AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-04, 19:24   Link #621
Seihai
スマイリウム

Isana's character song Pastel Macchiato is very nice. It gives me this sweet, innocent and harmonic feeling that reminds me of her character's honesty and kindness. Ah, the song title and the cover make me thirsty for some actual Latte Macchiato.

Whereas Yumeji's songs are... yeah, they're like Yumeji I guess. While I don't particular like them a lot, the songs do represent Yumeji as the kinda freaky, overmotivated but also a little badass hero we know.
Old 2011-03-05, 00:16   Link #622
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Too much manga talk around here. Way too much...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 00:25   Link #623
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Honestly, I thought this was a horrible episode. Awkward, sloppy, choppy, and lazy cinematography, ugly faces at some points, a few annoying angles here and there. And the story execution was just... ew. It was just boring and felt like a chore to watch. I had to try REALLY hard to resist the temptation to just skim through the episode.
Old 2011-03-05, 00:57   Link #624
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Jyukai tried, but the winner is...:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 06:12   Link #625
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Too much manga talk around here. Way too much...
Fine by me, and they don't have any rule about it anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Honestly, I thought this was a horrible episode. Awkward, sloppy, choppy, and lazy cinematography, ugly faces at some points, a few annoying angles here and there. And the story execution was just... ew. It was just boring and felt like a chore to watch. I had to try REALLY hard to resist the temptation to just skim through the episode.
Animation always stands out as ugly/lazy when you have such excellent background and character designs, I don't think this episode was all that different from the previous ones, and has by no stretch reached Deen or KyoAni levels

As for the story, dunno seemed fine to me, what did you expect?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 08:23   Link #626
Bordix

That was surprisingly harsh. I mean, was the blood really necessary when the teacher kicked her around?
Old 2011-03-05, 09:51   Link #627
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
That was surprisingly harsh. I mean, was the blood really necessary when the teacher kicked her around?
Said teacher is possessed by a serial killer.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 10:20   Link #628
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Said teacher is possessed by a serial killer.
And now we have confirmation why that school was particularly affected. Pretty smart targeting the teacher.

That demon is really brutal. I hope we won't see her go down at the end of this season. Strong enemies make this series more enjoyable.
Old 2011-03-05, 11:39   Link #629
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
F
As for the story, dunno seemed fine to me, what did you expect?
It's not the story itself I had a problem with, just the way it was executed. The way they quickly jump from one subject/situation to the next annoys me. Like, they'll spend a very short amount of time on something I feel as though should've taken longer to resolve (and vice versa). Then again, that isn't something that is special to this episode alone. People complained of awkward pacing in the first couple of episodes as well. But it's just my own personal opinion.
Old 2011-03-05, 12:12   Link #630
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Since the class president (the one with the telephone friend) is fine; how come they are doubting themselves with this killing muma destroys humans business.
Old 2011-03-05, 12:20   Link #631
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Since the class president (the one with the telephone friend) is fine; how come they are doubting themselves with this killing muma destroys humans business.
They could have also checked on that little girl too. I guess we're thinking too much or they're not thinking enough.
Old 2011-03-05, 13:43   Link #632
Roxasvsriku
★★★★★
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totemstock View Post
Seeing how I could not find another Yumekui Merry thread, could i request an avatar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SJ_NJeUGdI

0:17-0:23 creditless please. Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for Jyukai tried, but the winner is...:
Lol'd hard.
Roxasvsriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 14:09   Link #633
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
It's not the story itself I had a problem with, just the way it was executed. The way they quickly jump from one subject/situation to the next annoys me. Like, they'll spend a very short amount of time on something I feel as though should've taken longer to resolve (and vice versa). Then again, that isn't something that is special to this episode alone. People complained of awkward pacing in the first couple of episodes as well. But it's just my own personal opinion.
True, it's probably because I am also watching the two shows from Deen this season, that scene transition issues in Merry pass under the radar
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 14:55   Link #634
Sekirei07

You know I thought it was a bit clever how they set up the teacher to be the real serial killer rather than the transfer student.

I was until the reveal thought that the teacher was Mr. Lighthouse. The scene where he was talking to the girl and that bright light reflection in the background pretty much screamed that he was possessed by the Lighthouse man.
Old 2011-03-05, 17:54   Link #635
Totemstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxasvsriku View Post

Lol'd hard.
Thanks a bunch, But is it possible to have it as slow as the opening?
Totemstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 18:05   Link #636
Roxasvsriku
★★★★★
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totemstock View Post
Thanks a bunch, But is it possible to have it as slow as the opening?
Slower:

Even Slower:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
You know I thought it was a bit clever how they set up the teacher to be the real serial killer rather than the transfer student.
Yeah, other then the fact he reminds me of the teacher from High School of the Dead.
Roxasvsriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 22:07   Link #637
Totemstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxasvsriku View Post
Slower:

Even Slower:

Yeah, other then the fact he reminds me of the teacher from High School of the Dead.
Hey thank you so much! Thatmakes me want to learn how to do that too!
Totemstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 22:32   Link #638
Midonin
Last Engage

The character songs are pretty nice (Engi's and Yui's are up next), but I want to get my hands on the OST. Not for the incidental music (though there are some nice pieces in there), but for the final track. Guricho's theme song.

Guricho/Gachiranger crossover. A man can dream.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 00:43   Link #639
dark998

The battle against Landsborough and the clowns was too short. Just when the music was starting to heat up...it ended.

Very interesting reveal that little bugger had under the sleeve, though. If the dream demons are that deeply connected to their vessels, the only hope is to have Merry remove them manually rather than being destroyed by Engi or someone else. She is the key to everything.

And Isana can feel jeolusy! Her reaction was funny, with the typical flame aura. But surprisingly the cause was Yui and not Merry. Can't be helped, Yui is VERY cute.

Second cliffhanger ending in a row and things are not looking good for Isana. It's time for Yumeji to become a SUPERHERO and save the day.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 02:37   Link #640
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The power of Isana's jealousy is strong. Of course Yui is definitely a strong rival for her to get worried. Liked getting more of her thoughts behind the situation.

This is definitely a tough spot. They have to fight in order to avoid things getting worse, but killing the Muma will cause serious damage to the humans. I suppose the only hope is that they can slowly recover naturally or they are pretty much doomed. Merry's uniqueness might hint at a miracle hope that Yumeji is pretty much counting on. Otherwise he'd just be bashing against reality until he broke.

But yeah as expected the councilor was involved in this. Felt really bad for the girl not only getting hit in the dream, but then getting physically beaten like that. Getting hit while down in every possible way.

Not looking good for Isana now. They have to find a way to safely remove the enemies and then they can start dealing with the real problem. Still nice character song for Isana though .

Tags
fantasy, seinen