Gotta ques.

From toumas name we know his future in the novel is to be the one higher than god.

So do u think accels real name would have any sgnificance in the novel?

I say this because people have been theorizing that his wings and color changes have to do with the Aeons.
Old 2010-10-28, 15:38   Link #5779
Phibrizzo
Honos628

You shouldnt take the name in a literal mean, its basically means "be the right hand of god" not superior to him in that context.
Old 2010-10-28, 16:01   Link #5780
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
You shouldnt take the name in a literal mean, its basically means "be the right hand of god" not superior to him in that context.
from the wikia

Quote:
Touma's last name 'Kamijou' (上条) can be translated as "The person higher than God (La persona superiore a Dio)" (神上) in Japanese, from volume 14. Also, when he first meets Kanzaki she believes his name means (神浄討魔) in kanji as opposed to (上条当麻), which translates to "One that cleanses God
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen