AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 32 21.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 30.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 28.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 12.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.03%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-08, 23:37   Link #161
MarthX

It's because 8 spoiled magical creatures showing up.
Old 2009-10-08, 23:44   Link #162
Shamisen
Talking Cat

Wait. Why does DEEN have to pay for each individual track? From what I heard, Ryukishi randomly searched for these public domain songs over the internet so he/she didn't have to pay for them.
Old 2009-10-08, 23:45   Link #163
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamisen View Post
Wait. Why does DEEN have to pay for each individual track? From what I heard, Ryukishi randomly searched for these public domain songs over the internet so he/she didn't have to pay for them.
No, that was the case with the first four Higurashi arcs. These tracks were made specifically for Umineko by various artists.

Old 2009-10-08, 23:49   Link #164
Shamisen
Talking Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
No, that was the case with the first four Higurashi arcs. These tracks were made specifically for Umineko by various artists.
Ah. Well I suppose that explains why Umineko music is so much better then ...
Old 2009-10-08, 23:49   Link #165
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
So Mini-Eva(Eva-Beatrice) is basically Meta-Eva??
Old 2009-10-09, 01:06   Link #166
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I wondered what was going to happen with Eva having found the gold. Since it was solved the slaughter in theory would have to stop. Dealt with that nicely by having the new Beatrice wanting to continue the ceremony. But damn this one is pretty horrible in her own right. You'd think just dying would be bad. But being tortured non-stop like that is just going beyond. Even if they happen to die from one thing she'll just set them back up to kill them again. Good on Beato to finally go in there and manage things. Though with the restrained way she went about it can't think it'll be long before Eva-Beatrice decides to go over the top again.

This was a pretty key episode for me personally in terms of Beato's character. Personally tried to keep it on the side of the villain going around killing people. Obviously there is a lot more to her that especially has been made clear in this arc. Probably pretty sobering when Battler, Virgilia, and even Ronove left like that.

Clearly an understanding was being built with Beato and Battler although they are up against each other. But enjoying that torture just pushed him too far. It's probably the best shot of any kind he's gotten on her so far in terms of impact. Odd that my first thoughts after everyone had left were 'wow am I really thinking of BattlerxBeato as a pairing?' Episode definitely left a weird feeling.

So anyways the deaths are obviously going to continue and there doesn't seem to be much anyone can do. Wonder if the kid's will come into it next episode?
Old 2009-10-09, 01:18   Link #167
Isekaijin

Battler's barrier... is pink

... He might be a hero for withstanding seeing his family's death over and over again. He might be one of the coolest male leads (despite the whinning and crying). He might have a harem of big ass nee-chans and three witches after him...

...BUT-HIS-BARRIER-IS... PINK!

Expected a more animated scene in the succesion of the Golden Witch. And it's me or Deen is using the same BGM over and over again?
Old 2009-10-09, 01:59   Link #168
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Seriously? I think 16's preview gives away almost 1/3rd of the episode in terms of what happens.
I don't think people are aware those are spoilers until it's (vehemently) pointed out...
Old 2009-10-09, 02:00   Link #169
Chrono Helix

You could almost think Meta-Battler and Meta-Beatrice are on friendly terms before he slapped her.

Was the Beatrice who killed Rosa and Maria Piece or Meta? I found it strange that she'd be feeling sorry for overdoing her killings unless she was Meta-Beatrice who just got a slap from Battler.
Old 2009-10-09, 02:05   Link #170
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Battler's barrier... is pink

... He might be a hero for withstanding seeing his family's death over and over again. He might be one of the coolest male leads (despite the whinning and crying). He might have a harem of big ass nee-chans and three witches after him...

...BUT-HIS-BARRIER-IS... PINK!?
Well it's only obvious it'd be pink, pink is the color of heroism. And in some ways Battler could be considered a hero.

ANY MAN WILLING TO DON PINK IS A MANLY MAN! >=D
Old 2009-10-09, 02:17   Link #171
Antenor
Lucky Bastard

As an anime-only viewer, I'll say this.

The slap was expected -- I'm surprised it took this long to happen, actually --, but Beato's reaction to it was not.

I was following Battler's point of view till it happened: those were murders, done in a very sadistic way to wrangle out enjoyment out of Battler's struggle.

But Beato's reaction was very revealing... She can revive people at will: death means nothing to her. It's only after that slap that she seems to realize that Battler is taking this very seriously.

After Battler's slap, she acts like a child that's scared of having a toy taken away.

At the start, I viewed her as evil. Now, I just see her as chaotic: being nearly all-powerful definitively skews one's moral horizon.
Old 2009-10-09, 02:22   Link #172
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Finally watched it.

And so, Evatrice/Eva-Beatrice is born. Of course as a physical entity... I'll leave that to your interpretation. Naturally, I don't really care much that x track wasn't used in x scene. Seems like a minor issue at this point.

The Bad:

1. Rather shifty animation from time to time. I don't know why they don't allocate equivalent animation budgets on a per episode basis. You can actually notice sometimes how well Evatrice is drawn compared to Lambda and Bern in the very same shot.

2. I didn't really... "feel" the Eva's fever scene. As far as non-action scenes go it's personally one of the better ones in Ep3, but it didn't leave as much an impact about Hideyoshi and Eva's relationship as I hoped it would.

The Good:

1. I thoroughly enjoyed Evatrice's descent into muderous... well madness would be the apt term for it right now, as she killed Rosa and Maria via cake and sea. Really good voice acting and not excessively over the top. The entire scene was impressive throughout. Suck to be Maria and Rosa!

2. This scene:
Spoiler for Scene Spoiler?:

Rather HNNNG! Worthy don't you think?

3. I'm going to have to eat my words and my worries: they managed to sell to me convincingly Beato's... nice and restrained side when she was trying to stop Evatrice. I was actually worried they wouldn't be able to do it right for reasons I'm not allowed to say, but again maybe my worries are unfounded. Well made DEEN, well made.

4. Likewise, that scene between Beato and Maria was a bit heartbreaking.

8/10 for me.
Old 2009-10-09, 03:12   Link #173
Alair

The witch ascension ceremony was a little more restrained than I would have liked but... could have at least had some goats around the place or a bit of buzz and activity... Oh well.

No complaints about the second half of the episode which was handled very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Well it's only obvious it'd be pink, pink is the color of heroism. And in some ways Battler could be considered a hero.

ANY MAN WILLING TO DON PINK IS A MANLY MAN! >=D
Dan Hibiki endorses this message.
Old 2009-10-09, 03:20   Link #174
kuro_usagi

9/10!
Great episode!
I found this episode is more enjoyable than previous EP 3 adaptation episodes~
I like how they done Evatrice's torture scene. It was better than VN where Evatrice seems focused torturing Rosa ONLY & Maria didn't even get mention in scene.
Love the seiyuus, especially Beato & Evatrice (she sounded so evil in the torture scene..O.O)
Old 2009-10-09, 03:24   Link #175
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Odd that my first thoughts after everyone had left were 'wow am I really thinking of BattlerxBeato as a pairing?' Episode definitely left a weird feeling.
Don't worry, a lot of players already shipped Battler x Beato way before Episode 3.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-10-09, 04:47   Link #176
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
And it's me or Deen is using the same BGM over and over again?
It's suspicion. And yes, it's almost been here since ep1. It's ALWAYS HERE. Must be the cheapest BGM in history
I'd link it, but the youtube image has an spoiler
Old 2009-10-09, 05:15   Link #177
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Concerning the next episode preview....
Spoiler for Not REALLY a spoiler....:
Old 2009-10-09, 05:36   Link #178
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm actually surprised how spoilerific the preview is.
Old 2009-10-09, 06:11   Link #179
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I don't get why it's spoiler I'm slow
Old 2009-10-09, 06:18   Link #180
Apathy
does not compute

I like how they're handling this arc so far. 8D Despite feeling that the episode was missing a few things, I think it was good overall.

I missed Happiness of Marionette (really feel like it gave something to the coronation scene) and the clapping scene (Go-Karting With Bowser |D), but I appreciate that they can't fit everything in. Ah, maybe I also felt the transition at the start of the episode was a bit fast, but I guess that can't be helped.

On the other hand, I liked the Eva-Hideyoshi scene and Beatrice stepping in to stop Eva-Beatrice (good character development for her, I thought), and also liked there not being any L5-Rena faces from Maria for once. It may be a good thing I didn't cringe as much at the torture scene as I did in the visual novel, but it was still pretty gruesome as it was. .___.;

Overall, good episode. =3 Looking forward to the next one.
Closed Thread