AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-05-02, 07:02   Link #1
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Naruto Character Creation Contest May 2008 Our theme is (Water Users)

Welcome to the Naruto Character of the Month Contest!!!!!!

It’s May and our theme is “Water Users”
The winner of this contest will decide the theme for next months contest.

This thread is for submissions into the Character of the Month contest.
Contest Rules are as follows:
1. Every contest will have a theme. Each contestant must abide by the theme. Themes cannot be picked twice in a row.

2. Every Character Must be put in spoiler tags. This is to save space.

3. Contest submissions begin on the first day of each month. The entry period will last until two weeks from that date.

4. On the day after the submission date, a poll will open and it will last for one week. When the poll closes, the winner will be allowed to choose a theme for the next contest.

5. The next contest will not begin until the first of the month, when submissions are allowed once again.

6. Only one official submission per contestant. You may create as many character as you want, but you can only enter one official character. So please put “final or official entry in your post when your ready to turn in your finished character.

7. You are allowed to wait until the final day to turn in your entry. If you wish to keep your entry private until the day the poll opens you can request it in the submission thread or by private message to the organizer (me, Zaku).

This months entry period officially starts May 1, 2008 and lasts until May 23, 2008. Entries will be gathered and put up for voting on May 18, 2008. Voting will end on the following Sunday.***

Entries can either be private messaged or posted in the submission thread. The submission thread can also be used to post works in progress to gather feedback from other posters. You do not have to post your entries in the thread if you don't wish to (for those who want to be private about what they are working on), until the last day of submissions. The whole idea is to promote quality entries but it's not required to submit early if you are confident in your entry but want to keep your submission secret until the due date.

I will periodically update the thread to keep track of the names of all contestants and list those names here. Those who wish to keep entries private until the due date should still inform me they are entering so I can keep track of who is competing.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them here or private message me, I'll do my best to answer.

***A few notes about due dates and other "stuff"***
The due date ends at 11:59 (midnight basically) UTC/GMT. The polling will be up one day later after 11:59 (again, midnight). I will try to be as lenient as I can with last minute submissions but only slightly.

It is up to you as a contestant to know what your time zone is in relation to UTC/GMT. I cannot do this for you. Here is a site that can help you figure that out: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_UTC.aspx

* this format is the original work of Solace. I have merely edited it to fit this contest.

EDIT!!!!: I've eztended the entry time since everyone has entered so late.

Last edited by Zaku Hyuga; 2008-05-15 at 18:06.
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 07:03   Link #2
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Entrants so far May 2008

*Keikan*
*Spectacular_Insanity*
*Sharfan*
*Reith*

Last edited by Zaku Hyuga; 2008-05-23 at 12:10.
Old 2008-05-02, 07:05   Link #3
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

*reserved again*
Old 2008-05-14, 21:38   Link #4
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Location: Shady spaces and dark places, where animals fear to tread. . .
How exactly do we enter? I haven't logged on for a while.
Sharfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 23:11   Link #5
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharfan View Post
How exactly do we enter? I haven't logged on for a while.
Simply post your entry in this thread in spoiler tags, or if you don't want anyone to see it until voting begins pm it to me. I have restarted this contest in the other forum I frequent and it has an extended entry period. Just go here http://breathoffire.freeforums.org/n...2008-t208.html
Old 2008-05-15, 01:42   Link #6
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

What is a water user..?

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 03:23   Link #7
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
What is a water user..?
Very simply, a ninja that uses mainly water element technques. I think I know EXACTLY what I'm going to do for this contest....
Old 2008-05-15, 16:27   Link #8
Reith
Light Gaia
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Reith
I'm gonna PM you mine's Zaku. I made a mistake on Breath of Fire Central and said I would post it here. Also is this thread the voting thread?

Edit- DAMMITT!!!!!!!!!! Insanity's here!! A warning to all!!! Try your very hardest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Reith; 2008-05-15 at 16:51.
Reith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 18:04   Link #9
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reith View Post
I'm gonna PM you mine's Zaku. I made a mistake on Breath of Fire Central and said I would post it here. Also is this thread the voting thread?

Edit- DAMMITT!!!!!!!!!! Insanity's here!! A warning to all!!! Try your very hardest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No this is not the voting thread. An entirely new thread will be made once the entry phase has ended.
Old 2008-05-15, 19:48   Link #10
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I finished my character, and sent to to Zaku, because I'm not sure if we're supposed to be posting it here or not anymore.

Good luck to all who decide to participate.
Old 2008-05-17, 00:53   Link #11
Keikan
Kingkiller

Location: Where the lava and the waterfall are struck by the shadows
Send a message via MSN to Keikan
Here is my character. It is half an attempt. It's actually one of a series but I'll post it anyway. I know it doesn't have lots of jutsu explanations but there was just too many. All the names are fairly well self-explanatory anyway.

Official Entry:
Spoiler for My Suiton User:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku Hyuga View Post
EDIT!!!!: I've eztended the entry time since everyone has entered so late.
EDIT: One question ... extended until when Zaku??
I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep.

My name is Kvothe. You may have heard of me.

Last edited by Keikan; 2008-05-17 at 23:10.
Keikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 10:16   Link #12
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keikan View Post
EDIT: One question ... extended until when Zaku??

I origianlly had it set to end on the 15th but extended it until 23. Other wise we'd only have like two participants, wouldn't be to hard to vote.
Old 2008-05-21, 15:03   Link #13
Reith
Light Gaia
*Artist

Zaku I'll PM mine's soon. I thought it'd be quick but the BG for my person is REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY long, so I'm finally at the end, putting down the last jutsu. It'll be ready b4 Friday.
Old 2008-05-21, 22:21   Link #14
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

EDIT: Thanks for still letting me enter. I promise that that will never happen again.
Some of you may remember this character, because I posted it a while back. I changed some stuff so here it is.

Spoiler for Sheteki Anaiga:

Last edited by Sharfan; 2008-05-22 at 15:07. Reason: My brother did something completely off topic
Old 2008-05-21, 22:25   Link #15
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Sorry for double posting, but I have to say something. That wasn't me that posted, my brother got on to my computer and looked through my files, copied and posted. I'm sorry that it doesn't have anything to do with this forum. I give my sincerest apologies. I will make it up by not entering the contest if you will forgive me for making it too easy for my brother. I just now caught him and he is being punished. Sorry again.
Old 2008-05-22, 09:36   Link #16
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharfan View Post
Sorry for double posting, but I have to say something. That wasn't me that posted, my brother got on to my computer and looked through my files, copied and posted. I'm sorry that it doesn't have anything to do with this forum. I give my sincerest apologies. I will make it up by not entering the contest if you will forgive me for making it too easy for my brother. I just now caught him and he is being punished. Sorry again.
You don't have to not enter because your brother did that. You can either just delete that post and make a new post with your official character between today and tomorrow, midnight tomorrow is the cutoff time. Or just edit that one and replace the fire character with whatever water user ur going to plan on entering.
Old 2008-05-23, 05:15   Link #17
Reith
Light Gaia
*Artist

Here's my entry, I'm not late, its only Friday morning.

Spoiler for Aisu Joufu:
Old 2008-05-23, 12:09   Link #18
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Well looks as we have four entrants so far. Not a bad turn out, was hoping for more. But there's still until midnight to enter. So if you want to enter and haven't yet you still have time! Good luck everyone. I'm going to post the entrants so far this month below the rules post. There could be a possible last minute entry from a certain Thread Vet. from the Create Your Own Jutsu or Character thread, if he does enter you could all be in deep trouble. BTW it's not me.

The Entry period is now OVER! now begins the voting phase. Once I get the voting thread up I'll put the link in here if so you can get to it if you can't find it.

Last edited by Zaku Hyuga; 2008-05-24 at 09:54.
Old 2008-05-24, 18:10   Link #19
Reith
Light Gaia
*Artist

Entry period has ended on Bermuda Day(May 24th)! YEAH! And FYI, Yes I'm Bermudian.
Old 2008-05-25, 01:10   Link #20
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku Hyuga View Post
Well looks as we have four entrants so far. Not a bad turn out, was hoping for more. But there's still until midnight to enter. So if you want to enter and haven't yet you still have time! Good luck everyone. I'm going to post the entrants so far this month below the rules post. There could be a possible last minute entry from a certain Thread Vet. from the Create Your Own Jutsu or Character thread, if he does enter you could all be in deep trouble. BTW it's not me.

The Entry period is now OVER! now begins the voting phase. Once I get the voting thread up I'll put the link in here if so you can get to it if you can't find it.
Dude, I PM'd my character to you over the 3 day period when I was banned.... did you get it? I sent it ages ago. It is posted in the CYONCOJ thread:
HERE

It was posted May 15th, so I still qualify, technically.

Here it is if you're too lazy to follow the link:
Spoiler for Itokawa Daisuke:

His background is not nearly as long as I intended, but hes a fairly simple character, with simple dreams and goals. Pretty average, but he was fun to write nonetheless.