AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-11, 17:45   Link #181
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Heh. Over the years there have been more about raging hormone guys than there were girls, so.... nice change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I loved that part, his realization was great and the text being the icing on the cake
The big pause was a great lead in

I can't help but feel sorry for the Judo girl, though. She made so much sense about the 4 club members thing, but Shino just had to logically make things more harder
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 21:01   Link #182
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Who brings a a whole lobster to school for a lunch
Old 2010-07-11, 21:12   Link #183
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Who brings a a whole leftover lobster to school for a lunch
That's the real question.

And the 2cm steak is not to be laughed at, that's a royal size right there
Old 2010-07-12, 06:49   Link #184
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
The spare sanitary napkin at the start just sets the mindset for what you expect from this series, crazy perverted fun, BANZAI!
And that it flew through the air on-screen. Fantastic.
Old 2010-07-12, 08:23   Link #185
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

I loved this episode... it reminds me of Highschool Girls manga/anime... but this is better because theres a hapless guy in the show baring the brunt of most of the jokes. Female bathroom humour seems to be more funny when there are guys around to feel uncomfortable about it. xD

Loved the scene too about him and Aria getting tutoring help and he realizes hes a masochist. xD

All the Aria scenes were pretty much comedy-gold though.

You know, with a few more characters, this could almost be a parody of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...
Old 2010-07-12, 08:25   Link #186
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingxashley View Post
You know, with a few more characters, this could almost be a parody of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...
Wait what? Nothing in this show resembles Haruhi at all, well apart from it being set in a school. Not even nearly enough to say it could almost be a parody.
Old 2010-07-12, 08:31   Link #187
ACEZ1n7
Sweet to the mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wait what? Nothing in this show resembles Haruhi at all, well apart from it being set in a school. Not even nearly enough to say it could almost be a parody.
For me, the anime resembles a bit like Kaichou wa Maid-sama.

Still, this anime is really entertaining. I'm liking the characters bit by bit.
ACEZ1n7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 08:53   Link #188
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
The jokes in this game are just too sudden and quick for me. You literally spend 2 minutes on one joke with no build up to it (thus not really making it funny) and then, your on to the next joke in a whole different scene from the last one.

I know the mangas 4koma but this anime is just too "random" for me. Just a bunch of jokes stuck together in a school setting with little continuity between each scene. I found myself getting lost and bored halfway after each joke "ending stamp" waiting for the next humor-less gag next up on the plate.

Just gonna watch maybe 2 more episodes and just drop it at this pace.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 09:00   Link #189
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
The jokes in this game are just too sudden and quick for me. You literally spend 2 minutes on one joke with no build up to it (thus not really making it funny) and then, your on to the next joke in a whole different scene from the last one.

I know the mangas 4koma but this anime is just too "random" for me. Just a bunch of jokes stuck together in a school setting with little continuity between each scene. I found myself getting lost and bored halfway after each joke "ending stamp" waiting for the next humor-less gag next up on the plate.

Just gonna watch maybe 2 more episodes and just drop it at this pace.
I don't think the jokes need a build up, this type of humor relies on dialogue more than actions where as say Mitsudomoe relies on actions more than words.
I think you should look at this as more stand up comedy than anything else.
Old 2010-07-12, 09:05   Link #190
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEZ1n7 View Post
For me, the anime resembles a bit like Kaichou wa Maid-sama.
Hmm, you're the only one I know of besides me to make this connection (I'm sure others mentioned this before me).

As for how these jokes are going, hmm I don't think we were supposed to dwell on something for a while till the next thing comes along. I kind of take it as something that occurs in the amount of time it needs to, if they spent a little more development into certain things it would lose it's "in your face" joke style, and instead become some sort of lengthy dragged out slice of life.

These girls sure aren't innocent little angels, that's for sure

But it also isn't for everyone, to each our own
Old 2010-07-12, 09:09   Link #191
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
The spare sanitary napkin at the start just sets the mindset for what you expect from this series, crazy perverted fun, BANZAI!
Whoa whoa whoa wait, so by sanitary napkin, does it really mean...wow. And it got on air in more ways than one. I swear at the time I watched it the 'napkin' seems to be the only word registered on my brain, so I thought it was just a literal, regular napkin...Yeah, this is Seitokai Yakuindomo, alright.

As for the episode itself, it's still a hit and miss comedy for me, but I feel that there's a bit more hits than misses compared to in the first episode. I like the subtle background humor of the napkin (even though I got it late), and my favorite joke is the word play from Aria when comparing the grades (Your grades may be on top, but my top is greater). It's just a simple, silly pun, but somehow I really found it funny especially with the way she said it and with Shino's reaction as well.

Another favorite part of mine is the more serious part with Suzu near the end, I know it's a gag-filled raunchy comedy series but I hope there'll be a bit more serious moments like this in the future. I'm sorry to compare it to Seitokai no Ichizon yet again, but the few occasions when Sugisaki Ken got serious (usually about his past) is among my favorite parts in that comedy series. Simply put, I just want my comedy to have a little more heart in it.

Well, seeing how the second episode improves, I guess I'll try a few more episodes and hope it'll keep improving.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 10:03   Link #192
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I for one was not surprised when the napkin got tossed in the air because I've, quite literally, seen them get passed around.

Tossing it in the air like a piece of paper was the next logical step.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 13:49   Link #193
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
I don't think the jokes need a build up, this type of humor relies on dialogue more than actions where as say Mitsudomoe relies on actions more than words.
I think you should look at this as more stand up comedy than anything else.
And just like stand up comedy I feel like booing them off the stage.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 14:32   Link #194
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I find he jokes in ep 2 better because they give the punchline some time to sink in, rather than move on immediately. Shiho and Aria are also fun to watch. Ultimately, though, feels like something is missing. Maybe it needs some character development or overarching plot? Hmm...I dunno.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:02   Link #195
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I for one was not surprised when the napkin got tossed in the air because I've, quite literally, seen them get passed around.

Tossing it in the air like a piece of paper was the next logical step.
Hell, I've seen them tossed about in "normal co-ed" high school... (and this was the 'advanced college prep going-places' groups) so its only a big deal for prudes -- more annoying tmi for everyone else

The ending of ep2 and preview for ep3 has me wondering if Suzu might accidentally get entangled about Tsuda since he treats her normally.

Judo girl Mutsumi was hilarious... so earnest and not-quite-all-cylinders-firing.

Wasn't so excited at the SC teacher advisor... hopefully she's not just a one-note lech. The manzai variation on the "who are you?" gag was amusing though.

I need to figure out which fansub group is more thorough in translating the writing. Too much is going untranslated.

Like 4-koma comics... I can watch a few minutes, pause it, do work, and pick up without any real immersive loss.
Old 2010-07-12, 16:15   Link #196
jonli
JONLIの憂'

This show is a real hit and miss. I really enjoyed the humor but a bunch of my friends are disgusted with it. I didn't find it as bad because although the jokes are perverted, they're not visual and more like real life when you sit around with your friends and some butt-face says "that's what she said" type stuff.

The abalone one made me laugh out loud though because that's slang for v*gina in Cantonese and Japanese.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:28   Link #197
Sparvid
*hic*

By the way, what's the deal with the drum and whistle, which appeared in both episodes so far? Is it a reference to Kabuki?
Old 2010-07-12, 17:43   Link #198
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
"To remedy this issue of low births, Our student council must act to our best. When get older and have sex, Cum shots must always be inside!"

OMFG i was actually dinner when i was watching episode 2 and nearly chock to death on asparagus.

Now i dont know if that was literal translation but it had me on floor. Could she be anymore blunt
Old 2010-07-12, 18:16   Link #199
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
"To remedy this issue of low births, Our student council must act to our best. When get older and have sex, Cum shots must always be inside!"

OMFG i was actually dinner when i was watching episode 2 and nearly chock to death on asparagus.

Now i dont know if that was literal translation but it had me on floor. Could she be anymore blunt
The words chosen by the translator were pretty coarse but yeah, that was basically what she said (though I'd have probably used more medical terms to reflect her style of speaking, e.g. ejaculate, orgasm, etc). She's all "book-learning" and "video/game" so its a weird mix.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-07-12 at 19:00.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 19:24   Link #200
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The words chosen by the translator were pretty coarse but yeah, that was basically what she said (though I'd have probably used more medical terms to reflect her style of speaking, e.g. ejaculate, orgasm, etc). She's all "book-learning" and "video/game" so its a weird mix.
Yeah, to me the technical way to say it fits her more than the simple "nowadays" way. Guess this was the translator at work here.

Kind of makes me wonder though, lately I have been seeing translators choose odd sets of words, which at times changes a line very drastically. Guess the days of creative literal translations are few and far in-between.

I wonder though how long will they keep adding the "IQ of 180" on Suzu, sure she doesn't have much else to boast about but, .... we know already, take it easy on the poor girl

Tags
comedy, shounen