2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.70%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 2.56%
Voters: 430. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-22, 09:03   Link #1061
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece
When C.C. becomes mortal of Lelouch becomes immortal, they can go at it all they want. But it wouldn't be good for them to hook up knowing that one of them would be hurt by the other's death. Just as well, isn't it agony that you age but your lover never changes? It removes that whole growing old together thing.
Well, the biggest obstacle to the human-elf relationship in fantasy is exactly what is stated above, and it hasn't exactly stopped them getting together. As such, I really don't see how CC being ageless would stop CCXLulu either, personal feelings aside.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:23   Link #1062
Shrew

Send a message via AIM to Shrew Send a message via MSN to Shrew
good episode

I just hope last episode is like 45 minutes long like season 1 last episode was.

enough time to answer unanswered questions.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:37   Link #1063
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

They destroyed the Shinkiro, I like the Shinkiro.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:46   Link #1064
patnam

Not only Shinkiro, Zangetsu also destroyed and Tristan II half destroyed...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:59   Link #1065
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Not only Shinkiro, Zangetsu also destroyed and Tristan II half destroyed...
Not that interested in Zangetsu and at least the Tristan didn't blow up.
Old 2008-09-22, 10:00   Link #1066
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

It's not surprising for Shinkirou to be destroyed at this stage. There is no upgrade to it. Lloyd, Cecile had no time to upgrade but rather, they focused their remaining resource on building a pinkalot and anti freija system. And you need to give a KMF on debut some credit to defeat a KMF piloted by a named pilot (to pick one or another, one have to go) before having it destroyed by another KMF piloted by the main character with more powerful hax on it. Besides, Gino had his upgraded by the BK. The BK of course would be able to come up with a weapon to counter the Shinkirou they had.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 10:07   Link #1067
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

What weapon? the Tristan used brute force against the Shinkiro.
Old 2008-09-22, 10:18   Link #1068
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Ah well sucks to be her then. Now that Suzaku has received the divine blessing/protection of Zero she has no chance.
There is still a chance. Nunnaly defeated charles' geass. Maybe Kallen could defeat the Live On. I know it's not the same thing, but...

Me I don't see that happening, but.... it could
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 10:21   Link #1069
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Overcoming a Geass through force of will and overcoming a person whose Geass can now be used to kick the ass of anyone are two entirely different things.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 10:25   Link #1070
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If anything, Albion has been trying to take down Damocles shield to no avail, and has been fighting tristan mk 2 before that and numerous other grunts. All Gurren did was effortlessly take down pinkcelot (which should be on par to tristan mk ONE) and some grunts too. So if Gurren does win, it would due to it being in better shape than Albion.

Old 2008-09-22, 10:26   Link #1071
Dream_Traveller
Banned

...Better shape? Damocles was reinforced like all hell. And he effortlessly defeated Gino.

And the Tristan Mark I didn't perform excellently against the Albion, either, did it? Not to mention, since the Tristan is presumably eighth gen, and the Lancelot is seventh, it's inferior, and C.C.'s not exactly the best pilot.
Old 2008-09-22, 10:29   Link #1072
X_Danny_X

the thing that worries me is Kallen's gumline. she might need to say it to Lelouch and that means getting past Suzaku somehow which worries me a great deal. i am praying to the lord/God himself that it doesnt happen that way.

i believe though that Kallen's says her gumline after Lelouch starts Zero R. and he says his goodbyes to people he knows. before he can say his , she says her gumline and then responds.
Old 2008-09-22, 10:31   Link #1073
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Ok, as someone pointed out earlier, the very first characters we see are C.C, Suzaku and Lelouch. These are the important players. Kallen is nothing more than a secondary character at best, and a piece of ass at worst. The main characters (C.C, Lelouch and Suzaku) have a plan and made a promise between themselves to change the world. Kallen is not part of that promise, she's not fighting to protect anything, she's fighting to kill her crush because she's irrational like that, and dumb. She's not gonna win, she can't. It doesn't matter if she's your favorite character because she's "cute", "hawt" , or you want her to end up contributing something important to the story. If she doesn't come to understand what the main characters are doing and joins them on her own free will she will continue to be a hindrance and will be removed by force by Suzaku. Their plan is obviously better than whatever the hell it is Kallen is fighting for. Suzaku is protecting their promise, his best friend an the future. At the moment Kallen is fighting for the present, or for her own selfish goals, or her deluded sense of morality (tbh nobody fucking knows, she probably doesn't either)
I've already said this before, but it will either end in a draw, or she'll be soundly defeated. I want her to realize the plan and confront Lelouch personally and have a serious, deep conversation. Not gonna deny something the character deserves, but she keeps the way she is "I'm gonna fry u lol sayonara!" she's gotta go down.
Old 2008-09-22, 10:35   Link #1074
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, that's how Kallen is. Right now, she's irrational, not even hesitating to kill the person who was once her leader and who she presumably wanted to help (though I somehow know someone will rebuke me for this ), and her talk with C.C. shows that she never gave a rat's ass about someone she presumably bonded with (C.C. herself- "So you DO say human-like things!") and that she's a bitter, jilted psychopath, to the point where she asks C.C. if she loves Lelouch. With her in her state of blind rage, she can't hope to win.
Old 2008-09-22, 10:36   Link #1075
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Damocles was reinforced like all hell.
Which means the Albion spent energy needlessly. The Gurren did no act that comes close to this.

Quote:
And he effortlessly defeated Gino.
Not nearly as effortlessly as Gurren slice and diced Pinkcelot though.

Quote:
And the Tristan Mark I didn't perform excellently against the Albion, either, did it? Not to mention, since the Tristan is presumably eighth gen, and the Lancelot is seventh, it's inferior, and C.C.'s not exactly the best pilot.
And you've just further proved my point that Albion spent more energy fighting Tristan Mark II than the Gurren did fighting Pinkcelot... o_O

Not that I'm doubting that hax geass Suzaku possesses would be his trump card and eventually lead him to victory, but then again it wasn't exactly all that useful when he was in an inferior mech (of which this time he's in a mech that's in inferior shape).

Old 2008-09-22, 10:40   Link #1076
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Energy doesn't matter. Fillers have become all but pretty much redundant over the course of the series, save...Stage 11, Stage 20, and Turn 10. And with the SEITEN and Albion being ninth gen, some crazy filler (or maybe even some energy reactor) must be inside each of them.

And Kallen wasted energy. Attacks in Turn 23, energy waves and consistent frying of enemies in 24...
Old 2008-09-22, 10:50   Link #1077
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
There is still a chance. Nunnaly defeated charles' geass. Maybe Kallen could defeat the Live On. I know it's not the same thing, but...

Me I don't see that happening, but.... it could
Lelouch is the main character as well as the good guy no matter what other people may believe. Since Kallen is no longer his Dragon that position now belongs to Suzaku, he gets the good guy bonus and how often do we seen the good guys lose in Sunrise animes not directed by Tomino? Really she might knock the Lancelot Albion around a little or make good on her words in S1 too "destroy that white armor of yours though it may cost my life" but Suzaku will live. Its 100% guaranteed.

I mean Jermiahs "Yes your Majesty" amongst others was foreshadowing why won't this be any different. Kallen will most likely be dead at the end of EP 25 since all her devolpment has been wasted.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 10:52   Link #1078
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Energy doesn't matter. Fillers have become all but pretty much redundant over the course of the series, save...Stage 11, Stage 20, and Turn 10.
Pretty much at times when the plot calls for it to run out, no? Hmm... wonder how much importance to the plot the last episode would be...

Quote:
And with the SEITEN and Albion being ninth gen, some crazy filler (or maybe even some energy reactor) must be inside each of them.
Speculation territory, so I'm not going there. But chances are, they still use filler, and assuming both the Seiten and the Albion has equal reserves at the beginning, the Albion would have less right now.

Quote:
And Kallen wasted energy. Attacks in Turn 23, energy waves and consistent frying of enemies in 24...
And Albion also killed many grunts as well, so they're at least equal in that regard.

My point lies in that IF the Albion is to be defeated, then it would be because it's in inferior shape. Of which right now it indubitably is.

That's not to say it will be defeated, as I do think haxxor geass is enough to overcome this slight disadvantage (unlike the major disadvantage the Seiten had against the Conquista before Suzaku fired the Freya).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist
These are the important players. Kallen is nothing more than a secondary character at best, and a piece of ass at worst.
What? Was there any question after Lulu asked for 'comfort' from Kallen when he found out Nunally was to be the next governess?

Old 2008-09-22, 10:54   Link #1079
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
What weapon? the Tristan used brute force against the Shinkiro.
Oh c'mon, he was using the two halves of Excalibur if you will notice, we should at least give Bismark's formerly invincible sword for doing that much
Old 2008-09-22, 10:57   Link #1080
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
theirs a reason why I put Giant Robo, and G Gundam as number 1, and 2. I love action, and while Code Geass has given me some I feel that its hanging back. The philosophical intrigue means little to me mostly because I don't find it exciting (especially when they repeated themselves twice, with the same strategy of defeating Schneizel as Mao, and Schneizel using the same strategy that Lelouch used against the Eunech)
Then why the hell did you watch in the first place? You confuse me... Because this show was NEVER about mecha battles. This is about MORE than that. So did you just continue watching past like... Stage 5 of S1 to have something to complain about or something?

Quote:
I think it tried to be the best of both, and I felt it wasn't a great mecha series, nor was it something as good as Death Note.
I think it is better than Death Note myself. Death Note was a fantastic series, but CG isn't as dark and twisted. It NEVER was supposed to be like DN and I found all the comparisons ANNOYING.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote