AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-11, 02:48   Link #961
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
If you also notice, it is Greed who has control now over the body when he is "fully armored". Either that or they're sharing control, but the most likely thing is that Greed is taking into consideration Ling's feeling as well as his own. The "anybody who has someone precious get out now" is probably Greed's concession to Ling, but the "I really don't like fighting women" is definitely Greed.
I also think that Greed is in complete control when he is fully armored. Since it's hard to tell them apart now, the "I really don't like fighting women" is clearly an indication that he's Greed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
(By the way, up until chapter 100, when Ling was in control, his hair covered his left eye. When greed was in control, his hair covered his right eye. in chapter 100, and a bit during chapter 99, we see this change in seemingly eveyr panel on eveyr page, regardless of who is in control.)
The part with his hair is just random, and tells nothing at all imo. Back in the old days when Ling is just Ling, his bangs change positions all the time too.
Old 2009-10-11, 05:39   Link #962
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
If Mustang can so easily heal Hawkeye with Rentanjutsu, I don't think Goldtooth would've even tried to hurt her like that.

Ha. I knew Roy was going to be a human sacrifice.
We all did. We were just kidding ourselves thinking it could be Marcoh. He was never nearly as relevant as Mustang for that.

And about Greed being in full control now, that's probably the case. But I think he sympathizes with what Ling just went through and is acting fiercely and determined accordingly.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 06:04   Link #963
Jarmel

Forgot to mention, I wonder what Truth will take from Mustang in exchange for the knowledge. It's usually things that are important to the person so I wonder if it would be Mustang's "Johnny".
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 06:07   Link #964
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

If Mustang performs a human transmutation then Dr.Goldtooth might help him healing Riza. However then Father's plan will be successfull as he will have all the 5 sacrifices. Also Hohenheim did not have much success in halting Father's plan. Mustang can also choose the option of sacrificing his subordinate to save Amestris but that would not be much like him... Damn he is in such a dilemma on one side Amestris and the other Riza..
Recently Fuu sacrificed himself to kill Wrath. I wonder what Arakawa is planning for Riza. Mind blowing !!this chapter was really big for the 100th.
Old 2009-10-11, 06:11   Link #965
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Forgot to mention, I wonder what Truth will take from Mustang in exchange for the knowledge. It's usually things that are important to the person so I wonder if it would be Mustang's "Johnny".
That apparently happened to Scar's brother in the first anime series, and I'd rather not see a repeat of it. Especially to poor Roy.

And I'll feel he'll be given a Philisopher's Stone to do it, that way he won't have to lose anything.
Old 2009-10-11, 07:17   Link #966
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
What Truth takes seems to be random but the whole Mustang is a womanizer is actually false anyways. That's just an image he puts on.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 07:17   Link #967
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
That apparently happened to Scar's brother in the first anime series, and I'd rather not see a repeat of it. Especially to poor Roy.

And I'll feel he'll be given a Philisopher's Stone to do it, that way he won't have to lose anything.
I'm thinking the same. And even if he's not given one, Mustang's gonna perform a transmutation to save someone's life rather than bring it back from the dead, so I doubt he's gonna have to pay such a huge toll. I reckon he'll probably lose a hand at the most.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 10:16   Link #968
Ghostfriendly

Very true that this chapter saved things up for the last minute. Very cool stuff with Greed; that's how a Homunculus should really fight. That, and Bradly's assault last chapter, now we have him AND Pride waiting in the shadows to screw things up for the heroes. Or its possible that after Hohenheim destroys Father from inside, Wrath and Pride will disappear to roam the earth.

Riza's got to survive; with her jugular cut she shouldn't have too long though (it's excellent that Father held his best troops back for this critical point). Roy's said he doesn't want to lose anyone on top of Hughes, so I think he'll try to save Riza, hopefully with some added trick that'll get them all out of trouble.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 11:24   Link #969
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
What Truth takes seems to be random but the whole Mustang is a womanizer is actually false anyways. That's just an image he puts on.
Actually, the Truth seems to take things directly related to your reason for doing human transmutation.

Izumi couldn't stand the thought of "killing" her child. She lost the ability to ever give birth to a child again.

Ed and Al couldn't stand the thought of losing their family. Al lost his body (and would have been his life if Ed hadn't transmuted him back), and Ed lost his leg. The leg representing his ability to stand on his own.

So for Roy, it'd come down to his exact reasoning for transmuting. Would it be not wanting to lose someone else important to him? Would it be not wanting to see his subordinate die before his eyes? Not sure what he'd lose for the former, but the latter would likely leave him blind.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 11:26   Link #970
GaimeGuy

that would suck to see Roy become the Blind Alchemist >_<
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 11:32   Link #971
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Spoiler for on riza.:
Old 2009-10-11, 12:16   Link #972
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So for Roy, it'd come down to his exact reasoning for transmuting. Would it be not wanting to lose someone else important to him? Would it be not wanting to see his subordinate die before his eyes? Not sure what he'd lose for the former, but the latter would likely leave him blind.
Well, Truth only took one leg from Ed so most likely it will take only one eye from Roy, if it is to take any.
You're telling me we're going to have eye-patch Roy once again, in the manga version? lol DO NOT WANT!!
Old 2009-10-11, 12:43   Link #973
Vicious108

Well at least Manga Roy wouldn't go nearly as emo for it like Movie Roy. But yeah, it'd still suck.
Old 2009-10-11, 13:28   Link #974
Sannom

Quote:
High ranking scientist for the military working directly under Father. No more, no less. He's just not high profile like a general sitting on the military's high council (or whatever they call it) is. Those generals, too, also work for father.
Yeah, but that guy seems a lot more efficient and knowledgeable than the generals. I don't know what he was offered in exchange for his cooperation, but it's apparently not immortality. He was the head of the "King Bradley project", so I have a feeling that he is interested only in knowledge and science, perhaps also a little bit of psychology. The guy did create a full group of super-soldiers with excellent training, very good health condition and absolute loyalty. This probably asked for one of a hell of a brainwash! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who proposed to create King Bradley in the first place, I see Father as too much "abstract" to see the advantages of having one of his children leading the country and plan every little part of the thing, notably the gathering and training of all the children. The preparation and content of the training must have also been thought out by Goldie and his men.
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 14:25   Link #975
AmrodAegnor

one thing's for sure. that old bastard is gonna die as soon as riza is saved. i'm looking forward to that. really. bastard.

rly, don't you dare dying on us, riza =(

well, it was obvious when bradley said that he would make mustang open the gate, what would happen. mustang only had one reason to open the gate, as sad as it is now.

im dangling here a little. on one side i really like those two and it would piss me off if they got ripped apart. so i have a little fear for her. on the other hand, i just feel she won't die. she can't. mustang wouldn't want to lead the country after any more. his whole motivation on living would be screwed. i bet he would follow after her as soon as the world is save, or in order to make it safe. >.>

damn you, arakawa! but it was a good cliffie, i'll give you that.

as for greed: yep, there's no one going through that gate any more. ^^

also looking forward on al's part. seems interesting, thought it didn't get too much attention this chapter.
AmrodAegnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 14:34   Link #976
Kirarakim

While it seems almost 100% Roy will be the 5th sacrifice I wonder what role Marcoh will play in all of this (remember he was also under consideration at one point).

Although I am sort of glad they went with Roy instead of Marcoh. Not that I don't love Marcoh, but I love him as a side character. I would much rather have more Roy in the end (I still hope Arakawa has something for Marcoh to do before the end of the story).
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 14:56   Link #977
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannom View Post
Yeah, but that guy seems a lot more efficient and knowledgeable than the generals. I don't know what he was offered in exchange for his cooperation, but it's apparently not immortality. He was the head of the "King Bradley project", so I have a feeling that he is interested only in knowledge and science, perhaps also a little bit of psychology. The guy did create a full group of super-soldiers with excellent training, very good health condition and absolute loyalty. This probably asked for one of a hell of a brainwash! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who proposed to create King Bradley in the first place, I see Father as too much "abstract" to see the advantages of having one of his children leading the country and plan every little part of the thing, notably the gathering and training of all the children. The preparation and content of the training must have also been thought out by Goldie and his men.
Gold tooth is basically your mad scientist archetype
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 14:57   Link #978
Haladflire65
*Artist

It makes more sense that Roy is the crucial, almost all-important fifth and final sacrifice. Marcoh's always been a side character and he'll probably stay as one.

I'm pretty sure that Roy wouldn't let Riza die, whether he performs Human Transmutation or not. He values her, but he wouldn't throw away his own life, because he knows its value, too. He believes he has to live on to lead Amestris. There's also a chance that the situation might take away his normal sharp mind and reasoning. He just went through fighting Envy. Then what would happen, I wonder?
Old 2009-10-11, 22:52   Link #979
orangejuicetang

I just realized that the Ling-Greed scene interestingly parallels earlier when Ling first fused with Greed. Specifically, the whole "power, give me power" thing. The difference is the first time Greed just sort of laughed at it saying "show me how much you can take", but here, Greed's more kind calm and thoughtful (not sure this is the right word to use) responding with the "sure, we got some time to kill"

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 02:18   Link #980
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Roy should still have a scar of his transmutation circle on his hand. That will come in handy if he stumbles upon a spark that he can magnify to an explosion.