1 out of 10 : Painful 7 4.79%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-03, 12:02   Link #41
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Speaking of Soma, her Tieren Tao II has a nice design, but a VERY BAD color. Pink? Pink? PINK?
I think it looks great. Or maybe because I'm just a huge Sakura Taisen fan.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 12:06   Link #42
lubczyk

This was a nice episode to end the introductory Arc of the series.

We learn a little more about that Ubersoldat Girl from the HRL as well as Allelujah Haptism.

Also Saji and Louise get some screen time together.

Next episode looks interesting, maybe the beginning of the AEU's Arc and some definite conflict that lasts a couple episodes.

It’d be nice if it was the start of the actual meat of the series.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 12:08   Link #43
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wonder why Lockon can snipe a target in space?

Spoiler for Why?:
Old 2007-11-03, 12:09   Link #44
Spitze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I think it looks great. Or maybe because I'm just a huge Sakura Taisen fan.
4chan beat you to it.
Spitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 12:09   Link #45
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Well, this episode gives some much needed character development to our Gundam Meisters. Allelujah has a split personality, and a pretty sadistic personality too. It's a good development, but Allelujah for the name of one personality and Hallelujah for another, come on, can't you be more creative than that?

Tieria is a cold bastard. Apparently performing a mission is far more important than saving life. Well, we now know he is very strict and 'follow-the-order' type guy.

Sadly, our main guy Setsuna doesn't do much today, other than speaking 2 very short lines and cutting the cloud (?). His almost non existence in this episode strangely reminds me of Shinn's treatment in GSD. Let's hope it won't turn to that.

The superhuman enhancements using nano machines is new to me. At last we can get something unusual instead of brainwashing and special drug usage. I just wonder what's the connection between Allelujah and Soma. Soma reminds me of Stellar when she screams and berserks.

Speaking of Soma, her Tieren Tao II has a nice design, but a VERY BAD color. Pink? Pink? PINK?

Finally we get to see Kyrios transforms step by step. I prefer the fast transformation as seen last episode. The transformations in this episode is way too slow and shows how simple the transformation actually is...the WOW factor is no longer there....

A good episode again, and finally without jumping from one side to another. Looking forward to the next episode, hopefully some Setsuna screen time, and Exia's Seven Sword action!
I agree about the pink tieren, it's a horrible color for a ms. We really need some red tieren not a pink one damn it! As for Tieria, I am starting to not like the guy, so far he's been most boring character out of all. Though I think he got least screen time out of all the Gundma Meister, so that might be partly the reason why he is boring. It's somewhat intersting that Allelujah have split personality, and his connection with Soma will be very interesting. And finally next episode Patrick is back and how the hell did he grew his beard so fast?
Old 2007-11-03, 12:16   Link #46
Virtue
Banned

Quote:
Wonder why Lockon can snipe a target in space?
Is this a Gundam first?
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 12:16   Link #47
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

I dunno, but I think I'm beginning to like the supposed "villains and antagonists", especially Graham and Sergei. "Duh" for Graham, and after roughly watching this episode, I came to like Sergei for the fact that he's actually not as nasty or mean as he looks, and in fact pretty kind to his subordinates.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 12:19   Link #48
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
And finally next episode Patrick is back and how the hell did he grew his beard so fast?
Uh...are you sure that's Patrick??? I'm confused ="=
withered_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 12:26   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I had noticed Allelujah's split personality by the second episode. He'd already appeared to flip once from the first episode to the second. In the first episode he seemed like an unstable sadist, giggling soft and proclaiming "Hallelujah" upon him or Tieria scoring kills. In the second episode he seemed almost depressed about what the CB were doing and was very quiet. Same with the third and fourth episode. Now it seems he's flipped back to the version we saw in the first episode.

Also Wang still seems to have lost a lot of bust.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 12:35   Link #50
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Also Wang still seems to have lost a lot of bust.
Not that I mind, though .
Anyone wants to bet how many dress Wang will have when we reach the end of season 1?
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 12:37   Link #51
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
I had noticed Allelujah's split personality by the second episode. He'd already appeared to flip once from the first episode to the second. In the first episode he seemed like an unstable sadist, giggling soft and proclaiming "Hallelujah" upon him or Tieria scoring kills. In the second episode he seemed almost depressed about what the CB were doing and was very quiet. Same with the third and fourth episode. Now it seems he's flipped back to the version we saw in the first episode.

Hmm, I never saw that .....*runs off to check first episode*

I just checked, I didn't see any giggling in the first episode......

Last edited by Geass; 2007-11-03 at 12:52.
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 12:54   Link #52
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
No. You don't get it. In the first episode, he wasn't proclaiming "Hallelujah", he was talking to Hallelujah (the yellow-eyed personality of his). He actually told Tieria that he overdid it with his kill and I don't know where you got the idea that he giggled.

This ep is the first in which we see the sadistic personality. The other scenes are consistent with his mild-manner and kind, "but gotta get it done" attitude.
Old 2007-11-03, 13:03   Link #53
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
The pink mobile suit is the MSJ06IISP Tieren Tao II.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 13:24   Link #54
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

that scientist's talk about "choujin" reminds me of Ruri Hoshino and the Jovian super human league in Nadesico, manipulating genes and using nanites to enhance humans for space exploration.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 13:27   Link #55
yangxu

Man what is with that Indian girl... a parody of Stellar's loss of control?
And the pink Zaku of hers, a parody of Meer Campbell's Zaku? =___=
It's pink, so it can't possibly be 3x the speed... what a shame.
yangxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 13:38   Link #56
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangxu View Post
Man what is with that Indian girl... a parody of Stellar's loss of control?
Its more like something from the enhanced humans' Newtype reactions from the UC shows to me.

And parodies are usually satirical. These are more "homages" than parodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
that scientist's talk about "choujin" reminds me of Ruri Hoshino and the Jovian super human league in Nadesico, manipulating genes and using nanites to enhance humans for space exploration.
Actually, Ruri was the first thing I thought of when I saw Soma the last episode... They're both lolis with silver hair and yellow eyes, after all. It wouldn't surprise me if she's yet another homage...
Old 2007-11-03, 13:41   Link #57
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Its more like something from the enhanced humans' Newtype reactions from the UC shows to me.

And parodies are usually satirical. These are more "homages" than parodies.

Actually, Ruri was the first thing I thought of when I saw Soma the last episode... They're both lolis with silver hair and yellow eyes, after all. It wouldn't surprise me if she's yet another homage...
I'm seriously not getting the loli feel from Soma. She's to tall and built to be anything but in her mid teens. Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think so at the moment.

And Char's Zaku had a pinkish tint to it too. That was the original 3x the normal speed of a Zaku machine, so don't rule out the custom Tieren yet.

@Brightman: A very interesting a likely possibility. I think I see this now too actually. That part is starting to make sense. And it's not that he giggled on screen, but had a look on his face like he was.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 13:47   Link #58
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
I'm seriously not getting the loli feel from Soma. She's to tall and built to be anything but in her mid teens. Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think so at the moment.
She doesn't have the "moe" look that seems to be required from lolis in general. But based on the designs for all the other female characters, I don't see her being built like a mid teen (just look at 14 y.o. Felt Grace), nor does she look that tall (though she definitely isn't say, a 9 year old or something, if that's what "loli" means to you).
Old 2007-11-03, 13:59   Link #59
_X12A_Testament

Does Hallelujah aka the sadist personality remind anyone else the usual personality of the mask wearer?

I've been looking for who will don the mask and turn to the dark side and I think I've found him. Maybe Hallelujah will gain control or use a mask as a way to stay in control...
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 14:10   Link #60
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

that sounds more like bleach lol.