AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 5 11.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 20.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 11.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 11.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 11.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-27, 22:11   Link #21
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This episode proves that I'd be better off an only child. My god, Ria's a riot.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-04-27, 23:49   Link #22
Peanutbutter

I didn't recall this being a fanservice anime.

But I'm okay with the panties flash.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:06   Link #23
Vsin
Aldracity

Holy mother of forced SAO reference. Although I do find it interesting that Lizabeth is shown in full while Asuna is half-hidden.

Huh, I didn't expect them to play the incest card this soon. Unless it's a red herring.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:27   Link #24
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm guessing it's a date like that Christmas one last season. She needs him for some specific reason and she's just not going to be totally forthcoming about it.

Also, as amusing as I find Kirino, I think I would've at the very least slapped her after that flying kick, if I were in Kyousuke's shoes.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:49   Link #25
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
I actually kinda found it interesting that Ria is not the typical "blond white girl" stereotype you usually find in anime...

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
Old 2013-04-28, 01:56   Link #26
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
I actually kinda found it interesting that Ria is not the typical "blond white girl" stereotype you usually find in anime...
Well, we already knew what she looked like from the first season. It was an international school for running prodigies (hence why Kirino went there), so she's not necessarily even American (her Japanese is quite good though ).
Old 2013-04-28, 08:16   Link #27
Seiryuu

One quick question: just how old is Ria? With her height and speed, I'd suspect somewhere around 10 or 11, maybe 12 at the max, but I've never heard of a kid that old in America who'd be so completely calm about nudity. The girls I'd known when I was that age had been somewhere around Kirino's level of modesty, embarrassed by any accidental exposure but occasionally a little bit unaware of what's showing, just like how Kirino freaked out for the panty-flash almost as much as the towel, yet didn't even notice that her panties were completely exposed minutes later.

One other thing, what was with Kirino yelling at Ria-chan to "put some clothes on" when she clearly had already gotten dressed? Was she supposed to still be naked in the novels, or was Kirino just that completely out of it after being seen?
Old 2013-04-28, 09:34   Link #28
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
One quick question: just how old is Ria? With her height and speed, I'd suspect somewhere around 10 or 11, maybe 12 at the max, but I've never heard of a kid that old in America who'd be so completely calm about nudity. The girls I'd known when I was that age had been somewhere around Kirino's level of modesty, embarrassed by any accidental exposure but occasionally a little bit unaware of what's showing, just like how Kirino freaked out for the panty-flash almost as much as the towel, yet didn't even notice that her panties were completely exposed minutes later.

One other thing, what was with Kirino yelling at Ria-chan to "put some clothes on" when she clearly had already gotten dressed? Was she supposed to still be naked in the novels, or was Kirino just that completely out of it after being seen?
She's twelve I believe, during the scene where Kirino passes the book around to show what Ria looks like it says her age on it. Funnily enough I can't seem to find what chapter she appeared in but from memory I believe she was suppose to still be naked so I don't get that scene either.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2013-04-28, 11:05   Link #29
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
After the first episode, despite Kirino's bitchy attitude scenes, I was expecting much after Kyo dwelled and was giddy on the possibility of Kuroneko's confession =03. In addition, I very much enjoy a Kirino-less story with the Game Research club members, since they are all enjoyable, esp Kuro and Akagi; but to be so led on into thinking it would continue like that, makes me feel that the director is trolling me =0\. Eps 2-4 have been extremely painful to trudge through, and every time I see Kirino's(or in ep 2's case, Ayase; e.g. any of Kirino's bitchy friends) physical abuse to the brother who is trying to look out for her, I feel like dropping this show from the stratosphere and watching it burn into oblivion =02. But I KNOW that there will be more Kuro/Kyo interaction, and I DEFINITELY want to be there when he continues to address from the 1st ep what that kiss actually meant.

Old 2013-04-28, 12:14   Link #30
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Quote:

Well, there are people and there ARE people if you know what I mean. Some people just don't care about being nude and based on her personality and drive from this ep. I can say that Ria's just unconcerned about her nudity. Plus she IS 12 years old. I remember when I was that age, I didn't really care about being nude or not.
Old 2013-04-28, 12:19   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
She's a representation of a 'real' imouto so of course she's both.
Kirino is a far more accurate representation. Or was. That's the reason I could never bring myself to like her. She hits too close to home

Thankfully, her brocon is slowly but surely overtaking her and it's only a matter of time before she goes full dere. It will be a sight to behold.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:08   Link #32
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Ya know I was kinda surprised that when Ria looked inside that Doujin she was generally taken aback by what she saw. I expected her to be all enthusiastic about it and go "Ooooo!!! What is this? This is pretty interesting!!!"
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2013-04-28, 15:03   Link #33
GDB

Quote:
I figured she had just tossed some underwear on (you know, that lacy lingerie looking stuff), and Kirino was yelling to put actual clothes on.
Old 2013-04-28, 19:26   Link #34
type-R!

Great episode, kinda amusing seeing Kirino act as an older sister, but it would definitely be different if said sister was younger and more innocent XD.
Old 2013-04-28, 19:33   Link #35
GundamZZ
残念美人

Images
no need for more explanation, everyone knows...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Kyousuke recalls his younger immature self and sibling rivary
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I didn't expect this episode to be a confession episode.

The next week's title is freaking long. However, the title speaks out Kyosuke's feeling. He's quite messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
I didn't recall this being a fanservice anime.

But I'm okay with the panties flash.
Yeah. It sounds like another light novel title. Over past years, light novels just throw in a long sentence as title. I guess it works somehow. Readers know what subject they are buying...

"I didn't recall this being a sis-con story"
"I didn't recall my imouto wants to ask me out"
"I didn't recall I will see all girls' pantsu"

...so on and so forth...
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-04-28, 19:40   Link #36
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I figured she had just tossed some underwear on (you know, that lacy lingerie looking stuff), and Kirino was yelling to put actual clothes on.
Problem with that is that where she's standing you can at least see her shirt, which is the exact shirt she continues to wear for some time after, so if she wasn't dressed then she must have been lacking in shorts etc., which Kirino wouldn't have seen in any case.
Yes, now that I look again it does indeed say she's 12 on that mag. I imagine there may be some 12-year-olds who couldn't care less, but I never knew a girl like that when I was that age. At that age, they generally all seemed to be generally concerned with keeping covered, enough that they'd freak out if seen undressed, though like Kirino in this ep they clearly lacked a firm grasp on just what they were showing at times.
Old 2013-04-29, 02:12   Link #37
Gohan78
Awakened One

So-so episode. I didn't like Ria's antics, especially how she was so clingy with a man she didn't know. Such a harem-like scenario isn't even funny anymore.

Honestly I can't say that the second season is off to a good start. Four episodes in and the plot barely moved an inch. We got a semi-recap and three episodes focused on seecondary characters. At least Ayase's episode was funny and Saori's backstory was long-awaited. This one left me indifferent though.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2013-04-29, 04:01   Link #38
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
So-so episode. I didn't like Ria's antics, especially how she was so clingy with a man she didn't know. Such a harem-like scenario isn't even funny anymore.

Honestly I can't say that the second season is off to a good start. Four episodes in and the plot barely moved an inch. We got a semi-recap and three episodes focused on seecondary characters. At least Ayase's episode was funny and Saori's backstory was long-awaited. This one left me indifferent though.
If she had no problem with nutidy, then of course she won't have any problem cling to someone that she thought 'could make her run faster'
Old 2013-04-29, 07:37   Link #39
BoyTitan

Bring back Ria seeing kirino trolled like that was the best and she deserved every second of it.
Old 2013-04-30, 01:08   Link #40
molitar

Quote:

Actually I have seen them type that are completely ok. I knew some people that were naturalist.. My friend he would be taking a bath and call his mother to come scrub his back.. His dad was over 250 lbs and would come to the door nude.. and when we would be over visiting the bedroom door of his parents was wide open with only the covers over them going at it. That family was something I did not think I would ever see but I and my other friends would see it often going to visit him.

What it really came down to is Ria is like the mischievous sister and she likes to tease Kirino and since she saw Kirino's attitude towards her brother he became the perfect target to make her get even more riled up by attacking Kyousuke she could rile up Kirino.
Closed Thread