AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-12, 13:14   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Characters discussion - Ushiromiya Family and the other humans

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things related to the Ushiromiya Family and the other humans.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Umineko no Naku Koro ni fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Please note that considering the huge number of characters in the franchise, this thread was created in order to provide a place for everyone to discuss about "non main" human characters. There are already threads for the main characters, as follow: Battler, George, Jessica, Maria, Shannon, Kanon and Ange.

Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • As the anime progresses, Please use spoiler tags!VN Spoilers are NOT allowed, except if they are used for comparison sake about events that have been already shown in the anime (or if the timing has been bypassed with no way to be disclosed later on).These must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN. Also please be sure to use spoiler tags for critical scenes from the Anime series with a proper title (like Episode X-Y) in order to not spoil people who didn't catch up the latest anime episodes yet.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-01-12 at 13:28.
Old 2010-01-15, 23:22   Link #2
Tsuki Aoi Usagi

All the parents are pretty badass. At first, Krauss seems like a jerk, but deep down he's really nice and regrets how he treated his siblings terrible in the past. <3

Hideyoshi can be a bit boring and bland sometimes, but his scenes with Eva are so cute. ;o;

Heck, even Kinzo is cool sometimes. Crazy!cool, but amusing nonetheless.

I like Kumasawa and Gohda, as far as servants go. Kumasawa and her boob joke to Battler at the first episode was so epic. xD
Old 2010-01-16, 08:54   Link #3
Maya-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki Aoi Usagi View Post
I like Kumasawa and Gohda, as far as servants go. Kumasawa and her boob joke to Battler at the first episode was so epic. xD
Not to mention her mackerel and penguin meat jokes.
Old 2010-01-17, 13:51   Link #4
Gohda
Magical Gohda Chef

The human characters in Umineko are just so epic, lol. xD
They're my favourite characters in the entire franchise...just look at the awesomeness of Gohda, the only servant of the Ushiromiya family who isn't afraid to open a can of beer while enjoying the rose garden when the Ushiromiya's are out of town.

And who could forget Kumasawa's mackerel jokes? xD
And should I really be telling you what makes Rudolf and Kyrie so epic? And what about Nanjo? Kinzo? Man...they're all so awesome...
Old 2010-01-19, 06:33   Link #5
xMelonchii
some sort of girl...

The parents were pretty epic XD Crazy, and cool ;D. I also like others like Kumasawa and the magical Gohda chef -w-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki Aoi Usagi View Post
Hideyoshi can be a bit boring and bland sometimes, but his scenes with Eva are so cute. ;o;
I totally agree xD. I really like Hideyoshi and Eva's relationship alongside with Rudolf's and Kyrie~

Thank you Jze0 for the sig and avvie
Old 2011-01-04, 07:58   Link #6
Becca-chan

I actually really like the Ushiromiya family, I mean sure sometimes they're not exactly the perfect family, what with the arguements over the inheritence and all...but really, is there any such thing as a perfect family?

They all have their own quirks that are sometimes explored in side stories or during the games ( Krauss and his hotel on the moon anyone?) and such, but it's also been shown that they are capable of caring for one another.
Maybe not so much in a lovey dovey type way...but it's been proven all the same.

It's just a shame that the arguements over the gold seems to ruin all of that...
Old 2011-01-04, 08:03   Link #7
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I like Kyrie. She's smart, but tries not to act in such a way that will put her husband in a bad spot.
Old 2011-01-04, 09:03   Link #8
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

That's cause she's cold and manipulative >_>

But, I still like her just the same, heheh.
Old 2011-01-04, 09:14   Link #9
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Well, I'll just say... I wouldn't mind Rosa slapping me ;>

Otherwise, I think the Ushiromiya family is great. Even though their insane-threathening discussion, they all care about eachother. Or,maybe not all but... As long as they prentend they do. I also really liked Kyrie, even though everything that happened around her. She's the most intelligent and calm out of the bunch, which just made me fall for her.
Old 2011-01-04, 11:38   Link #10
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I never liked Kyrie...

Old 2011-01-05, 07:42   Link #11
neutrino

I thought the second generation were otherwise nice people who got caught in their family's history and dysfunction. The third gen looked like they were going to escape, but unfortunately the events in the games happened.
Old 2011-01-05, 11:25   Link #12
Maya-chan

I actually found the human characters in Umineko much more interesting than the witches and demons. They each had their own interesting history, their flows and virtues. It's quite rare to find such characters, who resemble real people instead of being stereotypical anime characters. I especially loved the adults, all of whom would have been great people if they had grown up in a healthier environment. I would have loved to see more focus on them, since some of them really had more to offer to the series, like Hideyoshi. The children were also pretty good, all of them full of hopes and plans for the future and ready to step into the world of adults. And the knowledge that all of them are pretty much doomed made them very tragic characters.

My only serious complaint in this series is that I wanted a bit more of the Ushiromiya family and a bit less of the Meta-World characters.
Old 2011-01-07, 08:23   Link #13
C-chan
A mere observer

I hope the other minor characters (especially the adults) gets more character development. Most of the time, we get these developments from the Umineko moms, to point, Eva and Rosa. The Ushiromiya family isn't that perfect but as the game continues, we see Krauss actually caring for his siblings, Eva's other side, and Rosa's big changes.

But, the only thing is, they seem to forget these developments after a game finishes. If a fragment ever exists where they remember what they have done at those hard times, maybe the Ushiromiya family isn't that bad at all.

Kyrie, of course gets her screentime, but more of a negative side of her real personality.

The Ushiromiya family is still mysterious as of now.

Notes of A Normal Highschool Girl

Without love, it cannot be seen.
Without love, magic cannot be seen.
Without love, even the truth cannot be seen.

Closed Thread