AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-05, 20:21   Link #941
Elestia

Oh man what a build up. This episode really starts raising the ante and done in a magnificent way as we're being constantly teased by Koko's operations.
Old 2012-12-05, 21:42   Link #942
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Really hoping the SEALs actually put up a fight. The whole affirmation the team went through towards Koko at the end would normally be a death flag that someone was gonna die, but this series has rarely put them into a situation they couldn't effortlessly handle, so I'm never sure how much stock to put in flags of various sorts.

So, the only other question is if it's really a quantum computer Koko is building. I'm hoping whatever her secret agenda is, it's far grander.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 21:43   Link #943
Entravity

Koko's plan, Jormungand, is going smoothly as usual. Great buildup for an eventual climax.
Old 2012-12-06, 01:43   Link #944
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Koko giving the Military Industrial Complex a run for its money. Can't wait for next week's episode!!! I can't believe there is an anime like this!!!
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 02:33   Link #945
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Holy crap that episode was intense. I am just so impressed by what this show has managed to accomplish, and this epic build up I hope in the end rewards the audience's fidelity.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 02:52   Link #946
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Already knowing that by next episode on the preview (and that I read the manga),

Spoiler for Story stuff for those who didn't read the manga:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 04:02   Link #947
Jerseykid

I need more Jonah!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 04:31   Link #948
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I wonder if the gibberish on the "Today's potatoes are from" is a kind of... code?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 06:20   Link #949
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Interesting trivia note: SEAL Team 9 doesn't exist; active SEAL Teams are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10 (not counting DEVGRU, aka Team 6). That leaves a split of 4-4 for West Coast (odd numbered) and East Coast (even numbered) SEAL Teams.

Also, on a second glance, the camo pattern on that shoulder, where the Night Nine patch is, is not a digital multicam pattern as I originally thought, but the pattern known either as Naval Working Uniform Type III, or AOR 2, and it's meant for NAVSPECWAR units, i.e. SEALs, SWCC boats, and the like.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 06:55   Link #950
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.9 order

cia see some female quantum person got koko-nap by koko hmm give cia send chocolade & scarecrow keep watch & info on them.

koko on usual meet then here sr leader & oh here bookman having big mac burgers asking wonder what koko is planning?

with assume go after rabbitfoot female while also spy dr.miami while her karen & other female on bath time really bookman?!

kasper seem wonder as well even lutz question koko about her plan & oh sr leader now take a order from bookman to handle koko.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 07:41   Link #951
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Navy SEALS, so they're finally up against the top dogs I've complete faith in this series that they would do justice to the title of 'Elite', unlike so many shows before.

Try as I might though, I was completely lost at all the political maneuvering near the end of the episode, I wasn't sure what Hinoki meant when he said that Bookman took him out of the game... Heck, I'm not even sure what Hinoki was trying to do

P.S - I lol'd that using a UAV to spy on an Onsen Talk about Tactical fanservice
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 08:37   Link #952
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I expect that it's going to be a close fight. On one hand, we have Koko's team, with the breakdown as follows:
  • Two ex-Delta (Lehm & Wiley)
  • One ex-FRDF (Valmet)
  • One ex-SWAT sniper (Lutz)
  • One ex-JGSDF (Tojo)
  • One ex-mafia driver (Ugo)
  • One ex-artilleryman (Mao)
  • One ex-Child Soldier (Jonah)

That gives us a total of 8 people on team Koko, with at least 3 being the confirmed equal of the SEALs.

On the other hand, Night Nine (Alpha Platoon, SEAL Team 9) consists of between 14-18 hardened SEALs who've been seeing action in Afghanistan. I'd daresay that they've got just as much training time and combat time as Koko's team - plus, unlike before when Koko's team are curbstomping lesser forces, or outmanuvering peer units (well, whether SR could be considered their peers in terms of ability is debatable), this is the first time they're going up against a team that not only outnumbers them, but has been briefed on their playbook, has seen recent action, and is a team that is very much their equal.

It will be extremely interesting to see how this matchup happens.

I expect Koko's forces to win - the show is following the Showy Invincible Hero trope - but I also expect Night Nine to make them work for their win.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 14:57   Link #953
dfens

I wouldn't really consider Wiley Delta he may have passed the training but he didn't really see combat since he immediately left the Army afterwards to join Lehm to protect Koko. Lehm had many years experience and it's said he was in the black hawk down incident and other operations in Somalia.

As for Valmet FRDF isn't technically a special forces branch for Finland they are more like specialty soldiers or a little better than the regular army. Now her personal training she did you could say put her on the level of SF for CQC and with knives.

Basically Koko's team didn't really stand a chance and it ends up in a draw through sheer luck and Koko's special ace up her sleeve. SEALS train and practice so much when not on missions that it's no contest they have so much trigger time they actually wear out guns during training.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 03:09   Link #954
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Random bit o' trivia: the burger place Koko and co. went to is most likely a Five Guys burger joint, on account of the red and white checkered designs and the "Today's Fries Came From" sign. In fact, the first Five Guys opened in Arlington, VA, not too far from Dulles Airport. President Obama seems to be fond of the chain.

On that same note, a single meal for me there with drink, two whole potatoes regular fries, and a double bacon cheeseburger (free toppings) can be around $10-$12 USD.

Bookman mentions a $2000 bill for feeding everyone. Koko and friends make nine people, and Hinoki is number ten. That's about $100-$120 assuming a burger, fries, and drink for everyone.

... How much did they eat?

How much did Bookman eat?
Old 2012-12-07, 11:28   Link #955
klare

they just used the latest technology to look inside a girls bath...

here come the seals, can expect another explosive episode
Old 2012-12-07, 11:49   Link #956
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
How much did Bookman eat?
This is the question.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 01:30   Link #957
Jerseykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Images

I wonder if the gibberish on the "Today's potatoes are from" is a kind of... code?
Isn't that the sign from five guys? Bookman eats at five guys!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 13:46   Link #958
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Photo of Itou Shizuka (Koko) and Tamura Mutsumi (Jonah) celebrating Shizuka-sama's 32nd birthday:
Images
Itou Shizuka and Tamura Mutsumi
If you haven't heard, Shizuka-sama was married on her birthday (last Wednesday).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 23:12   Link #959
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I expect that it's going to be a close fight. On one hand, we have Koko's team, with the breakdown as follows:
  • Two ex-Delta (Lehm & Wiley)
  • One ex-FRDF (Valmet)
  • One ex-SWAT sniper (Lutz)
  • One ex-JGSDF (Tojo)
  • One ex-mafia driver (Ugo)
  • One ex-artilleryman (Mao)
  • One ex-Child Soldier (Jonah)

That gives us a total of 8 people on team Koko, with at least 3 being the confirmed equal of the SEALs.

On the other hand, Night Nine (Alpha Platoon, SEAL Team 9) consists of between 14-18 hardened SEALs who've been seeing action in Afghanistan. I'd daresay that they've got just as much training time and combat time as Koko's team - plus, unlike before when Koko's team are curbstomping lesser forces, or outmanuvering peer units (well, whether SR could be considered their peers in terms of ability is debatable), this is the first time they're going up against a team that not only outnumbers them, but has been briefed on their playbook, has seen recent action, and is a team that is very much their equal.

It will be extremely interesting to see how this matchup happens.

I expect Koko's forces to win - the show is following the Showy Invincible Hero trope - but I also expect Night Nine to make them work for their win.
But aren't paramilitary soldiers from the CIA also special forces as well? I hear that the CIA specifically recruits it's paramilitary from the SEALS, and Koko's team just wiped them out a number of weeks ago.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 20:58   Link #960
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Navy SEALS, so they're finally up against the top dogs
As ex-Army, I have to do my obligatory eye-roll and mutter something about Delta Force over that comment.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen