AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-01, 01:04   Link #121
HikariYume

I think the words Itachi whispered to Sasuke where "Foolish little brother"...

Spoiler for Itachi...Ch.393:
Old 2008-04-01, 13:00   Link #122
mrsticky005
Banned

hmm it didn't really look like a "foolish little brother" moment.
Itachi usually looks intimidating when he says that.
Itachi looked kind of regretful or disappointed here.

My theory for Itachi saying "Tobi is Madara" to Sasuke is because I think Itachi's ultimate goal was to destroy Uchiha Madara by whatever means necessary. Sasuke might be Itachi's last resort and he would be pretty desperate if he knew/thought he was about to die.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 20:55   Link #123
HikariYume

Tobi is Madara this Tobi is Madara that...That's all i hear these days in the Naruto fandom... And now...it has to be what Itachi whispered in Sasuke's ears? Come on..
Old 2008-04-01, 23:10   Link #124
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Well i guess this chapter 394 just answered this question.
Old 2008-04-02, 10:03   Link #125
mrsticky005
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariYume View Post
Tobi is Madara this Tobi is Madara that...That's all i hear these days in the Naruto fandom... And now...it has to be what Itachi whispered in Sasuke's ears? Come on..
Well here's my reasoning for it. Itachi is Madara's student but yet he doesn't seem too fond of Madara in fact he considers him a failure. Itachi's evil there's no doubt about that but he has somewhat good intentions of using Sasuke's eyes to restore the Uchiha Clan. But how exactly would having those "eyes" help Itachi do such a thing? Well one way would be to kill off the person who ultimately screwed over the Uchiha clan...Uchiha Madara. Now assuming that Itachi realized that he would not be able to take his brother's eyes he still would be desperate to restore the Uchiha Clan via killing Madara, he might consider using Sasuke as a last minute replacement.
After all if he didn't want Sasuke to kill Madara then what was the point of mentioning him to Sasuke in the first place (or for that matter the whole "eye" dealio.)? Now this in no way makes Itachi the nice big bro again. It's quite clear that Itachi only considers Sasuke as a tool. Same way that Zabuza used to think Haku was a tool for him to use.
I know this whole Uchiha thing is getting a bit out of hand but now that we've got into this mess with Madara and what not it would nice to have over and done with. That way when we're watching someone like Pain fight we're not thinking in the back of are heads "I wonder what Madara is up to?"
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 11:25   Link #126
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
Yes I think Itachi will lose to Sasuke because Sasuke has gotten stronger after training with Orochimaru and he has many advantages.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 12:08   Link #127
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimingan12 View Post
Yes I think Itachi will lose to Sasuke because Sasuke has gotten stronger after training with Orochimaru and he has many advantages.
Itachi is dead and lost to Sasuke end of discussion
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 12:31   Link #128
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
'Cept he didn't really lose because he planned for Sasuke to win the whole time.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 12:35   Link #129
james0246

Quote:
I refuse to admit this . Itachi commited suicide and he had a venereal disease from his sluty girlfriend as well. Sasuke just managed to withstand a diying man's final pity fight (I am partially joking when I say all of this).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 12:42   Link #130
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
I refuse to admit this . Itachi commited suicide and he had a venereal disease from his sluty girlfriend as well. Sasuke just managed to withstand a diying man's final pity fight (I am partially joking when I say all of this).
But whether it be through a handicap Sasuke won, if you were in a fight to the death and you had a heart attack the other person won by default and that is exactly what happened except Itachi had tuberculosis and his lungs stopped working so he coughed up blood and died
Old 2008-05-27, 12:57   Link #131
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
But whether it be through a handicap Sasuke won, if you were in a fight to the death and you had a heart attack the other person won by default and that is exactly what happened except Itachi had tuberculosis and his lungs stopped working so he coughed up blood and died
It's not the same thing. In a case like Kimimaro, where sickness causes defeat, I still give the win to the opponent. Itachi was sick, but also intended for Sasuke to win from the beginning, meaning Sasuke wasn't in danger of ever losing. Itachi fought just hard enough to force out the cursed seal, but not to kill Sasuke.

Unfortunately, final fight between Sasuke and Itachi was basically a thrown match.

Old 2008-05-27, 13:01   Link #132
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
It's not the same thing. In a case like Kimimaro, where sickness causes defeat, I still give the win to the opponent. Itachi was sick, but also intended for Sasuke to win from the beginning, meaning Sasuke wasn't in danger of ever losing. Itachi fought just hard enough to force out the cursed seal, but not to kill Sasuke.

Unfortunately, final fight between Sasuke and Itachi was basically a thrown match.
So basically it was like a wrestling match
Old 2008-05-27, 13:08   Link #133
james0246

Quote:
That is a good description. Everything was stagged to make Sasuke fell good about himself. Sadly enough, Madara did not like that "happy ending", and intervened.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 14:44   Link #134
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Yeah, except one contender had no idea that he was fighting in a rigged match.

Quote:
Sadly enough, Madara did not like that "happy ending", and intervened.
He also managed to thwart the "surprise ending" Itachi had in store for him (Sasuke's implanted Amaterasu).

Old 2008-05-28, 13:06   Link #135
Lucifer-Angel
Oxymoron

Quote:
That is a good description. Everything was stagged to make Sasuke fell good about himself. Sadly enough, Madara did not like that "happy ending", and intervened.
Not entirely, Sasuke never wanted to kill Itachi to feel good about himself, in a retrospect he may had achieved what he wanted to do from the very beginning, but given a situation, he would rather choose to not kill. Staging to have him win is not the same was staging the match to have feel good.

Judging by the last page, it seemed as though he achieved a new resolution, and yes, while we could say that he is definitely shocked, it's hard to tell whether he is fully happy from the outcome. Or perhaps he may had achieved a new resolution because he did what his brother wanted, albeit shrouded with misery somewhat.
Lucifer-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 13:09   Link #136
$akura
Tell me this isn't TLC

I wouldn't be surprised if a million other people said this already, but...
Spoiler:
$akura is offline   Reply With Quote