AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-07, 09:23   Link #261
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Without a doubt, I assume, that Kurosaki Isshin is a former Royal Guard, Zero Division...
Old 2008-10-14, 07:02   Link #262
Bokkin

Exclamation King Isshin

All right, I had an epiphany. We all know that the King could not live on the human world, neither then could zero division. This would totally defeat the purpose of the king's key and the separate dimension in soul society. What we do know is that when we saw Ichigo's father as a death god he was serious and calculating whereas in everyday life he's crazy and kicks Ichigo in the face. So why couldn't the King or the king's guard say take a visit to the human world and leave a gigai behind when they leave. Same idea as Ichigo using advanced AI gigai like Kon. This would explain Ichigo's immense power, his mother being attacked (hollow sensed residual spiritual pressure during a visit), and no one knowing his name (only if he was royalty (if he was zero division someone would have heard of Kurosaki before his promotion) this would explain wht yama-gi wouldn't have immediately headed any of Kurosaki Ichigo's wishes because he is royalty). I really do hope it ends up this way and rather than it be "Prince" Ichigo but "King" Isshin that messes up Aizen. Speaking of which why aren't the Vizard fighting arracar that have come to town? You would think that they'd clean up shop since their captain level+ hollowfication which sets them above almost everybody but maybe Yama.
Old 2008-11-15, 09:53   Link #263
Hman355

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Personally I don't think he had another name.
The fact that his name doesn't seem to ring a bell could have other reasons:
I doubt, that each Shinigami in the Gotei 13 knows the name of every other Shinigami there and even the captains' names shouldn't be known to everyone (except the own captain). In a normal army you usually know only your immediate superiors (at most) and not every existing general, and maybe those whou could have known the name didn't come in contact with Ichigo.
The next thing is, that so far we only know the Gotei 13 and those special guys from Soi Fong (who aren't very talkative). There is still another army (Kidou corps or the like), and it's even more unlikely, that you know the members of the other corps by name.
AND there are still the mysterious royal guards!

Personally I think, that he left SS not only 20 years ago, but much longer, because he knows Urahara really well, and Urahara already left more than 100 years ago (as we all know). Since he wasn't mentioned, when they said, that Urahara and Yoruichi fled, I guess, that he already left before those two.

BTW, if you give this theory, shouldn't you at least try to give an explanation, how this could be possible? It's unlikely, that they just let the corpse of Kaien in place for Urahara to find it. They would have taken it back to SS, which is a world Urahara can't enter.
If what you say is correct and Isshin did leave over a hundred years ago then there would be only a handle full of people to identify him...one of them being Ashido(the shinigami stuck in the "Menos forest"). As he told Rukia that he and his companions entered the HM over 100 years ago. Furthermore Rukia has sworn to come back for Ashido and from what i've seen (plus the way she punched ichigo after he ventured off into HM without her) she doesn't leave friends behind. So Ashido may have a very important role in the whole "Isshin Kurosaki" history debate.

We all know that the white ripped robe on his arm looks like a captains robe, but has anyone checked out his Zanpaku-to. This is taken from Wikipedia; "It is also worn with the edge down like a tachi, instead of the edge up like a katana."
This could mean that he was probably some very special within the SS, but this other statment pulled from Bleach wiki; "Isshin Kurosaki - Former Captain; Squad has not yet been revealed" almost proves that he was a captain but obviously says nothing about his seat after that.
Old 2008-11-24, 21:31   Link #264
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Spoiler for not really a spoiler:

That's my $.02 speculation

Last edited by tensashinigami; 2008-11-24 at 21:45.
Old 2008-11-24, 21:37   Link #265
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokkin View Post
All right, I had an epiphany. We all know that the King could not live on the human world, neither then could zero division. This would totally defeat the purpose of the king's key and the separate dimension in soul society. What we do know is that when we saw Ichigo's father as a death god he was serious and calculating whereas in everyday life he's crazy and kicks Ichigo in the face. So why couldn't the King or the king's guard say take a visit to the human world and leave a gigai behind when they leave. Same idea as Ichigo using advanced AI gigai like Kon. This would explain Ichigo's immense power, his mother being attacked (hollow sensed residual spiritual pressure during a visit), and no one knowing his name (only if he was royalty (if he was zero division someone would have heard of Kurosaki before his promotion) this would explain wht yama-gi wouldn't have immediately headed any of Kurosaki Ichigo's wishes because he is royalty). I really do hope it ends up this way and rather than it be "Prince" Ichigo but "King" Isshin that messes up Aizen. Speaking of which why aren't the Vizard fighting arracar that have come to town? You would think that they'd clean up shop since their captain level+ hollowfication which sets them above almost everybody but maybe Yama.
That's a REALLY interesting theory! I like this idea of him being in a gigai most of the time and comes back when he needs to be there (and acts serious...). Imagine he was a permanent guard of zero division? Well anyhow... interesting thought process.
Old 2008-11-24, 22:09   Link #266
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yeah interesting theory. But I was thinking that if Ichigo was a "Prince" earlyer in the episode when he went to S.S. to save Rukia they would not have called him a intruder they would have found out, and called him "Prince". And they would have had to do what he says with his fathers saying in it because he is king.

Or Isshin Kurosaki got married and went to S.S. for protection for his family and they refused because he married a human so he retired form being a soul reaper and stayed in Gigi form to live in the Real world with his Wife. And want to keep it all a secret from it happening, and that he was once a soul reaper and now he is retired soul reaper. And erased all memory of him being retired.

Or he got banned form S.S. and was never heard from again.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-12-01, 23:06   Link #267
Bokkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera View Post
Yeah interesting theory. But I was thinking that if Ichigo was a "Prince" earlyer in the episode when he went to S.S. to save Rukia they would not have called him a intruder they would have found out, and called him "Prince". And they would have had to do what he says with his fathers saying in it because he is king.

Or Isshin Kurosaki got married and went to S.S. for protection for his family and they refused because he married a human so he retired form being a soul reaper and stayed in Gigi form to live in the Real world with his Wife. And want to keep it all a secret from it happening, and that he was once a soul reaper and now he is retired soul reaper. And erased all memory of him being retired.

Or he got banned form S.S. and was never heard from again.
You have a point but how do we know what his real name is? Do you really think someone like the king would keep his real name if he had a secret family in the real world? I believe that the king may even be older the the captain-commander if so no one would even have had heard of him or know what he looks like. I think Isshin is more likely from zero division but never count out royalty you never know how deep any secret is in SS.
Old 2008-12-02, 19:47   Link #268
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You have a point but how do we know what his real name is? Do you really think someone like the king would keep his real name if he had a secret family in the real world? I believe that the king may even be older the the captain-commander if so no one would even have had heard of him or know what he looks like. I think Isshin is more likely from zero division but never count out royalty you never know how deep any secret is in SS.
Yea hiding his idenity from when he once was a soulreaper.
Spoiler for Manga Sorta off topic:

I wonder when Ichigo would find out his dad is a soulreaper. Ichigo would be like "What?!".

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-12-03, 03:03   Link #269
Hav0kkx

Well, when Karin confronted Ichigo about knowing he is a shinigami, he just ignored her, which really ticked me off. They should have had Ichigo make Karin promise him that she wouldn't say anything, and that little secret between them could help them bond or whatever. I wonder if Karin had keep he speculations a secret, or possibly told Yuzu about them...

But I really doubt Ichigo is going to discover Isshin's status anytime soon. It just wouldn't fit into the current plot.
Old 2008-12-04, 14:42   Link #270
chillen08

I believe that isshin is a former royal guard, which is why none of the normal Shinigami know of him...He is likely very very old.
Old 2008-12-04, 17:33   Link #271
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

I think Isshin was a Captain Commander before Yamamoto. He was expelled and sent to earth. Simple
Old 2008-12-10, 02:21   Link #272
Bokkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillen08 View Post
I believe that isshin is a former royal guard, which is why none of the normal Shinigami know of him...He is likely very very old.
Why would none of the current shinigami's have heard of him? In the pendulum arc you clearly knew that the previous captain who was being replaced by Urahara was and she was heading off to zero division/royal guard. I still now am leaning toward current zero division captain or King with an AI gigai in the real world and with a secret name which is why no one has heard of Kurosaki. Isshin is going to be a beast I just can't wait to see the extent.
Old 2008-12-17, 17:42   Link #273
KnyghtMare

I wonder... has anybody considered the idea that Isshin was captain of 3rd squad 1 year before chapter -108 and Rose took his seat? This would most likely mean he was interred by Urahara who had a habit of freeing those "dangerous elements" he could use.
Old 2008-12-17, 20:01   Link #274
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGrimmjow View Post
but as you see rukia had the body puppet. and used it to regain her power as a shinigami and urahara looked at isshin says ahh looks like you got your shinigami power back. and it never said that arrancar was the person who killed his wife. but call me crazy i think its more then meets the eye some say on other forums he is the SS King. i dont believe that. that's going a little to far. but i do believe he was of some high class in SS
Ok I know this is a bit old but I have to comment on it since it just gets so much wrong.
1) the gigai Rukia had was not restoreing her powers like a normal one would in fact it was draining them and turning her human. Had she spent another month in it she would no longer have been a shinigami. It's a bit debatable if she could become one after she died again.

2) that arrancar was GrandFisher who unless KT has been realy misleading us, was the one who killed Ichigo's mother. and it is quite clear Isshin and Urahara are talking about Isshin getting revenge for that night
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-12-17, 20:07   Link #275
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnyghtMare View Post
I wonder... has anybody considered the idea that Isshin was captain of 3rd squad 1 year before chapter -108 and Rose took his seat? This would most likely mean he was interred by Urahara who had a habit of freeing those "dangerous elements" he could use.
but Shinji would most likely recognize him, yet he didn't
Old 2008-12-17, 22:08   Link #276
KnyghtMare

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
but Shinji would most likely recognize him, yet he didn't
Very good point. Thank you.

I've started a Bleach timeline over at the bleach wiki.
Having it helps to make Isshin theories clearer in my head personally.
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
Old 2008-12-17, 22:21   Link #277
kagato3

Quote:
Very good point. Thank you.

I've started a Bleach timeline over at the bleach wiki.
Having it helps to make Isshin theories clearer in my head personally.
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
Oh I do want to point out you can retire from the devisons, Byakuya's grandfather did as did the owner of the shop where Renji gets his sun glasses. Also Mayuri was the strongest person in the Maggots Nest

Also the Hōgyoku was hidden inside Rukia before Urahara left SS
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-12-17, 22:49   Link #278
KnyghtMare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Oh I do want to point out you can retire from the devisons, Byakuya's grandfather did as did the owner of the shop where Renji gets his sun glasses. Also Mayuri was the strongest person in the Maggots Nest

Also the Hōgyoku was hidden inside Rukia before Urahara left SS
References and quotes for all this?
Old 2008-12-18, 01:24   Link #279
kagato3

Quote:
References and quotes for all this?
Byakuya's grandfather is shown behind Byakuya in the meeting to adopt Rukia. Byakuya is aready wearing his captains coat. (ch 98 page 13) He had also shown a few times in some of the colorful bleach Omakes.
as for the other one from the bleach bootleg data book on squad 6
http://kay-willow.livejournal.com/215970.html
Quote:
Items of interest: (Top secret!)
Before Renji got his promotion to lieutenant, the lieutenant of the 6th division was "Shirogane Ginjirou." Now he's the owner of a store called the "Silver Dragonfly's Lenses." He started doing this work on the side while he was a lieutenant, but when he started getting a lot of business, he resigned from the position. Renji was selected to fill the then-vacated seat. When Renji visited the store, Ginjirou said, "Ah, my replacement!" and gave him a discount. But the prices were so high that even with the discount, Renji couldn't afford to buy the goggles. The Shinigami Men's Association get all their sunglasses from this store. Ginjirou's daughter's name is Mihane. Ginjirou sent a pair of goggles to Byakuya in honor of his former captain, but Byakuya returned them, saying, "I don't want it." But the ex-lieutenant was not dissuaded, and continues to frequently send goggles to the 6th division offices.
FYI the squads 9th seat is Mihane she is also the co-owner

as for the Hōgyoku here http://www.bleachasylum.com/showthread.php?t=2680
but long story short it was not in the Gigai
Old 2008-12-18, 02:22   Link #280
KnyghtMare

That's really weird since Urahara kinda outright says "there is no voluntary retirement". Hmmm....

As for the Hoguku (sp) placement, I removed it in lieu of knowing when he managed to sneak it in there.
Closed Thread